New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted: The Waste Lands (IC)

Hurrat sees that the snipers lack the distinctive face coverings that the locals wear, but see that they are fighting some sort of supernatural being. Not knowing who is in the right, Hurrat moves right next to the dark figure with only his shield drawn. It glows as he does, and he calls out: Cease fire. I place this man under my protection. If you have just cause speak your grievance.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Hurrat takes the defend other action on the shadowy man.
    Hurrat reflexively activates the charm protection of celestial bliss on his shield. (3 motes peripheral [7 motes in the anima])
    His DV is currently 8 (-1 defend other) = 7 and acts again on tick 10

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"They don't have cause, they just want my gear. WELL YOU CAN HAVE MY BULLETS YOU SONS OF MONGREL WHORES!" Bracing his right arm against the door jam, Lance takes aim at one of the men who shot him. The god of his gun roars out its annoyance and spits fiery death at the villain, the head of the snake following close behind in the trail of essence, purple eyes aflame with rage and hate.

Spoiler: Shootin a mook
    Show
    (9d10)[6][4][7][10][8][7][7][7][8](64)
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Q'telun View Post
    "They don't have cause, they just want my gear. WELL YOU CAN HAVE MY BULLETS YOU SONS OF MONGREL WHORES!" Bracing his right arm against the door jam, Lance takes aim at one of the men who shot him. The god of his gun roars out its annoyance and spits fiery death at the villain, the head of the snake following close behind in the trail of essence, purple eyes aflame with rage and hate.

Spoiler: Shootin a mook
    Show
    [roll0]
    Show
    Hit, roll 6 damage
    Games I Run

Characters
    Othvard Noutheim, Perceptive Seeker Who Delved Too Deep (Burrowers Below)IC|OOC

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

The scene unfolded in front of her left Jynx with a tough choice, clearly some a pair of wanderers were being ambushed by mysterious raiders, and from what Asu had communicated earlier, they might have a connection to the party that wandered through Oasis earlier, but one of the stranger's under attack reminded Jynx of that fateful night of her Exaltation, were her eyes deceiving her? or was he a creature of the Ashen roads? Gritting her teeth and making a decision, Jynx drives her car towards the two wanderers, with her left hand on the wheel Jynx swerves to a halt in front of the two men, providing them with extra cove while raising a massive cloud dust that blocks the visibility from further gunfire. Without wasting time, she opens the passenger door to "Thunderbird", signaling the two men to enter the vehicle. "Hurry, get in!"
    Last edited by Lord-Leafar; 2015-10-05 at 09:01 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Hurrat's shield ably deflects the blazing golden bullet away from Lance, the sound of impact ringing through the square like a gong.

As her initial adrenaline rush cools a but, Jynx notes that this is hardly the modus operandi of the Oasis folk- if they want to kill or Rob somebody, they do it under cover of darkness, with a multitude of cold knives.

To reinforce this impression, the sniper struck by Lance's bullet rises to their feet. They're wearing a shirt of some repurposed metal grating, as well as gaudy decorations of scavenged metal. His mouth is uncovered, and a band of silver glimmers across his eyes.

"For the Silver Mother!" he cries, and raises a gun aloft, shooting a single black flare into the sky. Within seconds, a sound fills Oasis... the furious growling of engines, getting louder by the second.

The same coarse voice from earlier barkssnout again, only just audible over the roar of approaching vehicles. "Tough luck, Cullies! Now every one of you gets to DIE!"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Basically you get an action before this scene becomes a Chase. Dust Devil can enter the scene at this juncture.
    Last edited by Django; 2015-10-05 at 08:43 AM.
    Games I Run

Characters

6. - Top - End - #36

Lizardfolk

"Silver Mother ? What an ugly expression" a half speech half laugh echoes, as the extremely quick dot in the horizon closes in. He is but a blur of motion, making closing circles around the sniper, like a sand shark to wounded prey. "So simple, and so dull. It's not pretty, it's not pretty at all. You could say something of the like "Argent Life-bringer", or "Silvered Child-bearer", but "Silver Mother ?". People that says= so ugly expressions...do not deserve to live"

The blur of motion that is Dust Devil grinds to a halt suddenly, as his blade becomes engulfed into a tiny whirlwind of sand, delivering multiple slashes on his back. That moment he can be seen a bit more clearly: He seems suspiciously white, even pale, for a man that probably lived his whole life on the wastes. Blonde hair was also not seen so often. He wore a long duster, with something looking like a shirt made from multiple tiny chains inside.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Dash to the sniper that shot the flair (reflexive action)
    performing Flurry of 2 attacks with Exceptional Slashing sword. Each attack is boosted by Thousandfold Typhoon Hand. THis has 3 Effects
    - His DV is Halved by the Attacks
    -THe attacks count as Unexpected
    - Each Success on the attack roll counts twice for damage

1st attack (11d10)[6][6][4][5][8][10][6][3][7][3][3](61)
    2nd Attack (10d10)[7][3][3][9][7][9][5][5][4][4](56) - 1 onslaught Penalty to his DV
    3rd attack (9d10)[9][3][2][3][7][5][8][9][10](56)+2d stunt (11d10)[5][4][6][9][9][3][8][4][5][5][6](64)-(ignore this) 2 Onslaught Penalty to his DV

12 Persona motes spent

Persona 3/15
    Peripheral 33/33
    Last edited by Pertenetator; 2015-10-05 at 09:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurrat is now confident about the foes he faces, the nature of his foe fuels his inner rage. He dashes up to the roof of the women's car sucks in an enourmous amount of air drawing the dust toward him. Then as his anima explodes outwards his hair stands on end as he shouts above the roaring vehicles:Tremble Gangers and Dispair, Hurrat has come to this place, and none of you shall survive the encounter.

Show

Hurrat is making a CHA + PRESENCE roll to both scare the raiders off, or at least draw them his way. Hurrat will spend a willpower to channel his valor into this roll.
    He is using the 1st presence excellency for 9 motes peripheral which brings his total to 16 (He is now totemic) there is no way he can be mistaken for anyone else now.

(22d10)[2][6][6][3][3][6][4][2][10][2][9][5][8][10][4][6][5][6][7][2][7][1](114)

8. - Top - End - #38

The roars of the engines approaching reach a crescendo, as the full convoy approaches. Four motorcycles lead the pack, roadsters, more nimble than Lance's cruiser. Their riders whoop and scream, battering themselves into a frenzy as their prey comes into view. Behind them are three jeep-like trucks, with weapons platforms mounted on the back. These are attended, and the gunners fire blasts of demonstrative ammunition into the air.

The snipers- with the notable exception of the one Dust Devil eviscerated- leap from their enclaves and onto the approaching vehicles, and are caught by their comrades with practiced ease. In moments, the raiding party will be upon you...

Show
    If you're participating in the Chase as a driver/runner, roll another Join Battle, to determine initiative order- actions don't really have speeds in a Chase. If anyone wishes to mount/dismount from a vehicle during the chase, roll a JB at that time. Do also tell me how your character is beginning the chase.
    Games I Run

Characters

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Oh damn it!" The thundering engines coming down on her and the others close in on Jynx, her hands gripping the wheel tightly in anticipation of what's to come. "Hey nut job, we're moving!" She yells at the strange glowing man on top of her car, hoping she had made the right choice coming to his aid, otherwise she would leave him behind, no need to risk herself or Thunderbird for a loony. With the stomping of a pedal, Thunderbird let's out it's own roar as Jynx brings her engine to life, clouds of dust raising violently as the wheels speed up with increasing ferocity. "Alright Birdie, get us to safety!"

Spoiler: Mechanics & Rolls
    Show
    Activating Daredevil Driving Technique (5m peripheral), all Driving rolls reflexive for the scene while converting any stunts into auto sux, as well increasing my car's DodgeDV with +3.
    JB roll:
    (7d10)[9][7][1][1][1][8][1](28)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Lance dashes for his bike and spurs it's least god to life with a savage kick. The engine roars defiance to the world, sounding like a great Predator Lizard, and his bike lurches forward and into the wastes as the pistons in the four cylinders fire desperately to keep pace with the car beside him. "Lawbringer, what the hell do you think you're going to be able to do up there?" He calls out to Pendrogen over all of the engines.

Spoiler
    Show
    (5d10)[6][10][7][3][1](27)
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

To Lance:

Lawbringer? I will have to remember that one. (Pause)
    There are advantages to being a target.

Despite his words he has misgivings about standing on top of a moving vehicle.
    He steps down into Thunderbird's trunk, and with one hand grabs the roof fin, and with the other prepares to fend off gunfire.
    To Jynx:

Thank you for your assistance and courage. If I fought here innocents would pay the price. I will protect your vehicle while we draw them out of the city.

Show

Reflexively activating Panoptic Fusion Discipline (4 mote peripheral)
    Peripheral remaining: 19
    Personal remaining:15
    Anima (20 motes)
    PDV is currently: 11 (And attackers have an additional -1 external penalty if they do not pay 5 willpower)

12. - Top - End - #42

Lizardfolk

"Whoops, seems like things are getting a little bit pent up here" Dust devil says as he start dashing away, following the car and the motorcycle "Mind if i tread along ? You seem to be having some trouble with these quite horrible people". He seems to be running aslmost as fast, even faster than the two vehicles

Spoiler: JB
    Show

(7d10)[9][2][8][9][1][6][2](37)
    Reminder my speed it 60 yards/tick

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

To All:

It is good to see so many who are willing to fight the gangs, what are thy names?

14. - Top - End - #44

The ruins of Oasis loom over the deserted streets. These parkways and boulevards were designed for their meandering aesthetic values, curving and arching constantly, and in their disrepair they form frequent obstacles to a high-speed Chase. (Difficulty 2)

One of the armored jeeps had bold streaks of blue on the side panels, as well as en embellished painting of a silver skull on the hood. Behind the wheel of this jeep is a man with a horned, viking style helm and a massive frame. He raises his fist out of the window and bellows a loud, nonverbal war chant to his compatriots. They answer in unison, and a sandy-colored aura begins to shimmer around their tires.

Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show

Easy enough; Raider Captain, the Party, then Raider Mooks.

Show

Action: Activate Charm: Terrestrial Drive Reinforcement
    5successes, 1 hazard
    Last edited by Django; 2015-10-08 at 11:15 AM.
    Games I Run

Characters

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sparing a side glance to the Infernal flying next to them, Jynx wided her eyes in amazement, she was ready to shoot at the devil until it spoke, he seemed friendly for now, and that was enough for Jynx to focus on getting away from these raiders. She would pay due attention to this sudden group of companions she seemed to have joined."Now's not the time for introductions buddy, save the names for when we don't have a rabid pack of murderers on our asses!" With that, Jynx pressed on the accelerator, "Thunderbird growled as it picked up extra speed through the roads of the broken ruins of Oasis. Jynx had visited this city on many occasions, and if there was one advantage she had over her pursuers, was that she knew more of the geography of the place than them, she knew the alleys, the sand traps, and the dead ends of the now seemingly empty and desolate city, she only hoped that all inhabitants had taken refuge underground as it was usually the case. With that reassuring thought, Jynx made a turn around one of the corners of a collapsed building, an alley ahead of her seemed to be the only route ahead, but at the last second she turned sharply into a narrow gap of the adjacent building, with it's broken architecture it provided some cover against her pursuers, and Jynx could have driven through it with eyes closed, taking advantage of the poor visibility the close space offered and the more dust she raised with her passing, she drove through it with dangerous speed, her body and muscles reacting out of memory to the landscape, her one with her vehicle, a perfect fusion of (wo)man and machine.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Attempting a Cunning Maneuver for my first chase action, rolling with a +1 difficulty for a total of +3 difficulty. And gaining +1 hazard from it. I'm gonna impose the -3 die penalty on my pursuers for their next roll. My maneuverability is +1, so my Drive roll becomes Dex(5)+Drive(5)+1=11 and any stunt dice becomes auto sux from Daredevil Driving Technique.
    (11d10)[2][3][8][4][8][1][9][9][9][6][5](64)

16. - Top - End - #46

Show
    stunt 2 for Jynx
    Games I Run

Characters

17. - Top - End - #47

Lizardfolk

"Seem like these raiders want a show" Dust Devil giggled "Lets give it tho them then!" .

He rushed towards Jynx's car, the sand of the oasis gathering below his feet as he dashed towards Thunderbird. With a burst of energy, he made a quite daring leap forwards, a sudden winds pushing him to the same speed when he took off, a small sandstorm under his feet. Due to that, the had made a complete U-turn with his body,pushing his hand on the hood of Thunderbird, landing almost flawlessly. He wouldn't stop here of course, as soon as his feet where in the stable metal hoo, he jumped again, uppon the a metallic beam that came out of the ground like a broken bone. And another, and another, he kept leaping from Oasis ruin to oasis ruin, running on nbroken rooftops or collapsed metal structures, or just frorm;ess rock. It didn't matter, only that his insanse stunts had an audience now

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Using Dangerous Maneuver , adding two automatic successes to the CHase roll but also 2 Hazard unless his opponents accept two extra hazard to match
    his risky advantage with their own.. Using 1st Adorjan Excellency for 4m to boost the Dex+ Athletic roll. Plus 1 die for haing a speed of 60 yards per tick, 10 yards faster than the motorcycles

(13d10)[1][9][8][1][6][2][10][1][8][3][9][8][9](75) Plus any stunt

18. - Top - End - #48

Show
    +2 stunt for DD
    Games I Run

Characters

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Nonsense, any of you could be dead before the bell is done. I would know with whom I fight.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

A motorcycle is only as good as the hand that repairs it. And Lance's bike is as new as the day it rolled off the assembly line, untouched by the harsh ravages of time and desert. So when Jynx peels off down the winding streets he follows right behind, wheels gripping the desert sand just as easily as they did so many years ago. He weaves through the spaces that the Thunderbird can't go, keeping pace with the Solar Exalts expertly. "I am the Black Steel Diamond."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Spending 5m of Peripheral Essence. Fully Totemic now.

(12d10)[4][7][10][2][8][7][1][8][5][6][4][6](68)
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

21. - Top - End - #51

A motorcycle is only as good as the hand that repairs it. And Lance's bike is as new as the day it rolled off the assembly line, untouched by the harsh ravages of time and desert. So when Jynx peels off down the winding streets he follows right behind, wheels gripping the desert sand just as easily as they did so many years ago. He weaves through the spaces that the Thunderbird can't go, keeping pace with the Solar Exalts expertly. "I am the Black Steel Diamond."

Show
    Spending 5m of Peripheral Essence. Fully Totemic now.

[roll0]
    Show
    Stunt 2 for BSD
    Games I Run

Characters

22. - Top - End - #52

The convoy roars in pursuit, the mounted raiders splitting the air with savage war cries. The bikers lean on their throttles and pursue Jynx, taking a shortcut through an empty warehouse. They burst through the windows, showering glass on the dusty roads, grinning like lunatics. [Dangerous Maneuver]

The jeep bearing the convoy's leader barrels down the same road as Jynx, tottering slightly as it follows her perilous turns. The gunner on the back, wielding a mounted machine gun, takes aim and fires at the Thunderbird! [Attack]

The remaining jeeps follow suit, spraying a hail of bullets at Black Steel Diamond! [Attack]

Show

The bikers achieved 5, 3, 2, and 1 Successes toward the cumulative difficulty. all have 2 Hazard.
    The lead jeep achieves no successes, and gets 2 Hazard. His attack beats a Driving Dodge DV of 5, but deals no damage to Thunderbird.
    The other jeeps achieve no and 3 successes, respectively, and 2 hazard. One misses, the other deals no damage.
    Games I Run

Characters

23. - Top - End - #53

Show
    in case this wasn't clear, it is once again time for the players to act. This leg is complete once the participants either acquire 15 successes or 10 hazard, at which point we either complete the race or proceed to the next leg.
    Games I Run

Characters

24. - Top - End - #54

Lizardfolk

Dust Devil laughs wholeheartedly as he sees the efforts of the bikers. He zigzagged in the ruins the ruins, breaking from a a window only to show up in a completely different position. It was almost impossible to track his movements through the shattered city of oasis , all that was seen was a sudden blur, followed by a trail of ashes and dust.

Show

I had 9 threshold successes on last roll +2 from dangerous maneuver. This time i will try Weave (+1 Difficulty +1 Hazard). 1st Adorjan Excellency for 4m, channeling WP for 1 automatic success

(13d10)[1][6][4][6][4][5][9][9][10][4][4][1][5](68) plus any stunts 4 or more threshold successes and this leg ends

Current Hazard at 3
    Last edited by Pertenetator; 2015-10-14 at 04:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Pertenetator View Post
    Dust Devil laughs wholeheartedly as he sees the efforts of the bikers. He zigzagged in the ruins the ruins, breaking from a a window only to show up in a completely different position. It was almost impossible to track his movements through the shattered city of oasis , all that was seen was a sudden blur, followed by a trail of ashes and dust.

Show

I had 9 threshold successes on last roll +2 from dangerous maneuver. This time i will try Weave (+1 Difficulty +1 Hazard). 1st Adorjan Excellency for 4m, channeling WP for 1 automatic success

[roll0] plus any stunts 4 or more threshold successes and this leg ends

Current Hazard at 3
    Show
    stunt 2 for DD
    Games I Run

Characters

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

No. No. There! Lance swerves hard, heading straight for a ruined section of a building, opening the throttle all the way up. His front tire hits the stone and he goes straight up the curve and into the air, coming to a landing on the next roof over. Offering the raiders a one fingered salute he speeds off down a series of roofs before landing on a side street and heading for the west gate.

Show
    Dangerous Maneuver, and another five motes.

(12d10)[6][3][10][9][8][8][10][10][5][1][10][1](81)
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

27. - Top - End - #57

No. No. There! Lance swerves hard, heading straight for a ruined section of a building, opening the throttle all the way up. His front tire hits the stone and he goes straight up the curve and into the air, coming to a landing on the next roof over. Offering the raiders a one fingered salute he speeds off down a series of roofs before landing on a side street and heading for the west gate.

Show
    Dangerous Maneuver, and another five motes.

[roll0]
    Show
    Stunt 1 for BSD
    Games I Run

Characters

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

I shall purge the land of your sin so hard that not even the spirits of your fleas shall linger here.

Show

Hurrat is attempting to goad his enemies into shooting him.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jynx almost winces as the bullets ricochet off Thunderbird's steel frame, leaving new marks added to an already scarred body, the signs of a veteran warrior of the road.
    At Hurrat's taunt, she raises an eyebrow with surprise and a hint of disbelief, but keeps her attention and focus on the road, scanning her surroundings with incredible speed, Jynx traces a mental map of her location into the ruins, forming a new plan as she weaves through the debris of Oasis.
    As she sets her course, Jynx begins channeling her essence into Thunderbird, the engine roars with greater strength at the familiar communion between magic and metal, and it's driver accelerates into a collapsed floor that is half covered by sand. With the right angle of inclination, the fallen building created an improvised ramp which Jynx intended to use to jump over the streets of Oasis, she knew very well however, that without the right speed and the right angle, she could miss the one building that provided a safe enough landing for the vehicle. "Hold tight buddy, we're going for a little jump!" With the warning given to Hurrat, Jynx pushes the pedal down once again with all her might, Thunderbird becoming a blur of steel as it soars through the air like the rising sun over the fallen city of Oasis.

Spoiler: Maneuver & Mechanics
    Show
    Attempting a Dangerous maneuver, adding +2 Hazard for a total of 3, and activating First Drive Excellency for 5m and +5 extra dice for a total of 16 dice + any stunt/sux from DDT.
    (16d10)[4][3][5][3][3][9][7][8][1][8][1][6][8][4][7][8](85)

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Leafar View Post
    Jynx almost winces as the bullets ricochet off Thunderbird's steel frame, leaving new marks added to an already scarred body, the signs of a veteran warrior of the road.
    At Hurrat's taunt, she raises an eyebrow with surprise and a hint of disbelief, but keeps her attention and focus on the road, scanning her surroundings with incredible speed, Jynx traces a mental map of her location into the ruins, forming a new plan as she weaves through the debris of Oasis.
    As she sets her course, Jynx begins channeling her essence into Thunderbird, the engine roars with greater strength at the familiar communion between magic and metal, and it's driver accelerates into a collapsed floor that is half covered by sand. With the right angle of inclination, the fallen building created an improvised ramp which Jynx intended to use to jump over the streets of Oasis, she knew very well however, that without the right speed and the right angle, she could miss the one building that provided a safe enough landing for the vehicle. "Hold tight buddy, we're going for a little jump!" With the warning given to Hurrat, Jynx pushes the pedal down once again with all her might, Thunderbird becoming a blur of steel as it soars through the air like the rising sun over the fallen city of Oasis.

Spoiler: Maneuver & Mechanics
    Show
    Attempting a Dangerous maneuver, adding +2 Hazard for a total of 3, and activating First Drive Excellency for 5m and +5 extra dice for a total of 16 dice + any stunt/sux from DDT.
    [roll0]
    Show
    Stunt 2 for Jynx
    Games I Run

Characters