New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Wisdom based Face character [Pathfinder]

So, one of the combos I found early in my pathfinder career was combining the Conversion Inquisition (Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate are Wis-based instead of Cha) with the infiltrator archetype (add Wis to Bluff and Diplomacy). This allowed me to make a character who functioned as a face with a Wis of 22 and a Cha of 5 (werewolf game, so we all had +2 Wis/-2 Cha after normal racials). Now, for that particular character, I just played her like a high Cha character. She honestly would have made more sense as one, but inquisitor was perfect mechanically, and the sheer levels of synergy were too good.

But now I find myself wondering: how would others in the playground roleplay a face character, with higher Bluff and Diplomacy mods than most Cha based faces, who had absolutely dumped Cha beyond recognition? How would you roleplay the Face of Wisdom?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wisdom based Face character [Pathfinder]

Option a: The Sage. You're quiet and don't project yourself much, but your words are so clever and insightful and just, you know, wise that even your enemies stop to listen.

Option b: Wormtongue. You're slimy and gross and generally unlikable, but you know EXACTLY what to say to get people to make them do what you want.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Wise people know it is better to listen than to speak. Let your opponents do the talking-they will set themselves up to be swayed by your incredible insight.
    Guides
    Monk dipping for pathfinder druids, a mini guide
    Trapped Under Ice-Geddy2112's guide to the Pathfinder Winter Witch
    I contributed to this awesome guide to chaotic good

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

RogueGuy

You understand people on a deep level. You have the wisdom to see all the right levers to pull to ensure they do as you wish.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

High wisdom but low charisma? Play him like an old school sherlock (Rathbone i believe his name was, the one from decades ago), be quiet and contemplative almost to the point of being surly yet offer insights and connotations to turn the situation to your advantage.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.