New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Threadnaught, I choose you! (I give permission as well)
    That MasterBall is surprisingly comfortable. Even if it's the tenth you threw at me.

Loophole (Su): Through exploiting the weaknesses in the laws that govern reality, a Rudisplorkian can emulate any spell once per day which has a level equal to their HD divided by three plus one. This spell does not need to be chosen until then, and must be from the Sorcerer, Wizard, or Cleric spell list. Each use of this ability deals 1d4 constitution damage to the Rudisplorkian. It uses the Rudisplorkian's highest mental stat (intelligence, wisdom, or charisma) as its primary stat for the purpose of determining save DC. Caster level is equal to the Rudisplorkian's hit dice.
    Boo-urns: Excellent, Spellcasting...
    Vegetable: Where's the Druid? Where's the damn Druid!?

Aww.

Madness (Su): Rudisplorkians are immune to ability drain that targets mental stats (intelligence, wisdom or charisma) and are immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.
    Schu-weet, what makes this ability even better is how it's named after one of my favourite characters. Sheogorath!

Rudisplorkians have spell resistance equal to their HD + 11.
    Obvious Avatar reference.

Abilities: +2 Int, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
    My reaction, up to 2:18.

LA: [Removed at request of the DM's Association Against Power-Gaming (DMAAPG)]
    And continue from 2:18 until 2:26.

Looks like Level Adjustment +2 though. Those crazy DMs think they can stop this just by withholding Level Adjustment. Phrenic is Level Adjustment +2 and it is probably on par with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    Permission granted, but I doubt I count as regular yet.
    Member Rank is Orc
    Threadnaught is sure a Pixie got something before.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Singing Creature

Type: Unchanged, gain [Chaotic] and [Sonic] subtypes.
    Alignment: Any Chaotic
    Armor Class: Gain a +3 Lyrical Bonus to armor class
    Resistances: Immunity to Sonic, +4 to saves against mind-affecting
    Speed: Unchanged
    Ability Score Changes: DEX +6, INT +2, CHA +8
    Skills: +6 racial bonus to bluff, diplomacy, and gather information, and perform.
    Special Abilities:
    • Distracting Song - All enemies within 10 ft. per HD of the Singing Creature must make a will save (10+1/2 HD+CHA Modifier) or take a -2 to AC, Attack Rolls, Damage Rolls, Saves, Ability Checks, and Skill Checks as they are overwhelmed with the desire to hum along to the song. This is a sound-based effect that is not mind-affecting.
    • Bardic Aptitude - A singing creature is treated as a bard 4 levels higher for the purposes of Bardic Music and Bardic Performance, as well as qualifying for prestige classes.
    • Perfect Pitch - A Singing Creature increases the bonuses and save DCs by 2 for their bardic music.

CR: +2 (possibly reasonable, I dunno)
    *hacking coughs* I just snerked soda up my nose! This is awesome!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Master's Eternal Servant

Often viewd as victims of a cruel master, most of those who undergo the ritual to become a Master's Eternal Servant do so willingly. During the 24 hours the ritual takes to perform, its subjects head is burnt, until only the skull remains. This cleans the subjects mind of any doubts regarding her master, and is essential for the "dead" part of being an undead servant. Most Eternal Servants are spies, scouts or messengers.

Master's Eternal Servant is an acquired template that can be applied to any humanoid with at least one head. To become a Master's Eternal Servant one must undero a ritual during witch all of ones heads are burnt to the bare bone. The ritual takes 24 hours and either require that the subject makes an oath of service to her (future) master or (if unwilling) is forced to do so. In case of the latter, the subject is granted a will save at the completition of the ritual versus an DC equal to the Leadership Score of the would be Master.

Size and Type: The base creature's type changes to Undead (augmented). Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice and Hit Points: All current and future Hit Dice become d12s.

Special Qualities:

Oath of service (Ex): A Master's Eternal Servant has sworn an oath of service to her Master. Whenever a course of action would hurt the plans of her master, a Master's Eternal Servant is subject to an effect similar to a suggestion presenting a different course of action. A Master's Eternal Servant that disobeys or hinders her master in anyway is subject to a -4 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks until her master casts or has an atonement spell cast on her behalf (a willing Master's Eternal Servant counts as a living creature for any atonement spell cast on her). If a Master's Eternal Servants master dies or no longer requires servitude, most Eternal Servants destroy themselves. In any case, an Eternal Servant without a master looses it's purpose to exist, and either dwells over memories of her lost master, or tries to find a new purposes. In case of the latter, if she succeeds, she makes a new oath of service.

Clear purpose (Ex): The strict obedience of a servant clears the mind, granting a Master's Eternal Servant a +4 bonus to all will saves.

Master's Step (Sp): Striding to fullfill her master's orders, a Master's Eternal Servant may teleport up to 10 feet. She can't bring along any other creature. Activating this ability is an immediate action, and a Master's Eternal Servant can use this spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to her Intelligence bonus (minimum 1). Its equivalent spell level is equal to one-half the Master's Eternal Servants HD (minimum 1st), and the caster level is her HD.

Master's Way (Sp): A Master's Eternal Servant with 5 or more HD may use dimension door as the spell once per week. If she has 10 or more HD she may use this abilitiy once per day insted. The save DC is intelligence based. Caster level is HD.

Abilities: +2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Cha.

Skills: The lack of facial features grants a Master's Eternal Servant a +4 bonus to bluff checks. She also gets a +4 circumstance bonus on sense motive checks against creatures she beliefes not to be in the service of her master.

Alignment: Any lawful.

Level Adjustment: +2 [not sure about this one at all...]

CR adjustement: If HD below 10: +2; if HD 10 or more: +3 [not sure either...]

So, yeah, my first try... :|

Generation 7
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    minty if I count as regular you definetly count
    Zut alors! I count for something!

Anyways, a template of me involves being turned blonde/blond, Chaotic Good, and no longer needing to sleep. Past that, I have no idea so go nuts.
    Last edited by ThinkMinty; 2015-09-28 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules are for Jerks: A Chaotic Good Alignment Handbook View Post
    A fair number of people don’t quite grok Chaotic Good, since the idea of thinking for yourself while being a good person is apparently confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by linklele
    Look, a strange boy just popped into my room asking for your soul...
    Avatar by linklele, featuring a strange boy. Full signature is here.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

I give permission.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

The following is based on a true story.

September 28, 2015
    I am writing this now out of concern for my own sanity. I though it would be a simple 2 weeks until I left my underpaid custodial job, but I find myself, 2 work days later, working between the realms of zues and hades. I wonder if wearing a swim suit and sun tan lotion or a flame retardant bomb suit would be more appropriate. I always thought hades' realm would be more gloomy and cold, instead I find fire everywhere. Zues' realm is a huge mess, I am glad I don't have to clean up there, though I did find a chunk of it near hades' realm. I must also frequently pass through Poseiden's realm. There also seems to be one other realm in the area. I can only assume I have gone completely insane or am suffering a fever dream.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    The following is based on a true story.

September 28, 2015
    I am writing this now out of concern for my own sanity. I though it would be a simple 2 weeks until I left my underpaid custodial job, but I find myself, 2 work days later, working between the realms of zues and hades. I wonder if wearing a swim suit and sun tan lotion or a flame retardant bomb suit would be more appropriate. I always thought hades' realm would be more gloomy and cold, instead I find fire everywhere. Zues' realm is a huge mess, I am glad I don't have to clean up there, though I did find a chunk of it near hades' realm. I must also frequently pass through Poseiden's realm. There also seems to be one other realm in the area. I can only assume I have gone completely insane or am suffering a fever dream.
    Hades' realm is both cold wet and miserable, and hot burning pain. Also that's where the good afterlife is.
    Hades himself? Nice guy, he doesn't like it when visitors leave though, but he won't force you to stay unless you're a VIP.

I wouldn't trust Poseidon or Zeus as far as I can throw the twelve Argonauts of Perseus though, especially Judas.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Hades' realm is both cold wet and miserable, and hot burning pain. Also that's where the good afterlife is.
    Hades himself? Nice guy, he doesn't like it when visitors leave though, but he won't force you to stay unless you're a VIP.

I wouldn't trust Poseidon or Zeus as far as I can throw the twelve Argonauts of Perseus though, especially Judas.
    That last sentence hurt me in my soul.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post

Oh I know, he likes his job too. The only thing he doesn't like about his job is he gets left out of some of the parties on Olympus, and Zues is the biggest jerk ever.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh I know, he likes his job too. The only thing he doesn't like about his job is he gets left out of some of the parties on Olympus, and Zues is the biggest jerk ever.
    ARGH *pedantic spasm* It is Zeus. Not Zues. Sweet Asmodeus that bothered me. *end pedantic spasm*
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    ARGH *pedantic spasm* It is Zeus. Not Zues. Sweet Asmodeus that bothered me. *end pedantic spasm*
    I'd be more inclined to remember how to spell Zues if he wasn't a jerk. Also, strangely enough that was in my phone's auto-correct, even though i have never spelled Zues before now... Zues need that rule of three

September 28, 2015 update
    It would appear as though the forth realm belongs to Aphrodite. I never would have imagined that there would be so much pink. At least the pink is used appropriately, i hate pink that is used badly. Like brown, pink should never go with brown. Those fashion people that thought it was popular back a while ago just looked like walking piles of... you know it doesn't matter, the fashion industry will always aspire to be unfashionable, for isn't that what being truly fashionable is? being so obnoxious other people can't look at you? If it isn't they really need to try harder and by harder i mean they actually need to put even 1% of an effort in.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-09-28 at 11:07 PM.

Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #72

I'd be more inclined to remember how to spell Zues if he wasn't a jerk.
    If everyone did that I don't think we'd be able to remember many people's names. We all have a little jerk in all of us.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be more inclined to remember how to spell Zues if he wasn't a jerk. Also, strangely enough that was in my phone's auto-correct, even though i have never spelled Zues before now... Zues need that rule of three
    *eye twitch* *eye twitch* *eye twitch*

Please... Stop... I'm dying here...
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    If everyone did that I don't think we'd be able to remember many people's names. We all have a little jerk in all of us.
    I have yet to find evidence of Zues having any amount of not jerk in him, and I have read a lot of greek plays and stories. Even his acts of kindness seem to be centered around his own vanity or pride.

Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I have yet to find evidence of Zues having any amount of not jerk in him, and I have read a lot of greek plays and stories. Even his acts of kindness seem to be centered around his own vanity or pride.
    Baucis and Philemon where his kindness to the couple is based upon their treatment of him when he was disguised and a stranger, explicitly because that is how they treat strangers and not based upon knowledge of him as a god?

Ok, that's Ovid so it's actually Jupiter and he did destroy the rest of the town for being jerks who ignored sacred hospitality. Seriously that's the only one where Zeus shows kindness that is not based upon vanity or pride I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe Deucalion's flood where it's less vanity and more a realization that this guy actually respects the gods even after we tried to kill him and a... uh dudes I might have been a jerk moment. Note that Zeus's kind moments are "I won't kill you with a flood like everyone else... in fact have a reward."
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-09-28 at 11:19 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Olympian Gods have "fatal" flaws themselves, no matter what the stories say to the contrary. Zeus has hubris, I think we can all agree on this. And also the inability to keep it in his pants, but that's another topic entirely.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Olympian Gods have "fatal" flaws themselves, no matter what the stories say to the contrary. Zeus has hubris, I think we can all agree on this. And also the inability to keep it in his pants, but that's another topic entirely.
    To my knowledge that was the point of the Olympian pantheon's inclusion in our collective tabletop RPG. That they have flaws and are more humanized than overdeities.
    For those playgroups that prefer it Olympians and others inspired by them are mortal-like enough to be defeatable.
    For other playgroups their flaws humanize them enough they can at least be conversed with or characterized as more than an assemblage of pretty lights and congealed moral/ethical values.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    To my knowledge that was the point of the Olympian pantheon's inclusion in our collective tabletop RPG. That they have flaws and are more humanized than overdeities.
    For those playgroups that prefer it Olympians and others inspired by them are mortal-like enough to be defeatable.
    For other playgroups their flaws humanize them enough they can at least be conversed with or characterized as more than an assemblage of pretty lights and congealed moral/ethical values.
    I'll usually potray them as the second one in games I run, should they be present. Unless the players are Epic-leveled or something. Then I change it to the first.

Extended Signature Link

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    it's true, they are just people. That was their entire point in history. Since they were gods and therefore better than people Greeks characterized them to be more human. What is humanity? They said flaws, therefore Greek gods are defined by flaws so massive their mere existence on a human would cause the very universe to have never existed. K, that might be a bit of an exaggeration but before that last bit is the definition of a Greek god. They were very much into tragedies after all.

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #80

*eye twitch* *eye twitch* *eye twitch*

Please... Stop... I'm dying here...
    Zoos! Zoos! Zoos! Zoos! Zoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    That last sentence hurt me in my soul.
    What, Greek Mythology as portrayed in Hollywood?

I actually want to say something about the writing in Stargate SG1, but y'all know why that's the worst possible thing to discuss here.
    I really like it, but there's one continuing flaw that the Tau'ri characters all make.

Zeus has hubris, I think we can all agree on this. And also the inability to keep it in his pants, but that's another topic entirely.
    That's an understatement.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

It is up to me to do something isn't it. Now i put a lot of thought into this, and by a lot i mean like i actually put any thought into this at all... So here you go Paladin-sensei

Dynamic Lecturer

Dynamic Lecturer is an acquired template That can be applied to any creature that is taught by another dynamic lecturer, donates at least 4000 gold to the cause of the teacher's choice, most often to a church or school, and shows up one last day after lessons to pick up a certificate, and possibly give a speech.

Size and type:
    unchanged

Special attacks:
    Intimidating lecture (Ex): As a free action, make a knowledge check. You begin lecturing a number of creatures based on the table below. You gain a +2 intimidation bonus to AC and a +2 intimidation bonus on saves against those creatures.

Knowledge check number of creatures
    10+ 1
    15+ 2
    20+ 3
    25+ 4
    very 5 more +1

Special qualities: Same as the base creature and the following
    Dynamic Studies: choose any two knowledge skills, those skills are always class skills.
    Dynamic Knowledge: You use Charisma instead of Intelligence when using knowledge skills.
    Dynamic Lecture: Any time you make a perform check you may instead use a knowledge check. You may also use a knowledge skill to fulfill any non-specific perform or perform (oratory) prerequisite.

Abilities: +2 Cha, +2 Wis, -2 Int

Skills: +4 bonus to any knowledge check used in place of a perform check or intimidating lecture.

Challenge rating: +0

Level Adjustment:
    +1

edit: btw the new forum reply editor is absolute garbage (i'm talking about th change from before the huge switch over when everything looked different.) Most things about replying have improved but the editing is so much worse, I highly recommend using Microsoft or similar if possible or typing everything out and then editing it, cause dynamic editing is not possible, unless it is because of the scripts that i disabled, but that seems unlikely since i allow the actual site to do stuff.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-10-01 at 02:14 PM.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

I'll grant permission to be templated...

Also, my home internet has vanished along with my neighbour and bucase I'll expect to ahve moved wihtin a month for now my internet will be spotty. I'll try to weasel some stuff in but don't count on me being able to do so...
    Last edited by Socratov; 2015-09-30 at 05:10 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Dynamic Lecturer
    It is really cool that you never have to learn to read for becoming a dynamic lecturer.
    Last edited by noob; 2015-09-30 at 03:29 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    It is really cool that you never have to learn to read for becoming a dynamic lecturer.
    of course not, you are lectured on how to be a lecturer, if you had to read you wouldn't need the lecturer to become one.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    snop
    Thank's a lot. I appreciate you putting this much effort into making me into a template.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Would it count if a Homebrew General regular came by and humbly asked for something?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    Would it count if a Homebrew General regular came by and humbly asked for something?
    You're free to do so. :3
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    That's how I got started here.

You don't want me to make something right now... it'd be a ghoul only template for ghouls.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Consider my permission granted to anyone who is interested.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    That's how I got started here.

You don't want me to make something right now... it'd be a ghoul only template for ghouls.
    Dragon Lord

Type: May be applied to any Dragon of Ancient or older Age categories (including Dracoliches). Gain subtypes according to alignment ([Good], [Evil], [Lawful], [Chaotic])
    Size: A Dragon Lord becomes Colossal if they are not already.
    Alignment: Unchanged
    Armor Class: Natural Armor increases by 8
    Hit Points: A Dragon Lord's Hit Points are maximized.
    Resistances: Lose vulnerability (if any), gain resistance 10 to all others (keep immunity). DR increases to 15/--
    Speed: All speeds increase by 40 feet. Fly Maneuverability increase to (Good).
    Ability Score Changes: Str +10, Dex +4, Con +8, Int +10, Wis +10, Cha +8
    Skills: +10 racial bonus to appraise, diplomacy, all knowledges, and intimidate.
    Spellcasting: A Dragon Lord casts as a Sorcerer 5 levels higher than listed on their stat sheet.
    Special Abilities:
    • Aura of Majesty - Allies of the Dragon Lord are bolstered by their very presence. All allies within 10 ft. per HD of the Dragon Lord gain a +2 perfection bonus to all ability checks, skill checks, saves, attack rolls, and damage rolls. They are also not disabled when they reach 0 hit points, though they still die when they reach -10 HP (3.5) or -CON (PF). The Frightful Presence DC is increased by 4, and enemies are frightened if they fail their save and shaken if they succeed. Enemies of up to 12 HD cower if they fail their save and are panicked if they succeed.
    • Perfect Breath - A Dragon Lord may use their breath attack as often as they wish, as long as it is unmodified by metabreath feats. Metabreath feats applied to the breath weapon have their added time reduced by 2 rounds. The save DC for their breath weapon is increased by 2 and always deals maximum damage.
    • Inscrutable Mind - A Dragon Lord is immune to mind-affecting effects.

CR: +4
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-10-02 at 04:09 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776