New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 4

[MERC Base]

With the whole building colapsing, 'Kirk' ot just enougth distraction to get out of sight.

[Weapon factory]

A bit later he will reapear here. Waiting for the illusion to fade away.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Tier attempts to use his helmet's internal radio to patch into the team he called in and says "I'm outside the complex, or at least what's left of it. Help me get out of here, and I'll personally pay you all extra. This is definitely going to get pinned on me, so I'm guessing I have no choice but to go rogue." Tier attempts to run to where he landed at Skyside.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

3. - Top - End - #933

[Weapon factory]

As Zefir is on his way to the weapon factory, he will get a call. "Good job." He can hear Tellysandra on the other end (assuming he replies). "AMEN did even better than expected, MERC's reputation in Skyside will be in tatters after this. But I assume you're on your way to the weapon factory? Want me to meet you there?"

[On Patrol]

As Quin starts to remove the posters there is a flash of light which he might recognize as coming from a camera.
    Then someone screams at him. "Hey, what are you doing?! You can't just go around removing posters like that!"
    If he turns around, he will see a small gang of hoodlums approaching him. Two goblins, a human, and a gnoll. The gnoll and one of the goblins seem to have been taking pictures of him with their phones. He might notice that at least two of them, the humans and the gnoll, are armed with some sort of projectile weapon. They could be guns, or tasers, its really hard to tell as they're held in these weird looking small holsters.
    The other goblin, who appear to be their leader, is the one yelling at him. He is armed with what appears to be a... lightsaber?

4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [KABAL Office]

There's a visitor here, looking to join, drawn by secret orders from their superiors the stylish posters and unrealistic dreams of an exciting and profitable mercenary life.

That visitor is a young elf girl, named Alni, who looks to be barely out of childhood. She's carrying a large picnic basket and wearing a certain hat. Two Ioun Stones (those little enchanted congeries of geometric crystal and metal) orbit above her head: the blue one just looks pretty; the purple one has some real power to it.

Is this the sort of place where you knock on the door? Or one where you head straight in and find someone to talk to? That's what comes next.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #935

[KABAL Office]

The two gnolls standing outside the KABAL office are giving the elf curious looks. "Uh, we gotta give you pat-down. No weapons allows inside. You okay with that?" One of them asks.

6. - Top - End - #936

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

Quin straightens up, and folds the poster in half, rising to his full 11 foot height. Group or no, they might want to reconsider whether they want to accost the armored humanoid, as he looks for all the world like a small mech suit, his armor green trimmed with yellow and orange. The only immediate indication that he might be something else is that where there should be a plate where his glowing eyes are, there is only a black void behind them. He looks down at the group, catching all of their faces with his optics, thankful that the camera functions his PET once had have somehow been integrated into his being, so recording the entire incident, and even patrol, is a matter of practicality that he's been engaging in the entire time. Still, no violence needs to happen here if he chooses his words carefully.

"Oh? Why not? I've some friends I'd like to show these to, and I could've sworn I've seen ones like this a few blocks up the street." He gestures back in the direction he came from. He wasn't really paying attention to the posters further back, these were just the ones that happened to catch his eye as he passed.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #937

Default [KABAL Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The two gnolls standing outside the KABAL office are giving the elf curious looks. "Uh, we gotta give you pat-down. No weapons allows inside. You okay with that?" One of them asks.
    Alni looks up at the gnolls and nods.
    "Hold on."
    She opens up the picnic basket, reaches in, and withdraws a tiny ray-gun, which she hands over to the guards with a cheery smile.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #938

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Weapon factory]

As Zefir is on his way to the weapon factory, he will get a call. "Good job." He can hear Tellysandra on the other end (assuming he replies). "AMEN did even better than expected, MERC's reputation in Skyside will be in tatters after this. But I assume you're on your way to the weapon factory? Want me to meet you there?"
    [Weapon factory]

Zefir takes the call. He tries to sound normal, but he is to out of breath right now. "Yeah, unexpected trouble." He says between some ehavy breaths. "Yes.. need to drop the illusion. Also need a bit First Aid."

9. - Top - End - #939
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Tier attempts to use his helmet's internal radio to patch into the team he called in and says "I'm outside the complex, or at least what's left of it. Help me get out of here, and I'll personally pay you all extra. This is definitely going to get pinned on me, so I'm guessing I have no choice but to go rogue." Tier attempts to run to where he landed at Skyside.
    Some distressed men answer on the radio. "Roger that. We just regrouped and we're moving towards the complex. Is anyone else over there?"
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-03-21 at 07:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940

[On Patrol]

The goblin leader stares up at Quin until he appears to take the smart route and just shrug. "Whatever then, dude. You're only doing yourself, or whatever organization you work a disfavor by being here. We don't like outsiders like you sticking your nose into our business." He seems to believe that Quin is a outsider.
    The other goblin appear to not paying the situation any heed, doing something on his cellphone instead.

[Weapon factory]

"Give me a moment and I'll be there." Tellysandra replies. Then, not long after, there seem to a sudden lighting strike and Tellysandra, archwarlock of KABAL has appeared. She waves her hand dismissively and the illusion she created around Zefir will disappear. "I brought along a first aid kit too, but you have to use it yourself."

[KABAL Office]

One gnoll accepts the gun, studies it for a moment, and then puts it away into his pocket.
    The other one is walking around behind her. "We still need to pat." It remarks as it will start patting her clothes for more weaponry. Unless resisted, she can feel free to enter the office after that.
    Inside there is a waiting room filled with kabal posters and a stack of old nexmopolitans at the table. There is only one other person waiting inside, a young human girl dressed in gang clothes. She only gives the elf a brief moment of her attention before turning back to the nexmopolitan is reading.
    Behind the counter between two large potted rubber plants sits a bored looking goblin who appears to be working here. "Here to join KABAL? The please sit down and wait." he asks as the enter, the phrase so often asked that it sounds almost robotic at this point.

11. - Top - End - #941

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

Quin is indeed an outsider to the city, but then, he's from outside the Nexus entirely, so it's not as if being an outsider here is any different than pretty much anyplace else. Not that the goblin or his gang of hoodlums know this or really care. Quin himself considers for a moment, then shrugs.

"I understand what you're saying. But I would like to ask, is there anything, aside from 'butting out' that an outsider might be able to do to help you? Something they can bring in that you're having trouble with, that would make things easier on you?" Perhaps these aren't the best people to be asking this question of, but if the rest of the inhabitants of the city are like this, then the goblin's answer might be helpful to those organizations trying to make a positive difference here.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #942

Default [KABAL Office]

The weapon is a magitek model that's been around for a while, made by a mad scientist who successfully transitioned to 'just another cog in the military industrial complex'. It shoots ball lightning at people. Short-ranged but excellent at burning things.

The security procedures are not resisted. Alni is hiding no weapons under her clothes.

Inside, she nods to the reception-goblin and sits down next to the bored gang girl, setting her basket on her lap.
    "Hi! Anything good in that copy?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #943

[Weapon factory]

A part of the floor suddenly gets a sword piercing it, cutting a part of the floor away.

"May I get...some assistance?"

Looks like El Cuervo had to take a different way to get back here.

14. - Top - End - #944

[On Patrol]

The goblin frowns. "I don't know what you're trying to pull, but it ain't working. You're with MERC, aren't you? Like that gorgon." He points at a poster that shows a picture of a jade statue with a tortured expression with the line reading "MERC IS KILLING OUR CITIZEN"

The other three seem more concerned now, their leaders accusations aren't exactly light, if Quin was a MERC member that meant they had to either flee or fight, and fighting didn't seem that attractive right now.

[Skyside - General]

More anti-MERC propaganda have been put up. They're showing pictures of what is (supposedly) the victims of the "jade massacre" when one of MERC's monsters where killing innocent skyside citizens by turning them into jade statues. The tortured expressions of these statues would suggest that they suffered a horrible death.
    There are also suggestions that MERC want to murder their way through Skyside, killing all who oppose them with pictures of giant Dipsnig grinning evilly while burning money and screaming people, who supposedly are supposed to represent skyside citizens, being a rather diverse bunch of hutts, gnolls, humans, etc. all being killed due to MERC's greed.

[KABAL Office]

"Just some article. These copies are so old, I saw this article like, two months ago. I certainly hope that Kabal is more exciting than this place." Alni can see that she's reading a article called Fashion Faux-Paws: Is Orange the new Black Cat? Why Vivacious Vixens have edged out their feline competition as the Nexus' most eligible anthromorph!

15. - Top - End - #945

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

Quin glances at the poster, then shakes his head emphatically, and waves one hand in a "wait" sort of manner.

"Actually, I'm with HALO. I'm trying to get a sense of what all we might be able to do to help folks out up here, that's why I asked." Honesty is probably the best policy at this point, but it's doubtful these four are going to believe the truth. "I've heard of MERC, but I've never bothered to visit one of their offices. I wasn't aware they were here in Skyside; I thought they mostly kept to Riverside."

16. - Top - End - #946

[Skyside - General]

Even more anti-MERC propaganda have been put up, especially in the Cloudtops and Raindrop district. While lighter on the 'MERC will massacre the people of Skyside' angle, they're much the same, suggesting that MERC's greed is going to crush the people and ruin everything forever. Fat goblins with their sacks of money sinking the city to the ground, citizens hiding in their homes, etc.

[KABAL Office]

"Maybe it's a kind of test. You don't join KABAL to write gossip columns, anyways."
    As for why cats have been replaced, that's obvious. Just spend some times around them.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #947

[On Patrol]

The goblin looks confused. "HALO? Then what are you doing in Skyside?"

"Probably trying to steal our technology." The human of the group suggests with a angry look. "Yeah, uh, I heard that they're responsible for global sea rise." The gnoll joins in. "Damn planarists, that's what they are."
    "Yeah, we don't want to be a part of your new world order, skyside is free."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [KABAL Office]

"Maybe it's a kind of test. You don't join KABAL to write gossip columns, anyways."
    As for why cats have been replaced, that's obvious. Just spend some times around them.
    [KABAL Office]

"Boredom test? As if." The girl replies with a roll of her eyes.. "Why is even a elf interested in joining? I though you guys didn't like fighting."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-03-26 at 11:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #948

Default [KABAL Office]

Alni scoffs.
    "Where did you hear that? Fighting is how you get to be stronger! We basically ran out of people to fight back home, but here..." That's not quite true. In a sense, this elf is here because she lost a fight.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #949

NinjaGuy

[On Patrol]

"Mostly trying to get the lay of the land, and see where HALO might be able to help." Quin says, jovially, though one of the glowing orbs that serve as his eyes seems to grow slightly larger while the other seems to get cut off by the darkness that surrounds it. Obviously if he had eyebrows, he'd have one raised and one lowered in a skeptical expression, but this will have to suffice. His voice is a bit incredulous at the others' claims about HALO. "I'm not sure where you've been hearing those things, but they're all wrong. Why would we need to steal your technology when we have a base that can dynamically resize individual rooms based on the occupants' needs? And how in the world could one, and only one, organization be responsible for global sea rise?" He shakes his head for a moment. He doesn't know what a planarist is, so best to just push past that for right now. "And what sort of 'new world order' are you talking about? HALO has no plans to conquer anything if that's what you're thinking. We're not here to take over, just to help keep the peace. If somebody is doing something criminal, and we see it, we'll step in and help stop it, and hand the wrongdoer over to the authorities, whoever they are. Skyside's, or any of the other 'sides' freedom isn't in jeopardy from us."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-03-26 at 08:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #950

[Weapon factory]

Zefir is sitting on the ground when Tellysandra and El Curvo arrive. It doesn't need much to see that he is beaten up. Now that he rests he sweats heavy and the dweat mixes up witht the blood coming from several small cuts.
    "Don't worry. I know to well to use it." he tells her and starts using the first Aid Kit. First of wasching the wounds.
    "Sorry El Curvo. I'm exhausted. Need to recover."

21. - Top - End - #951

[Weapon factory]

"You both should heal up, you deserve that and more after what you did. MERC was dealt a huge blow today, but if you don't mind, would you tell me what happened there? Why was the royal guard called in?" She looks t El Cuervo, what exactly does it look like he needs help with?

[KABAL Office]

"You're an outsider?" The girl looks at her, almost in shock. "Then why're you here? Haven't you heard that KABAL don't like outsiders? That's what I heard at least."

22. - Top - End - #952

[Weapon factory]

What El Cuervo needs help with is getting up the hole, as it only has one arm and thanks to the explosion lost too many feathers for it to fly out of the hole. Its almost can reach far enough, but not quite.

23. - Top - End - #953

Default [KABAL Office]

"They'll like me." Alni states confidently. Or else.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #954

[Weapon factory]

"After I stepped in, the mercanarys there where immediatly alerted of the crows and a guy named Tier was there, too." Zefir starts. "when they prepared for the crows I excused myself for not having a proper weapon and head for the armory. I set up a few bombs, but that tier guy cam looking for me early. He was strangly hostile and I tried to rely on the whole Boss employee thing. I had no choice other then going up again. I wasn't sure if the bombs I placed were enought, thought.
    Then this Tier guy took his shotgun and tried to shoot me. He either is a crazy maniac with an anger problem or he is an assasin trying to kill Kirk. I think first and I'm sure he didn't discover the illusion. I'm not sure what happened outside, but I think he called in some backup. I just heared big noise outside and escaped with what I was able to grab."

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tempest Row - The Wicker Goat]

In a more run down part of Skyside's ports rests the Wicker Goat, a small, cozy establishment that nonetheless is host to a ghastly figure above the door that really needs to be replaced - the titular wicker goat has been there for years, slowly rotting, with the owner of the shop not really bothering to get it replaced despite the need for repairs. The entire place has the feeling of something that needs to be torn down and replaced with a real building, as everything, despite sturdy construction, feels a little like it's all about to fall apart if someone pushes it wrong.

This makes it a great place for cheap booze. a haven for solo mercenaries and pirates, thieves and scoundrels of all sorts that aren't in much of a position to rise higher, or are currently down on their luck, or even just like the quaint atmosphere; fights are rare here, as most come primarily to drink and have a little fun before pressing their nose back to the grindstone to make ends meet.

Ignoring a weeping drunk in the corner is a woman enjoying a mug of the local specialty. on her right hip, a powerful looking pistol, large enough to0 be called a hand cannon, with engravings that suggest an origin of greater importance than on the hip of some thug. on her left him is what appears to be a tool box - a lantern that glows blue appears to power a variety of things in there, each useful for different things. Her shaggy hair is brown, with purple dyes used to make highlights, and her clothing is utilitarian; an armored vest, a pair of pants with pockets on the hips, and large black boots with block heels. She seems to be enjoying herself on her own for the moment.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Entering the dive is someone who looks like they've got a purpose in mind. A half-elf in a long, brown coat with a hood, and what looks like a hard leather breastplate underneath. His face looks more human than elven, with a short beard and angular features. The telltale signs of being a half-elf are his pointed ears and pale, grey eyes. There's an odd unevenness to his step, as if his right leg isn't quite working right. There does seem to be a brace of some sort on it, and on his right hand and wrist, too. He also openly wears a large handgun - a revolver from a pitch-black metal, with odd marks and levers on it. On his other hip is a sheathed backsword.

He consults a piece of paper he's holding, and his eyes sweep the tavern. He finally spots the armed woman and makes his way towards her, with his odd step.

"Liliac 'Eart, I take it?" he asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

"Who's asking?" Lilac asks back, "And what do you want?"

Despite her hostile words, Lilac doesn't reach for her gun; just the nature of inquiry around here. she's mostly trying to determine whether he's a guy trying his luck, or whether he actually has something she needs to look into. this is how she gets her work, after all.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

"My tag's Michalson Barring," he says. "I've 'eard you're dealing in the dazzle some bodies call 'magitech'. If so, our interests may coincide."

Now that he's said more, his accent is quite thick. And his choice of words is strange.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-03-24 at 05:24 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. A canter - not a cant Lilac is familiar with either. It's understandable enough for the moment, "If you're looking for the glimmer, I'm afraid you'll have to try your luck elsewhere. If you just want information, I might be able to provide, if you can show me something worthwhile. I consider myself something of a machinist - maybe I can help. But if you waste my time..." Lilac trails it off, leaving it to Michalson's imagination what she'll do to him.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not just lookin' for the dark of it with nothin' in exchange," Michalson says. He reaches for the revolver on his hip. "Now don't take it the wrong way... I just need to show you this here boomstick." He takes it out of its holster. It's made of some sort of black metal... or is it? The material's hard to identify. The barrel is covered in small, wiggly symbols, and the handle has two complicated glyphs on it. The cylinder is much larger than it should be, and glowing with an eldritch blue light.