Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 380
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    The agile kobold evades any real damage from Thargol's attack. Still a few bruises and cuts are scored. [Miss.]

    Round 2

    The distant kobolds' attention is pulled away for a moment by a few mountain lions. Used to such beasts, the kobold spearmen take the front line, their slings throwing stones at the cat. Long-spearmen take the row behind, sending their own missiles. Behind that line, kobold crossbowmen load and fire their weapons. Spearmen and long-spearmen await guard the sides and back, ready to replace any wounded soldiers on the front-lines or surround the lions if they get the chance.

    Initiative:
    Arianelle 22
    Kobold3 20 [flatfooted]
    Krey Bom 19
    Mexanis Harik 10
    Kobold2 10 [flatfooted]
    Jeff 5
    Gauli Springwheather 4
    Kobold1 3 [flatfooted]
    Thargol --
    It is now Arianelle's turn.

    [Announcement: I've decided to use the Giant's rules for polymorph as Enlong suggested. Thanks for reminding me of polymorph, Enlong. ]
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-27 at 06:32 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Opposed Grapple Check - (1d20+3)[18]

    Aggrivated at the gall of the little lizard trying to evade him, Gauli tried to clamp his hands down on it spearheaded by the strange expression on his face, somewhere between slack and tense.

    (You're absolutely certain it's only +3? Where would the other +2 have come from? )
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-08-26 at 01:18 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    "Gauli, Krey, you need to run. Before they get close enough to see you." Arianelle grabs for the nearby crossbow-kobold again in a desperate attempt to render it unconscious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    grappling again. Touch attack (1d20+1)[20](21)
    grapple (1d20+1)[13](14)
    on sucess (1d3+1)[2] nonlethal damage

    If that manages to drop it, she'll move over to threaten the last standing kobold.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Faithdreamer: +2 STR modifier, +1 BAB modifier, equals +3 Grapple modifier.
    Everyone: Please remember to constantly update your current HP, I can't stress the importance of this enough.))

    The kobold wriggles out of the Gauli's grip successfully. It quickly draws the spear from its back and tries to stab through dwarf's defence. Attack - (1d20)[15] Damage - (1d6-1)[2]
    The spear stabs through the fighter's defence, piercing his armour and engulfing itself in his shoulder. Pain wrenches through Gauli's arm like a thunderbolt as the kobold twists the spear. It quickly removes the weapon to let the wound take its course, blood leaving the dwarf's shoulder in succession. Limpness makes its hold on his arm, taking more than a brief shake to remove the feeling. [2 points of damage.]

    Arianelle snatches the kobolds spear-clutching arm perfectly, Grapple - (1d20-4)[1] mounting it to her shoulder and slamming it to the ground, unconscious. Unconsciousness, however, is a very strange thing, lasting a very long time in some cases, but ending seconds later in most. The kobold shakes its head, too dazed to know where it was, or what it was at that moment. Feeling the cleric's gripping its arm behind its back, realization of the situation hits it hard -- and it hits Arianelle in the stomach just as hard. [2 damage to kobold. Its hitting you isn't serious enough to do HP damage.]

    Initiative:
    Arianelle 22
    Kobold3 20
    Krey Bom 19
    Mexanis Harik 10
    Kobold2 10
    Jeff 5
    Gauli Springwheather 4
    Kobold1 3
    Thargol --
    It is now Krey Bom's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-29 at 02:36 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Please correct me if I'm incorrect - I've lost 5 hp?

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Faithdreamer: Yes.))

    NPC Krey: Krey, seeing them chasing off the maimed lions (having only lost four of their number), rushes at the nearest kobold in hopes of ending the encounter. "We don't have time to dawdle!" he announces to the party, not loud enough for the large group of kobolds to hear. Charge - (1d20+4)[11] Damage - (1d4)[3] Krey, unfortunately, erred in telling the party before charging, for his target heard him and dodged to the side of the blow, causing the staff to land on Gauli's foot. "Sorry!" Krey says quickly as he spins to face the kobold. [Miss. No damage to Gauli.]

    Update: Mexanis skips his turn.

    Jeff ceases his pursuit of the small brown furry animal, hearing the sounds of battle and of his master's stressed voice. He leaps at the kobold Krey is busying himself with.

    Initiative:
    Arianelle 22
    Kobold3 20
    Krey Bom 19
    Mexanis Harik 10
    Kobold2 10
    Jeff 5
    Gauli Springwheather 4
    Kobold1 3
    Thargol --
    It is now Gauli Springweather's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-29 at 12:57 PM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Jeff's Leaping Charge Attack: Jump - (1d20+8)[28] Attack - (1d20+6)[23] Damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Seeing Jeff fly at it through the air, the kobold thrusts its spear at him. AoO - (1d20)[11] Damage - (1d6-1)[0]
    The dog expertly lands its jaws on the kobold's small neck. Jeff shakes the kobold from side to side harshly -- blood spattering on the grass. [The kobold is downed, only one left.]
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-29 at 01:07 PM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    The Cleric was a breath of fresh air for his tiny world. For the first time in what felt like forever the Dwarf's tunnel vision realized what was going on. He immediately turned around and tried to sprint back into the cover of the trees where most of the others were safely hiding.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Run action back into the trees with the others for cover and hiding.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Huh? The others are still in the open fighting the kobold. I think Mexanis is the only one still in the trees.))

    The last kobold stops its all-out run to stab at Gauli as he passes. AoO - (1d20)[3] Damage - (1d6-1)[3]

    It then tries to run for its life, seeing the situation as hopeless. Ducking past the party, it seems it will reach the mass of kobolds with the deadly information of where you are, sentencing you to certain death. An axe swings out of a bush the kobold was passing. A furry, clawed hand reaches out, snatching the kobold-- and its head --into the foliage. Gaariss quickly moves out of that same bush towards the diplomats. He lifts up the other two injured kobolds and throws them each into their own bush. One of the kobold's landing disturbs the rabbit, which bounds past the group at full-speed, tempting Jeff to chase it -- were it not Gaariss had his tail.
    The Gnoll Ranger motions you to follow him quietly back into the trees.

    Encounter Finished
    ----- Victory
    7 EXP for each member other than Mexanis (he didn't participate in the battle), 3 EXP for Jeff.

    Everyone Roll Move Silently and Hide checks if you want to avoid encounters.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-30 at 12:15 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MeklorIlavator's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    H:[roll]1d20[roll]
    MS:[roll]1d20[roll]
    Roy Mustang Avatar by Ninja Chocobo
    Spoiler
    Show

    Games:
    After the War: IC OOC Adelard "Stone Face" Kranet

    Mountain Villiage:IC OOC Talus Kranet

    Kerluddein:IC OOC Michael Ventus

    Sucked In: IC OOC Pre-Jonathan

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MeklorIlavator's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Mexanis moves with surprising stealth, replicating the rangers moves quite well considering his nature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    H:(1d20)[20]
    MS:(1d20)[17]
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2007-08-31 at 07:54 PM.
    Roy Mustang Avatar by Ninja Chocobo
    Spoiler
    Show

    Games:
    After the War: IC OOC Adelard "Stone Face" Kranet

    Mountain Villiage:IC OOC Talus Kranet

    Kerluddein:IC OOC Michael Ventus

    Sucked In: IC OOC Pre-Jonathan

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hide - (1d20-4)[11]
    Move Silently - (1d20-4)[15]


    He really wasn't in the mood for this running alongside Mexanis as he was. Whatever got them through the forest without more killing worked for him he didn't suppose he could walk by calmly. He took extra care not to step on anything that might snap, hoping he wouldn't give them away so there weren't any more scuffles.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-08-31 at 11:46 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    hide: (1d20-1)[17]
    move silently: (1d20-1)[18]

    Armor check penalties...

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    The party passes through the woods unhindered. Though barely, they avoid a few kobold scouting parties. Coming out of the woods, they see a tall palisade. Parts of it look crude and weak, any sort of wood the builders could find being tied together with messy knots of thick rope -- other parts look redone, fine strong timber curving perfectly with its adjacent piece, fine rope intertwining perfectly with the structure, with strips of iron holding it firm. Even arrow nooks have been added to along the wall, figures moving past or standing directly in front of what the group might view.
    The spikes of several helmets march up and down the top of the wall, presumably belonging to orc sentries. Similarly, many small spears raise from the sight-blocking wall -- barely reaching the helmet-spikes' height, regardless of the angle's tale that they are being held straight upward.

    As the group nears, they find three orcs walking towards them from the direction of the camp -- though they hadn't seen the humanoids a moment before.
    The first orc, at the head of the group, rubs his large chin curiously as he looks over the emissaries. The orc's face is incredibly scarred, though his sharp yellow eyes are the dominating feature of his face. A shining chain shirt adorns the orc, his dark-grey iron boots and legging clashing horribly with its splendidness. Black and grey hair is tied well back from his face, almost covering the longbow and its quiver of arrows, from view. His great maw-like mouth cracks into a large grin as he starts walking forward again, his great axe slung easily on his shoulder.

    To the first orc's right is another orc. This one is slightly taller and finner than the norm, his tall helmet only escalating the feature. The orc's face has no notable features-- except maybe to an orc --beside being completely bald and two, long ascending tusks, reaching to above his nose. The orc shakes his head to dislodge his large copper nose-ring from his left tusk, forcing him to straighten his helmet. On closer inspection, one might find the chain shirt, helmet and tabard-- along with the complementing pieces --to be very similar to the equipment of the Anurian city scouts, the only difference being the added spikes to the shirt and bad condition of the armour. The tabard in particular, though dyed red and painted with the orc tribe's symbol -- has light faded marks, once detailing a horse rearing in front of a large city.... the symbol of Anur.
    A third orc steps out to the first's left from behind the two. This one is very small for an orc, and even more slender than the second. Deep-purple eyes looks nervously from each companion to the other, his blueish-green skin tensing with worry. The third orc-like humanoid's cape flaps from side to side as he quickly looks behind him, his chain shirt rattling. Pointed ears come into your vision before he turns back -- such a feature has never been seen in orcs. The creature's ponytail hair is brought back even further than the first orc's to what would seem a painful degree. The frail looking creature strokes his hair nervously his other hand clasping past the dagger on his belt to a longsword's hilt.

    "Greetings...... friends,"
    the first orc says, an ear-to-ear grin spreading across his face. "Would you, if you in no way offends you for me to ask such a question, happen to be the emissaries -- the ones dear Baron Reldir promised to grace our camp with?" The orc, weirdly enough, sounds completely sincere in every word.

    ((Thanks once again to Lord_Herman for drawing these wonderful OotS style portraits.))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-02 at 10:49 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Krey Bom

    Krey addresses the first orc's question, bowing slightly as he speaks. "Yes. We are the diplomats you speak of. The Baron charged us with talking peace with your tribe, as well as delivering a letter to the chief of the tribe. Are you he?" As he speaks, Krey focuses on guarding his tone and words, trying not to accidentally say something to offend the orcs.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Gauli kept his eyes downcast and tried to seem unassuming. If these Orcs wanted a fight he wasn't going to give them one.

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    The first orc smiles impossibly wide. "Nay," the first orc answers. "I am the Chieftain's brother, Girack.
    "And, I'm afraid-- please let me give my most sincere apologies to any inconvenience this may cause you --, I must kill you. Be assured I will take not even the slightest bit of pleasure in this transaction, and I will render the event as painless as my axe shall allow -- presuming you will remain still."
    He steps forward menicingly, sounding as though he truly means what he says, but his expression of pure joy giving the exact opposite impression.
    The orc wearing Anurian style armour steps forward with similar glee at the idea of killing. His thin lips crack into a smile, revealing his sharp, dirty teeth.
    The small orc-like creature smiles weakly, still too nervous to revel in the presumed death of the emissaries.

    Initiative: Girack - (1d20+1)[16] Tall Orc - (1d20)[19] Small Orc - (1d20+3)[17]
    ((Everyone roll for initiative))

    Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####
    # ## #  M A   I
    ######     K O
    ## ##    T G   S
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. O = Girack. I = Tall orc. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.
    ((You all managed to heal and regain your spells in the time to get here.))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-03 at 10:09 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    initiative (1d20+2)[11]

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MeklorIlavator's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[3]
    Can I assume that Mexanis would have changed some spells to a more combat oriented nature?(Switch Mount for Enlarge Person)
    Roy Mustang Avatar by Ninja Chocobo
    Spoiler
    Show

    Games:
    After the War: IC OOC Adelard "Stone Face" Kranet

    Mountain Villiage:IC OOC Talus Kranet

    Kerluddein:IC OOC Michael Ventus

    Sucked In: IC OOC Pre-Jonathan

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Hastily, Thargol tries to fall into stance, lowering legs and extending his left hand.....

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status: 9/9 HP, AC 14
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[7]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Roll (1d20)[16]
    Spells Prepared for the day:

    Flare, Flare, Cure Minor Wounds
    Shillelagh.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Gauli shook his head as he gave a very deep sigh, he didn't realize his muscles had tensed yet.
    (1d20)[8] Initiative

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Surprised by the sudden betrayal of the polite Girack, the orcs strike first.

    The tall humanoid drew his longsword and charged at Arianelle, taking sick joy in the idea of slicing a woman's flesh. He ignores Krey however, thinking the gnome barely a factor to the battle and leaving himself open to a passing attack. [AoO for Krey] The longsword lifts into the air, cutting downward in a wide arc. Attack - (1d20+5)[12] Damage - (1d8+3)[10] The cleric shows no fear to the orc, taying perfectly still till the weapon sped down. She steps diagonally away from the powerful strike at the last moment, no injuries besides losing twelve hairs.
    The small orc-like creature, meanwhile, draws a shorbow and fires at the dwarf -- thinking it best to take out the party's presumed best warrior. Attack - (1d20+4)[16] Damage - (1d6)[2] The arrow strikes into the inactive dwarf's chest, his armour saving him from a fatal wound. The arrow vibrates steadily, jerking nerves and causing the dwarf to wince. [2 points of damage to Gauli (everyone remember to update you HP constantly).]

    Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####
    # ## #  M AI
    ######     K O
    ## ##    T G    S
    # ###
    #####
    Initiative:
    Tall Orc 19
    Small Orc-like-creature 17
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Krey's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-04 at 12:51 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    As the orc passes Krey by, he makes sure to earn the orc's attention, taking a passing swing at the orc's side with his staff.

    Krey notes quickly that, personal pride at being ignored aside, he'd better get out of range of the orc he just attacked, and prepare for further battle. He shuffles just out of range, though never turning his eyes away from Girack. Well, if you want a fight, you'll get one. He thinks, his anger at the betrayal tempered by his understanding that death should be avoided, for the sake of the mission. With that in mind, he channels magical power into his quarterstaff, which gives off a shimmering brownish glow, once again primed for battle.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ok, attack of opportunity against orc "I" (1d20+1)[16]

    Taking a 5-foot step backwards to avoid provoking AOO, which positions me directly under "A". Casting Shileilagh on my quarterstaff, giving it a +1 bonus, and treating it as Medium Size for a full minute (that's 10 rounds)
    Krey would decide to try not to kill the orcs in the name of the mission, right? I mean, it's not out of character?
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Krey's Damage roll: (1d4) [1]))

    Krey hits his staff into the orc's ribs. The only reaction is a mocking laugh, for the blow leaves little more than a bruise on the towering creature. [1 damage to tall orc.]
    Krey quickly steps back to behind Gauli and casts his spell ((remember that you still have diagonal reach)).
    Girack watches the struggle amused, deciding to take up a defensive position and let his allies do the fighting -- for now.
    Jeff, growls angrily when he sees the nasty orc try to hurt the nice person who healed him. He springs up at the orc, aiming for the unarmoured neck. Attack - (1d20+3)[10] Bite - (1d6+3)[4]

    Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    J
    # ## #  M AI
    ######     K O
    ## ##    T G    S
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. I = Tall orc. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

    Initiative:
    Tall Orc 19
    Small Orc-like-creature 17
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Arianelle's turn.

    Spell: Shileilagh, 10 rounds.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Arianelle flinches away from the poweful axe stroke and grabs for her sickle, sheathed here on the brink of what she had taken for safety after the kobold-filled forest. Can't give him a chance to do that again... She slashes at the orc, too focused on the ending this before that axe head winds up in someone to worry about why this is happening.

    Spoiler
    Show
    draw sickle, attack (1d20+1)[13](14)
    damage (1d6+1)[7]

    Dodge against the tall orc.

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    The Tall Orc pulls back his longsword for a deadly thrust. Arianelle, finding it too late to back off, continues here strike. The weapons meet, the sickle deflecting the longsword enough for it to only scave the cleric's shoulder -- but the sickle trails along the sword and the arm holding it, leaving a deep gash. The orc cries in agony, just barely having the sense to keep his weapon and unerving the orc-thing. He quickly swaps the sword to his left hand, still growling in pain. The two once again begin excanging unfruitful blows. [You deal max damage to the orc, crippling its arm for 1d4 rounds: Cripple - (1d4)[3].] ((Nice work ))

    Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    J
    # ## #  M AI
    ######       O
    ## ##    TKG    S
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. I = Tall orc. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

    Initiative:
    Tall Orc 19
    Small Orc-like-creature 17
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Gauli's turn.

    Spell: Shileilagh, 10 rounds
    Wounds: Tall Orc, R-arm crippled 3 rounds.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-06 at 02:02 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Gauli barely noticed what was happening in all this new commotion while he was busily ignoring it. He didn’t want to do this, if anyone needed proof his face and bearing would have been more than enough. He loosened his axe, noticing now how heavy it felt in his hand and deciding he didn’t want to swing it. After a few calm, short steps he was standing next to the tall Orc.

    “I’d rather we ran from here and returned later,” Boredom? “But if you want,” He remarked in a broken, raw sounding Orc language. “I can cut you and go inside after you’ve started bleeding to death.”

    EDIT: Drawing a weapon is a standard/move action, right?
    So I deleted my attack roll (it was 15) and just said that he unsheathed his axe and moved over to the tall Orc to prepare for attack.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-09-06 at 02:24 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((I'm afraid on an official basis I'll have to roll your attack again, since I didn't see the original.... Nat20, critical threat + automatic hit. 16, Critical success. 6, 5 and 8 = 19 damage..... Wow .....))

    The orc growls in his throat, slashing the longsword down at the "arrogant dwarf". Gauli's axe catches the blade under its axehead, the dwarf removes the sword from the orcs hands with once quick whirl. The Tall Orc hesitates a moment, clutching his injured wrist -- long enough for an axe to crash through his chain shirt and collar bone, arching down to cut the orc as Gauli had threatened. The orc's mouth opens wide as he falls to the ground, too dead to say any protests. ((Good work!))
    The smaller orc-creature whimpers in fear as it remembers how he had shot this awesome(the old sense, as in filled with awe) dwarf. He scans around, considering a retreat may be quite beneficial. Girrack shakes his head-- still smiling --and mumbles what sounds like a mournful, saddened prayer -- but his smile still remains. "Alas, dear Graagdush, I knew you well," He said, his tone and expression still complete opposites. "I shall never forget you, dearest friend -- and I will see I avenge you by killing these guests of ours." Girrack turns up and flashes the emissaries another wide grin. "If none of you have any objection, and are in every way prepared, then shall we begin our fight?"

    Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    J
    # ## #  M Ax
    ######       O
    ## ##    TKG    S
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

    Initiative:
    Small Orc-like-creature 17
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Thargol's turn.

    Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 10 rounds
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-06 at 10:02 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Finally springing into action, Thargol takes a hasty look around, but with the most likely target already disabled, there´s a moments confusion. Then, his eyes narrowing, he surges forward, in a mad dash, along the right sides of Gauli and the Gnome, heading for the small, ork-like creature. Almost running past it, he spins around only a second before reaching it, trying to land a solid grab on the creatures clothing..

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status: HP 9/9, AC 14
    Trying to head past Krey and Gauli without provoking an AoO from Girack, in an attempt to seize the small orc and bring him into a Grapple
    Touch attack(1d20+3)[8]
    Grapple Check(1d20+3)[21]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •