New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

Girrack shrugged as Thargol passed, thinking he'd let one of his kin live a little longer. The orc-like creature showed the agility of an elf, diving past the monk and coming up in a roll behind him. He quickly began to draw a shortsword, his face turning a paler still, green.

Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    J
    # ## #  M Ax
    ######     G O  S
    ## ##     K     T
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
    Small Orc-like-creature 17
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Mexanis' turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 10 rounds
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-07 at 01:53 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis reaches into his his spell pouch, pulling a wad of pig fat out. In a clear voice he yells out the arcane words, feeling the power leave him.
    Porcarii arvina

Spoiler
    Show
    Grease on Girack, with him in the lower left corner of the spell. Like so(blue area is greased).[save DC is 16]

### ###
    # ##### J
    # ## # M Axp p
    ###### G O p S
    ## ## K T
    # ###
    #####
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2007-09-07 at 02:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333

Thumbs up Re: Orc Politics (IC)

((Sorry for not posting. I got spirited off to work beofre I could finish )) Reflex - (1d20+2)[8] Girrack falls to the ground, laughing all the while. He shrugs from his position and complements Mexanis on his choice of spell. "The only problem with it, dear mage-friend, is that you've quite possibly singled yourself out as the first person I'm going to kill, unfortunately....." He smiles at the wizard frighteningly.

Round 2

Thargol's opponent sends a quick stab, being careful not to put himself in peril. Attack - (1d20+3)[21] Damage - (1d6+2)[7] The cowardly orc-creature shows a surprising amount of strength for its build, the chops of its sword stronger than most soldiers'. One blow throws the monk slightly off balance, allowing his enemy to score his arm. Assured the half-orc would not be able to strike back at him, the cowardly monster stabs home, scoring the dodging target's side, deeply. [7 points of damage to Thargol. Man that stings.....]

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Krey's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 10 rounds
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-08 at 04:41 AM.
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey skirts around the edges of the grease, and gets into ample range to strike at Girack. He swings his quarterstaff, leaving a brown trail behind the head, and aims for the ribs, his favorite target in battle, though hoping at the same time that the strike does not kill the orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to get within range of Girack, avoiding any Greased squares.
    Attack roll against Girack (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage roll with Shileilagh (1d6+1)[3]
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

5. - Top - End - #335

Girrack effortlessly blocks the oncoming blow with his great axe. He then begins to raise, allowing Krey to strike at him again. [AoO on Girrack.] He then smiles at the gnome, and says, "All of you try your best to hit me." He goes into a combat stance.
    Jeff meanwhile, smells the blood leaking from Thargol's side -- and although he wants to help his master fight the orc, he doesn't like the smell of the grease and figures his master can handle himself better anyway. He charges at the orc-creature, growling in his throat. The frail looking creature squeals in fear as it saw the dog leap towards his throat. Attack - (1d20+5)[22] Bite - (1d6+3)[5] The orc-thing stabs at Jeff, forcing him to change his course or be impaled. Although he misses the orc's throat from the maneuver, he claws the enemy's face and bits hard into his shoulder. The orc-creature screams and slashes vigorously at the wolfhound, the scratches he causes in Jeff's hide not severe, but forcing the dog to jump away before the monster regains enough sense to make a more proficient stab. [The orc was hit.]

Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    J
    # ## #  M Ax pp
    ######     G Op S
    ## ##        K  T
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest. p/"Blue" = greased area.

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Arianelle's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-08 at 11:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arianelle looks at the horribly wounded and quite obviously dead body of the orc Graagdush with dismay, and shoots a glare at the dwarf. Hiding half the time when we need him, then this butchery... The mad orc who started this is back on his feet, though. Catching the little wooden symbol hanging from her wrist in her left hand, she holds it up. "Light, be with us..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting bless (should get everyone, even Jeff). +1 attack rolls and saves vs. fear for a minute (morale bonus).

Dodge is vs. Girack

Sword->axe, wrong speech color...I fail the use brain check on that last post...
    Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 2007-09-09 at 01:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Gauli's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 9 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 10 rounds.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Glaring right back at the Cleric for a few seconds is all the Dwarf can manage before his face cracks into a wild ear-to-ear grin that shines on the polished surface of his axe. Ruthless glee echoes between his gasping laughter, he parts the air (and maybe a skull) with his blade like he's driving a nail in the ground with the sharp edge while Girack is unable to defend himself. Whether that hits any flesh or not, he twists his body and hauls the axe back up after it's done for a second attack from earth to sky. He didn't stop laughing for the Chieftain's brother to bark over his voice.

Down Cut - (1d20+3)[11] - Damage (1d10)[1]
    Up Cut - (1d20+3)[21] - Damage (1d10)[4]
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-09-10 at 08:53 AM.

9. - Top - End - #339

((Your dwarf doesn't get two attacks.
    Everyone remember to add the bonuses from bless to your attacks.
    Also, by request, here's an OOC thread so that you can chat out-of-character about the game, or just chat in general to get to know your fellow players: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post3171626))

Gauli's downward attack is easily intercepted by orc's weapon. Girrack shakes his head, "Oh no, master dwarf, you will need to try much harder than that to hit me," he says, smiling.

Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    J
    # ## #  M Ax pp
    ######     G Op S
    ## ##        K  T
    # ###
    #####
    Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Thargol's turn.

Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-10 at 10:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #340

Gritting his teeth through the pain, Thargol attempts to refocus, lifting his right leg slightly and searching for an opening in his opponents cover. He then slams down his leg forcibly near his opponents foot hoping the diversion created suffices, unleashing a series of blows and kicks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Status: Hp 2/9, AC 14. Attacking for nonlethal damage, first attack stunning.
    Attack 1(1d20+4)[13]
    Damage 1(1d6+3)[8]
    Attack 2(1d20+4)[5]
    Damage 2(1d6+3)[6]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

11. - Top - End - #341

((Hey guys, guess what: I've gotten sick again. I'll try to keep posting but the computer hurts my head, so don't expect me to be able to post every day.))

The goblin-orc, manages to avoid the flurry of punches, only being bruised slightly by the ones that barely hit him.
    The grease soaks into the ground, the stuff covering Girrack seems to simply disintegrate. The Chieftain's brother grins at Mexanis, over Gauli and Arianelle. He gives a salute to the wizard while still grinning then turns down to Gauli. "Now, if your culture does not consider this a rude question: Should I kill you, Master Dwarf?" he asks curiously.

Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    
    # ## #  M Ax    J
    ######      GO  S
    ## ##        K  T
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Mexanis' turn.

12. - Top - End - #342

((So as to keep things moving, we'll say Mexanis was to paralysed in fear of what the orc might do to him to act. Now, let us continue.))

Round 3

The orc-thing, seeing the vicious dog, and not doubting the strength of his supposed kin, he whistles loudly. A steady trot can be heard not far away, but not the the sound of a horse's hooves. He smiles weakly, as he listens to the steady approach. Realizing it would take a while for whatever is coming to arrive, the orc-thing withdraws with as much speed as keeping his guard up will allow.

Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    
    # ## #  M Ax    J
    ######      GO        S
    ## ##        K  T
    # ###
    #####

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Krey's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 8 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 10 rounds.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey, continuing his efforts in knocking out Girack and ending the fight, is even more urgent as he hears the steady beat. He moves closer to Girack, and swings his quarterstaff at the orc's leg.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 5 feet toward Girack.
    Attack Roll with Shileilagh'd, Blessed quarterstaff (1d20+2)[5]
    Damage Roll (1d8+1)[8]

edit: crap.
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-09-13 at 04:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

14. - Top - End - #344

Although Krey hits Girrack's legs squarly, with iron legging and boot he easily shrugs off the blow.
    The orc ponders what to do for a moment, then smiles, turns swiftly and lines Krey with the flat of his axe. [roll=Attack[1d20+4[/roll] [roll=1d12+4[/roll] ((I'll use Invisible castle for these.)) Krey narrowly dodges the flat of the large axe, but he senses that he'd be in a coma, or worse, if one of the orc's mighty blows meet with him. [Missed, barely.]
    Jeff, stopping long enough to see the attack on his master, growls ferociously and charges resolutely at the orc. Attack - (1d20+3)[23] Bite - (1d6+3)[8] Girack's eyes shut for only a moment in the pain of the dog's teeth around his arm. He smiles again, and bites Jeff's neck. The dog whimpers and jumps away from the orc, growling at him a moment after landing -- and ready to plunge at his throat once again. [Hit, 8 points of damage.]

Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    
    # ## #  M Ax     
    ######      GOJ        S
    ## ##        K  T
    # ###
    #####
    Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3

Faithdreamer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you want me to kill off Gauli, or to have non-violently removed from the campaign?
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-13 at 08:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Arianelle pauses a moment, then advances over the body and cuts at the now bloody-mouthed orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a charge if possible, otherwise move and attack. Attack (1d20+2)[3](5) (+2 if charge), damage (1d6+1)[2]

AC 18 vs Girack, 17 others (-2 if charge)

16. - Top - End - #346

Girrack's axe swings behind him, deflecting Arianelle's slash and forcing her a step backwards. [Miss.]

Formation:
    Code:
    ### ###
    # #####    
    # ## #  M  A     
    ######      GOJ        S
    ## ##        K  T
    # ###
    #####
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. A = Arianelle, dead Graagdush. T = Thargol. G = Gauli. J = Jeff. O = Girack. x = Dead Graagdush. S = Small orc-like creature. # = Forest.

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Gauli's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 8 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 9 rounds.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

Gauli’s only answer is a chorus of crazy undulating laughter bubbling through his toothy skull-faced ear-meets-ear smile. Squinting his once clean dark eyes so his gaunt cheeks are raised in good humor jubilance overtakes his body and he plants his feet, swinging his razor-edged axe and screaming:
    “Heave!”
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]Axe Cut (1d10+2)[10] - Wound
    (Does that mean he gets a flanking bonus with Jeff on the other side?)
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-09-14 at 05:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348

"Not yet...." the Half-Orc mutters under his breath. setting his feet to the ground, he lunges forward, behind the small, Orc-like creature, and tries to land a solid kick to the neck.....

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack with Bless and Charge: (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]

19. - Top - End - #349

Girrack grimaces in pain with the blow of the axe. He turns to give the dwarf another polite smile. "You might be regretting that," he said playfully. [10 damage to Girrack.]
    Edit: The goblin-creature turned back just before Thargol reached him. The creature jumped to the side of the half-orc path, warding off any other attacks with the shortsword he held.

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Mexanis' turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 8 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 9 rounds.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-15 at 03:52 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350

((NPCimg Mexanis till the end of combat.))
    Mexanis begins to wonder about the goblin-orc. Girrack was obviously being dealt with quite well, but the other creature may very well bring reinforcements.... And where's Gaariss? The wizard runs over to within range, and casts a ray of frost at the fleeing goblin-thing. Ranged-Touch-attack - (1d20)[2] Ice - (1d3)[1]

Round 4

The orc-creature's terror-struck face lightens visibly when a worg charges suddenly towards it. The beast stops a few feet short of the goblin-orc, allowing him to mount. The worg shows obvious signs that it will bite at Jeff or Thargol if they try to stop the mounting humanoid. [Attack-of-Opportunity for Thargol and Jeff, but the worg might get involved in the fight if you do.... It's Krey's choice whether Jeff attacks.]

Initiative:
    Orc-like-creature 17
    Krey 16
    Worg --
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    NPC Mexanis
    It is now Krey's turn.

21. - Top - End - #351

Thargol takes a half-step away, eyeing the creature suspiciously, but, thus far, avoids a direct confrontation.

Spoiler
    Show
    I forego the AoO

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey motions to Jeff, communicating to the dog to stand down for now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    is this a Handle Animal check? if so: (1d20+8)[26]

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353

Jeef stops short of the worg, rather upset to forgo the challenge. The goblin-orc rides his mount quickly into the distance, showing no signs of planning to return. [Goblin-orc has left combat.]
    Girrack turns to face the dwarf, the chops horizontally downward, the sharp of his axe facing the dwarf. Attack - (1d20+8)[28] Damage - (1d12+4)[15] The axe cuts steadily through Gauli's shoulder and continues through to his chest. Girrack quickly pulls the axe free, watching the dwarf fall injured to the ground. [15 damage to Gauli. Since the site with his sheet is down, I'm not sure about his current status.]
    Jeff tries to bite the nasty orc once again. Attack - (1d20+3)[17] Bite - (1d6+3)[7] Jeff lands against the orc's lower back, trying to sink his teeth through the chain shirt and into the fighter's kidney. Girrack spins around almost before the dog even lands, smacking the beast with the handle of his axe and sending it to the ground before it can do any damage. Jeff manges to shake off the blow, it more propelling him then doing proper damage. He growls indignantly, but gives a hurt whimper when he sees the dwarf lying on the ground near death. [7 damage to Girrack.]

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-20 at 10:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354

(If I'm counting right, Gauli's taken 17 damage so far between this and the arrow. He ought to still be alive, at least.)

The dwarf's sudden collapse is shocking, both in its suddenness and in that his squat form still shows signs of life. Arianelle makes a quick pass with her left hand and reaches out to touch Gauli. "Light keep you..."

That done, she steps forward to threaten the mad Girack.

Spoiler
    Show
    CLW for (1d8+4)[12].
    5-foot step to the right.
    AC 18

25. - Top - End - #355

Gauli feels death's chill leave him with almost uncomfortable suddenness. His entire body screams at him in pain for a few agonizing seconds, but then he feels his muscle regrow and wounds close. [Gauli is now at 4 HP, and is prone.]

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Gauli's turn.
    ((Remember that you may encounter an Attack-of-Opportunity if you try to get up.))

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

He didn’t even feel the change. He was blinking his eyes trying to force himself to stand again when he realized he didn’t have his axe. Fumbling to find the handle another growl jumped from him. “Grraaargh!” He kicked the ground back down again and hacked at something, he couldn’t see the black world but if he stopped moving he was dead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Girack(1d20+3)[11]

27. - Top - End - #357

((So you stood up? I'll assume you did.))

Girrack blocks the brave dwarf's axe with his own, forces the fighter back on one foot, and brings his axe back for a quick strike. Attack - (1d20+8)[26] Damage - (1d12+4)[8] Although the Gauli blocks out most of the orc's blow, but still the axe continued on -- stabbing lightly through Gauli's chain shirt and into his stomach. Had the axe advanced much further, the dwarf surely would be dead, but still the wound forces the brave dwarf back to the grassy floor. He tastes his own blood filling his mouth, vomits, and passes into a painful half-conciseness. [Gauli takes 8 damage. He is down to -4.]

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Thargol's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-22 at 10:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358

Hmmmm.....luck might not have been with him that day, but he, thought, courage had not yet deserted him. Gritting his teeth through the pain in his wounds, Thargol closed with the hulking orc, snarling, in orcish.

"Delivering death is calling it´s attention upon yourself as well. You would slay us, and yet......"

Thargol went into a series of short jabs, all at openings Girack closed simply thorugh moving, before he lunged into the final, powerful thrust, locking his entire body behind the punch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Normal move action to close with Girack, followed by an attack
    Attack (1d20+4)[10]
    Damage (1d6+3)[6]

29. - Top - End - #359

Although the majority of Thargol's attacks get through, Girrack's axe and chainshirt prevent any of the more deadly punches, including the last most powerful thrust. Girrack smiles. "Very nice try," he offers politely, sarcastically if you look at his face. "You did very well I assure you."

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Mexanis' turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-23 at 09:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis
    The Orcs words had frozen Mexanis in fear, but when he saw Gauli struck down, the same who had protected him from the Kobolds, he snaps. Yelling the words of power, he shoots his palm forward, and a icy blue ball seems to fly from it to Girack.
    "Fortana Frigidus!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Mexanis moves down 5 feet so that Gauli's unconscious body is in a line with Girack.
    Cast Orb of cold
    Make a silent prayer to thew dice gods...
    touch Attack(1d20+1)[10]
    Damage[roll]1d8[roll]