1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Awakened Werewolf

{{ And look, it's my two pixie hunters, come to get me. }}

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Flena's just hunting pixie because it's the next dish on the menu. For the record, Flena is perfectly prepared to discriminate against all inferior races equally as they are all food to him - especially gnomes because everyone knows that gnomes are food ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    ((Flena's just hunting pixie because it's the next dish on the menu. For the record, Flena is perfectly prepared to discriminate against all inferior races equally as they are all food to him - especially gnomes because everyone knows that gnomes are food ))
    First of all how dare you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    "They're just killing each other! They're just killing each other without a care or thought! There's not that many of us, we can't just die! I know that you were acting in self defense, but you killed the other gnome! That was the first person I ever saw! And now another dwarf who I couldn't even talk to is dead! What's going on? Why is the world broken? Why are so many people who I have ties to dying? It doesn't make sense!" Steve breaks down into sobbing, rocking himself quietly back and forth in a corner of his little cave he called home.
    The gnomes sit next to him, consoling their new friend. They ask what could be done to help.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

(Fleeing Coward, because how more obviously evil can you get?)

A dark mote flits through the trees, hiding in the foliage. A wing shields peering eyes from the blinding light, but the owner still tries to watch over the situation.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    The gnomes sit next to him, consoling their new friend. They ask what could be done to help.
    Steve grabbed one of the gnomes and clutched them in a crushing bear hug, sobbing violently all the while.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Abby wakes up and looks around. Hey, where'd Sunshine go?

((Fleeing Coward for RP reasons. I don't have time for analysis at the moment, too many midterms.))
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

7. - Top - End - #247

RedKnightGirl

My analysis from Day 3 stands.
    BasketOfPuppies until something changes my mind.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

((Switching to [COLOR="#FF0000"]Zar Peter[/COLOR] because yeah don't lynch us pixies!))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-11-13 at 01:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Steve grabbed one of the gnomes and clutched them in a crushing bear hug, sobbing violently all the while.
    Tiny accepts the rib-crushing grip and gives Steve a hug back.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Zar Peter's vote there looks slightly opportunistic.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2015-11-12 at 09:37 AM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

11. - Top - End - #251

Don't vote me. I didn't even make a seer yet!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

You're claiming to be the Awakened, Zar? If you are, you presumably already know who all the wolves and power roles are and I see no reason for you to vote for anyone, least of all start a bandwagon, especially as neither side should consider you a threat.
    Last edited by Caelestion; 2015-11-11 at 06:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Awakened Werewolf:

A surprisingly serious game from Poppa Penguinator.

"There are rumours of other realms. Magical places, with mystical beings. Beings which are so powerful that they have become bored with their own existence, and seek to create that of others. Some believe that these beings were once mortal, or perhaps are still, and yet others believe that a greater being watches over them; a fatherly figure which sees these beings as no more than children at play. One who occasionally steps in to realign the playing pieces of their child's work.
    ...But, of course, they are only rumours."
    ~Tamoran Fy'erik, Storyteller

This game is here to test the Awakened mechanic for future use in my own (or possibly other) games.

Make sure to read all the rules carefully.

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    THIS IS A NO PM GAME! If you are caught sending PMs or sharing your personal QT, you will be out of the game. This includes quoting any QTs.

Each player will have their own personal QT, to send in night actions and ask questions.

No making your own QTs and inviting people over. (Someone asked)

Game ends when one side wipes out the other or when that becomes inevitable.

If there is no kill at night, the reason may or may not be revealed. And if not outright stated, it may be heavily implied.

Roleplaying is heartily encouraged, as it gives me something to work with for narrations. I hate having to write something like, "Well, Player X has no character, so when they died, nobody missed them."

Penguinator's Rule Of Meta Invocation and Slander Expectations (PROMISE):
    No bringing up previous Penguinator games as a basis for factual evidence in this game. Somebody does it every game, and the information they use is almost always incorrect. It gets really old.

Things that make this game different from many a Penguinator game:

Spoiler
    Show
    Roles are revealed on death.

You are free to edit posts. I will, however, discourage deletion of posts.

No lynch majority is required, and there is no minimum number to lynch.

Ties result in both (or all) players being lynched.

Days and nights are roughly 48 hours, rather than 72 and 48.

Not every player will have night actions at the game's start. It is, however, possible to gain night actions later, so make sure to check your QT at least once per day/night phase.

And as always, no exploiting loopholes.

Things that make this game different from most games in general:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~This game has many experimental aspects. I can't promise balance, but the main idea is to test the Awakening mechanic for future games.

~This game includes one or more neutral roles.

~Death may not be the definitive end of the game for any given player.

~Narrations matter, and may, in fact, offer hints.

~Ties result in multiple deaths.

~Again, no PMs.

~Posting at night is not permissible, and doing so may get you killed.

~If I have received all night actions, I may cut off the night early.

~Ramsus' Scry Interference rules will be in effect. An accurate (Seer, Devil, etc.) scry which hits interference will be given a random result. An inaccurate (Fool, etc.) scry which hits interference becomes accurate.
    The Penguinator Corollary: If a role is given as a scry result, that role does exist in the game. (Ex. You will not receive a scry result of "Voider" if there is no Voider role in the game)

General Play:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This game is very much the Awakened's game. The Awakened has the power to control the players and the very cosmos themselves.

On night zero, every player begins as dust, waiting to be awakened into their true role. For the first day phase, every player is awakened as a villager. During the night, several players are awakened as wolves. From there, the Awakened has the power to tap into the potential of various powers.

Each night phase, or potentially each phase, the Awakened may create a new power role. The recipients of these powers are essentially random; the Awakened knows that the power has been created, but not what players have received said powers. (Ex. The Awakened does not know who the wolves are. Upon awakening a Seer, they do not learn who the Seer is.) I as the narrator reserve the right to create an equal or opposite power for the opposing team so that balance is maintained.

Aside from The Awakened, roles will be announced as they are awakened. The players should have a general idea of the level of power in play, even if they don't know who has those powers. Wolves will be connected upon reaching Night One, at which time they will be able to vote upon a night kill. Other roles and their specifications are up to the discretion of the Awakened and the Arbitrator.

A player who has been killed returns to dust, not necessarily out of the game. There may be roles or powers created which can return a player to life, albeit usually as a different role.

Note that roles are not decided before players awaken into them. There is no "master roles list," or anything similar. The town will not lose the "Seer" before the Awakened has created a "Seer" power. Naturally, the same holds true for the wolves.

When you sign up for the game, please indicate whether you would like to be considered for the role of The Awakened - this role will have many obligations and require a measure of creativity that other roles may not necessarily require.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Awakened:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Awakened is the driving force of the universe, seeking to create new powers in the world that it controls. An ambivalent force, it cares not whether the powers it creates are used for good or evil.

As a player, the Awakened is able to "Awaken" one type of power each night phase, or each phase in certain circumstances. This power may be from a list of roles, or a power of the player's creation/choosing. The Awakened does not learn who has received their blessing. In this way, they have no more information than any other player.

The Awakened has the ultimate goal of awakening a specific number of powers, or of a specific number of types of powers. The Awakened has no protection from death, but it is in no one's direct interest to kill them. If the Awakened is killed, neither side can have new powers. As such, it is in no one's best interest to destroy the Awakened.

The Awakened may, at the Arbitrator's discretion, create their own powers for the game.

The Arbitrator:
    This is Penguinator's title for Awakened Werewolf, rather than Narrator. The terms are interchangeable. The Arbitrator is a force of balance in the universe, seeking to keep a check on the Awakened, all the while telling of its story. The Arbitrator has the ability to create equal and opposite powers to the Awakened's creations. For example, if the Awakened creates a "Seer" for the village, the Arbitrator has the power to create a "Devil" for the wolves, or even a "Fool" for the town, or both.

The Village:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no set roles list for either the villagers or the wolves. What roles are awakened is up to the discretion of the Awakened. A villager will know for certain that they are part of the village after night one. A villager's duties include voting and checking their QT to see if they have been Awakened. Villagers win by getting rid of the opposing wolves. The villagers have no direct reason to oppose The Awakened.

The Wolves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wolves are awakened and connected on night one. Each night, the wolves may vote on a target to kill. This kill can be blocked or baned, or so on. Like the Village, the wolves have no set list of power roles. The ultimate goal for the wolves is to reach an equal number of wolves and town. The wolves have no direct reason to oppose The Awakened.

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    # Players Awakened? Killed Role
    01 Ramsus Cored Components of... I dunno, a pear?
    02 Thematthew A While Back Ghost
    03 C'Nor Buttons punched Remote
    04 Xihirli Claimed too soon Devil
    05 AvatarVecna Self-voted Jester
    06 Duck999 Didn't Ignored Underdog
    07 Cuthalion Butchered Cow
    08 Lex-Kat Run off Pixie
    09 TFT On... fire Cliche Attractor
    10 Legato Endless Never Eternal Being
    11 GAAD Day One Wolf
    12 Elenna Water Everywhere Pyromancer
    13 Murska Jellied Eye
    14 Zar Peter Fell in a Vat of Alcohol Taste Tester
    15 Logic Out-Logic'd Chessmaster
    16 ThePhantom Couldn't Be Reached Phantom Caller
    17 firedaemon33 Early Tongue-Tied
    18 Silent_Interim Eaten by a Lion Mime in Disguise
    19 BasketOfPuppies Sold to a Good Home Ponies
    20 Mordokai Walked the Plank Swashbuckler
    21 Indarra Red Strikes True Chimera
    22 Shadow11615 For the Honor of a Girl Definitely a He
    23 Caelestion Some Strange Ritual Baatezu
    AL-1 Flaming Eagle Driven Extinct Roleplaying Eagle
    AL-2 Pelican Too many Crackers Polly the Pelican
    AL-3 Fleeing Coward Ever Notice How All The AL's are Birds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelestion View Post
    You're claiming to be the Awakened, Zar? If you are, you presumably already know who all the wolves and power roles are and I see no reason for you to vote for anyone, least of all start a bandwagon, especially as neither side should consider you a threat.
    Via the rules, no, Zar would NOT know who any of the wolves or powerroles are. But yes, no reason to kill him unless there's a counterclaim.

Show

By Howl

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, right, I missed that bit, but if he's the Awakened, he still has no reason to lead a bandwagon on anyone, because no one is a threat to him.

15. - Top - End - #255

The threat for me is to die. I wanted to prevent that by voting for someone who wasn't me. Didn't work the way I wanted so I changed tactics.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Well, if Zar isn't the Awakener, the real one might as well claim now. Neither side has any reason to kill them, and it's a claim that can easily be tested.

Otherwise, people should probably stop voting for him.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

BasketOfPuppies looks the most suspicious to me.
    Last edited by Logic; 2015-11-12 at 11:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Why is that?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Well, since Zar Peter seems to be a bad idea, let's lynch the Fleeing Coward, instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunshine thinks she hears a voice coming from the southern most tunnel, and follows in the direction.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Can I get some explanation? That's the 2nd unsupported vote for me.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #261

Looks like everyone's just shooting blind considering that I'm in the lead with 2 RP votes and Lex being Lex.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

I actually just don't believe Zar's claim. Call it a hunch.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

You were blatantly bussing, if that helps.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm going to give it a few more hours. Get those votes in.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #265

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Spoiler: Analysis
    Show

I posted in post 152 that if FD33 flipped wolf, Murska would look town. They did, and thus he does.

People who, at one point, voted Murska:
    Ramsus, for inactivity
    Me, for OMGUS
    BOP, to start a bandwagon
    FD33, claiming self-preservation, but obviously in hindsight trying to get Murska lynched.
    Shadow11615 for inactivity.

Ramsus had legitimate reasons for voting Murska.
    FD33 was a wolf trying to save their bacon.
    I voted for a silly reason and later changed my vote.
    BasketOfPuppies… just wanted to join a bandwagon. This seems like extremely wolfish behaviour.
    Shadow joined late enough, after FD33 slipped, that he might have wished to save FD33.

TLDR:
    BasketOfPuppies, for bandwagoning Murska without a reason.
    Shadow11615, for joining in on the Murska bandwagon late, after FD33 slipped and there was no reason to vote for Murska.
    You asked for an explanation. I provided one the previous day.

Show

By Howl

26. - Top - End - #266

I missed that. Thanks GAAD.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #267

After spending most of the day scouring the forest, Flena emerges with a crudely crafted recurve bow and a deerskin quiver that's holding a bunch of arrows made from a mysterious substance he calls Aelfwood. With all preparations complete, he starts searching the plains for his new targets.

((BasketofPuppies for survival. I'm actually a pixie according to Pengi but for RP purposes, I'm going all out evil because RPing a secretly evil pixie that attempts to befriend then betray Sunshine felt boring and I had my evil elf mapped out for awhile ))
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2015-11-13 at 05:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

I see a severe lack of evidence for FC, and much more evidence for BoP. If I did miss the FC evidence somewhere, can someone please point it out?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Duck999. I don't like that last vote.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

I see a severe lack of evidence for FC, and much more evidence for BoP. If I did miss the FC evidence somewhere, can someone please point it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Duck999. I don't like that last vote.
    This one? What's wrong with it?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.