New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: If You Get Caught, You Die IC III

Celica pats her on the shoulder. Anaiya heads back to the palace, where Horus is currently sitting in a cage with a sign that reads "MANWHORE". Juanita is sitting atop her throne looking at him in annoyance.

2. - Top - End - #152

Anaiya bows when she returns to the throne room. "Celica is working on getting Horus' arm replaced now. I need to go to Granite to get something to help with Daryan's injuries, but I was also planning on looking into the incident with Elicia Snow and her alleged assassination of the king. Is there any information you have that would help with that investigation, Queen Juanita?"

3. - Top - End - #153

The medusa sighs. "Oh, that? Sorry but my Intel in Terrania has gotten worse since Chekov died. You probably know more than I do at this point."

4. - Top - End - #154

"Not really, no. I know that she was meeting with the king of Terrania to try convincing him to lift the trade embargos on herbs, and that she's supposedly the last one to see him alive, but that's about it."

5. - Top - End - #155

Juanita shrugs. "All I knew is that she is an alchemist."

6. - Top - End - #156

"Well, I guess I have my work cut out for me, then. I'll report what I've found as soon as I have a chance." She heads out and looks up to get an idea of what time it was. It had to be getting late, considering they'd gotten to Gale in late afternoon...

7. - Top - End - #157

It is, in fact, quite late at this point. Anaiya imagines Daryan will be staying the night in Janice's office.

8. - Top - End - #158

Anaiya frowns and heads back to the Facility. Hopefully she'd be able to stay there with him. If not... well, she would have to find a way to explain what had happened to Izolda...

9. - Top - End - #159

The Facility is closed when she arrives.

10. - Top - End - #160

With a weary sigh, Anaiya heads back to Izolda's, working out how to explain Daryan's condition on the way.

11. - Top - End - #161

The door opens and Izolda grabs Anaiya and drags her inside. Within seconds she is sitting in a chair with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders and a cup of tea in her hands.

12. - Top - End - #162

Anaiya considers arguing against the treatment, but decides against it. "I'm sorry Daryan couldn't be here with us tonight. He... well, he's been... injured." She tells Izolda about what had happened after they got back to Gale, finishing with the fact that she needs to go to Granite to get what Janice needed to help him make a full recovery. "Janice says that he's not at any real risk and that she can tend to most of his wounds, but the wounds that Relius' golem inflicted on him need specific treatment to heal properly."
    Last edited by Diachronos; 2015-10-02 at 08:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Izolda absorbs all of that information. "So, he finally stood up to his father...well I've been anticipating this for a long time. I honestly didn't think they'd both survive that, I always expekted one of them to kill the other before they stopped. Eh. Is good that he got it off his chest. Now he kan fokus on you."

14. - Top - End - #164

Anaiya sips her tea, half mumbling to herself. "If he even still wants me after what I did in Sinnoh..."

15. - Top - End - #165

Izolda waves a hand airily. "Ridikulous. My son doesn't have an angry bone in his body. He won't hold anything against you."

16. - Top - End - #166

"Maybe, but he seemed plenty angry at me for what I did." Anaiya takes another sip of tea. "After what happened earlier, I think I understand why he was so upset."

17. - Top - End - #167

Izolda smiles. "If you know what you did was wrong, then you won't do it again. Apologize and he'll forgive you, simple as that my dear. You really worry too much. The young boy doesn't ask much of you, does he? So you don't have to hold yourself to some impossible standard."

18. - Top - End - #168

Anaiya finishes off her tea. "I'd better get to bed, I need to get started for Granite early tomorrow morning."

19. - Top - End - #169

Anaiya rests. Her dreams are filled with images from the last few days. She wakes up early in the morning and heads for the carriage.

Anaiya arrives in Granite after a time. The city appears to be in an uproar. Broken glass and empty stores signal there has been looting and there are signs of fire damage everywhere. The people are yelling in the streets as the guards rush to contain them. Signs calling for Elicia Snow to be executed are waved by the protestors.

20. - Top - End - #170

Well, this is a pleasant sight to walk in on... Anaiya heads straight for the University, hoping to find Leona or at least some information on her location.

21. - Top - End - #171

The university is still open, with a pair of alchemically enhanced guards standing outside. They stop Anaiya and ask her where she is going. When she requests an audience with Leona, they let her pass.

Leona is sitting in her office. She looks up as Anaiya enters. "Oh. Hello. What can I do for you?"

Anaiya remembers what Celica told her. This woman's real identity is Cynthia the Lust, and she is the one responsible for trying to poison the sewer system.

22. - Top - End - #172

Anaiya finds it a little hard to keep her anger under control upon seeing the woman. What could possibly be worth killing everyone in Gale?

"I was hoping you could provide a little insight into this situation with Elicia Snow."
    Last edited by Diachronos; 2015-10-03 at 08:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ah ah ah. Anaiya still doesn't have that information in-character. She has no idea why Leona was poisoning the sewer system.

The alchemy professor sits back in her chair. "The king's cause of death was arsenic poisoning. Elicia Snow visited the castle in order to discuss the relaxing of trade embargoes. During her visit, the king had dinner. This was confirmed by the chef and the servant who delivered the meal to the throne room. At the time, Snow and His Majesty were the only two people in the room. She left, and he died an hour later."

24. - Top - End - #174

"So the accusation is that Elicia poisoned his dinner during that meeting, I take it? And there was absolutely nobody in the room other than Elicia and the king?" That couldn't be right... Why would the king of Terrania meet with someone from another nation, especially one that there were trade disputes with, without having anybody around to defend him if things turned violent?

25. - Top - End - #175

Leona nods. "You have a solid grasp of the situation," she affirms.

26. - Top - End - #176

"...This isn't sitting right with me. Why would the king meet with a representative from another country by himself, especially when they're discussing trade arrangements? On top of that, if she's the one who poisoned his food, she would have had to have either been involved in preparing or delivering it, or she would have had to poison it while she was in the room with him. I mean, either of those are technically doable, but she would have to be particularly good at sleight of hand to do it without being seen."

Anaiya crosses her arms and frowns as she considers the information available. "I think someone is setting her up, maybe to start a conflict between Zephyria and Terrania."

27. - Top - End - #177

Leona looks up at her. "Look outside. The people love their king. Surely you don't think a Terranian is setting her up?"

28. - Top - End - #178

"I can think of one who likely wouldn't think twice about doing it... But I honestly have no idea who would want to do something like this."

29. - Top - End - #179

Leona goes back to taking notes. "I'm not entirely sure why you care, but since you do, it may interest you to know that Elicia Snow has confessed to the crime. She was also searched and the guards found a half-full bottle of arsenic in her pocket. Hers were the only fingerprints on the bottle."

30. - Top - End - #180

"Wait, what? She confessed? Did she say why she did it?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sense Motive: taking 10, 31 + (1d8+2)[6]