New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

Jumping sideways at the last moment, Girrack dodges the majority of the orb. What little cold does get him he manages to shrug off with no damage. [Miss.]

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Krey's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 7 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 8 rounds.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey moves forward to continue putting the pressure on Girrack. He trots so he is within range of the mad orc and swings for the ribs with his enchanted staff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll with Shileilagh'd, Blessed quarterstaff (1d20+2)[6]
    Damage Roll (1d8+1)[2]
    Wow. Just wow. Clearly I failed some kinda diplomacy check, 'cause these dice hate me!
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-09-25 at 05:51 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

3. - Top - End - #363

((I understand how you feel..... real-life dice can do that to you as well .))

An axe handle swings to behind Girrack, smacking into the quarter staff and almost forcing Krey to the ground. Looking around thoughtfully, he wonders who he should kill first. He looks down at the injured dwarf, licking his lips. "I give my utmost apologies," he says, laying a foot on Gauli's chest and liftying his axe over his shoulder, "but this just has to be done, I'm afraid I couldn't have it any other way....." The orc lifts his axe even higher for a killing blow. Barking echoes behind him!
    "Rauf, rauf! GRRRR!" Jeff growled, trying to distract the orc from attacking his master's companions. At the same time, he pounced headlong at Girrack, his teeth and claws ready to land on the enemy's throat. He never expected the Fighter to retaliate so quickly.
    Without a second's hesitation, Girrack spins around, his axe swinging with him. He had no intention to finish the dwarf off while so heavily surrounded, but wanted to get rid of the annoying dog which had done him so much harm. Attack - (1d20+8)[22] Damage - (1d12+4)[15] The axe hits Jeff almost squarely -- gashing his side terribly and leaving the poor beast's head with a wide crack. A heart-wrenching squeal emits from the dog as it is struck to the ground. Jeff continues to whimper as he tries to rise to his feet. [Jeff is hit. He takes 15 damage and is now at -2 HP.]
    Attack - (1d20+3)[18] Bite - (1d6+3)[6] [Knocked to negative HP before the attack could be made.]

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Arianelle's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 6 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 8 rounds.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-25 at 11:58 PM.
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

The dwarf is down. Again. Not so badly hurt this time, but down. And the dog...and the axe to keep them there.

Arianelle carefully maneuvers herself out of reach of Girrack's axe, then turns to face the orc. With a furious left-handed gesture, she declaims "Know the Light's power, and tremble!"

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step back left, casting Cause Fear. DC 13 will save or be frightened for d4 turns, shaken one turn on save.

5. - Top - End - #365

Will - (1d20+2)[14] Girrack acts as though he is very frightened. It seems as though he is trying to spare the cleric's feelings for the fact her spell didn't work -- but his honest, good natured voice is disgustingly hollow if you look at the sarcastic, wide grin. [Successful save.]

Gaulis is now at -5 HP.

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Thargol's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 6 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 7 rounds.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-09-26 at 10:37 AM.

6. - Top - End - #366

Furious, Thargol starts to heat up. Jumping up, almost whirling into a frenzy, Thargol kicks, repeatedly, striking for knees, kidneys and girracks chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, here goes. Full on frenzy of blows, and if my luck doesn´t suck as bad as the last times, I might actually make one hit
    Attack(1d20+2)[6]
    Damage(1d6+3)[9]
    Attack(1d20+2)[14]
    Damage(1d6+3)[4]
    Last edited by Kioran; 2007-09-26 at 11:54 PM.
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

7. - Top - End - #367

Thargol fails to get in any serious damage. [Miss and miss.]

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Mexanis' turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 6 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 7 rounds.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Big NO! My poorly-named animal companion! Wait... that's what I've got Cure Minor Wounds for. any amount of healing stabilizes, right?

Spoiler
    Show

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

9. - Top - End - #369

((Yep, any amount of magic healing stabilizes the victim for quite a while, as in an hour or two.))

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis carefully moves so that he is close to Thargol, avoiding the orc in the middle.
    Here Thargol,this will help you, and we need to finish it. Relaxat Genis

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to Thargol. Cast enlarge person on him.

11. - Top - End - #371

Thargol looks at the ground, surprised by how it shrank and seemed to get further away. He felt heavier, and it seemed harder to balance. Still, he feels strong enough to wrestle an ogre!

Initiative:
    Krey 16
    Girack 16
    Jeff 12
    Arianelle 11
    Gauli 8
    Thargol 7
    Mexanis 3
    It is now Krey's turn.

Spells: Krey's Shileilagh, 5 rounds. Arianelle's Bless, 7 rounds. Mexanis' Enlarge Person, 10 rounds.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey shuffles around Girack, moving to the place where his animal companion fell. moving himself in between Girack and Jeff, he places his finger on the dog's wound, sending a small spark of brown-green energy into the wound, closing the wound a bit and reducing the flow of blood to manageable levels.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what the map looks like, but move action to get close to Jeff (if necessary) and using up my casting of Cure Minor Wounds to heal 1 damage from Jeff and stabilize him at -1 HP

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373

Jeff's pain visibly decreases. He goes into a deep sleep, waiting to be properly healed before he thinks of getting up again.
    Girrack wonders what to do. He was quite injured from the dog and the dwarf's constant assaults, but not the main warriors were mostly dealt with, and he doubted any of the remaining party members stood much of a challenge. Still, one lucky hit can count more than all the skill in the world...
    Before he finished his thoughts, Gaariss came out of the bushes behind the party, rahing to the song, "Daisy, Daisy". Girrack seems at a loss as to what to do. He seems not very keen on the idea of fighting the new combatant, but still he isn't sure he wasnts to leave just yet.....

((You may all act freely for now. The combat will continue if one of the characters take a violent action (including Girrack and Gaariss).

14. - Top - End - #374

Noticing the orc's sudden loss of focus...at least, she hopes that's what his not trying to kill anyone just yet means...Arianelle seizes the opportunity to stabilize Gauli with a touch of healing energy.

That done, she edges back into reach of Girrack. Flanking him against the suddenly enormous Thargol, if the fighting resumes.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's one of my orisons gone for Cure Minor Wounds. A copy of light, I think.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis goes up to Krey, avoiding the orc in the middle.
    "What should we do now? We I don't think we'll be able to take him if he gets hostile again, and I don't have that many spells left."

16. - Top - End - #376

Gauli is stabilized.

17. - Top - End - #377

Thargol stares warily at the Orc, not dropping his guard. He musters Girack, searching for a quick movement, the spark of betrayal. the hot blood rushingg in his veins, the excitement of battle and the pain of his wounds drive him to lash out, while, on the ohter hand, his peaceful nature and training urge him towards restraint. He trembles visibly, nervously, words on his lips, but he was to unsure of himself to utter them.
    "He should lay down his weapons.....He´s dangerous, and I´m hard pressed not to pound him into the floor" he thinks, waiting for someone to break the stalemate.....
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

It wasn't as if he wanted to sit still, but he couldn't muster the will to do much else. If he opened his eyes he may not be dreaming after all. The ground was comfortable...

19. - Top - End - #379

Girrack smiles widely. "It seems I'll have to be leaving... this time," he says, backing away slowly towards the camp. "Have a nice walk...."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey Bom

Krey looks around the area. He calls out to his teammates. "We should probably heal up and head out. It's not going to be safe here for long, and I'd like to get to the camp before that orc sways the others into thinking we're some kind of group of assassins."

Spoiler
    Show