Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 607
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    Man, Zii, that's how you get on a list.
    You are such weird puritans in the US

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    -D-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tron Spacetime

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    That said, I'm glad we got more info on this episode. I've always been one who didn't think Zii's actions back then were a problem. I guess the Ma3verse agrees.
    What you mean? This comic doesn't take place on Earth. No sane people act like this. As far as I am concerned, it's essentially comic about lizard people that learned all about humans from porn and episodes of Dynasty.

    Edit: wrong quote.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-02-04 at 05:36 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    This comic doesn't take place on Earth.
    Correct IMHO.

    No sane people act like this.
    I'm far from sure there are a majority of sane people on Earth.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    You are such weird puritans in the US
    Yeah providing minors access to restricted materials without their parent's permission is just healthy, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    It looks like it's just video of two women making out. That's hardly porn.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Yeah providing minors access to restricted materials without their parent's permission is just healthy, amirite?
    Exactly. Thank you for providing a good example for your weird puritanical mentalities.

    I'll never understand why you obsess so much about the relationship between base sexuality and sexually awakened minors.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah... you don't give porn to kids... you just... tell them where to look on the internet.
    Actually, word of god from Giz is that this is still image in which Zii and Amber are actually dressed (you can see the straps in the strip image). So it's two fully clothed women, kissing. Fairly hard for anyone to class it as actual porn (outside of insanely restrictive jurisdictions, anyway, but this is Canada). It's actually tamer than a lot of stuff that shows up in mainstream newspaper celeb gossip pages.

    What the sleazy adolescent male chooses to do with it is his business.
    Last edited by Discus-Spinner; 2017-02-06 at 04:56 AM.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    -D-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tron Spacetime

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I'm far from sure there are a majority of sane people on Earth.
    Sure but there are some.

    If I was in that situation, I'd definitely be embarrassed and not bragged about it.

    I mean, sure, dude, your mom ****ed a pornstar's ex, and your dad is a scumbag. Woohoo. I guess your mom ****s more chicks than you? Congrats?

    This all feels like thinly veiled excuse for Zii behavior, or episode of Menage a Tri-Lizard.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-02-06 at 06:42 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    What you mean? This comic doesn't take place on Earth. No sane people act like this. As far as I am concerned, it's essentially comic about lizard people that learned all about humans from porn and episodes of Dynasty.

    Edit: wrong quote.
    Well, point taken, kinda. I already said it's not our universe, hence the rules are a bit different.

    But without making this more... Political.. I was joking. I don't care if it's an image or a video or a link and just two girls making out or more. The boy is old enough and what he does with it is up to him. Without starting a discussion on censoring or child protection... If he was way younger it would be different but with.. What was his name? Pussyslayer? Yeah..
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    The boy is old enough and what he does with it is up to him.
    In the current image he looks about thirteen. If it's been established that he's older than that, he's short.

    I am not defending the current rules, I am saying so far as they apply, he appears to be out of bounds under them.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    -D-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tron Spacetime

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    But without making this more... Political.. I was joking.
    Sorry, I was joking too Except for the lizards. I think they are either lizard people or slugs. I'm more inclined towards slugs now.

    On serious side, I found the whole thing essentially, "I (the writer) need to justify doing awful stuff to the kid. Let's make him happy, even though I doubt such set of circumstances is supremely unlikely to arise in real world".

    Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    In the current image he looks about thirteen. If it's been established that he's older than that, he's short.

    I am not defending the current rules, I am saying so far as they apply, he appears to be out of bounds under them.
    Silly half eye, lizards and slugs reach adolesence way before thirteen years, so he is legal.
    Ruler of Floating pyramids.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Wraith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    I think I'm with -D- on this one. I consider myself fairly open minded and not particularly prudish, but on the other hand I cannot imagine ANY set of circumstances that would lead to me bragging to my friends about who my mother has slept with. Even before you reach the argument about him potentially being underage, it's just.... weird.

    I secondly agree that this feels like Giz trying to turn a weird situation into something positive in order to prevent it from reflecting badly on their character, regardless of how ludicrous it seems. I think the correct Trope would be "Author's Saving Throw" on behalf of Zii, who she is attempting to make less of a pervert and more that she is simply prone to wacky hijinks, but this current rehash of a very unfortunate incident still have the lingering reek of Dominic Deegan-esque shenanigans about it....
    You don't know what it was like.
    You weren't there.
    You never fought in the Console Wars.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Olinser's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I think I'm with -D- on this one. I consider myself fairly open minded and not particularly prudish, but on the other hand I cannot imagine ANY set of circumstances that would lead to me bragging to my friends about who my mother has slept with. Even before you reach the argument about him potentially being underage, it's just.... weird.

    I secondly agree that this feels like Giz trying to turn a weird situation into something positive in order to prevent it from reflecting badly on their character, regardless of how ludicrous it seems. I think the correct Trope would be "Author's Saving Throw" on behalf of Zii, who she is attempting to make less of a pervert and more that she is simply prone to wacky hijinks, but this current rehash of a very unfortunate incident still have the lingering reek of Dominic Deegan-esque shenanigans about it....
    Given that those of us who don't even read some of the other crappy offshoot comics weren't even AWARE of this particular occurrence in the first place, it most definitely was not a good idea to bring it up in the main comic.

    ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

    I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Ahhh.. Dominic Deegan. I used to like that webcomic so much in the days. Talk about something people turned sour on fast.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I think the correct Trope would be "Author's Saving Throw" on behalf of Zii, who she is attempting to make less of a pervert and more that she is simply prone to wacky hijinks, but this current rehash of a very unfortunate incident still have the lingering reek of Dominic Deegan-esque shenanigans about it....
    Zii is a pervert prone to wacky hijinks. That is pretty much the point about this sort of sex comedy. Complaining about it seems a bit futile.

    And the fact that Zii originally hurt Vyndicator was also the point of that particular sequence of strips. He was a deeply obnoxious online troll, who'd managed to get a rise out of Zii, who's comically vengeful. The fact that her revenge ended up involving helping a deeply unhappy woman to get out of a bad marriage (as was made entirely clear at the time) was the wacky hijinks part.

    However, a number of readers at the time decided that this was disproportionate revenge (like comedy revenge is ever proportionate), and made so much noise on the Pixietrix boards that this ended up being a mod-banned topic. And yes, this now looks like the writers going back to the old incident to emphasise that Zii's actions were beneficial rather than excessive. Me, I don't think that they should have bothered - but they're not saying much that they didn't actually say the first time round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Given that those of us who don't even read some of the other crappy offshoot comics weren't even AWARE of this particular occurrence in the first place, it most definitely was not a good idea to bring it up in the main comic.
    The original Vyndicator incident did not occur in an offshoot comic; it was onscreen in Ma3. If you weren't aware of it, you probably just haven't been reading the comic for long enough.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SaintRidley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    It looks like it's just video of two women making out. That's hardly porn.
    It may only be a static photo, at that.

    I think we probably worry too much about logic when it comes to this genre of comedy. That's not and never has been the point.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2017-02-07 at 10:30 PM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Wraith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    I think I can see the EXACT moment where Giz came back and started writing for the comic again. To the panel, almost.

    I'm kind of wondering why Kiley even cares that Didi may or may not like wrestling, and is trying to get her to admit it like some kind of intervention. Because clearly, people who enjoy watching wrestling are.....

    .....well, what? She likes watching wrestling. Who cares? Why is this even a thing? Is the implication supposed to be that wrestling fans are some kind of sub-human nerd and that if she admits to it, Didi will no longer be as bomb-shell sexy as she currently is? I fail to see how it's in any way a bad thing; I mean, it's pretty much her ony defining characteristic outside of "Speaks French", "Is beautiful" and "Isn't very bright", which you'd think in a comic where the repressed Christian anime virgin is now a successful graphic designer with a harem of sex-buddies, having an interest in something - ANYTHING - would count as positive character growth.

    I'm just..... so confused over the fact that nothing is happening but the characters seem to be resisting it anyway.
    You don't know what it was like.
    You weren't there.
    You never fought in the Console Wars.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Benthesquid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    I think mostly Kiley wants Didi to admit an interest in wrestling, because that would be an interest that doesn't give Kiley hand cramps.
    Avatar courtesy of Kaariane!

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I think I can see the EXACT moment where Giz came back and started writing for the comic again. To the panel, almost.
    I'm glad I'm not the only reader who can see a distinct difference in tone between the comic's two writers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I'm kind of wondering why Kiley even cares that Didi may or may not like wrestling, and is trying to get her to admit it like some kind of intervention.
    I think that it's stage one in a process that leads to DiDi ceasing to treat Kiley as her personal pet/girlfriend/indentured therapist/sex slave. DiDi was naturally pleased to have her first orgasm, and not too surprisingly fixated on Kiley a bit as a result - but she's incapable of doing things by halves, and now she won't let go. She's declared that Kiley is not just the subject of her affection, but her one true love, the be-all and end-all of her existence. And this has got to the stage where she can't admit that she has any other interests, to Kiley or to herself.

    So now Kiley is forcing her to admit that she's deceiving herself. She's interested enough in wrestling to distract her from Kiley. And once she acknowledges that, Kiley can get on with the process of peeling her away generally.

    This doesn't make an interest in wrestling good or bad, though it's definitely not something that Kiley shares; it just means it's a thing that DiDi feels strongly.
    Last edited by Discus-Spinner; 2017-02-11 at 05:44 AM.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only reader who can see a distinct difference in tone between the comic's two writers.
    I wouldn't call it tone but "being fun" and.. Well, not being fun. Or as much fun. Though I guess this is because of how whacky things are.

    I'll agree on Kiley in no way attempting to discourage D's interest in wrestling but encourage it in her therapist ways. Though I'm quite confused how D isn't already admitting it.

    Zii is fun to watch, but that last panel is a bit... Geez, you're in public.

    And SotR is fueling my otp.. Uhm, thanks?
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Benthesquid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

    Zii is fun to watch, but that last panel is a bit... Geez, you're in public.
    She's just worried he may have lost his Star Power.
    Avatar courtesy of Kaariane!

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    When did Gary go all the way with Yuki? I dont remember

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I wouldn't call it tone but "being fun" and.. Well, not being fun. Or as much fun. Though I guess this is because of how whacky things are.
    Well, there are a fair number of people who evidently think that Dave01's style of writing is fun. And to be fair, when he gets something like Sandra on the Rocks right, it can be quite fun. But if you value characterisation and a touch of soap opera over unrelenting geeky in-jokes, yep, Giz is more fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'll agree on Kiley in no way attempting to discourage D's interest in wrestling but encourage it in her therapist ways. Though I'm quite confused how D isn't already admitting it.
    DiDi is too stupid to do anything by halves. She can't just love Kiley (for frankly rather selfish reasons), Kiley has to be the love of her life and her only passion. Therefore, she can't admit to her passion for wrestling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    When did Gary go all the way with Yuki? I dont remember
    Technically, between panels in strip #1200. Actually seen in flashback in strip #1204. Neither is very SFW, funnily enough.
    Last edited by Discus-Spinner; 2017-02-12 at 06:55 AM.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Benthesquid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    ... Is Ma3 about to have a special guest appearance by The Undertaker?

    (Yes, I'm sure other wrestlers have done the lights out ring entrance gimmick)
    Avatar courtesy of Kaariane!

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SaintRidley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    ... Is Ma3 about to have a special guest appearance by The Undertaker?

    (Yes, I'm sure other wrestlers have done the lights out ring entrance gimmick)
    Numerous ones. Though Taker is still active, so he was a possibility.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2017-02-21 at 12:28 PM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2017

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    We only know about those two longer-term relationships in Zii's past,* but a lot of that past is unknown to the readers. I personally think that the best explanation for her whole behaviour pattern at the start of the comic involves a fairly serious relationship in her late teens that went sour when the other person dumped her very hard. (So she decided to get the loving-and-leaving thing in first in future.) No proof, but it fits so well.

    Which said, yeah, she may have learned a lesson or two these last few months. Still, I don't see her deciding to avoid Izzy as requiring much new wisdom. Whereas Yuki started out looking like an interesting ****buddy, and Sonya as a really hot fling, before they both turned out to be terribly clingy, Izzy's behaviour just screams "scary nutjob" from out of the box. Zii would have to be completely drowning in hormones to miss that. If she had real sense, she'd be working out how to avoid Izzy altogether by now.



    *Actually, we could also add Amber, with whom she apparently spent hours locked in her room back in their teens, and who has more recently received multiple booty calls. It may never have been a "serious" relationship, but it endured for a while, twice.
    Great points!
    Play as an art of life.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SaintRidley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Well, Didi just learned a whole new feeling.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cloudsdale
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Here's hoping against hope that she doesn't continue this obsession with Kiley any further.

    Who are we really kidding though?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bristol, UK

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Here's hoping against hope that she doesn't continue this obsession with Kiley any further.

    Who are we really kidding though?
    The thing is, she's dumped dozens. If she starts thinking about that, it might be interesting.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

    Oh, wow.... Now I wonder what Gary can possibly do to get out of this... I mean, the first time in her life DiDi seems to be miserable (kind of) and she's making one weird decision after another...
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •