New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

The Dwarf pulled his hand back and quickly tried to find the speaker. "I like the forest." He added, accepting the shield and resting it on his forearm.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-05-24 at 02:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Timidly, Thargol raised his Hand"I was.......laboring under the impression we were pressed for time......I think the Forest might not be such a bad idea.. He turned to the others, letting his eyes rove expectantly over their faces.
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

<Hm. Gotta go with the group> "All right. I get the idea. Kobolds or no, we're going to get there as fast as we can, and that means we're going through the forest" Krey hefts and grips his new shield. "Unless we have any other ideas? If we do not, I say we should set out as soon as out preparations are complete." A thought entered Krey's head and he turned to the soldier who had given him the shield. "Hey, is there anything outside of weapons and armor that we can be allowed before we go? Like, say, healing potions or something of the sort?"
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-05-24 at 05:35 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

4. - Top - End - #34

"I would rather avoid fighting with the kobolds, if possible. But we do need to get through quickly." Arianelle shrugs uncomfortably. "I don't know anything about handling traps."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Hmm?" replies the Captain airily, "oh yes, healing potions. You each get one potion of Light Healing before you leave. Any other potions will have to be paid for from your own pocket. With the forest, it is likely to have a few traps itself, though not as many as the plains.
    "So, have you decided yet?"
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey

"I believe we have indeed come to a decision. Time is of the essence, and we are better suited for fighting then sniffing out traps, so we will be braving the forest route." Says Krey, in a voice he hopes sounds commanding and fearless.

Spoiler
    Show

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

After hearing the leader mention fighting with gusto, Gauli could almost swear he felt his eyes sink deeper into his face. It sounded like a bad idea, but if he didn't keep a firm lip then things might be worse. He ignored the bags under his eyes and leaned on his Waraxe. "Hike to it, then." His nonchalant tone is intentional. "Pardons, Captain." Gauli turned as softly as he could manage and waited outside for everyone.

8. - Top - End - #38

On his way out, Gauli bumps into a very large shirt of chain, brown hair sticking through the cracks. A height of about four feet above his own head, a gnoll smiles at him (regardless of what scholars say about gnolls not being able to smile). "THIS," the Captain says, exhaustedly, "will be your guide..." The gnoll walks in (pushing Gauli inside again), stands at his full height of eight feet, and waves at the party, battle-axe in hand.
    ((thanks goes to Lord_Herman for drawing him))

"Grah-grah," the gnoll says friendlily, in a surprisingly humorous tone.
    "We call it 'Gnolley'," the Captain states. "It's here to make sure none of you.... get lost, and go in the wrong direction. Now, it's-" the captain was interrupted at this point. Partially by the fact that Gnolley has had enough of the word "it".
    "GRRRAAAAAAAHHHGGG!!!" Ghe shouts- or roars -directly into the captain's ear.

The captain leans in the direction of the blast of sound, loses his balance, and topples into a rack of shields, which proceeds to fall on him. "CLANG!" it says when hitting the ground, and the Captain.
    Gnolley performs a hyena laugh (which sounds quite ghastly), snatches an arm full of Light Healing potions and urges the emissaries to all come outside with him, fast. "I'll have your head mounted on my wall for this!" the Captain shouts, "you walking rug!"
    Gnolely just laughs, and escapes outside.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-09 at 11:10 PM.
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

The gnoll seems to know where its going, I guss we should follow.
    Come on! We need to keep in touch with our guide.Thanks for the help, captain!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

<woah. That was unexpected> "Right." Krey grips his shield and staff, and begins running out the door, following Gnolly. "Thanks for all the assistance, captain. Follow me, team, looks like it's time to go!" He zips out the door, hot on Gnolly's trail.
    "Gnolly? You there?"
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-05-25 at 09:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

Arianelle hesitates a moment, but the captain's threat, serious or not, decides things. She takes off after the guide as quickly as possible, her new buckler clutched awkwardly in her left hand.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Shaking his head Gauli offered a hand, trying to keep the wry smile from his face. The gesture was tricky, but he was strong so he was relatively sure he could manage it. It took him a few seconds to realize the armor rack needed to be lifted first. "Are you alright, Captain?" He wondered. He set his weapon and shield on the floor then set about trying to move the shield rack off the beleaguered soldier.

13. - Top - End - #43

The three who rush outside see Gnolley waving to them. He urges the group to follow him through the bustling city.

Gauli with difficulty, and the help of two soldiers, manages to life the heavy rack off the Captain. "Thanks," the Captain says, failing to not sound angry from the gnoll's action. "You best go after that d***ed mutt. It knows the forest well, from what we know."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right. Let's go. Gnolley seems to know the way very well." Krey says, and heads off to follow Gnolley.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

"Good day, Captain." The Dwarf collects his things and heads off to catch up with the group, doing his best to follow them closely and quietly.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-05-26 at 02:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnolly! Wait up! We need to wait for the others!

17. - Top - End - #47

((I'll just have to assume that Thargol followed Gnolley with the rest of the group))

The party travels through the bustling city of Anur.

People stop and drop their loads as the Gnoll passes. Others runaway, sometimes screaming. A drunken man, upon seeing an eight-foot gnoll wave at him while saying "Grah-Grah!" decides to reform his drinking ways, for the rest of the day.
    Many children's ears are boxed when they come home saying "Mum, mum! I saw a giant gnoll walkin' through the Merchant's District - it's true I swear!"
    Most tend to get the reply of, "Here now! Stop making up stories and get back to your chores!"

Guards are dragged by various types of citizens to the Gnoll's location. "See, see? I told you there was a gnoll! So, what are you going to do about it then?" the citizens would say.
    Most of the City's defenders', when they come face-to-face with an eight-foot gnoll with an axe in each hand, reply with something like, "S-so, what about it? I don't see him breaking any laws. Clear off now, or I'll take you in for wasting guard time."

After several events, the Party and their gnoll guide reach the city gates. Reluctantly, and after being shown official papers, the guards open Anur's gates. In moments, the Group is in the grassy plains that surround the huge walls of Anur. Gnolley holds out the potions he stole earlier and beckons the diplomats.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess he wants to give the potions to us

Thank you.Takes poition.
    Do you understand Common, or would you prefer to speak in Orcish? And how did you come to work with the Baron?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why thank you, Gnolley." Krey takes a potion. "Anyway, seeing as we're outside, I'd like to quick take the opprotunity to call someone" After saying so, he puts his fingers to his lips and blows. *FWEEET!* With this whistle, Krey's animal companion comes running. A sandy-colored large wolf-hound, with a kindly look in his eyes. "Ah, there you are, Jeff. Everyone, this is my animal friend, Jeff. Now then, Gnolley, what language are you most comfortable with?"

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Gauli was busily apologizing for every incident that happened nearby before he realized that no one was really listening. He frowned and marched meekly through the gate, eventually finding himself in the grassy plain. Without anything better to do, he paused and looked around at the group. "Does anyone want some Chocolate Milk?" He leaned his axe against his body and prepared to fish out the required ingredients.

21. - Top - End - #51

Thargol, still a little bit tense, remains uncommonly taciturn, allthough he regards the Gnoll with some interest, all the while also un the lookout for sources of fresh water or the like, should need arise.
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

22. - Top - End - #52

Gnolley, in reply to Maxanis' question about whether he could speak common: "No, not a word of it," he replies in a growly voice.
    "Grah-Grah!" he greets Jeff.

Upon the question of what language he is comfortable with, he shrugs.

He looks at Gauli hopefully at the mention at the mention of chocolate.

Thargol sees a small river only two dozen yards aways. Its soft flow leads directly into the forest.

((Krey and Mexanis each receive one potion of Cure Light Wounds))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-05-28 at 07:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

The Dwarf fishes through his pack and retrieves a large wrapped parcel. Carefully unfolding it, he breaks off a small chunk of chocolate and tosses it to the Gnoll. If he caught it in the air, the Dwarf wouldn't see it. He was too busy retrieving a small flask. Taking a hardy sip of the precious substance, he packed his belongings and waited quietly.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-05-29 at 09:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Arianelle takes the opportunity to strap on her buckler properly, then peer (one might even say gawk) up at the guide. I've never seen one of those before. He seems friendly enough. More than anyone at the castle... "I don't think the captain calling you 'Gnolley' means that's your name... What do you call yourself?

25. - Top - End - #55

Rather than catch the chocolate in mid-air, Gnolley eats it in mid-air. "Bragh?" he replies to Arianelle's question, his mouth full of chocolate. "Brrgh bgh bgraa, Bgaaissh." After swallowing the chocolate, and making several more attempts at his name, Gnolley succeeds in telling the group that his name is "Gaariss".

Gnolley, that is, Gaariss, stretches himself as he reaches into his over-sized pouch-belt. He brings out a ragged, and crudely drawn, map - which, other than for several unreadable notes scrawled here and there, is almost identical to the map shown by the Captain, earlier. The Gnoll studies the map carefully, looks at his surroundings, and points to the forest, while saying "RrrgraaH!" triumphantly. Gaariss motions the party to follow him, and then descends the hill, heading towards the forest.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Gauli happily picks up his things and follows the canine, hoping against everything that there would be a peaceful resolution to whatever they ran into. He walked along cursing himself for not asking the guard Captain's name when they were in Anur.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

He seems... excited. I guess we should follow, what do you say Krey?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey

"Yes. We should most definitely follow him. Gaariss definitely looks like he knows the forest." As he says this, Krey urges Jeff to follow him as he begins to follow Gaariss.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Following their gnoll companion, the group moves into the forest.
    As the party moves through the lush undergrowth, the sky is replaced by a ceiling of beautiful spring leaves.

The strong grass grows to Gauli's neck, which would cause great discomfort to a dwarf who is ticklish.
    Krey's view is completely masked by the tall vegetation, but with help from his dog (and by walking in the flattened track Gaariss had been through) he manages to keep up with the party.
    Due to his height, Thargol's head gets whacked by the occasional low hanging branch, several of which being pulled aside by Gaariss and swinging back with momentum against the poor half-orc.
    A spider descends in front of Mexanis - with a sudden wind, the spider is blown directly onto the Mage's nose, it's red fangs possibly inspiring terror.
    Arianelle is meanwhile snatched at by a wait-a-minute bush, famed by its leaves' ability to catch onto anything they touch.

((Please post how you react to your circumstance, or your thoughts))

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh!
    Mexanis falls backwards, but at the same time appears to disappear, ending up 10ft away on the ground. He slowly picks himself up, looking around for more arachnids.

Spoiler
    Show
    Abrupt Jaunt, 1 out of 4