New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Call for Spheres of Power Freelancers!

Hello.

I am interested but unsure of whats spheres are still untouched.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nimor View Post
    Hello.

I am interested but unsure of whats spheres are still untouched.
    Unless I am mistaken Divination, Fate, Illusion, Light, Mind, Protection, War and Warp are all that remain at the moment...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

I've been PMing with Adam about doing Light.

Last edited by Palanan; 2015-10-02 at 08:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

I prefer email and Google docs, but I'd be willing to try Skype or a private forum. I'm not really on Facebook. I think publicly posting WIP material before any kind of internal review is asking for trouble.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

5. - Top - End - #35

BardGuy

I keep Facebook open all the time in case people message me there, so it'd be convenient... but it sounds like a pretty unpopular option.

Google Docs is okay, but I've had weird issues where keeping it open leads to my computers slowing down. Skype... has no problems I can think of? I don't use Skype often, but I do use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    Unless I am mistaken Divination, Fate, Illusion, Light, Mind, Protection, War and Warp are all that remain at the moment...
    Actually, I took Mind a bit ago in a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    May I offer my hand at this, despite the fact that I do not currently own Spheres of Power?

I would be interested in expanding Illusion or Mind...
    You could always buy the book here and do some quick catching up. It was just on sale a few days ago, but I think that was part of the Drivethru RPG d20 Sale, and that ended in September, I believe. Still, the sale price only knocked three bucks or so off the price, so it's not too bad as it is.
    Last edited by Afgncaap5; 2015-10-03 at 02:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright, there's a good number of people wanting to start a Skype group-let's make some progress on that. Either PM me your Skype name or contact UATSorune, and let's get that going.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

I would be interested in doing freelance work for Spheres of Power. I do not have a portfolio of previous Pathfinder homebrew to showcase, but I would like to think that my grasp of the system (and the foibles and pitfalls of optimization thereof) is solid enough.

I would be interested in writing a handbook for the Divination, Fate, or Mind sphere, with Divination as my top selection. Would any of those already be taken?

The only "professional" RPG work I have done previously was being a loose part of the development team for an RPG that was just published today (Jim McGarva's Strike! RPG), and even then it was a very loose relationship with the main author. I have not the foggiest idea of what goes into proper, professional freelancing.

If you would be willing to accept me as a freelancer despite all this, I would be happy to work under you.
    Last edited by Adslahnit; 2015-10-04 at 12:14 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Just to let everyone know, the first of the handbooks is out on PDF at DriveThruRPG. You can find the Nature Sphere Geomancing Handbook, written by yours truly here.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    Just to let everyone know, the first of the handbooks is out on PDF at DriveThruRPG. You can find the Nature Sphere Geomancing Handbook, written by yours truly here.
    Congratulations!
    Now how am I going to find time to update the Orrery with all the new stuff?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Congratulations!
    Now how am I going to find time to update the Orrery with all the new stuff?
    Make us all write the guides to our handbooks.
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it would be better if we all paired up with someone else and wrote the guide to our partner's handbook. Writer's bias might be a bit of an issue otherwise.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I have actually had to rewrite abilities when I sat back and thought about their ratings in a guide. In fact, I need to comb through my entire book in 'handbook rating' mode before I finish it.something can very easily seem like a good idea when you write it, the. You realize it's yellow at best later on.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    I have actually had to rewrite abilities when I sat back and thought about their ratings in a guide. In fact, I need to comb through my entire book in 'handbook rating' mode before I finish it.something can very easily seem like a good idea when you write it, the. You realize it's yellow at best later on.
    That's actually the main mode I go into when reviewing/editing my own or other people's work: What would I rate this as in a guide? A few situational abilities are fine, but you can see what needs buffed or nerfed more clearly when you think about whether you'd recommend it to someone.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, being on the other side of the rating game is weird at first.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Dang, if you're still looking for freelancers I'd be interested. I have experience working on Kyoudai Games' 3PP Thunderscape line. I'm Chris Koch, you should see my name in the credits of the core book and several supplements.

Looking at spheres that haven't been claimed, Warp is the most interesting to me.

Edit: Oh hey maybe I should link Thunderscape so people can actually see that it's a real thing http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...=0_0_44235_0_0
    Last edited by Rokku; 2015-11-23 at 07:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Dang, if you're still looking for freelancers I'd be interested. I have experience working on Kyoudai Games' 3PP Thunderscape line. I'm Chris Koch, you should see my name in the credits of the core book and several supplements.

Looking at spheres that haven't been claimed, Warp is the most interesting to me.

Edit: Oh hey maybe I should link Thunderscape so people can actually see that it's a real thing http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...=0_0_44235_0_0
    thanks for link drop but I think direct pdf to one of your works may more helpfull to others to evaluate work

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    thanks for link drop but I think direct pdf to one of your works may more helpfull to others to evaluate work
    Sure, I'll supply Adam with a sample.
    Last edited by Rokku; 2015-11-23 at 08:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I think war is the only one not spoken for at this point, unless someone has dropped.