New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1493

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #1321
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 4

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    The door opens and a guard steps out. He looks around the door only to be confused with the lack of people. "Stupid pranks. Have some respect." He turns back around to go in the watchtower.
    As soon as the guard turns around, the assassin looks into the door and fires his suppressed 1911 at the guard's head.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    As soon as the guard turns around, the assassin looks into the door and fires his suppressed 1911 at the guard's head.
    The guard is killed and no one seems to notice. His feet stick out of the door. More guards will likely pass the street in a few moments.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewers of Skyside]

"Then our only option is to hold our breath long enough to get through that manhole after all," Wenomir says, thinking rapidly. "If either of you has something that can disperse the gas, now is the time to use it."

With that, he'll hold his breath and make his way back to the manhole, where he'll look for any possible weak spots. Can he pry it open? The Answer doesn't break, so it has that advantage in such a situation.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

Sewers of Skyside

Xavouir holds fast.

((Got nothing to do. At this point Kitty's running low on energy.))
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Sewers of Skyside]

Anika stares in surprise at Wenomir, really?

Well, she didn't have any better ideas, so she guessed that they just had to endure. She turns back into a bear and follows Wenomir into the gas.
    However, holding his breath does not appear to completely negate the effect of the gas around them. Wenomir and Xavouir will start to feel drowsy and sluggish as soon as they are underneath the manhole. Just climbing up likely seems like quite the task for them as their bodies starts slowing down.

Anika still seems to hold firm, but her skin isn't as soft as theirs so she isn't absorbing as much of the gas through it while in bear form.

However, Wenomir could probably stab through the manhole with the Answer, if he wanted to. It is heavy, and there is something heavy on-top of it, but he could just cut through it if he wanted to.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Orc in the Playground

Arkant's Lab

Mostly, he'll get the answers he's expecting, the answers of the humans with the maggots and tumours growing within them. Some of them answer oddly on what their goals are- 'To hide from the light', 'to have children. Huh, never wanted kids before'. One says 'To find out what your spleen tastes like'. That one is immediately shocked at the words coming out of their mouth, and apologises profusely.

Rugged Warehouse

Nothing for me to say here. No direct interactions with my monsters.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewers of Skyside]

Wenomir concocts a somewhat desperate plan, as his vision blurs and his limbs weaken. He climbs up just enough to stab the Answer through the manhole cover. The blade goes through the metal with surprising ease. He then begins to push upwards, with all the strength he can muster, given his awkward position and draining strength. He turns to his companions and motions with his head. His lips move over clenched teeth, trying to signal "push me".
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

Sewers of Skyside

While in most situations, Xavouir hated that he was scion of the seven hells. However this was not one of those situations, and his fiendish heritage was probably the only thing that was keeping him awake as it was. Xavouir sheathes his sword, and starts to push Wenomir upward with the last of his inhuman strength.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

9. - Top - End - #1329

[Sewers of Skyside]

The bear places itself underneath Xavouir and pushes him and Wenomir upwards, towards the manhole. The Answer slides into the cover, and whatever is on top of it, managing to push it upwards.
    Wenomir sees a glint of sunlight as he manages to glean the cover open, topping whatever is standing on it which makes the rest of the process much easier.

However, as soon as he managed to get the cover out of the way, he hears gunshots. He's being fired upon, bullets flying everywhere.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-23 at 12:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

The guard is killed and no one seems to notice. His feet stick out of the door. More guards will likely pass the street in a few moments.
    The assassin attempts to drag in the body and then close and lock the door.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewers of Skyside]

Wenomir almost takes a deep breath and jump out when the manhole cover goes up, but then the gunshots came. He then tenses up and heaves himself out of the sewer entrance, leaping into the air, spinning and landing behind the nearest cover he can find. He's too dizzy, disoriented and weakened to tackle a hail of bullets head-on.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets of Skyside

Xavouir flies outward towards a different cover.

13. - Top - End - #1333

[Sewers of Skyside]

The two of them might be hit by the bullets then as they are coming from several directions at once.
    It seems like some of the shooters are on the rooftops, and some are taking cover behind a vehicle, a fourth shooter seems to be hidden in a kiosk.
    As there are so many shooters, the closest cover would actually be the kiosk, but then they would have to run straight for one of the shooters.
    They could just attempt to run away from everything, but that would leave them completely open for a long stretch.

Finally, the bear have somehow managed to climb up and is squeezing itself through the manhole. It is... quite an sight, especially as bullets ricochets off its stony hide.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

[Sewers of Skyside]

Wenomir ducks and weaves among the hail of bullets, but the ordeal in the sewers slowed him down, and he takes some hits. Nothing major, yet, but it adds up. He makes a dash for the kiosk, but as soon as the shooter there leans out to fire, Wenomir's hand suddenly lashes out, trying to plant a throwing knife in their forehead. Or throat. Or any other vulnerable target that presents itself.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    The assassin attempts to drag in the body and then close and lock the door.
    The assassin closes the door to find a long spiral staircase going up. If he takes normal steps, the sound will echo though the tower. At the top, he will find a steel door with a small window. The inside looks very blurry from the outside because of a covering behind the window. He can at least see a small control panel and one guard inside with average vision.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Xavouir gives Kitty full control over his body, and the intelligent sword goes at incredible speeds blocking the bullets. This is really taxing on Xavouir though, and blood starts to fall from his cowled hood.

17. - Top - End - #1337

[Streets of Skyside]

As Wenomir rushes towards the kiosk, he can already see the shooter which doesn't need to take cover, it just keeps shooting at the warrior, its gun following his every movement. The knife hits the main turret, causing it to start misfiring, spraying bullets into the air.

"Please surrender! Don't be crazy!" They can hear one of the shooters at the rooftop shout even as bullets keep flying.

Anika is rushing towards the shooter hiding behind the vehicle, who just so happens to also be a turret. Huh.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-24 at 04:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets of Skyside]

Wenomir dives behind the kiosk, swinging his sword to cut the turret's firing mechanism and make it stop spraying bullets. Then he huddles behind his newfound cover, catching his breath.

19. - Top - End - #1339

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Arkant's Lab

Mostly, he'll get the answers he's expecting, the answers of the humans with the maggots and tumours growing within them. Some of them answer oddly on what their goals are- 'To hide from the light', 'to have children. Huh, never wanted kids before'. One says 'To find out what your spleen tastes like'. That one is immediately shocked at the words coming out of their mouth, and apologises profusely.

Rugged Warehouse

Nothing for me to say here. No direct interactions with my monsters.
    Arkant's Lab

Arkant will have to leave it like that for now, keeping the infested imprisioned. He will need the informations from the trip to get more.

Rugged Warehouse -> That Alley

Arkant will wait here for Jonas. "This is were we saw them first. let's look for any hints,"
    Arkant will search for any clue where the kindred came from. Since he got the ability to fly, thanks to magic, he will be able to look on the roofs as well.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugged Warehouse --> That Alley

Jonas looks around using every investigative tool and instinct to track residual matter. Once Arkant is out of hearing range though, he mutters about magic again.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Streets of Skyside]

"Hey, just hand over the snake and you won't get hurt, like, anymore than you already are." Calls yet another rooftop shooter. This is a team: the gnoll occasionally take a potshot at the kiosk, and while he's aiming and reloading, a goblin with some sort of gadgetry projects a shield in front of them. The guy sounds personally offended that he has to be up here shooting at VIGIL, like this was supposed to be his day off.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sorry for the late post))

Streets of Skyside

Xavouir follows Wenomir, deflecting bullets as he can.

23. - Top - End - #1343

[Streets of Skyside]

The bear knocks the other turret over with its paws, yet it continues to unload bullets into the air for a few moments before finally coming to a stop.
    But even then the mercenaries don't stop shooting, VIGIL were still dosed with the gas, and they were all wounded, surely if they hold on a little longer...?

They are focusing fire on Wenomir and Xavouir now, and from the other rooftop someone is lobbing another gas bomb at them. That'd flush them out of their hiding spot.

"Yeah, punks." Another mercenary, a gnoll in a slouch hat remarks. "Do you really feel that lucky?!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-25 at 12:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Orc in the Playground

That Alley

There's immediate evidence the creatures haven't returned- a homeless mutant has built a small cardboard shack against a smelly dumpster, and is eyeing the two men warily. One man, if Arkant flies up. The mutant was originally human, before some form of experiments altered it; now, it's either escaped, or was released and left to fend for itself. Ragged strips of cloth are wrapped about their head, though three eyes peek out from underneath; one on the right, two on the left. They wear an old surgical gown, covered in weird stains and hastily patched with scraps of other cloth. Their left arm ends in a large crablike claw, long and narrow and with a serrated cutting edge... but its efficacy as a weapon is doubtful; that arm does not seem to have an elbow, and instead the claw is used to lean on. The right hand is wearing an old wool glove, and grips a back-alley flintlock pistol, made from scrap pipe and a plastic grip from a toy gun; the weapon seems to be a single-shot flintlock design. Its left leg ends in a coiling tentacle, and the mutant- its gender is impossible to determine, and besides the claw and the tentacle, its every inch of flesh is hidden by cloth wrappings or scavenged clothing- supports itself on one leg and the tip of the claw that was its arm. The tentacle is slimy, purple and moves sluggishly, despite the mutant's otherwise motionless stance.

There's a broken air conditioning unit half way up the wall, and one of the creatures did run up that wall towards it, before they were shot, killed and fell to the ground. At roof-level itself, there's a maze of chimney pots, vents, broken equipment, satellite dishes and antennae up here. Next to the alleyway, on a roof overlooking corner taken by Jonas when he took the bait, is a small, crude tent made from rotting tarpaulin and old bricks, but there's nobody in it. There's nobody visible at all, in fact... Though there's traces of black staining here and there, suggesting the route taken by the 'girl' who escaped.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets of Skyside]

"Cover me," Wenomir says to Xavouir.

He traces the gas bomb's arc with his eyes, as he shifts his grip on his sword. He grabs it by the blade, in a murder-stroke grip. Then, when the bomb comes close enough... he rushes in and strikes it with the pommel at the right moment, sending it right back at the mercenaries. See how they like that. Hopefully Xavouir can keep the bullets off him as he does that.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets of Skyside

Xavouir does his best to deflect the bullets, but one or two might get through. His time in the booth let his healing factor kick in, so if he has the chance he'll take the bullet instead of Wenomir.

27. - Top - End - #1347

[Streets of Skyside]

This was crazy, madness!
    They had fired several magazines worth of bullets at the group, and yet they were still performing amazing acrobatic. Hadn't the gas worked at all?!

Wenomir does manage to slam away the bomb, but doesn't quite manage to lob it all the way up to the roof where the mercenaries are holding up. The fact the he almost managed to do it makes them weary. Another, larger, gnoll in a slouch hat raises her hand as the other one fires two shots with his revolver at Wenomir before starting to retreat.

However, the raised hand was actually a signal for something. Further away, one another rooftop sits a goblin sniper who have been following the whole fight through his scope. As Wenomir is busy lobbing bombs at the other mercenaries, he takes the shot, aiming for the warrior's leg to cripple him.

The rest of the mercenaries are preparing to leave. They were running out of bullets and there was no way they could keep up with these people without a constant spray of bullets. Hopefully they would prevent Wenomir from chasing them at the very least.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

[Streets of Skyside]

The bullet goes clean through Wenomir's leg, and the warrior collapses on his knee.

"****!" he screams, crawling back behind the cover of the kiosk. "We need to get out of here, quick!"

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

The assassin closes the door to find a long spiral staircase going up. If he takes normal steps, the sound will echo though the tower. At the top, he will find a steel door with a small window. The inside looks very blurry from the outside because of a covering behind the window. He can at least see a small control panel and one guard inside with average vision.
    The assassin scans the guard's uniform from head to toe and his suit will change the color. He will then walk up to and knock on the door with 1911 on hand. As soon as the door is open, he will attempt to shoot the guard.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets of Skyside

"Xavouir" hands Wenomir a cure moderate wounds potion, and then says: Do you have a plan for this course of action. I can perhaps carry you out and fly, but they'd shoot us out of the sky.