New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

As it has been put elsewhere, Dillon and Angel are currently playing douchebag tennis. They're a pair of egomaniac drama queens, and putting them in the same room is a recipe for disaster. If you think either of them is "being portrayed as correct" or "getting off scot-free", then you need to pay attention to the whole scene rather than to individual strips. It's just a question of whose serve it is.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Izz needs to go. Getting all Single White Female creeps me out, and that's all I see happening here.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Izz needs to go. Getting all Single White Female creeps me out, and that's all I see happening here.
    I only just now realized that Izz is a letter inversion of Zii. That's... even creepier than it was. :P

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    I only just now realized that Izz is a letter inversion of Zii. That's... even creepier than it was. :P
    Uhm... I guess posting a popular pokemon meme would be inconsiderate

So... I'm still not sure how much of this Izz is planning in order to replace Zii and how much is just coincidence... Not that I would say I don't expect her to but she seems... er... okay, stupid enough to just act like this by accident without intending to come across creepy as eff.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh. If only lesbian shenanigans were this easy in the real world.

Also, considering the actual pronounciation of those letters, Ingrid's Sweden-speak is hilariously bad. I tried and just doubled over laughing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Sigh. If only lesbian shenanigans were this easy in the real world.

Also, considering the actual pronounciation of those letters, Ingrid's Sweden-speak is hilariously bad. I tried and just doubled over laughing.
    Wow, Marie has the worst best luck ever :smallltongue: So... that's how lesbians meet new people? In Ma3Paris?

Wait, so Swedish is not just English with umlauts? My life is a lie!
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wow, Marie has the worst best luck ever :smallltongue: So... that's how lesbians meet new people? In Ma3Paris?

Wait, so Swedish is not just English with umlauts? My life is a lie!
    As a German, you should know that Scandinavian languages are German with different Umlauts. I'm disappointed.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    As a German, you should know that Scandinavian languages are German with different Umlauts. I'm disappointed.
    It is? Well, I guess it's still closer to German than Bavarian.

Izz' plan(?) seems to be working better and better. I wonder if she'll actually try to kill Zii now. If she ever returns from her cameo.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Izz' plan(?) seems to be working better and better. I wonder if she'll actually try to kill Zii now. If she ever returns from her cameo.
    Nah, she's much too plump.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Nah, she's much too plump.
    Izzy? Well, yeah, they don't look alike in the face either, doesn't mean she can't try to take her place in a less literal sense. But I forgot she sucks at playing the guitar, so that is quite a problem there, I assume.

Also, SDB reveals Angel and Ramona's relationship. Dun dun dun?
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Also, SDB reveals Angel and Ramona's relationship. Dun dun dun?
    Anybody who hadn't guessed that already was reading in their sleep.

I was more amused by the very, very Ruby line in the first frame.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    Anybody who hadn't guessed that already was reading in their sleep.

I was more amused by the very, very Ruby line in the first frame.
    Really? So... are, uh, non-binary genders something that runs in the family?

Which one? Googling the issue?

Also: Wow, Ingrid must be one hell of a kisser. Not sure if that makes Marie super-lucky or super-unlucky. (Wait, did I say that already?)
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Really? So... are, uh, non-binary genders something that runs in the family?
    No, their interactions only made sense if they were siblings (or, just possibly, if Angel had appointed herself Ramona's honorary big sis for some deranged reason). The way they talked to and about each other just screamed family, especially given their dissimilarities.

Which one? Googling the issue?
    Yeah. Ruby is one of the few characters in that universe who's really got the hang of the Internet, and is basically grafted to her smartphone. While other people shout, she googles.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=Discus-Spinner;20265453]No, their interactions only made sense if they were siblings (or, just possibly, if Angel had appointed herself Ramona's honorary big sis for some deranged reason). The way they talked to and about each other just screamed family, especially given their dissimilarities.[/spoiler]
    Really? Angel didn't strike me that much as protective of her, just someone who likes to yell at people when they get gender-related words wrong... Okay, a bit protective, but not more than you'd be of a friend.

Yeah. Ruby is one of the few characters in that universe who's really got the hang of the Internet, and is basically grafted to her smartphone. While other people shout, she googles.
    Eh, probably true.

Also, I think Marie might be getting a bit confused. But then she's like the one straight character... or used to be.
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Really? Angel didn't strike me that much as protective of her, just someone who likes to yell at people when they get gender-related words wrong... Okay, a bit protective, but not more than you'd be of a friend.
    But in that case, you'd have to ask why they were hanging out together in the first place.

Also, I think Marie might be getting a bit confused. But then she's like the one straight character... or used to be.
    I think she's still as straight as Ruby and marginally straighter than Gary. But she's also suffering from a bad case of teenage. She's susceptible to fashions, wants to emulate people she thinks are cool, and is, yes, confused by sexuality.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

But in that case, you'd have to ask why they were hanging out together in the first place.
    Well, they have shared interests, it seems. So maybe in an online forum? Or both are apparently non-binary in gender, so they might have met in some related group? Or, I guess least likely, they just met somewhere. But as they seem to have enough in common to some extent it seems to me more likely they got to know each other due to that rather than being born sibling.

I think she's still as straight as Ruby and marginally straighter than Gary. But she's also suffering from a bad case of teenage. She's susceptible to fashions, wants to emulate people she thinks are cool, and is, yes, confused by sexuality.
    Okay, yeah, Ruby is straight, but then Ruby also has... other interests.
    I guess her youth might be something I tend to forget. Also, she learns fast there's more to attraction than just looks. And amazing kissing skills.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, they have shared interests, it seems.
    Like the yaoi? Which Ramona doesn't talk about much to strangers? Or... Umm...

Or both are apparently non-binary in gender, so they might have met in some related group?
    Ramona's condition is pretty much entirely medical. Psychologically and socially, she seems to be an unremarkably well-adjusted young woman. The only thing that are binary about her are her biochemistry and internal anatomy - if she chose not to talk about those, the only people who'd even know would be her family and her doctors.

Angel, on the other hand, seems to be medically an ordinary woman; her ambiguities are psychological and social. It's all about the presentation with her.

So they don't actually have any issues or problems in common, and they'd have very little to share on that score. Actually, they're kind of total diametrical opposites in almost every respect.

Okay, yeah, Ruby is straight, but then Ruby also has... other interests.
    Like looking at pictures of attractive men?

I guess her youth might be something I tend to forget. Also, she learns fast there's more to attraction than just looks. And amazing kissing skills.
    That's the positive side of her geekishness; she knows that interests and inclinations are what's most important. And the real human being to whom she's shown most real attraction so far is the one whose interests match her own most closely.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Like the yaoi? Which Ramona doesn't talk about much to strangers? Or... Umm...
    "Doesn't talk much to strangers" nowadays doesn't really mean "doesn't talk about on the internet", does it?

So they don't actually have any issues or problems in common, and they'd have very little to share on that score. Actually, they're kind of total diametrical opposites in almost every respect.
    Eh, I'd say we don't know Ramona enough to judge how much at ease she is with her condition, but point somewhat taken Though, I still think there are forums for people with general gender issues, whether they are psychcological or medical.

Like looking at pictures of attractive men?
    YES! The horror! Who would do something like that?!
    Like setting up people to watch them make out. Or being herself as a fully grown adult unable to do any kind of relationship, or at least have no real sexual interest apart from yaoi.
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Eh, I'd say we don't know Ramona enough to judge how much at ease she is with her condition ...
    It's limited evidence, obviously, but the way she casually mentioned it to Dillon, then chatted about it without any signs of stress (except when Angel started shouting) suggests she's adjusted okay.

Like setting up people to watch them make out. Or being herself as a fully grown adult unable to do any kind of relationship, or at least have no real sexual interest apart from yaoi.
    Eh, Ruby has some problems with repression, but she's getting there by stages. The yaoi interest and a related streak of voyeurism are clearly temporary outlets for a libido that's digging itself out from under where she's buried it - they're making her a bit of a jerk sometimes, but hopefully the damage won't be permanent. And she's developing a working relationship with Andy that gives her further options.

As adolescent sexual awakenings go, it's really not a bad one, apart from the fact that it's six or eight years late.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

As adolescent sexual awakenings go, it's really not a bad one, apart from the fact that it's six or eight years late.
    Huh, I must have done some things wrong during puberty then

Zii has to face her band mates weak mindedness... This can't possibly end badly.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

This is where Izz strikes. Zii takes Sonya and Yuuki outside for a talk, comes back in alone to lay down the law to Izz....

....And then out comes the proboscis, in through the ear, *slurp*slurp*slurp* and the invasion is complete. No one will ever know, and no one will ever remember a time when the band's lead singer wasn't a short girl with black and pink hair and a 'Z' in her name.

It's really a miracle of nature, in many small ways.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-01-10 at 09:51 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It's really a miracle of nature, in many small ways.
    Ah, nature, so beautiful...

Anyway, Zii finally got laid. More or less. She might need to do some counseling now instead of finishing what she started... Oh, Matt, I'm so close to feeling sorry for you.
    I would start to wonder what the proper breat measurements among the cast are and whether Kiley or Zii have a reason to complain but maybe we'd be getting too far off topic.

Marie makes being a lesbian look easy. Also, interesting advice from her subconscious, I feel after the last strip they be byond the coats already...
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

"Now say something smart!" - a thread title, if ever I heard one.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Alas, we're just now on the 4th page of this thread. Doubtless something equally memetic will rear its head in the next few years that it'll take us to get another thread started.

Also, is this the same Matt that we started the comic with? I mean, wow.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, nature, so beautiful...

Anyway, Zii finally got laid. More or less. She might need to do some counseling now instead of finishing what she started... Oh, Matt, I'm so close to feeling sorry for you.
    I would start to wonder what the proper breat measurements among the cast are and whether Kiley or Zii have a reason to complain but maybe we'd be getting too far off topic.

Marie makes being a lesbian look easy. Also, interesting advice from her subconscious, I feel after the last strip they be byond the coats already...
    So, I've completely forgotten, why's she pretending to be a lesbian, exactly?

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    So, I've completely forgotten, why's she pretending to be a lesbian, exactly?
    Because she's just discovered that her friend Lavali is, and she mistakenly thinks that Sandra (who she practically worships) is, and she's deduced that being a lesbian is (a) in, (b) cool, and (c) a way to be BFFs with Sandra.

(How often have people asked that question now?)
    Spinnin' that Disc...

27. - Top - End - #117
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

If only Real Sandra were as assertive as Imaginary Sandra.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Because she's just discovered that her friend Lavali is, and she mistakenly thinks that Sandra (who she practically worships) is, and she's deduced that being a lesbian is (a) in, (b) cool, and (c) a way to be BFFs with Sandra.

(How often have people asked that question now?)
    Have we? I mean, it's not like it makes a lot of sense so it's easy to forget but I don't think the question came up that often

Imaginary Sandra is after all what marie thinks she is like... though, Sandra has become a lot more confident. I mean, maybe because I'm comparing her to the other protagonist here (ahem) but even if not... she's fine, by me.

Also: So... nobody told DiDi the truth about wrestling? Ooookay.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

The first of these personal workouts should absolutely be a viewing of and lecture on Wrestling Isn't Wrestling (fair warning, some cursing).
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Kayfabe gonna be broken imminently! Batten down the hatches, Roxie is about to expose the business!