New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Prince Abooboo (Wander Inn Mission)

Spoiler: Readied Spells
    Show
    Standard
    • Ray of stupidity (Ench)
    • Cloud of Knives (Conj)
    • Major Image (Illus)
    • Baleful Transposition (Conj)
    • Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • Charm Person (Ench)
    Bonus Spells
    • 1 - Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • 1 - Benign Transposition (Conj)
    • 2 - Baleful Transposition (Conj)
    • 2 - Ray of stupidity (Ench)
    • 3 - Major Image (Illus)
    Spoiler: Tsuki and Eiko
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Show
    Tsuki tries to identify the creatures.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if you want just one roll or one for each individual. Use whatever is appropriate.
    (1d20+11)[21]/(1d6+1)[7]
    Concentration - (1d20+10)[26]/[roll3]
    [roll4]/[roll5]
    [roll6]/[roll7]

Getting a mischievous idea, Tsuki casts persistent blade through the crack in the door and as far away from herself as she can, hopefully causing it to appear near the big, scary blue thing. She then mentally commands the force dagger to attack the leash restraining it.
    [roll8] - [roll9]

Spoiler: Prepared Spells (please read)
    Show
    I forgot to notate which spells were Extended in the last spoiler, put an x2 on the wrong spell (making it illegal to ready the spell), and also forgot that the +4 Cha should have given Tsuki extra 1st- and 2nd-level bonus slots. If it's acceptable this is the revised readied spell list. I just doubled up on spells she already had readied rather than adding additional spell options.

Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter
    "This is bad, Tsuki. We need to leave..."

Eiko casts Cloud of Knives and steps up next to Tsuki.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Show
    Spoiler: Knowledge
    Show
    From that Knowledge (Arcana) you can tell these are creatures related to dragons, not half-dragons or even draconic, but as though they've been tinted with draconic essence. They seem to be the Spawn of Tiamat, races which breed true but originated as perverse corruptions of other entities as Tiamat's answer to the Dragonborn of Bahamut.

It's a valiant effort, but Tsuki's blade is too weak to cut through the tether. It looks like it's a weapon being used as such, not simply a piece of rope. The red creature whirls around at the sound of the force blade, and notices the magical effect.
    "Horaaa, someone's feeling bold. I think I'm getting warmer...Warmer...Ooh, hot, hot."
    Tsuki sees a catlike eye appear in the crack in the door.
    "I'm burning up."
    The door is flung open by the ignition of a Burning Hands which, despite the door's cover, scorches Tsuki and deals 15 damage. Tsuki finds herself face to face with the Redspawn, while the Greenspawn and Blackspawn peek in from the sides.
    "What did I tell you? The Fivefold Goddess smiles upon us. We have a second chance, and we didn't need that Umber Hulk fellow after all. Get the girl, and-"
    The Redspawn staggers back.
    "Is that the prince? Goodness, girl, what things you get up to behind closed doors. We are lucky five times over. Take them both."

The Greenspawned dashes into the room, tumbling past Tsuki and crouching in the corner, ready to flank. The Blackspawned presses his shoulders into the door frame, making it impossible for Tsuki to dash outside. The Whitespawned, outside the room, pulls at his chain connected to the Bluespawn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not really up for making a map right now, so just describe your positions. Approximations are good enough.
    ((Working off they assumption that they are in melee.))

A cloud knife flings out and stabs at the greenspawn in the room behind them.
    (1d20+11)[21] - (1d6+1)[7]

Eiko then defensively casts Baleful Transposition targeting the greenspawn and the whitespawn in the hallway (Will DC 18 negates).
    Concentration - (1d20+10)[26] (DC15)
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    The Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[23] - force - (1d4)[1] continues to attack the leash, as Tsuki has given it no instructions to do otherwise.

Tumbling Attempting to tumble back away from the spawn, Tsuki's two daggers lift from their sheaths and defensively hover in the air before her. "What do you think you're doing bursting into a lady's room?!"

Acrobatics - (1d20+11)[13]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2015-10-12 at 02:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Show

Eiko's dagger is propelled expertly, but the little lizard is too quick and narrowly avoids the strike. More of a fluke, it manages to block out the intrusion of Eiko's teleportation spell, and manages to remain rooted.
    "Good effort, but ssslightly ssskewed, your highnesssss," Green sneers. Red, on the other hand, looks on with concern.
    "Oh. Your magic, it's weak. You're not the Prince. Fivefold curse these costumes, no one looks like anyone. Get them both, and we'll sort it out later."
    Tsuki tries to nimbly dodge, but she leaves a slight opening and Black's scaly neck whips out to give her a bite on the side. Its teeth hurt, dealing 5 damage, and then begins to sting, though Tsuki is hardy enough to ward off any debilitating effect.
    "Calm yourselves, calm yourselves, we need them alive! Moth it!" Red snaps. Snapping her fingers, she first sends up a small Flare, and then triggers Pyrotechnics to cause the Flare to explode in dazzling light. The Spawn all have their eyes turned, aware of what Red's planning, and although Tsuki and Eiko get the brunt of it they manage to avoid being outright blinded, though Eiko is still dazzled by the initial Flare. Green takes the chance to whip forward and slice at Eiko with a spinning blade. Unfortunately, Eiko manages to sidestep the low attack.

As the three Spawn close in on the pair in the room, the flying Djinn Ali races up the stairs in a burst of wind. He hovers, as Blue and White in the hall turn to address their newcomer.
    "W-what's happening? There's been, there's an-ah! Assailants! B-begone, creatures of evil and hate, for I am Prince Ali, with the natural strength of ten men and the vim to dispatch the galloping hordes! I, well, I'll, I'll, I'll bring this to fisticuffs before the night is out, believe you me!"
    "Hey. We got the real one." White mutters.

Spoiler: Darwin
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darwin's conversation has reached this point chronologically, so he can act now.

Spoiler: Þ
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    What have you been doing in this while?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Upon hearing this statement, Darwin's smile turns to a face of worry. "Tsuki is in danger?" He turns to look at the doorway out, and then at the fiery form in front of him. "I'll keep this all on the down-low, and, if what you're telling me is true, I might just consider your offer. If you'd like, I could even bring you some cake when I return! Farewell!" And with that, Darwin runs off, heading off away from the main hall, consciously aiming for Tsuki's room, but really just focusing on finding Tsuki, if that mattered to this quasi-existent palace.
    Well, you know the old saying. "Give a man a sword and he'll do a d6 in damage. Tell a man the rules by which he must follow to craft his OWN sword, and the campaign's off the rails by suppertime".

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    What have you been doing in this while?
    Show
    Since he hasn't gotten word of anything going on, Þ has just been meandering through the party, keeping eye out for Darwin or anyone who might look like Tsuki and Eiko.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    ((Addendum:)) Darwin also takes the time to pause in front of one of the servants, this one being a Kobold carrying a plate of delicious Keesh. "Pardon me. But could you please find the Lich changeling who goes by Þ and tell him to head to Tsuki, and that it's urgent? Tell him she's probably by our rooms, but that likely won't matter once you try to look for her. Tell him Darwin sent you." And with that, Darwin Freeborn continued on his search.
    Last edited by Capt. Infinity; 2015-10-12 at 04:57 PM.
    Well, you know the old saying. "Give a man a sword and he'll do a d6 in damage. Tell a man the rules by which he must follow to craft his OWN sword, and the campaign's off the rails by suppertime".

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    ((Going to try to make things easier on you.))
    Spoiler: Statistic Block
    Show
    Deba Tsuki - The Knife Dancer
    Female Neutral Lesser Aasimar Ranger1/Spellthief4//Swordsage (Sorc), Level 5, Init 5, HP 48/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30
    AC 25, Touch 19, Flat-footed 22, Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 9, Base Attack Bonus 4
    2x +1 Daggers +6/+9 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    Feycraft Mithral Shirt (Thistledown Suit/MW Feycraft Dastana) (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Misc)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 22

Spoiler: Prepared Spells
    Show
    Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Spoiler: Ongoing Spells
    Show
    This will take the following form. Spell Name (remaining rounds)
    Steeldance (3), Persistent Blade (7)

Tsuki gestures towards the whitespawn, sending the persistent blade to attack him. Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[9] - force - (1d4)[1]

She then tumbles towards the greenspawn, moving into a flanking position with Eiko. Acrobatics - (1d20+11)[16]

"Get out of my room!"

The two steeldance daggers strike automatically at the greenspawn.
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[32] - (1d4+14)[18]
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[16] - (1d4+14)[17]

Both being sneak attacks from flanking, Tsuki will attempt to steal a spell from the greenspawn with each hit. If the first reveals he has no spells, the second will be a normal sneak attack instead. SA - (1d6)[4]
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Nat 20!
    Critical Hit confirmation.
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[19] - (1d4+14)[16]
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #99

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    Screw the spoilers, everyone's things are related now.

Þ is approached by a Kobold whose existence is questionable and largely up for debate, holding a quiche as designed by a 6-year-old.
    "Sir, I believe I have a message for you, as you are the only one that suits. The Drow says that Sookey requests your assistance in her chambers. I would head there post-haste."

------
    Tsuki's second knife is dodged by Green, but not before it takes a hit from the first. Tsuki manages to rob Green of his Fell The Greatest Foe spell. Green is a little shaken, and his eyes dart to the door.
    "Oh no you don't, this mission is bigger than all of us!" Red snaps. "Keep your eyes on the prize. If you don't, I'll do a little something to light a fire under you, if you catch my drift."
    Black shifts his body slightly, giving Red a clear view into the room. She hurls a small sphere of flame at Tsuki, this time undeterred by her defense against magic. It strikes perfectly, though doesn't hit so hard as to do extra damage. The searing ball does 20 fire damage to Tsuki. Seeing her as the greater threat, Green rolls out of the way and positions himself such that in order to flank again, either Eiko or Tsuki will have to in turn be flanked by him and Black, unless they both come in from the sides. He lashes out with his strange knife at Tsuki, and strikes her in a critical location! He cuts her beautiful face for 14 damage.

Tsuki's force blade is pushed away by White, who is focused on Ali.
    "Big words, big man," he mutters. He lashes out with the other end of the leash, which Ali dodges, but Ali doesn't strike back. It is at this time that Darwin races up the stairs, into the fray of a hallway filled with what looks like a blue rhino and a white draconic skeleton, while a red scaled woman looks into a room from the hall and a thick black tail sticks out from the door frame.
    "Ahaha! Fantastic! It is Darwin again, yes? Excellent, please, dispatch these villains! Of course, I will help you-
    He pauses.
    "b-by offering praise and admiration, and moral support. It would be too disruptive to the guests and my castle itself were I to unleash a mere fraction of my power on these knaves. Please, after you!"

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Nettlekid; 2015-10-13 at 03:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Standard
    • Cloud of Knives (Conj)
    • Major Image (Illus)
    • Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • Charm Person (Ench)
    Bonus Spells
    Another cloud knife lashes out at the greenspawn just before he tumbles away. (1d20+13)[25] - (1d6+1)[3]

"Foul, little green thing. Suffer! Suffer more!" emphasizes Eiko as she casts power word pain targeting the greenspawn. He takes (1d6)[6] damage and it lasts (4d4)[2][4][3][3](12) rounds. ((If he has <=50 hp 4d4, 51-75 is 2d4, 76-100 1d4. 101+ he's unaffected.))
    Concentration - Defensive Casting - (1d20+10)[26]
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2015-10-13 at 06:06 PM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

With a look of shock, Þ moves quickly to weave through the thinnest parts of the crowd. As he moves, he mutters "Clothesificate." softly to himself, changing from his fine liches robes to a mummy's bandages, then after a moment's consideration changes his form to that of a somewhat shorter female. No point in giving himself away before he knew what was going on. Here, of all places, now, it could be pretty much anything.
    As he moves, Þ does register a slight shock at the realisation that it was Tsuki who found trouble first, and somehow not Darwin.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Standard
    • Cloud of Knives (Conj)
    • Major Image (Illus)
    • Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • Charm Person (Ench)
    Bonus Spells
    Cloud Knife at the Blackspawn - (1d20+11)[30] - (1d6+1)[4]

Eiko circles around the room to move to L6, passing behind Tsuki and staying out of melee as she moves. Once there, she defensively casts baleful transposition targeting the greenspawn and redspawn. Save DC 18. Concentration to Defensively Cast - (1d20+10)[16]

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Nat 19 is a critical threat!
    Cloud Knife at the Blackspawn - (1d20+11)[23] - (1d6+1)[2]

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Init 5, HP 28/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30
    AC 25, Touch 19, Flat-footed 22 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +6 Misc)
    Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 9, Base Attack Bonus 4
    2x +1 Daggers +6/+8 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)

Show

Show

Steeldance (2), Persistent Blade (6)
    Tsuki delays until after Eiko's actions.

Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[26] - force - (1d4)[2]

Depending on the results of Eiko's actions, Tsuki does one of two different things.
    Spoiler: If the green and red are swapped
    Show
    Tsuki's steeldancing daggers strike at the redspawn as she 5-ft. steps to K4.
    Steeldance Dagger 1 - (1d20+12)[23] - (1d4+14)[15] Crit? Steeldance Dagger 1 - (1d20+12)[23] - (1d4+14)[18]
    Steeldance Dagger 2 - (1d20+12)[20] - (1d4+14)[17] Crit? Steeldance Dagger 2 - (1d20+12)[24] - (1d4+14)[15]

A flick of her wrist requips a mundane dagger to her hand, and a moment to focus her energies sends the blade hurling away from her, striking at the redspawn and blackspawn before flying back to her open hand.
    Whirling Blade vs Red - (1d20+12)[18] - (1d4+7)[9] Crit? Whirling Blade vs Red - (1d20+12)[30] - (1d4+7)[11]
    Whirling Blade vs Black - (1d20+12)[25] - (1d4+7)[11] Crit? Whirling Blade vs Black - (1d20+12)[28] - (1d4+7)[11]

Spoiler
    Show
    The dagger "summon" is a fluffy way of saying "she draws a dagger".

Spoiler: If the enemy swap fails again
    Show
    Tsuki's steeldancing daggers strike at the greenspawn as she tumbles to I5.
    Steeldance Dagger 1 - (1d20+12)[30] - (1d4+14)[18] Crit? Steeldance Dagger 1 - (1d20+12)[32] - (1d4+14)[18]
    Steeldance Dagger 2 - (1d20+12)[17] - (1d4+14)[17] Crit? Steeldance Dagger 2 - (1d20+12)[20] - (1d4+14)[15]

Once there, she drops to her knees below the table and casts a second persistent blade, targeting the blackspawn.
    Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[15] - force - (1d4)[4] Crit? Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[21] - force - (1d4)[3]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2015-10-13 at 06:37 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey guys! What's going ooooooouuuuuuhhhhhh..." Darwin is left at a loss for words at the scene before him. It's obvious that these are party-goers, that much is clear. But what the heck is actually happening is beyond even his newfound intellect.

"Umm... Scary lady often equals leader! Take this!" Darwin shouts out, as he outstretches one hand and fires a Searing Light at the red scaled woman.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Searing Light Ranged Touch Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[10]

Damage: (3d8)[15]

Characters:
    Maestro Mentallo
    Kane Rainison

16. - Top - End - #106

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    So with the necessary rearranging of actions, now Þ is the one coming up the stairs, but only does so this round.

Eiko's knife cuts Black in a critical spot, causing him to kneel for a moment to hold his side. Although he's still in the door, a nimble acrobat might be able to dodge out around him, at least until he regains his stature. Tsuki's Whirling Blade too deals him notable damage.

"Ha! As though I would be drawn in by something as trivial as that!" Red sneers, laughing right in Eiko's face. She realizes that shouldn't be the case. Green looks on from outside.
    "Ssso look, I'm better with ambushesss. I think we'd bessst regroup. And I plan to." With that, Green turns tail and dashes down the hall.

Red is about to chastise Green, but Tsuki's furious daggers cut her down to size. Heavily injured and lacking in backup (or really, suitable teamwork) the mission seems to be failing. Going for a last-ditch effort, Red withdraws an item from her robe and then goes to put it on (either action provokes an AoO from Eiko). It's one of the paper masks.

17. - Top - End - #107

Gaining the top of the stairs, Þ is started by the commotion going on outside of what appears to be Tsuki's room, and what sounds like fighting going on inside the room.

"Ali? What's going on? Or are you Tsuki? ... Eiko? *sigh* This is why we should have discussed a plan before hand... Tsuki, where are you and what in the world is going on?" Þ bellows in frustration, wishing the attendant had been a little more informative as to what was going on. At least they'd let him know though...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Standard
    • Cloud of Knives (Conj)
    • Major Image (Illus)
    • Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • Charm Person (Ench)
    Bonus Spells
    Eiko delays until just after Tsuki then acts immediately, so she isn't caught in Tsuki's spell.

The Power Word Pain spell continues to hit the greenspawn. (1d6)[3]
    Also, forgot to roll for PWP last round. (1d6)[1]
    9(?) more rounds remain on PWP against the greenspawn.

Cloud Knife at the Blackspawn - (1d20+11)[16] - (1d6+1)[5] (1 round remains on Cloud of Knives)
    Eiko defensively casts Major Image, making a duplicate of herself occupying the same space as herself. Concentration - (1d20+10)[23]

Eiko then 5-ft. steps to K7 to block Red's escape, leaving the illusion where she was; however, she attempts to make it appear that she moved the illusion rather than herself.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2015-10-19 at 04:43 PM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Init 5, HP 28/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30
    Fort 7, Ref 7, Will 9, Base Attack Bonus 4

Show
    Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x2 x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Show
    Steeldance (1), Persistent Blade (5)
    Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[16] - force - (1d4)[3]

Tsuki casts whirling blade.
    Whirling Blade vs Red - (1d20+12)[13] - (1d4+7)[8]
    Whirling Blade vs Black - (1d20+12)[16] - (1d4+7)[10]

She then 5-ft. steps up to the redspawn, which triggers two attacks against him from her steeldance spell.
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[15] - (1d4+14)[16]
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[26] - (1d4+14)[15]

"Why do these accursed monsters always have to attackme?" Tsuki mutters to herself.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

20. - Top - End - #110

MindFlayer

As Eiko did not take an Attack of Opportunity against the Redspawn, the Redspawn manages to affix the mask without resistance. A blinding light emanates from her, and then the light portions itself into red, blue, green, black, and white shades. Her body doubles in size and like a Hydra five sprouting tendrils burst from the body, each ending in a draconic head. With a bellowing roar, the heads go into a whipping and gnashing frenzy.

Tsuki's whirling blade has unfortunately missed both targets. One of the blades of steel misses, but the other strikes true. The attack is palpable, and the Redspawn's previously injured condition isn't helping her.

Eiko's knife against the Blackspawn also does not connect.

The Redspawn, disoriented by her transformation, doesn't have it in her to lash out with all the heads yet. Instead she simply sinks the white head's teeth into Tsuki, dealing 12 damage (overcoming magic DR).

The Blackspawn and Eiko are both pushed out of the doorway by the Redspawn's transformation, and stumble into the hall.
    "I'm startin' to fink he had da rite ideea." Black mutters, looking to where Green had fled. White sighs.
    "Too hasty. We were planning to save that." he shakes his head. He scowls, trying to bat away the knife of force which has been pestering him.
    "Look, the whole thing-"
    "Did yoo say sumthing?"
    "I said the whole-"
    "What?"
    "I SAID the whole plan has gone to ruin! We have no lead and nothing to show for it, let's fall back!"
    With this, the Whitespawn shakes his chain and unlatches the Bluespawn, who immediately rushes underneath the flying Prince Ali and stabs its horn into Þ's skeletal frame, dealing 27 damage (12 after your DR.)

"But what about her?" Black gestures to the furious, transformed Redspawn.
    "Let her come to her senses or burn herself out. Let her die. It's not like any of us are irreplaceable."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't even see the line where it said Eiko was allowed an AoO...

Show
    Standard
    • Cloud of Knives (Conj)
    • Major Image (Illus)
    • Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • Charm Person (Ench)
    Bonus Spells
    The ongoing Power Word Pain spell continues to hit the greenspawn. (1d6)[5]

Eiko tumbles down the hallway to G9, attempting to block the spawn from escaping then casts power word pain on the whitespawn.

Acrobatics - (1d20+21)[34]
    New Power Word Pain: (1d6)[4] - (4d4)[1][3][1][1](6) rounds duration.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Forgot the cloud of knives. Attack vs the whitespawn.
    (1d20+11)[31] - (1d6+3)[8]

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: And that was a natural 20, so... crit confirm?
    Show
    (1d20+11)[18] - (1d6+3)[8]

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

"My, what a lovely party this has turned into, Your Highness. Any chance you could lend a hand?" Þ says dryly with a glance at Ali. Þ takes a small step to reposition herself, then strikes at the bluespawn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Þ steps to Z9, hoping to flank with Ali (I won't include flanking in the attack in case Ali doesn't qualify to flank with).
    Attack - (1d20+9)[13], Bludgeoning Damage - (1d10+5)[9]
    Secondary Touch Attack - (1d20+4)[11] Negative Energy - (1d8+5)[6], forces DC 13 Fort save vs permanent paralysis if attack hits(if applicable to dragonspawn).

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)
    Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9, Base Attack Bonus +4

Show
    Steeldance x2, Extended Flame Dagger, Whirling Blade x2 x3, Ice Dagger, Extended Persistent Blade, Expeditious Retreat, Persistent Blade, Nerveskitter

Show
    Steeldance (expires this round), Persistent Blade (4)
    Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[19] - force - (1d4+2)[6] (Adding +2, because I'm assuming the whitespawn counts as an Arcanist for Favored Enemy...)

Tsuki's steeldance attacks the transformed redspawn in front of her.
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[19] - (1d4+16)[20]
    Steeldance Dagger - (1d20+12)[27] - (1d4+16)[17]

Tsuki attempts to tumble away from the redspawn and crouch behind the bed (N2) as her dancing daggers return to her hands. Acrobatics - (1d20+11)[22]

She then casts her final Whirling Blade - (1d20+12)[18] - (1d4+9)[13].
    Last edited by Rizban; 2015-11-09 at 06:41 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

26. - Top - End - #116

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    I somewhat question Eiko's judgment in abandoning her Sneak Attacking soul partner from a flanking position with what is clearly the greatest threat.

And yes, Ali isn't flanking with Þ because he's hovering.

Also, ugh, I HATE that the Topic Review under a replying post doesn't show the actual rolls. I have to keep jumping back and forth.

"Well I, I would, but such isn't the place, I mean for a host-" he stammers, wavering back and forth in midair.

The Bluespawn roars, its tough hide resisting Þ's punch but limiting its movement enough to leave it open to the ravages of Negative Energy. It is a hardy beast, and manages to resist its muscles being locked. It lowers its horn to Þ's face, and with a bellow lets loose a beam of electric energy directly into the Lich's electric-immune body.

The Whitespawn grits its teeth, scowling to see the Elf tumbling ahead. Its eyes narrow as it fights against the pain in its head, and the blade of force stabs it between the shoulders.
    "ALRIGHT, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!" it screeches, changing its stance. Its bonelike armor rattles as its body shakes, its anger pumping up its strength. With practiced and unlikely grace it whirls the rusted chain around itself and lashes out twice at Eiko, then steps forward to close the distance. Both strikes land, dealing a total of 28 damage to her (only 18 after DR).

Seeing his ally rushing into battle, the Blackspawn also jumps into the fray. He starts to move forward but instead of lashing out with his weapon, he launches a glob of vitriolic spit at Eiko. It deals a mere 2 Acid damage, and fortunately Eiko's movement is swift enough that it doesn't blind her.

The rampaging Redspawn in the guise of an Aspect of Tiamat continues to rage. Tsuki's second Steeldance dagger strikes for substantial damage, but her other attacks do not. The Redspawn snaps at the bed with two heads but can't wedge herself behind it well enough to actually get Tsuki, so she instead stomps down on it, crushing it in a flurry of splinters. Tsuki's DR mitigates all damage from the splinters, but the bed no longer provides cover to defend.

27. - Top - End - #117

"Thanks, your Highness." Þ says dryly as she starts trying to scoot around the bluespawn. Moving as far as she dares, Þ again strikes at the brute next to her.

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step to Y8, followed by:
    Attack - (1d20+9)[12], Bludgeoning Damage - (1d10+5)[12]
    Touch Attack - (1d20+4)[22], Negative Energy - (1d8+5)[11].

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Init 5, HP 16/48, DR 10/magic SR 25, Speed 30ft. Fly 60ft. (good)
    Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9, Base Attack Bonus +4

Show

Show
    Persistent Blade (3)
    Tsuki's persistent blade continues to harass the whitespawn. Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[28] - force - (1d4+2)[5]

Tsuki attempts to tumble away from the redspawn, moving out of the room, past the black spawn, stopping in G8 (should be exactly 60ft movement) Acrobatics - (1d20+11)[31]
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Crit confirm on the Persistent Blade
    Show
    Persistent Blade - (1d20+8)[19] - force - (1d4+2)[3]
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the slow response. I kind of stopped keeping up with things in this game and didn't realize I'd missed an update.

As to abandoning her flanking partner, I didn't expect Tsuki to stay in the room and figured we'd have better luck where we had more room to maneuver.
    Show
    Standard
    • Cloud of Knives (Conj)
    • Major Image (Illus)
    • Power Word Pain (Ench)
    • Charm Person (Ench)
    Bonus Spells
    Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the greenspawn. (1d6)[6] (7 rounds remain)
    Ongoing Power Word Pain spell vs the whitespawn. (1d6)[4] (5 rounds remain)
    Cloud of Knives vs whitespawn. (1d20+11)[20] - (1d6+3)[4]+6=10 (final round)

Ignoring her immediate foes for the moment, Eiko shouts to Þ. "Þ! Group up! Lead it this way if it will follow!"

She then tumbles to L10 and casts major image on Þ's space, creating a duplicate on him in the exact space he already occupies, hopefully confusing the bluespawn long enough for Þ to back away and regroup with she and Tsuki and causing it to waste time attacking the image rather than the person.
    Acrobatics - (1d20+21)[36]

As a free action, she drops caltrops via the cantrip into the whitespawn's space (H10).
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2015-11-20 at 07:37 AM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show