New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 4

[Dining and Dashing]

There's a sound, a sudden give under his hand, and the manticore goes limp.

Across the way, Alexia catches the hound just in time, claws scything the air a bare fraction of an inch from her face as she throws it back. Something breaks in the impact against the sidewalk, the beast groaning as it scrambles onto its feet - one leg dragging limply. Its hackles rise, teeth bared in threat.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #212

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [The Ninja, the Sniper and the HVTs]

"Don't be so smug, Evan. We haven't seen you for quite a while, in fact we didn't expect to see you." Rai!Luna explains, grinning. "We've been testing our newfound alliance. Delegating tasks to each side of us."

Luna groans and mentally tells Rai to get on with it already. "Luna oughta be talking to you now, but she's allergic to the truth. It's alright if you moved on."
    "Rai!" Luna appears once more, her half of her face shocked.
    "What? Just saying." Rai chuckles as Luna huffs and disappears again.

Evan's expression darkens a hair.

Is there a point? Or can I get on with my business and leave this irritating place?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

"Touchy." Rai grins smugly. "You two really deserve each other. Now! What's the best part? Please tell me something blows up. I kept telling Luna to call down an airstrike on the building, but you know her: 'no unnecessary deaths'."

She rolls her eyes.

4. - Top - End - #214

Evan retrieves a bullet painted over with a green tip and drops it in his rifle. This job had required much in the way of prior preparation.

Nothing so simple. As I said before. Amateur.

The assassin raises his weapon and fires the round through the top window of the building, striking what he had paid to be left there. The entire building becomes illuminated by emerald light for two seconds before fading away.

And that takes care of that. Off to jobs that are at my skill level. Feel free to stick around.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Rai crosses her arms and watches, nodding in approval and awe when the building disappears, either being atomized or being teleported off to a world where they won't be a problem anymore.

Then he says his next words, and half of their face twists into a grimace while the Rai part rolls her eyes. "I'd stay, but this promises to be far too entertaining. Bye love!" And she's off, leaving an angry Luna staring at Evan, her teeth gritted.

"Youuuu smug bastard. You think you're hot ****, huh?" She looks like she'd very much like to punch a hole through his face. Instead, she folds her hands and stares at him disapprovingly. "I shouldn't be surprised, though. I mean, this is you we're talking about."

((Passive-Aggressive Kombaaaat! Rrround One! FIGHT! ))

6. - Top - End - #216

Evan's smile fades away into an icy stare.

I don't think anything. I know I am.

I mean you're easily beaten aren't you? You've already lost your mind and control of your emotions. You wanna hit me?

The barest hint of a smirk returns.

Go on. Try it. Hit me. Judge me.

The Assassin's weapon rests on his shoulder, though that shouldn't indicate that Evan isn't ready.

You've got a lot of nerve saying I use people to Evangeline. I fail to see how I've done so. If anything, I've been used more between the two of us. My money, my time, my sanity, nearly my life more than once. Need I remind you that your solution to one such breakdown was to drug me without my permission?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Tempest Row - Dipsnig]

"<Dipsnig Razortooth,>" the leader of MERC says into his transmitter. Having seen who the call is from, he speaks in his native language. If it's Atilla or one of his people on the other side, they'll have a translator droid on hand. To Dena, Dipsnig's speech will sound like someone trying to chew on walnuts.
    [Tempest Row - Dipsnig]

There's a brief pause, then an equally gravelly voice comes from the other end. <Aisa Vellia.>
    Sounds like the Hutt's lieutenant did indeed have a translator droid on hand.
    <I have a target.>

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Lucretia's Manse]

"So far as I'm concerned, and I'm only a little concerned.." As much wine as might be put in front of him, Metzhultultaran Stone is not a merry dwarf. A rich one, with jeweled rings on his stubby fingers, his nearly square physique swaddled in a midnight blue suit shot with threads that catch the turning of the light into racing streaks of starlight. But his voice is sour and the mood of the party grinds to a halt at his seat.
    "They're new money. By best reports, the whole lot they've moved in with, that's hired muscle and tech, and the core of them is only a half-dozen strong at best. Just starve them. If nobody at this table offers them a scrap to eat, and I've got the slavers in my pocket, they will starve." One arm sits in a sling, the hand a lump of dull unmoving stone. His bald forehead gleams with insets of steel and granite, an elaborate mosaic, and a charm of bone binds the single braid of his beard. "But if the Lord Han wants the vermin out fast.. With his backing I can arrange for it to be done."
    [Lucretia's Manse]

A few of the assorted nobles mutter angrily at the intrusion, though Ishkur Sulayman smiles instead. It's not a nice smile, though. It's a condescending, "I know something you don't" type of smile.

Han the Greater seems interested though. "What do you mean, dwarf?" He's got his customary lack of tact, however. As mentioned: could have been a great accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Tempest Row - Wherever]

An unknown party is attempting to raise one of the local Ferengi, Gripak, on a years-old subspace channel, in some hope that it's still there. That there are spaceports around helps, though, since that means it's entirely likely that the locals kept their ships at least partially intact.

If he's not present to receive the message, well, presumably this thing has space caller ID so he can catch that later.

Not to mention the message left after the beep, which consists of the text-only words 'Rule 285,' except in Klingon. How bizarre.
    [Tempest Row - Gripak's Bar]

Well, that's one way to get attention. Once Gripak is back from his meeting with the other Ferengi and the Hutts, there's a call from a very angry and anxious Ferengi going to be coming through.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-01-09 at 11:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

[Tempest Row - Dipsnig]

"<That was quick,>" Dipsnig says. "<Who or what is it? My lieutenant and I are on our way to Tempest Row, as it happens.>"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

<What can we say? You certainly made a splash. Your target is the premises of a Hutt named Torlux. He runs a tibanna gas processing plant in Thunderhead. If the plant could be sabotaged in a way that makes it look like the Ferengi did it, it should definitely stir up the pot between the Ferengi and the Hutts and throw the alliance into chaos.>

10. - Top - End - #220

[Tempest Row]

Dena taps her hip as she waits for Dipsnig to finish his call. He grabbed his public phone on a mission like this? Guess he needed to stay connected with the customers no matter what.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

For the record, it probably isn't his public phone. MERC's dealings with Atilla are kept rather hushed-up.

"<So they are willing to ally against us already. That's a stronger impression than I expected,>" Dipsnig says. "<Very well. Once we've secured a safehouse in the Row, we'll see what we can do about it.>"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

<We'll arrange a cache full of Ferengi weapons and explosives to help with the operation.> Says the droid. <If you want, we can also send a guy over to your camp to act as an informant. We'll be able to communicate and feed you more targets through him.>

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

[Tempest Row - Gripak's Bar]

The telltale sound of a channel opening rings out. Audio only, of course.

"Hello, Gripak. Glad to see you're alright." Perhaps fortunately for Gripak's nerves, this time it's not in Klingon, though the distorted voice's odd friendliness can't possibly be comforting. "After I found out about you, your disappearance after the war ended suddenly made a lot more sense. We had assumed one of your fellow businessmen found out about that charity of yours and decided to...correct the issue. We thought it was sad, but, as they say, no good deed..." The voice trailed off there, letting Gripak have a moment to process everything.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

"<I'll consider it. It might be a safer way to communicate. We'll get back to you as soon as we're set up,>" Dipsnig says.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Evan's smile fades away into an icy stare.

I don't think anything. I know I am.

I mean you're easily beaten aren't you? You've already lost your mind and control of your emotions. You wanna hit me?

The barest hint of a smirk returns.

Go on. Try it. Hit me. Judge me.

The Assassin's weapon rests on his shoulder, though that shouldn't indicate that Evan isn't ready.

You've got a lot of nerve saying I use people to Evangeline. I fail to see how I've done so. If anything, I've been used more between the two of us. My money, my time, my sanity, nearly my life more than once. Need I remind you that your solution to one such breakdown was to drug me without my permission?

Luna looks down and away when he mentions the loss of her mind and emotions. She agreed to work together with Raikiri, but she'd rather find a way to get them merged instead. That has turned out to be impossible, so she has to learn to like the situation of things. It's certainly made her rather grumpier.

She looks up and stares angrily at him at his next words, but is silent for a bit, seriously considering denting his perfect face. Then she takes a few deep breaths.

"Still on that? Ever heard the concept of 'forgive and forget'? Or were you just lying when you said you forgave me?" Why's she asking? The answer's probably yes.

"I loved you, Evan. I know I'm not the most mentally stable person there is, but I loved you. I quit my polyamorous lifestyle so we could be together. After you got me shot in the head - which didn't help my mental state any - we tried to patch things up, didn't we? Only for me to wake up one morning and you're gone without any explanation. How do you think I feel?" She folds her arms and sighs. "I was ready to have your babies, Evan."

Maybe she remembers things differently, but that's what she remembers.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-01-10 at 01:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Dining and Dashing]

There's a sound, a sudden give under his hand, and the manticore goes limp.

Across the way, Alexia catches the hound just in time, claws scything the air a bare fraction of an inch from her face as she throws it back. Something breaks in the impact against the sidewalk, the beast groaning as it scrambles onto its feet - one leg dragging limply. Its hackles rise, teeth bared in threat.
    Dine and Dash

Alexia raises her right hand, the threat obvious. The Manticore might recognize what the threat is, but if it still moves at all towards her or Sam, she throws her hand to the right in an attempt to smash the creature against a wall with bone-crushing force. If it still stands afterwards, she'll throw it into another wall and do so again and again until it is dead.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Dine and Dash

Sam stands there, chest heaving for a few moments as he lets the blood drip from his hand. Then, he turns to Alexia, and finally gets a good look at her.
    "Oh, gods."
    He hurries over with her cloak and a handkerchief, waiting for her to finish dealing with the beast.

In addition, Alexia might notice at this point that Sam smells rather odd. An ozone-like smell, like rain. It wasn't obvious before, but he's been sweating now from the panic and adrenaline. Certainly not what you'd expect from a large blue pig-ogre. Though, it's probably a lot less unpleasant than what you'd expect from either of those creatures separately.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-01-10 at 05:22 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #228

[Dining and Dashing]

The hound holds its ground for a moment, hissing through its teeth. And then it turns, tail snapping out a covering flurry of spikes as it wheels around, dashing and bounding out for the mouth of the alleyway and into the sunlight beyond.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Dine and Dash

Alexia's readied hand flicks back and forth a couple times, swatting a few of the spikes from the air before she catches the last with her hand to toss aside. She'll let the hound go however, and turn to look Sam over to make sure he's alright. "We need a healer." She says, wincing as she sets a hand on the barb that's in her side. "This is just going to dig deeper. I give it a couple hours before it gets something vital." She tells him.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Dine and Dash

Sam offers Alexia the handkerchief.
    "Here. It might not be vital but your face is bleeding badly." he says, ignoring his other hand that is also bleeding rather badly from the bite, or the several stab wounds he has from the creatures' spines. Maybe he should rip up his vest?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Dine and Dash

Alexia takes the cloth and pulls out her canteen from her hip to wet it down with water before placing it over her eye. "If there's a place for mercenaries, maybe we can bargain for medical attention. I have no money, but we need to hurry like...now. Otherwise this eye will be gone." She tells Sam.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Dine and Dash

"Right. There's one that just moved in like, last week. Big place, hard to miss, definitely guarded. Two, three blocks? Let's go. Would it be easier for your side if you didn't walk?" he says, offering his three uninjured arms in a very innocent manner.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Dine and Dash

"Just lead on already. I don't know this area."
    She growls, one hand on her face and the other on her eye. It's quite apparent she's impatient and in pain and just wants to get a move on.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Dine and Dash

"Yeah, sure." he says, giving Alexia back her cloak and leading her down the block to where he remembers seeing the mercenary building. It shouldn't be that far of a walk, even if they are bleeding...

25. - Top - End - #235

[Dinner is Served]

Not far to go, but there's a horrid itching feel spreading up Sam's back from between his shoulderblades, this now-cold then-hot little army of needles dancing along his spine. Nothing that would stop him from going on though...

In fact, he might start walking faster than ever, swing a sudden right turn away from Alexia and towards the main streets.

[Lucretia's Manse]

Well, Stone has the only the most sincere smiles to return, full of beatific patience and understanding. Even at a table full of drunk and spoiled sharks. "They've been making an awful show up here, and I know the kind of expense that takes, so I can't help but imagine the two other offices, in two other cities, are both the poorer for that." He leans forward, happy to entertain the Lord Han's righteous fury. "They've tried to push us around on our own doorstep, eh? The details, we can have our people settle the details, but with your backing, we'll return that to them in spades."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2016-01-14 at 07:06 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Dashing

Well, not quite dashing. More of stumbling.

Alexia follows behind Sam wherever he goes, stumbling every so often as she fights off dizziness. Despite the rather severe pain and dwindling coordination, she stays only a little behind Sam as she pushes herself to keep up.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Dashing

Dashing is something that doesn't really describe Sam in any sense. If his hair didn't hide it, he'd look quite pale as he suddenly finds himself not moving properly.
    "Alex, I'm not moving my legs." he chokes out, and the best thing he can do is try to use the tails that are still wrapped around his legs in an attempt to trip himself, grabbing onto a nearby fire escape if that doesn't work.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post

Luna looks down and away when he mentions the loss of her mind and emotions. She agreed to work together with Raikiri, but she'd rather find a way to get them merged instead. That has turned out to be impossible, so she has to learn to like the situation of things. It's certainly made her rather grumpier.

She looks up and stares angrily at him at his next words, but is silent for a bit, seriously considering denting his perfect face. Then she takes a few deep breaths.

"Still on that? Ever heard the concept of 'forgive and forget'? Or were you just lying when you said you forgave me?" Why's she asking? The answer's probably yes.

"I loved you, Evan. I know I'm not the most mentally stable person there is, but I loved you. I quit my polyamorous lifestyle so we could be together. After you got me shot in the head - which didn't help my mental state any - we tried to patch things up, didn't we? Only for me to wake up one morning and you're gone without any explanation. How do you think I feel?" She folds her arms and sighs. "I was ready to have your babies, Evan."

Maybe she remembers things differently, but that's what she remembers.
    Got me shot in the head? Got ME shot in the head! How dare she! Evan's previously icy expression melts, then promptly reheats into rage.

You're blaming me for that? If anything happened it's because you went on a psychotic episode and killed people because the looked like me! I didn't even know the contract was out until it was far too late.

The sniper's volume raises as his anger grows.

And you know what? To perfectly honest, if someone called up a contract and told me that you had gone about killing people simply for looking like me, Evan shouts, I'D HAVE TAKEN THE CONTRACT AND PULLED THE TRIGGER MYSELF!

Evan slowly reins himself in.

You need to get your life together before you presume to lecture or blame me for your karma coming back to bite you. I'd also remind you that I did everything imaginable to kill the person who did it. But that's neither here nor there. It's done with.

Silver mist gathers behind the assassin as he slowly turns to leave.

Harmony follow you. You certainly need it more than I do.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

[Ninja and the Sniper]

Luna's eyes widen at the part where he yells. She doesn't move until he makes to leave. "So that's how it's gonna be, huh? Sorry you feel that WAY!" She yells the last word and throws a punch at him.

'This is fun! You guys are adorable.' Rai comments.‎

30. - Top - End - #240

[Dashing]

Sam falters to a lurching stop, nearly going over as his upper body tries to carry on past where his legs stick stock still - and his words end with a breathless little squeeze through the unseen hand across his mouth. The invisible hand, an invisible force grips him, and the burning in his shoulder flares up his spine as his face begins to shift beneath, skin crawling into new shape as bones bend and give way.

"Nothing. It's nothing, nevermind." And he lurches forward again, shoulders at a tilt and arms swinging dumbly.