New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: Ménage à 3 V: YAOI SENSE TINGLING

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Kayfabe gonna be broken imminently! Batten down the hatches, Roxie is about to expose the business!
    I don't think it's possible to train someone to be a wrestler without telling them what wrestling actually is.

Besides, we're talking DiDi here. If you don't tell her she's supposed to fake the hit, she'll send her sparring partner to a hospital -- or a morgue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I don't think it's possible to train someone to be a wrestler without telling them what wrestling actually is.

Besides, we're talking DiDi here. If you don't tell her she's supposed to fake the hit, she'll send her sparring partner to a hospital -- or a morgue.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey...8equestrian%29

This guy wrestled on TV once, because he was famous (for horse riding), he was clearly signalling to the other wrestler, who was enough of a pro, though not half so famous, that you couldn't really see the signals going back. I believed wrestling was fake before, but watching that guy really showed how it worked.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, that is something I did not see coming. Not that I mind but... well, good for you.
    Though, why did they say they shouldn't meet? Are they actually broke up but can't resist their sexual tension?

also: Subtle, Ruby......
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #124

Gratuitous lesbian make out, with a side order of upper butcrack.

There are worse things to wake up to

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Though, why did they say they shouldn't meet? Are they actually broke up but can't resist their sexual tension?
    I imagine that the end of the unfinished sentence there was something like "...we wouldn't talk to each other in front of other people." They've just conducted that huge violent break-up in character, and they now have to maintain the illusion, but acting violently hostile in public would be hard work and no fun given that it's the opposite of how they actually feel. So the outline script they've agreed is a huge mutual sulk, and if that means not seeing as much of each other as they'd like for a while, well, that's a cost of doing business.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep. It doesn't happen anymore in the big leagues of pro wrestling, but it's often the case in smaller indies and used to be the case in the whole shebang that heels and faces didn't travel together, hang out, or otherwise interact outside of shows so as not to let outsiders in on the fact that everything's a work - if fans knew, it would expose the business.

The Madison Square Garden Curtain Call incident pretty well ended that for WWE and other big promotions - it got one of the guys punished (one was world champion and couldn't be punished severely, two were literally leaving the company for a rival, so it all fell on the fourth guy, but that's okay, he's now married to the boss's daughter).
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Wait... there are still people who believe wrestling is real?
    Okay, I was not aware they actually kept up appearances outside of the ring. I'm not sure how to react to this, though.
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I don't think anyone actually truly believes wrestling is real anymore, even in indie circuits. Now it's just part of the theater of the whole thing to keep the appearance of kayfabe.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Smaller promotions often try to keep up the appearances, even if they know the audience all knows it's a work.

It wasn't until 1995, though, that the veil was well and truly pulled back past the point of no return. The steroid scandal of the late 80s and early 90s was an early step in pulling back the veil, and Vince McMahon's testimony about the nature of wrestling as a simulation of a bona fide athletic competition in 1989 was a major thing, because it also paved the way for pro wrestling get out of state athletic regulations.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I mean, as a kid I believed in Wrestling, and for a year or so I was pretty into it. It's been quite a while since I saw any, though. Still, I will very much admit to it's entertainment value, for over-the-top acting and for some physical choreography. So I kind of don't see the point in pretending it to be real, outside of the actual thing. But oh well, whatever floats people's boats.

Oh, also, now we know where the (main) problem lies... I'm sure this can't possibly have any lasting effects. (Though I'm not sure which in this case. btw, is it possible Montr3al has more lesbian than straight citizens? )
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

In any case, my guess was wrong; they had in fact broken up, but with enough of a soft landing that succumbing to their mutual attraction when they see each other again feels like a silly mistake rather than a personal disaster - and there may also still be some element of "and it makes it easier to preserve kayfabe, too" in the agreement.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

12. - Top - End - #132

Thats one gigantic pair..

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Thats one gigantic pair..
    DiDi's? Is that... news? Or something else.
    But really, girls, just drop it on her. She must grow up one of these days.

Also: Not sure if Marie had that epiphany way too late or just in time....
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #134

DiDi's? Is that... news? Or something else.
    But really, girls, just drop it on her. She must grow up one of these days.
    I dont know. I just feel like today's really highlighted the absurd size.

Must be the sports bra. I like sports bra

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I dont know. I just feel like today's really highlighted the absurd size.

Must be the sports bra. I like sports bra
    Well, yeah, DiDi's size varies sometimes between the more and less absurd. But they didn't look that big to me there. Oh well.

So... Roxy vs JLaw. I think I'd watch that

Ruby is... totally relaxed. I wonder if anyone ever talked to her about... relief.

And what. the. hell. Marie?
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ruby is... totally relaxed. I wonder if anyone ever talked to her about... relief.
    That's the fundamental problem. People talking to her about relief from stress causes her stress.

And what. the. hell. Marie?
    She's young and therefore stupid.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

17. - Top - End - #137

Griffon

I feel like I'm missing a reference in today's comic ("Eat Will Ya"). I mean, Tracy and Jim seemed to have worked things out, so if that's on her mind then I don't see what's stopping her...

....Unless she's suddenly inclined to follow in Senna's footsteps, albeit approaching from the opposite side. I'm... what?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Insufficient data to determine background. All we know is that Tracy has just weirded Gary out of eating his lunch. Reasons for what she said may become available on Thursday.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Spinner View Post
    Insufficient data to determine background. All we know is that Tracy has just weirded Gary out of eating his lunch. Reasons for what she said may become available on Thursday.
    While still nterpolating from incomplete data... it seems her bf refused a bj. THE HORROR! Okay, I guess many people might take it the wrong way but I assumed Tracy to be smarter than this.

Also: Holy effing eff, Ramona just dropped the most stunning reveal in all the series so far, I think.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #140

While still nterpolating from incomplete data... it seems her bf refused a bj. THE HORROR! Okay, I guess many people might take it the wrong way but I assumed Tracy to be smarter than this.
    I think you nailed it.

Pretty immature reaction, IMHO. Things will just weird out people. How about not making a big deal out of it.

Some guys will like getting a Kayne West, others wont. Its the same thing.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I knew Jungan would turn out to be a player somehow.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

She's very upfront about sex, to the point where I suspect it's a big part of her self-image. Having her offer refused, even if James just thought that he was expressing a preference and saving her from a chore, may have felt like a peculiarly severe blow to her self-esteem.

Plus, yeah, she's kind of emotionally flaky. The last time we saw her, she recovered from the consequences of one irrational outburst by engaging in another sort of irrational outburst.

Also: Holy effing eff, Ramona just dropped the most stunning reveal in all the series so far, I think.
    Put me down as someone else who always had suspicions about Jung, if he wasn't being written as a total stereotype. He's a cool, snarky geek, but I've known plenty of cool, snarky geeks who had love lives.

The fact that he's evidently a good lover is just flattering the readership.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Wow, that was a quick transition. Ruby went from total freak out to actively considering a plan for her first time in the span of one strip.

Of course we will find out that Andy had something much more innocent in mind with his "next level" comment and wacky hijinks will ensue.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thialfi View Post
    Wow, that was a quick transition. Ruby went from total freak out to actively considering a plan for her first time in the span of one strip.

Of course we will find out that Andy had something much more innocent in mind with his "next level" comment and wacky hijinks will ensue.
    I mean it's glaringly obvious. This would mark the.... 4th? 5th? time that Andy has said/done something questionable due to confusion or information that was taken out of context.

I'm about 95% sure that the Middle Eastern place they're going to is on the 1st floor of a building, and the 'next level' (as in the 2nd floor) has an ice cream place or something for dessert. (The other 5% is the possibility that the dessert place is actually NAMED 'Next Level' or something like that).

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thialfi View Post
    It's pretty obvious that she really wants to try sex with Andy. She's just nervous and looking for minimal reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'm about 95% sure that the Middle Eastern place they're going to is on the 1st floor of a building, and the 'next level' (as in the 2nd floor) has an ice cream place or something for dessert. (The other 5% is the possibility that the dessert place is actually NAMED 'Next Level' or something like that).
    Either something like that, or his idea of "taking things to the next level" is taking Ruby home to meet his parents. Cue massively embarrassing misunderstanding.

I also suspect that when they do wind up in bed, he'll thank her for suggesting it.
    Spinnin' that Disc...

26. - Top - End - #146

Oh god. Okay. I just had to laugh at today's Ma3's comic

27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Gary continues to have the spine of an unusually floppy invertebrate.
    Last edited by Yana; 2016-03-09 at 09:22 PM.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm really surprised by last sandra on the rocks, I had honestly suspected the pretty hitchiker to have run off with a bunsh of her electronics while she was so long in the shower.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Gary continues to have the spine of an unusually floppy invertebrate.
    Oh please. Invertebrate have some structure to it. Gary is more like some kind of negative spine man. He'd need to get a spine, just so he can be an invertebrate.

EDIT: How did this thread get to page V? Seriously Unsounded has one thread. And there are more things to discuss there. This comic is the worst thing I've read since Sinfest.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-03-10 at 11:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post

EDIT: How did this thread get to page V? Seriously Unsounded has one thread. And there are more things to discuss there. This comic is the worst thing I've read since Sinfest.
    Because its Fapping Good!