Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 380
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Thargol

    Thargol flinched as another branch struck him, barely an inch above his left eye. Squinting against the sun and his fear, he looked ahead"Rather inconsiderate of our guide" he thought, eyeing the gnoll ahead.
    "Not that I would complain or bring it up. We have disharmony coming up as it is. No, this I will endure.......Nevertheless, I´ll find myself a good, wide brimmed hat at the next oppurtunity"

    And in this moment, again, he barely ducked beneath a low branch, only to be struck in the face again by another one. He flinched, and bared his teeth for maybe a small fraction of a second......
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    A rustling erupts from the bushes. Gaariss stops and looks at them with great interest. A bolt flies out, and lands a few feet from the undergrowth.

    ((Decide your formation: Tell me how many spaces above, below, left and or right of the "O" you want to be. Note: The circle represents the centre of the party formation.))
    Code:
                bb
       O   N   bb
              a bb
    b = Bush. N = Gaariss. a = shot bolt.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Krey

    Seeing the attackers, Krey channels magic into his staff, charging it with extra power for battle. He then falls into formation behind and to Gaariss' left, and urges Jeff to keep cover behind himself, and falls into a defensive stance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Shileleigh on my quarterstaff, giving it a +1 bonus, and treating it as if it were 2 size categories larger, (Large, so 1d8/1d8, and add the +1 bonus). Moving one square above and one square to the right, and urging my Riding Dog to move one square above the O.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MeklorIlavator's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to be 3 spaces above the O(from the ability abrubt jaunt)


    Mexanis looks into the bushes, stilling his mind to concentrate on the arcane formulas he imprinted there this morning

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mexanis makes a spot check and readies an action to cast grease(if he can identify targets in the bushes)
    Roy Mustang Avatar by Ninja Chocobo
    Spoiler
    Show

    Games:
    After the War: IC OOC Adelard "Stone Face" Kranet

    Mountain Villiage:IC OOC Talus Kranet

    Kerluddein:IC OOC Michael Ventus

    Sucked In: IC OOC Pre-Jonathan

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Retro (the plant):
    Arianelle recognizes the feel of snagging on a plant, and turns to examine the situation. Seeing just what she's stumbled into draws a grimace. Ugh, getting that cleaned off won't be easy...isn't there a trail somewhere, so we wouldn't have to go through the brush? Or would it be a bad idea to take the trails? Drawing her sickle, she cuts the caught branch end off from the bush. After carefully wiping the blade on her loose leather pants and sheathing it, she hurries after the group, pulling off bits of stuck plant as she goes.

    Encounter:
    Arianelle's hands, still somewhat sticky from the plant, go to her pockets. She draws her sling and loads it, watching for attackers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Positioning at one right and down from the O

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Thargol tenses up and starts to slide his pack from his shoulder, slowly letting it glide to the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Recent events(trees and branches) would put me not far behind the Gnoll, which would be one up, one to the left
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    "Scree!" erupts from the bushes ((Beast)). The sound is followed by a strange (and remarkably cute) beast with an elephant-like nose (only shorter), bursting from the bushes. The donkey-sized beast squeals again (not unlike that of a pig) and falls to the grass, near death from many bolt wounds.
    "Hssshhthhs!" comes out of the bushes.

    A kobold dashes out of the bushes. It stops -- for only a split second -- looks surprised and runs back into the foliage. Gaariss -- with a smile promising nothing but trouble -- leaps over the fallen animal and pursues the kobold at full speed. "Scree..." the animal repeats, pathetically. It closes its eyes, and passes into the consciousness one feels only before death.

    ((OOC: I'll assume that Gauli is directly in the circle.))
    Party Formation:
    Code:
       M        bb
               bb
       JK T     bb
       G   N-B-bb--->
        A    a bb
    G = Gauli. K = Krey. J = Jeff. T = Thargol. M = Mexanis. A = Arianelle. B = Injured Animal. N = Gaariss. b = bush. a = used bolt.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Krey

    Krey feels a large pang of empathy for the creature, and seeing that it is so horribly wounded, begins to rush over to it. As he is moving, he calls out to Thargol, who is closer. "Hey, Thargol, could you feed that creature one of the healing potions? I think we might be able to save it."

    Spoiler
    Show
    On a side note, I don't know how many feet one "space" is
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-06-08 at 12:52 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Thargol

    "But what about our guide? We cannot let him rush off to get himself killed. Please take care of the beast!" he says, then starts to run towards the bushes, trying to clear the injures Animal with one mighty leap.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jump Check: (1d20+9)[29]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    "Right. I'll be right there." Krey moves over to the wounded animal, and takes a moment to try and bind its wounds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action to reach the Tapir, Standard action to make a Heal Check with the intent of delivering First Aid; that is, stabalizing the creature.

    (1D20+6)[10]
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Thargol easily bounds over the injured animal. He is quickly on his way to catch up with Gaariss.

    Krey, meanwhile, finds that his first attempt at healing the creature is unsuccessful in properly binding its wounds. Life still remains however -- even though death stands but a yard away from it.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Seeing his first effort to heal the creature fail, Krey swears loudly and rummages through his pack "Can't waste any more time. Here." Krey produces the small potion he received from Gaariss earlier, that is, the potion of of Cure Light Wounds. He uncorks the bottle and tips the liquid into the creature's mouth. "Here. Drink this." Seeing the potion take its effect, he follows after Gaariss and Thargrol, urging Jeff to follow him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I use up my potion of Cure Light Wounds to heal and stabalize the tapir, and take my move action to follow Gaariss

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-06-09 at 03:09 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Arianelle hurries past the animal and into the bushes, chasing after Gaariss.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    After the realization that it wasn't dead, the animal lets out a happy, "SCREEE!!" Seeing Arianelle run past, it decides it's some sort of game, and begins to make chase. The creature runs in small stumpy bounds, often causing the unwary adventurer to say, "Awwww"
    "Scree!" it said happily at the cleric.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MeklorIlavator's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Mexanis runs to follow Krey, hoping to support the others.
    Roy Mustang Avatar by Ninja Chocobo
    Spoiler
    Show

    Games:
    After the War: IC OOC Adelard "Stone Face" Kranet

    Mountain Villiage:IC OOC Talus Kranet

    Kerluddein:IC OOC Michael Ventus

    Sucked In: IC OOC Pre-Jonathan

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Thargol
    Barreling through the bushes, Thargol still tries to keep up with Gaariss, occassionaly castching glimpses of the Gnoll. Battingh aside a low hanging branch in front of his face, he tries to orient himself, looking for signs of the Kobolds

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check: (1d20+4)[11]
    Listen Check: (1d20+3)[5]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Sorry for not posting for so long. We were busy preparing for a house inspection.))

    The group begins to catch up with Gaariss. "Grah-grah," he says to the party, still running.

    Crash!

    The gnoll finds himself at the bottom of a fifteen-foot pit. "Scree!" says the Beast, catching up. It head-butts Krey friendlily and licks his face. The bushes rustle... The group is now surrounded by kobolds in the heavy foliage.

    Krey, although distracted by the beast's affection, manages to see hear the kobolds before their appearance.
    Gauli was snagged by a wait-a-minute-bush and notices the kobolds only as they ambush.
    A large branch- which Gaariss had pulled forward shortly before - had swung at Thargol. The kobolds arrive just as he dodges it.
    Mexanis' wary nature allows him to hear the kobolds' approach.
    And Arianelle was just close enough to hear the leader give the signal to attack.
    Everyone roll for Initiative (taking too long to post will result in moving one further in the cue).

    Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
    t   #### #k#k#t ## #k#####       t
         #k########k#k#########             
      ##k###       ###           #
        ##    M         #k###  t    t     
              B      OOk #k#### #        t   
     t      t JK T   OO #k###k
     k#       G         #k##k#     #
    # t        A         #k#    t 
           #  ##       #t    
     t    #k###k##     #k#         t
           # k#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey. J = Jeff. A = Arianelle. G = Gauli. T = Thargol. B = Beast. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into.
    k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in folage, granting 75% cover. # = Foliage. t = Tree (when directly in between a ranged attack and the target, the target receives cover if of medium size [small creatures gain twice the cover bonus]).

    Surprise Round: Everyone but Gauli and Thargol can perform one action this turn (roll for initiative anyway).
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-12 at 09:31 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Right. Initiative roll for Krey (1D20)[1]

    And not to be picky, but you forgot my Animal Companion in your chart. I'll roll his initiative, as well

    Jeff's a riding dog, so he's got 15 DEX, so thats +2 (1D20+2)[19]

    Edit: Wow, The dice have not been on Krey's side recently at all.
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-06-12 at 08:13 AM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative for Arianelle: (1d20+2)[9]

    Would that signal have been in a language Arianelle speaks? Or does she hear but not understand?

    Also, curious about the effects of 75% cover, if you're willing to expand.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MeklorIlavator's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20)[11]


    Seeing the Kobolds, Mexanis shouts(in Draconic)We mean no harm. No one needs to be hurt here

    He moves to the tree next to Krey, ducking to avoid possible incoming missile weapons.
    Roy Mustang Avatar by Ninja Chocobo
    Spoiler
    Show

    Games:
    After the War: IC OOC Adelard "Stone Face" Kranet

    Mountain Villiage:IC OOC Talus Kranet

    Kerluddein:IC OOC Michael Ventus

    Sucked In: IC OOC Pre-Jonathan

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+1)[2]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Note: I got mixed up with cover an concealment when I said 75%. They actually just have normal cover.))
    Here's the initiative order:

    7 kobolds
    Mexanis
    3 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    ((I've messaged Faithdreamer. I'll NPC Gauli if he doesn't post soon.))

    Seven kobolds fire their javelins at the party before Mexanis can move. "Ssshhrekkth!" hissed one of the kobolds. (note: the name of the roll is target of the attack)
    Mexanis - (1d20)[7] Krey - (1d20)[13] Krey - (1d20)[2] Jeff - (1d20)[7] Gauli - (1d20)[5] Arianelle - (1d20)[15] Thargol - (1d20)[19]
    Damage Rolls (if the attacks hit): Mexanis - (1d4-1)[1] Krey - (1d4-1)[2] Krey - (1d4-1)[3] Jeff - (1d4-1)[1] Gauli - (1d4-1)[2] Arianelle - (1d4-1)[3] Thargol - (1d4-1)[2]

    The group manage to block and avoid most of the javelins. One, however, hits Thargol in the leg (2 damage to Thargol). The arrow sized javelin would have to be removed when there's time.
    "Scree!!" says the beast. It runs off in a full dash towards a non-kobold-infested bush, and hits into a tree.

    Mexanis manages to reach his destination after jumping over a shot. Seeing him run, three kobolds make him their target. Luckily, they fire just as he had reached the cover (attack rolls in new post). New Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
    t   #### #k#k#t ## #k#####       t
         #k########k#k#########             
    t ##k###       ###           #
    #   ##    M         #k###  t    t     
     \-------/B      OOk #k#### #        t   
     t      t|JK T   OO #k###k
     k#     <-G         #k##k#     #
    # t        A         #k#    t 
           #  ##       #t    
     t    #k###k##     #k#         t
           # k#  #      #    t
    MediumTurquoise = direction Mexanis travels in. Magenta = direction Beast travels in.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-13 at 06:03 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Attacks on Mexanis: Attack - (1d20)[6] Attack - (1d20)[19] Attack - (1d20)[12] (note: Mexanis has cover from the tree).
    Damage rolls if attacks hit: Damage - (1d4-1)[2] Damage - (1d4-1)[1] Damage - (1d4-1)[1]

    The first two javelins are caught on a brach and the trunk, but the third manages to score on Mexanis' side through a gap in the tree. The wound- though little to a warrior -pains Mexanis deeply and, for a moment, causes his vision to blur with pain.

    Arianelle's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-13 at 01:19 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Gauli had lost himself in his thoughts after pulling up his jerkin to guard against the insidious tickles. The only reason he escaped injury from the initial ambush was because he was kneeling to tie his boot. Bleary-eyed, he looked around the forest without really understanding what was going on. "It was so cute." He mumbled.
    As soon as he understood the stick near his heel was actually a javelin, he shrank back with a yelp. “Kobolds!” He shouted. “Ambush, weapons this way! Ambush over here! We’re being attacked!”

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20)[10]

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    The javelin leaves a short gash in Arianelle's leather vest before deflecting harmelessly off her armor. Seeing the mage bombarded with more of the little darts, she draws her sickle in her left hand and moves to better screen him against the nearest Kobolds, while calling her proposal in their general direction.

    "Let us by now, or someone will end up badly hurt! We'll take the Gnoll with us..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a 5-foot step left on the map.
    Now holding the sickle in the hand with the buckler...

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    The only attention the kobolds pay, is that Arianelle moved. And so they throw their javelins at her, as well as the other party members.
    Arianelle - (1d20)[2] Arianelle - (1d20)[7] Krey - (1d20)[18] Krey - (1d20)[2] Jeff - (1d20)[9] Gauli - (1d20)[15] Thargol - (1d20)[16] Arianelle - (1d20)[13] Gauli - (1d20)[8]
    Damage rolls if hit: Arianelle - (1d4-1)[1] Arianelle - (1d4-1)[0] Krey - (1d4-1)[2] Krey - (1d4-1)[3] Jeff - (1d4-1)[3] Gauli - (1d4-1)[1] Thargol - (1d4-1)[1] Arianelle - (1d4-1)[0] Gauli - (1d4-1)[2]

    Krey's head feels a burning sensation as a javelin cuts across his head. A hairline fracture appears on the gnome's skull. (2 points of damage to Krey)
    A tiny splash of blood erupted from Gauli's left shoulder. The javelin was lodged firmly. (1 point f damage to Gauli)
    Thargol was also not without injuries. In his attempt to doge, a javelin caught his arm. (1 point of damage to Thargol)

    ((More later. For now I must go to work))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-14 at 12:27 AM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    When he finally felt the wound, he did not scream.
    He had already grit his teeth in a strange growl, and simply growled louder when he finally tore it out. Saliva dripping across his lips, he realized there might be little wooden slivers inside the wound. He let his wounded arm go limp and brought his axe to his side.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((OK, initiative order....))

    Kobolds
    Jeff
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold
    It is now Krey's turn.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Rubbing his head, Krey thinks to himself <Okay, looks like they're not going to listen to reason at all. Only recourse left is to fight> Krey turns to his right and sees a kobold through the bushes. He goes toward it, and as he's doing so, points to another Kobold in the bushes ahead of Menaxis, and tells Jeff "Get him, Jeff". As he reaches the Kobold, he grips his staff and takes a nice swing at him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action to go 15 feet south to reach the Kobold just two squares south of Arianelle (I am in the bush just next to the Kobold now). Free action during that move action to tell Jeff to Attack the Kobold in the bushes in front of Menaxis (Attack as a Bonus Trick, used as a Move Action due to Link with my Animal Companion) Standard Action to attack the Kobold in front of me with my quarterstaff, which is still under the effects of Shillelagh, so is treated as a +1 medium Quarterstaff for the time being.

    Rolls
    Handle Animal Check (1d20+8)[24]
    To Hit; (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage Roll (if it hits) (1d8+1)[9]
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((You can't use a move action and a standard action since it's the surprise round.))

    Kobold
    Jeff
    6 kobolds
    Mexanis
    Kobold
    Gauli
    2 kobolds
    Arianelle
    9 kobolds
    Krey
    Thargol
    Kobold

    ((Edit: OK, map update... yeah, fun.))
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ##       
    t   #### #k#k#t ## #k#####       t
         #k########k#k#########             
    t ##k###       ###           #
    #   ##              #k###  t    t     
                     OOk #k#### #        t   
     t      t JK T   OO #k###k
     k#     M G|        #k##k#     #
    # t       A|         #k#    t 
           #  #K       #t    
     t    #k###k##     #k#         t
           # k#  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis. K = Krey (now in cover). A = Arianelle. G = Gauli. T = Thargol. B = Beast. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into.
    k = Kobold (all kobolds are standing in folage, granting . # = Foliage. t = Tree. | = line of travel.

    The kobold, seeing Krey come forward, blinks for a moment before drawing his/her (it's hard to tell with kobolds) spear.

    **Surprise round end**
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-06-15 at 11:21 PM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •