New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

A kobold- having seen Krey gesture him/herself as the target for Jeff -decides to throw his Javelin in the dog's direction. Attack on Jeff - (1d20)[8] Damage - (1d4-1)[2] The dart scores some fur, but the dog is unharmed.
    Although he didn't see his master's command, Jeff- angry at the attempt on his life -charges the kobold. Attack on Kobold - (1d20+3)[10] Bite - (1d6+3)[6]

Despite the attack on their comrade, the other kobolds dedicate their assault to the party. Arianelle - (1d20)[12] Krey - (1d20)[13] Gauli - (1d20)[18] Thargol - (1d20)[7] Mexanis - (1d20)[6](cover bonus applies) Arianelle - (1d20)[20]
    Damage rolls (if hit): Arianelle - (1d4-1)[1] Krey - (1d4-1)[1] Gauli - (1d4-1)[0] Thargol - (1d4-1)[0] Mexanis - (1d4-1)[0] Arianelle - (1d4-1)[0]
    The first javelin hits Arianelle's buckler squarely, knocking her off balance. Before she recovers from the blow a second missile plunges through her chainshirt, and rests more than an inch deep in her side. The blow was critical and would've been fatal had the weapon not been dart-sized. (critical-hit. 4 damage to Arianelle)
    Krey feels his eyebrow become slightly shorter after flinching at another head-aim,ed javelin.
    Gauli finds that while he was pulling out the dart, another one strokes him cleanly across the his chin, leaving a cut as deep as a hair is thick on his Adam's-apple. (1 point of damage to Gauli, you might want to equip that shield)
    Thargol slides his leg out of the flightpath of an oncoming javelin.
    Mexanis ducks just fast enough fro him to keep his ear.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Jeff
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now Mexanis' turn.

((Oh yes, everyone please update your current hitpoints.))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-16 at 12:03 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis, still slightly staggared fromt the Kobolds javalin, sees the kobold standing over the pit where Garis fell, and manages to concentrate on the word of power through the pain.
    Fortana Frigidus!

As he says this, an orb of icy blue flies from his hand at the kobold.
    (1d20)[1]

3. - Top - End - #93

((Assuming the roll was for if the spell hit))
    The orb hits a bush- several feet away from the kobold -and freezes it.
    The kobold looks at the bush puzzled, but decides to get back to the task of throwing darts at the party. Thargol - (1d20)[7] it decides on the half-orc being the closest. Damage - (1d4-1)[0]
    The javelin falls one foot away from the monk's feet.

Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
    t   #### #k#k#t ## #k#####       t
         #k########k#k#########             
    t ##k###       ###           #
    #   ##              #k###  t    t     
                     OOk #k#### #        t   
     t      t J  T   OO #k###k
     k#     M G         #k##k#     #
    # t       A          #k#    t 
           #  #K       #t    
     t    #k###k##     #k#         t
           # k#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (now in cover). A = Arianelle. G = Gauli. T = Thargol. B = Beast. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into.
    k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Jeff
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now, Gauli's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-17 at 12:18 AM.
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gauli is attacking the Kobold next to the bushes and Arianelle.
    (1d20+3)[5] - Attack

The Dwarf shifted his weight onto one foot, grinding a sound over his bloody throat. He closed with the closest scaly Kobold he could see and swung his Waraxe with a vicious snarl on his lips.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-06-17 at 01:35 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95

((I believe the kobold you're targeting is actually Krey. K = Krey k = kobold. The difference (as you can see) is that one is a capital.
    I'll change the target to the kobold right below Krey - since Enlong wouldn't appreciate the action))

The kobold (having drawn his spear at seeing Krey's charge) blocks the shaft of Gauli's War-axe with its spear. Another kobold continues the assault by attacking Krey. "Ssshhrekkth!" it hisses.
    Krey - (1d20)[12] Damage - (1d4-1)[1] The druid's enchanted staff smashes the shaft in mid flight, glowing green as the blow was struck.

The opponent of Jeff, meanwhile, draws its spear and stabs at the dog. Jeff - (1d20)[1] damage - (1d6-1)[5] Jeff cleverly snatches the miniature spear in his teeth. The shaft is reduced to splinters.
    Although kobolds are generally emotionless creatures, fear was very distinct in this one's expression.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Jeff
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now, Arianelle's turn.

Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
                     OOk #k#### #        t   
     t      t    T   OO #k###k
     k#     M           #k##k#     #
    # t       A          #k#    t 
           J  GK       #t    
           # k#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (now in cover against range). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle. G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Thargol. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree.

((Note to MeklorIlavator: Please update your current hitpoints [you should have 3 out-of 4] to avoid future confusion.))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-17 at 06:27 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arianelle's breath hisses out as the javelin stabs in, but she only gives it a glance. I can breathe and stand. Can't be that bad. Light guide my hands... She takes a long step towards the pit trap and hurls her sling bullet at the Kobold by its edge, then pockets the weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step up/right, sling attack on the kobold adjacent to the trap (just inside a range increment) attack (1d20+2)[8](10) damage (1d4+1)[5], stow the sling.

7. - Top - End - #97

The bullet, unfortunately, deflects off the kobold's leather armour ((remember they get +4 to AC against ranged attack while in foliage)) and falls into the pit between the kobold and Arianelle. "Grah!" echoes from the pit.
    The other kobolds throw their javelins once more.
    Attacks: Arianelle - (1d20)[14] Krey - (1d20)[2](cover) Krey - (1d20)[5](cover) Jeff - (1d20)[11](half-cover) Thargol - (1d20)[14] Gauli - (1d20)[6](half-cover) Arianelle - (1d20)[7] Gauli - (1d20)[19](half-cover) Mexanis - (1d20)[11](cover)
    Damage (if hit): Arianelle - (1d4-1)[3] Krey - (1d4-1)[2] Krey - (1d4-1)[3] Jeff - (1d4-1)[3] Thargol - (1d4-1)[1] Gauli - (1d4-1)[2] Arianelle - (1d4-1)[0] Gauli - (1d4-1)[0] Mexanis - (1d4-1)[3]
    Arianelle dodges both attacks, very alert since her last injury.
    Jeff steps back to avoid a javelin, prolonging the opposing kobold's existence.
    Krey's armour is torn by two javelins, but his flesh remains intact.
    Thargol dodges slightly too late, his arm is cut badly. (1 point of damage)
    Gauli blocks the first blow with his axe, but the second stabs into his leg. (1 point of damage, can't run or charge for the rest of the round unless the wound is treated)
    Mexanis peers around the tree, ducking back just in time to keep his head's contents where they are.

((Since Enlong is on vacation, I will be NPCing Krey till his return)) Attack - (1d20+2)[14] Damage - (1d8)[3]
    Krey trades blows with his racial enemy vigorously. Neither combatants take any injury worth mentioning.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Jeff
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now, Thargol's turn.

Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
                     OOk #k#### #        t   
     t      t    T   OO #k###k
     k#     M  A        #k##k#     #
    # t                  #k#    t 
           J  GK       #t    
           # k#  #      #    t
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-18 at 12:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98

Thargol

Already reeling from his multiple wounds, Thargol tries to reassert the situation. We need to free the gnoll or we´ll die. There is something I can do....
    He sets his eyes the Kobold above the pit, the one poised to strike down those who would climb from their prison. He sets his feet and charges, dircetly towards the edge of the pit, leaps....clear of the Edge. Sailing through the air, his arms guarding his torso, his right leg coiled back.

And then, the leg viciously lashes out....

Spoiler
    Show
    Jump Check: (1d20+9)[12]
    Attack roll: (1d20+3)[12]
    Damage roll: (1d6+3)[8]
    Last edited by Kioran; 2007-06-18 at 01:38 AM.
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

9. - Top - End - #99

The kobold thrusts it spear at the flying half-orc. Although the head of the weapon missed, the shaft managed to strike squarely against his foot, causing the spear to snap. Continuing through the spear, Thargol's leg pounds the kobold hard in the chest of his padded armour, sending him reeling back into a bush. Crash! Although still living (just), the kobold decided not to even bother. ((So, was that a lethal or non-lethal attack?)) "Rahg grr-rah!" Gaariss congratulates.
    Another kobold, meanwhile, notices the distress his/her comrade is in, and attacks Jeff by throwing his/her spear. Attack - (1d20)[18] Damage - (1d6-1)[4] "Rarooo!" howls Jeff, as the spear stabs into his shoulder. He growls viciously and prepares to lunge at the closest enemy, leaving the kobold in front of him very nervous.

New formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
                     OOT>xk#### #        t   
     t      t        OO #k###k
           J  GK       #t    
           # k#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (now in cover against range). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle. G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Thargol. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. > = Direction kobold was knocked in. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks).

End of round 1.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-18 at 04:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Beginning of Round 2.

Jeff's Attack - (1d20+3)[4] Damage - (1d6+3)[5]
    One of the kobolds- a relation of some sort to the one who was kicked -rushes over to his brother/sister/cousin/nephew/uncle/aunt and tries to administer healing and a check on how wounded he/she is Heal - (1d20+3)[8].
    Another kobold- who is also a relation (it is very common for a kobold to have at least fifty close relations and two-hundred distant ones) -rushes at Thargol, spear brandished. Attack - (1d20)[9] Damage - (1d6-1)[4]
    Disgusted by the selfish action of breaking from the group, another kobold throws his javelin at Thargol, not even bothering to avoid hitting the kobold in melee. Attack - (1d20)[13] Damage - (1d4-1)[1] Hit Chance - (1d100)[70] (one to fifty means the attack will be fired at the kobold. fifty-one to one-hundred means the attack is aimed at Thargol)
    A different kobold attacks thargol in such a way as to avoid hitting his ally Attack - (1d20-4)[11] Damage - (1d4-1)[0]
    Two other kobolds fire at the party. Krey - (1d20)[13] Mexanis - (1d20)[5]
    Damage if hit: Krey - (1d4-1)[3] Mexanis - (1d4-1)[2]

Despite the numerous attacks, Thargol comes through the frenzy with only scratches.
    At the same time as sidestepping away from a spear-thrust, Krey also avoided a javelin aimed at his heart.
    Mexanis jumps to the side of a dart heading at his knee.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Jeff
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now, Mexanis' turn.

Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
                     OOTkx##### #        t   
     t      t        OO #\###k
           J  GK       #t    
           # k#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (now in cover against range). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle. G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Thargol. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks) and a kobold standing over him/her (also has cover against ranged attacks). \ = Direction kobold traveled in.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-18 at 06:18 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis sees Krey dodge the spear, and a glint of metal from the third Kobolds spear. Gathering the words of power, he casts yells

Porcarii arvina

Spoiler
    Show
    Grease on the Kobold on the rank behind the ones that Krey and Jeff are fighting. Like so.[save DC is 16]

J GK #t
    t #k###k## #k# t
    # k# # # t
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2007-06-18 at 02:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Reflex - (1d20+2)[9] The kobold almost goes flying from its confused movement on the slippery floor. It tries to get up again, each time it falls.
    Jeff's prey draws its vegetable-knife-sized dagger and tries to stab the dog. He, however, had been waiting for the kobolds next attack, and pounces on him just as he draws the knife. Attack - (1d20+3)[21] Damage - (1d6+3)[6] Jeff catches the kobold's torso, shakes it around hard, and flings the now messed-up creature to the ground. He decides to help his master, and so runs behind the gnome's opponent.
    ((note: I deleted a roll since the kobold who made it is now dead-ish.))

New Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
                     OOTkx##### #        t   
     t      t        OO #####k
           #  GK       #t    
     t    #x##Jk##     #k#         t
           # z#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (now in cover against range). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle. G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Thargol. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks) and a kobold standing over him/her (also has cover against ranged attacks). z = Prone kobold. Sienna = Greased area.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Jeff (due to readied action)
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now, Gauli's turn.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-18 at 11:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Gauli flung himself at the Kobold again, swinging his axe at the blur his teary eyes saw as the closest thing to a demon. His world was a mishmash of colors and clarity. Blood ran down his throat, soaking clothes, armor and hair and giving him a feral quality that shone in his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21]

With a ferocious roar he soaked up the tremor as his weapon pushed through the Kobold. "I will not die today!" He bellowed. "I will not die! Scream and burn in Baator you filthy dirt-grubber! Die! His eyes bulged out of his face with every word. He shivered as the wind hit him and caressed his tingling skin. Gauli didn't have the presence of mind to wonder of his body was playing tricks on him.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-06-19 at 02:28 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

((You forgot to make the damage roll. I've made the roll privately, and it seems you've got him/her.)) The kobold steps back and blocks with his/her spear, but the axe slices through it easily, and continues on to meet the kobold. Blood splatters over the ground. The kobold falls over spinning. "ye'ip!" it spouts weakly.
    Two kobolds vengefully throw their javelins at Gauli. Attack - (1d20)[17] Attack - (1d20)[14] (+2 to AC against these attacks).
    Damage - (1d4-1)[0] Damage - (1d4-1)[2]

Initiative:
    Kobold
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold

New formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
                     OOTkx##### #        t   
           #  GK       #t    
     t    #x##Jx##     #k#         t
           # z#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (now in cover against range). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle. G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Thargol. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks) and a kobold standing over him/her (also has cover against ranged attacks). z = Prone kobold. Sienna = Greased area.

15. - Top - End - #105

Arianelle watches Thargol's leaping charge with alarm. Half-orc's going to get himself killed jumping in like that... She sees the kobold go flying, and winces. And them too...I can distract some of them. Arianelle switches her sickle to her right hand and charges into the same bushes at the nearest kobold, shouting at Thargol as she runs: "Don't bother that medic!"

Crashing into the sheltering greenery, she slashes at the little javelineer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge straight to the right.
    attack (1d20+3)[20](23) damage (1d6+1)[4]
    AC 15

16. - Top - End - #106

Arianelle watches helplessly as the sickle moves with a terrible precision. Light guard this one...
    Spoiler
    Show
    crit confirmation (1d20+3)[4](7) crit damage added (1d6+1)[2]

17. - Top - End - #107

((Sorry for not posting sooner. The internet was out all day.))
    The attack slices into the kobold easily. Blood spurts over Arianelle's legs as the kobold flops to the ground -- less than a millimeter was all the distance between the sickle and death for the "little javelineer". The kobold is badly wounded and dying, but not dead of yet.

Javelins fly at the party once again. Arianelle - (1d20)[6](with half-cover) Krey - (1d20)[13](with cover) Krey - (1d20)[8](with cover) Thargol - (1d20-1)[10](due to distance) Mexanis - (1d20)[20](with cover) Gauli - (1d20)[19](with half-cover) Mexanis - (1d20)[4](without cover) Gauli - (1d20)[15](with half-cover) Jeff - (1d20)[9]
    Damage rolls (if hit): Arianelle - (1d4-1)[2] Krey - (1d4-1)[2] Krey - (1d4-1)[2] Thargol - (1d4-1)[3] Mexanis - (1d4-1)[0] Gauli - (1d4-1)[0] Mexanis - (1d4-1)[3] Gauli - (1d4-1)[0] Jeff - (1d4-1)[1]
    Gauli's helmet is knocked off by a javelin, his head is also cut badly. The second dart is halted a foot away from the dwarf's leg by a bush. (1 point of damage to Gauli)
    Mexanis' back suddenly alights with fiery pain. A foot-and-a-half long javelin sticks out from the Wizard's back-- luckily the injury was not critical --. A second attack comes from Mexanis front. It misses, Mexanis having kneeled from pain. (1 point of damage to Mexanis)
    A javelin zaps past Arianelle's head.
    Krey ducks into the foliage, pursued by two javelins. He stands up again unharmed.
    A javelin flies toward Thargol. A strong wind causes it to fall five feet short, into the pit. "Yreip!" yelps Gaariss.

Krey dashes toward a kobold only a few feet away from Arianelle. He clasps his right hand, his knuckles whitening. A red glow escapes his fingers. He opens his hand, flames raise strongly from it at the taste of forest air. The gnome aims at the kobold before him, and throws. "Arianelle!" Krey shouts. "Get away from there!" Touch-Attack - (1d20)[12] Damage - (1d6+1)[4] The fire misses the kobold. The foliage it stands in, however, is set alight. The blast of flame knocks the kobold to the ground. Still alive, but barely conscious, the kobold tries to crawl away from the inferno, itself still ablaze.
    The fire spreads quickly through the unresistant bushes, kobolds doing their best to get away.

New formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
                     OOTkx##### #        t   
     k#     M           Ax##k#     #
    # t            K   z ###    t 
           #  G#       #t    
           # z#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (no longer in cover). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Thargol. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks) and a kobold standing over him/her (also has cover against ranged attacks). z = Prone kobold. Sienna = Greased area. Red = Burning.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now, Thargol's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-20 at 10:33 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Thargol

With the injuries starting to tell, Thargol moves forward a step, grunting from the pain, moving between the group of Kobolds around the downed one, viciously striking the Kobold not occupied with healing

Spoiler
    Show
    Flurry of blows:
    Attack 1(1d20+1)[10]
    Attack 2(1d20+1)[8]
    Damage 1(1d6+3)[9]
    Damage 2(1d6+3)[5]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

19. - Top - End - #109

Neither strike touches the kobold.
    End of Round 2

Start of Round 3

The kobold Thargol attacked flanks him along with the other kobold. Attack - (1d20+2)[7] Attack - (1d20+2)[16] Damage - (1d6-1)[2] Damage - (1d6-1)[5]
    Thargol easily dodges the first strike, blocking the side of the shaft with his arm. The other kobold, however, attacks him from behind, and pierces his lung with its spear. The half-orc falls to the ground in pain. Death will come for him soon... (Thargol takes 5 damage, and is now at -1hp. He will die in 9 rounds [much fewer if the kobolds decide to Coup-De-Grace him])
    Two kobolds throw their Javelins at Arianelle, retreating from the fire immediately after. Attack - (1d20)[20](with half-cover) Attack - (1d20)[13](with half-cover) Damage - (1d4-1)[3] Damage - (1d4-1)[0]
    The first kobold strikes true, its javelin stabbing deeply into Arianelle's shoulder. Although her vision is blurred by the platter of her own blood, she manages to slices the second javelin so that it falls harmlessly to the ground. (3 points of damage to Arianelle)
    The medic kobold tries once again to stabilize his/her friend. Heal - (1d20+3)[23] The kobold Medic stabilizes its friend very successfully. It glances at the advancing flame, and makes plans to move his/her friend.

The fire, meanwhile, spreads quickly.

Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
    #   ##              Tk###  t    t     
                     OO kx##### k        t   
     t      t        OO ######
     k#     M           Ax####     k
           #  G#       #t    
           # z#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (no longer in cover). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Dying Thargol (half-cover against range) [-1hp]. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks) and a kobold standing over him/her (also has cover against ranged attacks). z = Prone kobold. Sienna = Greased area. Red = Burning. Blue = Dying.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    5 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-20 at 12:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis sees a lone Kobold in the bushes to the left, not noticing the kobolds spear peircing Thargol. He sees no option but to run directly into the bushes next to it, and lanches his last offensive spell.
    Arrhenius
    Moving his hand in a pushing motion, and a few droplets of a green liquid splash towards the kobolds.

Spoiler
    Show

attack:[roll]1d20[roll]
    damage:[roll]1d3[roll]

21. - Top - End - #111

The kobold is too surprised to dodge. It passes-out as the green liquid collides.

Jeff charges at a kobold hiding in the bushes. Charge - (1d20+5)[19] Damage - (1d6+3)[7] "Griiiksh!" hisses the kobold, as Jeff tears at it. It is bleeding very badly.

Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
         #k########k#k#########             
    #   ##              Tk###  t    t     
                     OO kx##### k        t   
     t      t        OO ######
     xM                 Ax####     k
           #  G#       #t    
     t    #x###x##     Jx#         t
           # z#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). K = Krey (no longer in cover). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli (now in half-cover against range). T = Dying Thargol (half-cover against range) [-1hp]. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks) and a kobold standing over him/her (also has cover against ranged attacks). z = Prone kobold. Sienna = Greased area. Red = Burning. Blue = Dying.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Kobold

5 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now, Gauli's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-21 at 12:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Spent from his last outburst Gauli swept his eyes around the battlefield. He found Mexanis and jogged toward him with the idea that he would shield him from incoming harm. He didn't want to hit anything again unless he absolutely had to.

23. - Top - End - #113

((I'm glad you're all so caring for eachother, and willing to throw your lives on the line to rescue one of your own.... no wait, that's a different group.))
    Gauli is shielding Mexanis. Shield, shield, shield.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Kobold

5 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold

24. - Top - End - #114

Arianelle is about to grab the wounded kobold away from the flames when she sees Thargol collapse. Krey's too far to help with this fire... She gestures with her left hand towards the farther kobold threatening the fallen monk. "Let that one dread the bloodshed...and the other take his example..."

Lifting her little javelineer bodily, she lunges toward the kobolds and tumbles him at the feet of the one threatening Thargol. With little hope of breaking the apparent language barrier, she nonetheless snarls at the creature, brandishing her sickle. "Take your wounded and run. Go!"

Spoiler
    Show
    casting Cause Fear on the kobold right of Thargol, picking up the unconscious kobold (if it's less than 88 lb, managable), taking a 5 foot step up, and dropping the kobold one space up from that, into the space of the kobold down from Thargol.

And hoping for minor miracles...
    Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 2007-06-21 at 09:07 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

The cleric easily lifts up the wounded kobold, who falls at the feet of the attacker kobold. The attacker- his/her fear amplified by the confusion of Arianelle having carried (and given back) one of its own and the swiftly approaching flames -drops its spear and runs over the half-orc to get as far away as possible. The other kobold, seeing the retreat, decides to follow his companion. They leave the wounded kobold.

Other kobolds, looking at Gauli close in with Mexanis, take up the dwarf on what they believe a challenge, and all throw their Javlins at the wizard (causing Gauli to have all of them to fend off). Attack - (1d20)[19] Attack - (1d20)[14] Attack - (1d20)[10] Attack - (1d20)[11] Attack - (1d20)[9] Attack - (1d20)[3] Attack - (1d20)[18]
    Damage (if hit): Damage - (1d4-1)[0] Damage - (1d4-1)[1] Damage - (1d4-1)[2] Damage - (1d4-1)[3] Damage - (1d4-1)[2] Damage - (1d4-1)[0] Damage - (1d4-1)[0]
    The first and last darts-sized javelins pierce the Dwarf's armour, but leave him mostly alright. (2 points of damage to Gauli, none to Mexanis)

Krey watches the kobold crawl out of the flames with a grimace. He runs over to it and attempts to put it out of misery with his still enchanted Staff. Attack - (1d20+3)[11] Damage - (1d8+1)[5]
    The gnome stikes down hard on the kobold's neck. Crack! and the creature is dead.

Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
    t   #### #k#k#t ## k#k#k###       t
         k#k#######k#k####k####             
    t #####       ###           #
    #   ##              T####  t    t     
                     OO xx#####          t   
     tG     t        OOA######
     xM                 ######     k
           #  ##       #t    
     t    #x###x##     Jx#         t
           # k#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). K = Krey. J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli (no longer in cover). T = Dying Thargol (half-cover against range) [-2hp]. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in foliage, granting cover against ranged attacks). # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks) and a kobold standing over him/her (also has cover against ranged attacks). z = Prone kobold. Sienna = Greased area. Red = Burning. Blue = Dying. Yellow = Fleeing.

Thargol's turn is skipped since he's unconscious and dying (Thargol is now at -2 HP).
    End of Round 3

Start of Round 4

The kobold who slipped over from the grease spell (and hit his head on a rock, making it hard to see clearly for several seconds) stands up, now that the spell has worn away. Realizing that his/her good friend had been mauled by the riding dog, the kobold takes revenge to the best of its abilities. Jeff - (1d20-2)[3](due to distance) Damage - (1d4-1)[2] The javelin fails to hit Jeff, though it does alert him to another kobold's presence.
    Several other kobolds find that they are out of javelins, and decide to flee with their other comrades.

Initiative:
    Kobold
    Kobold

Kobold
    4 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Arianelle
    2 kobolds
    6 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-21 at 11:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Gauli, thank you for defending me. Now go after the kobolds, I'll be fine!
    As he says this, Mezanis ducks aroud the tree and crouches, attempting to hide from the javalins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diangonol step behind the tree.
    Also, FYI, I'm out of any offensive power.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2007-06-21 at 10:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

"You're coming with me, rotgut" Gauli snarls with all the blood he can muster. Matching the step Mexanis makes the Dwarf interposes himself between all the remaining Kobolds and the Wizard. Replacing his axe back where it was before the whole mess started, he tried to pull his companion along with him as he made his way toward Arianelle and Krey.

28. - Top - End - #118

((Sorry guys, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow for me to post. I've been feeling sick lately....))

((Edit: I feel too sick to DM. Gemini will take over until I'm well.
    Edit2: I've just heard back from Gemini, he should be posting the next part soon.))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-27 at 06:12 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello all, I'm back from vacation, and am ready to get back to the battle.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

Greetings from your co-DM. I've been working behind the scenes for a while, helping the current DM with running D&D, but alas, he has gotten sick, and will be unable to conitnue this campaign for a few days. I BEG YOU TO STAY WITH THIS!!!!!!11 I've seen too many games die like this, please, use the suscribtion option to keep an eye on this game, and DON'T LET IT FALL!! I would run this while he's gone, but it's different from how I run grids and whatnot and I don't want to confuse anyone or get myself confused. So please, just keep with this.