New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Also, why does she stutter about K.. K.. Koffee?
    She doesn't. Gary is the one who does that.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I guess most people here are as generally uninterested in the current storyline as I am, seeing the lack of participation in the thread..
    The comics have their own fairly decent discussion boards, and a thread over on TV Tropes. Divided attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    She's one of the million girls Amber invited to get swirlied. She turned out to be kind of geeky, or at least... interested in tech?
    She's an audio engineering student as well as being a gaming geek, so yes, you could say that she's interested in tech.

Also, she's the secretary for a firm Gary applied at, the one where the boss thought he was a stud.
    Intern, actually.

All Tracy's appearances to date. (Note: one or two may be in NSFW strips.)

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I mean for weeks now we've been following DiDi around, and quite frankly there is very little interest in staged wrestling these days, especially amongst the community that would read a webcomic.
    That storyline isn't doing much for me either. But I gather that quite a lot of geeks are pro wrestling fans (and at least one of the writers clearly is), so it's probably not that poor a commercial move.

Also, why does she stutter about K.. K.. Koffee?
    She doesn't; Gary does. Look at the speech bubbles. And Gary stammers because he's suddenly realised that he's mentioned a touchy subject somehow and Tracy is angry about something. This is amazing social sensitivity and massive character development by his standards - but then, the last time he blurted tactlessly around Tracy, she half-strangled him. It seems that negative reinforcement actually works on him.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yhea. Again, thanks aa lot. I must have been pretty vegetative not to be able to follow a gorram speech bubble.

So.. Have we.seen that "James" guy?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    The comics have their own fairly decent discussion boards, and a thread over on TV Tropes. Divided attention.
    Ah, I guess maybe I should look around there then. Well, on the discussion boards, not on the black hole of time.

She's an audio engineering student as well as being a gaming geek, so yes, you could say that she's interested in tech.

Intern, actually.

All Tracy's appearances to date. (Note: one or two may be in NSFW strips.)
    Ah, right, the crowdfounded video performance thing. And intern, close enough. It's been a while since that strip
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

So.. Have we.seen that "James" guy?
    Dude. You just got a list of all Tracy's appearances.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Dude. You just got a list of all Tracy's appearances.
    Erm, nope. Definitely NSFW.

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/h...e_a_phone_call

Third from right, last panel, I think.

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/y...secret_from_us

Last panel, front row right, pretty sure that's her.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2015-11-23 at 01:07 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Those two strips were from before she gained much individual identity, let alone a name - and retroactive tagging is a bit patchy with this comic. But anyway, they're part of a scene which was covered by some strips on that list, so I stand by the claim that all of her appearances are covered.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Ignoring latest posts...

Aww, DiDi is somehow adorable like that. But... listening?

Jerzy is surprisingly insightful. Then again, he is possibly the most normal person in the whole comic universe? Let's hope he can prevent whatever murder might be happening right now.

Also: Lavali is kind to Aaina... and Sandra (?)... and the readers
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jerzy is surprisingly insightful. Then again, he is possibly the most normal person in the whole comic universe? Let's hope he can prevent whatever murder might be happening right now.
    Latest strip shows that the detonation is still on a five-second countdown.

As to Jerzy - he has serious claims to be the Only Sane Man in the setting. Sometimes. But other times, he blows it, mainly by ignoring problems until they detonate in his face. He likes dating drama queens, then acts surprised when they go all dramatic on him.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

He really should explain the whole "wrestling is fiction" thing to Didi or someone's going to be hurt.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    He really should explain the whole "wrestling is fiction" thing to Didi or someone's going to be hurt.
    It's a fictional universe, maybe in-universe, wrestling isn't fictional?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    It's a fictional universe, maybe in-universe, wrestling isn't fictional?
    It's pretty clear pro wrestling operates the same way in their world as in ours.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    It's pretty clear pro wrestling operates the same way in their world as in ours.
    There are (silly) people who believe it's not fiction in ours.

I'd guess the authors of the comic would have problems with the wrestlers in our world if they said it was fiction in their world.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2015-11-30 at 04:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    There are (silly) people who believe it's not fiction in ours.
    Which is fine, as long as they stay far away from the inside of a ring until they're disabused of their silly notions.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

I guess it's not a good moment to mention I also believed in wrestling when I was still a teen?
    Though, Didi in the ring might actually be quite a danger... I wonder if Damien is aware what he's getting into. Well, we know what he HOPES he's getting into.

Also: Wait, there are people who don't know about DOA Volleyball? Or what is that look supposed to mean?
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Also: Wait, there are people who don't know about DOA Volleyball? Or what is that look supposed to mean?
    I might fail to convey my understanding of this, but here goes nothing: her look most likely means something along those lines: so you like to watch bouncing boobs, huh? She made him admit to watching digital jelly-like breasts and is amused by his shame I guess.

It wasn't about knowing of the game - it was about the ammount of details Gary immediately provided and which details he provided.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I might fail to convey my understanding of this, but here goes nothing: her look most likely means something along those lines: so you like to watch bouncing boobs, huh? She made him admit to watching digital jelly-like breasts and is amused by his shame I guess.

It wasn't about knowing of the game - it was about the ammount of details Gary immediately provided and which details he provided.
    Well, but really, that is what I would think of as well, when someone mentioned the game. I mean, it's (in)famous for its special breast jiggle engine. And... really nothing else. That's like talking about Dark Souls and not commenting about its difficulty, no?

sidenote: I never played the game. I wonder if the engine is tuned for realistic effects or... appealing(?) effects.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Well, but really, that is what I would think of as well, when someone mentioned the game. I mean, it's (in)famous for its special breast jiggle engine. And... really nothing else. That's like talking about Dark Souls and not commenting about its difficulty, no?

sidenote: I never played the game. I wonder if the engine is tuned for realistic effects or... appealing(?) effects.
    All I know is my gut says maybe.

As for the sidenote, I didn't play the game, but the cutscenes and gameplay videos are readily available. The engine is nowhere near realistic and IMO more uncanny valley then appealing. Seriously, what were they thinking?
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    All I know is my gut says maybe.

As for the sidenote, I didn't play the game, but the cutscenes and gameplay videos are readily available. The engine is nowhere near realistic and IMO more uncanny valley then appealing. Seriously, what were they thinking?
    13 year old boys will not know any better and will think it's the best thing ever.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

...and Tracy has made Gary sound suspiciously like a thirteen-year-old boy. Which amuses her, because she's discovered how easy Gary is to mess with.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    ...and Tracy has made Gary sound suspiciously like a thirteen-year-old boy. Which amuses her, because she's discovered how easy Gary is to mess with.
    Wasn't that clear since their first "date"? I mean, I thought anyone would realize that about Gary ithin five minutes. (Like with me)

Wow, Aaina, you... you suck at this. Way to ruin the scene

And what a mess at SDB. btw, why is Angel wearing a... breast wrap? And, I know it was never made quite clear but... Jerzy is bi?
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

And Didi is going to react horribly to the heel turn, given her facial expression.

23. - Top - End - #53

Ooofff... Thats dirty.

A lot.

24. - Top - End - #54

And what a mess at SDB. btw, why is Angel wearing a... breast wrap? And, I know it was never made quite clear but... Jerzy is bi?
    Angel is biologically a woman, but she's genderfluid, and today she's feeling more masculine than feminine. Therefore, he's using bandage to compress his chest and get a more masculine-looking silhouette. Note to anyone in Angel's situation or similar: it's actually not a good idea to do that, you can injure yourself. There exist specialized chest binders that are designed to be less dangerous to your health, though even then you shouldn't wear them 24/7.

Jerzy is bi, yes. Really, in Mà3, you should assume characters are bi until proven otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Um.. i have no clue at all what is happening in that ring. Like, at all. Why did Roxie turn against her teammate, and in such a violent way? Is this a normal occurence with wrestling show matches?
    Huckster-Avatar by Mehoaido from DeviantArt. And yes, the cat is called "Salem".

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adaon Nightwind View Post
    Um.. i have no clue at all what is happening in that ring. Like, at all. Why did Roxie turn against her teammate, and in such a violent way? Is this a normal occurence with wrestling show matches?
    In pro wrestling, one of the more common ways to split up a face (good guy) tag team (so the two can take different directions in singles competition) is for one of the team members to turn heel (bad guy) by betraying and/or attacking their partner.

This is perhaps the most famous example of exactly that sort of turn, which led to Shawn Michaels becoming one of the biggest stars in the history of pro wrestling.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Menage a 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Angel is biologically a woman, but she's genderfluid, and today she's feeling more masculine than feminine. Therefore, he's using bandage to compress his chest and get a more masculine-looking silhouette. Note to anyone in Angel's situation or similar: it's actually not a good idea to do that, you can injure yourself. There exist specialized chest binders that are designed to be less dangerous to your health, though even then you shouldn't wear them 24/7.

Jerzy is bi, yes. Really, in Mà3, you should assume characters are bi until proven otherwise.
    Well, point taken on the second, I guess

But has the first ever been established? I don't recall an instance of Angel ever being established as biologically anything else than male.
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

But has the first ever been established? I don't recall an instance of Angel ever being established as biologically anything else than male.
    Yep, right here.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Yep, right here.
    That was far from clear. I personally thought that Angel was a man who'd just put on a padded bra.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Yep, right here.
    There's also this.

Y'know, reading through the entire archives knowing this, and knowing that Jerzy is gay, their old relationship makes a lot more sense. Here, for instance, I'm pretty sure Jerzy was about to say "Angie, you know I'm gay". Angie/Angel being dfab explains why Jerzy would've so completely written off Angie/Angel despite their clear chemistry. It might also explain the "the truth" part of this strip (which was never otherwise explained).
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.