New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    So... Is Ménage à 3 ending, or something?
    Well...yes. This is the final volume.
    Last edited by JadedDM; 2018-05-12 at 01:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Well...yes. This is the final volume.
    That's probably for the best too. It could maybe go for a couple extra arcs without becoming stale, repetitive or effectively undoing loads of progress, but not more than that. It's ending on a good point to be honest. Not to say I'm not going to miss it, I actually will, quite a bit to be frank, but better it ends now than be stretched to infinity...
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    That's probably for the best too. It could maybe go for a couple extra arcs without becoming stale, repetitive or effectively undoing loads of progress, but not more than that. It's ending on a good point to be honest. Not to say I'm not going to miss it, I actually will, quite a bit to be frank, but better it ends now than be stretched to infinity...
    I too will miss the adventures of Zii Slaaneshi Cultist and Didi the Genestealer.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Is it wrong that I feel a small amount of satisfaction watching DiDi get shut down like this?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Is it wrong that I feel a small amount of satisfaction watching DiDi get shut down like this?
    There is still the room service girl...

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

In all likelihood she will return home, witness Zii and Gary making out... and the either the title will come true or there will be another big fight or something. I Kind of expect the former, although this seems like it would end the series.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Gotta say, I feel like I've been waiting for this moment since the comic began.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #518

RogueGuy

I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope that if it does escalate to the titular (heh) scenario, that Peggy is chosen as the third partner. Frankly, DiDi has been pretty insensitive to both Gary and Zii recently enough where they shouldn't want to have anything to do with her.

But who am I kidding, it'll be the three "main" characters and then the series ends.

9. - Top - End - #519

I confess that I have completely lost track of what the hell is going on with anybody. This last strip, I'm absolutely clueless on what's Dillon up to, and who's he talking to.

I'm just reading the comic for the sake of tradition, but I'll be happy when it will be over.

10. - Top - End - #520

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cicciograna View Post
    I confess that I have completely lost track of what the hell is going on with anybody. This last strip, I'm absolutely clueless on what's Dillon up to, and who's he talking to.

I'm just reading the comic for the sake of tradition, but I'll be happy when it will be over.
    Eh, Dillon sort of spun off into his own comic (Sticky Dilly Buns, I think) a while ago and this is, for some reason, a preview of sorts for that other comic. Just a checkin/preview that's not super relevant to what's going on.

11. - Top - End - #521

Quote Originally Posted by Typewriter View Post
    Eh, Dillon sort of spun off into his own comic (Sticky Dilly Buns, I think) a while ago and this is, for some reason, a preview of sorts for that other comic. Just a checkin/preview that's not super relevant to what's going on.
    Oh, I just saw the note at the top of the comic. Dumb me.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cicciograna View Post

Everybody is clueless what Dillon is up to because he's part of a terrible spin-off strip that nobody reads with pointless side characters that nobody cared about, and they're REALLY CLEARLY trying to increase viewership of it by forcing it in front of everybody that reads the main comic.

It's actually kind of pathetic, honestly.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

13. - Top - End - #523

RogueGuy

Yes, this series of strips has certainly reminded me of how grateful I was to see Dillon evicted from the main comic.

I do miss Sandra though.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

So they've been talking a bit on how they plan to be winding Ma3 down and this is the final arc, but they're fanning the flames on SDB and planning to pick that back up after months of inactivity? What's the point? Is there really a great and grand yarn they feel a burning need to spin for Sticky Dilly Buns?

15. - Top - End - #525
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I think it's more that both are wrapping up, but they wanted to remind people SDB exists so that ending it has meaning to anyone.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gary, stop accidentally seducing people! You need to wrap things up for the end of the comic.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    So they've been talking a bit on how they plan to be winding Ma3 down and this is the final arc, but they're fanning the flames on SDB and planning to pick that back up after months of inactivity? What's the point? Is there really a great and grand yarn they feel a burning need to spin for Sticky Dilly Buns?
    I thought the idea was to merge the two back together at some point, but that plan mostly fell through when the workload became too much. So now they're trying to hastily wrap it up.

I don't have any kind of source for that, mind, I just thought I read that at one point.

18. - Top - End - #528

I have a silly question.

Do pro wrestler have to actually know how to wrestle?

I mean, i understand they are full fledge athletes. And that they train hard. But do they train their performance (as in "presentation") or their performance (as in "proefficience")? Do you have to exercise being a good wrestler to be a good showman?

19. - Top - End - #529

I imagine it's a little of column A and a little of column B. You gotta know how to do it for real if you want to (semi)convincingly fake it in real-time, in front of a notoriously harsh and critical audience.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I imagine it's a little of column A and a little of column B. You gotta know how to do it for real if you want to (semi)convincingly fake it in real-time, in front of a notoriously harsh and critical audience.
    Wait... Wrestling fans are notoriously harsh and critical? I'm not that embedded in the scene but to me it always seemed like they are some of the most enthusiastic and least (truly) critical fans (fake anger aside)

But otherwise, yeah, I would also assume you need both skills to excel at the job.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I have a silly question.

Do pro wrestler have to actually know how to wrestle?

I mean, i understand they are full fledge athletes. And that they train hard. But do they train their performance (as in "presentation") or their performance (as in "proefficience")? Do you have to exercise being a good wrestler to be a good showman?
    As a general rule they're terrible actual wrestlers but they put a lot of practice into the performance and they're pretty physically fit. Most of their training consists of practicing lots of different moves and how to make it look real while minimizing danger to all participants. An actual MMA fighter would crush them.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Though don't some former MMA fighters get into pro wrestling?

(Presumably they at least come pre-loaded with credibility and knowledge of the jargon.)

GURPS geeks will here be going "Wrestling and Wrestling Sport default from Wrestling Art at -3..."
    Last edited by Discus-Spinner; 2018-08-15 at 05:10 AM.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wait... Wrestling fans are notoriously harsh and critical? I'm not that embedded in the scene but to me it always seemed like they are some of the most enthusiastic and least (truly) critical fans (fake anger aside)

But otherwise, yeah, I would also assume you need both skills to excel at the job.
    I'm admittedly not into it either, but I got the opposite sense from knowing a few people who were. It seemed like nothing got a wrestler more boos and insults than slacking off in the ring or not giving a convincing performance.

24. - Top - End - #534

MindFlayer

Man, this uninteresting wrestling side plot that served as an excuse to introduce the predatory lesbian and a handful of Eerie Cuties expies is really taking its sweet time.

25. - Top - End - #535

Griffon

I don't know any of the Eerie Cuties cast, but I found myself otherwise the same thing this morning.

Roxie is a horrible, horrible person. She's selfish, petulant, predatory and has been deliberately trying to physically hurt people who have come to the same gym as her - not "her gym" or anything like that, she is a client just as they are - to sate her own ego. The ending of her arc can't come soon enough.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I don't know any of the Eerie Cuties cast, but I found myself otherwise the same thing this morning.

Roxie is a horrible, horrible person. She's selfish, petulant, predatory and has been deliberately trying to physically hurt people who have come to the same gym as her - not "her gym" or anything like that, she is a client just as they are - to sate her own ego. The ending of her arc can't come soon enough.
    I think you're confusing Roxie a little with Annie.

Roxie is definitely selfish and petulant but she hasn't been predatory - that's been all Annie.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

SotR: Well, that's one way to end a series, I guess.

28. - Top - End - #538

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I think you're confusing Roxie a little with Annie.
    Y'know what? I don't even care. I mean, thank you for properly correcting me to the right character and all, but they're both horrible and I want them both to go away.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    SotR: Well, that's one way to end a series, I guess.
    Huh? It's not over. This is 100% Zoe pulling the cliche movie BS of 'dump them back in their old lives so they realize how good they have it'.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #540

Ok. Ma3's strip today is.. strangely cute.