Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 380
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Arianelle drags herself to her feet, getting a glimpse of the new situation, and bends over the kobold, cleaning and binding acid burns hastily. Light's mercy, we have a chance... She calls out to the others. "That thing isn't going to beat them, is it? Someone get Gaariss out of the hole so we can leave while they're busy!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stand, heal check (1d20+6)[25] to stabilize kobold

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Being blissfully ignorant of the Gnoll in the hole Gauli wanders around (somehow avoiding getting stuck in the struggle) and doesn’t rest until his warped helmet is planted firmly on his head. Once he feels content he goes back into the trees, feeling more than a little tired. His eyes give more than a few clues to suggest his state of mind and his skin is suddenly pale. He hasn't taken well to the fighting.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-07-08 at 04:56 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Upon Arianelle suggestion, Thargol turns around shrply, running to wards the trap and readying the rope from his pack. "By the gods, she is right!"
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    From the efforts of Krey and Thargol, the flames are only 50% of what they once were.
    Though the acid had deteriorated his/her skin greatly, the kobold is bandaged up and the acid is removed.
    Gauli finds his helmet in some foliage. A frog is sitting in it ((Free action to put the helmet on with the frog in it [the frog won't be harmed.], move action to put it on without the frog.)). "Ribbit" the frogs greets.
    Thargol notices-- after a tug that could uproot a tree --that it would be hard by himself. ((Two difficult strength checks are required to keep the rope steady while Gaariss climbs it [he's very heavy]. If you have someone help you then it will be easier [or you could tie the rope to a tree and hope it stays put.].))
    Jeff sits their bewildered. He barks aggressively at the distant kobolds.

    Kobolds stab at the beast, their spears hardly breaking the tough skin. The white kobold in what might be its neck.
    The mini elephant-like creature throws its head back repeatedly, finally sending the white kobold through the air. Thunk! And into a tree. He/she lies their dazed. rough map:
    Code:
                ZZZZ
              ZZZZZZZ
                ZZZZZ
    
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ###     
    t   #### #####tW###########       t
         ######################             
    t #####       ###           #
    #   ##              #####  t#   t     
                     OO x######          t   
     t      t        OO ######
     x                T ###K##     #
    #At                 x ###    t 
           #  ## G     #t    
     t    #x##Mx##    xJx#         t
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli. T = Prone Thargol [5hp]. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. Z = Combat with beast-thing. W = White kobold.

    ((Note: Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the picture of the white kobold.))
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-09 at 12:53 PM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    "I´ll be damned if I can´t pull that beast from under there. There´s at least some Orc in me" Thargol thought, and with a grimace and determination, he picked himself up from the ground and set himself to the task.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Kioran; 2007-07-10 at 04:14 PM.
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Seeing the half-orc tugged off balance, Arianelle sets her teeth and sprints back across the open space to help him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    run to reach Thargol so that she can assist in holding the rope next round.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Gauli doesn't even notice the frog in his helmet and plops it on his head without comment. He sets his axe back where it should have stayed and waits with Mexanis, watching the others struggle over the rope. Really it was common sense.
    His weirdly colored eyes searched the white kobold for signs of what it might do. Among other things he knew it was ruthless, and heartless things were something worth keeping two eyes on.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-07-10 at 08:06 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((I'll tell you the result for Gaariss now.)) With much effort, the two hold the rope long enough for the gnoll to climb it. "Raagh-Raaah!" he says friendlily. He licks Thargol and Arianelle: A gnollish sign of gratitude rarely performed.
    Gauli sees the White Kobold is attempting to recover its awareness.

    The tapir kills two more kobolds, and injures another one. "Screee!" echoes from the bushes. The baby pig-thing was attacked by a red kobold with a scimitar. The supposed parent of the animal breaks through the stunned reptilians and charges full-on at the Red Kobold. It runs away, stops every time the beasts seemed to lose interest and shoots them until they further pursue. The other kobolds stare off into blankness after the Red Kobold, giving the impression of a moment of silence.
    "Rasfpphhgrrthiiiss!" the White Kobold hisses, breaking the silence. "Hssh Phiskick gtht ssss! Xivvit fSsssk qurrrkth!
    "Ziiiitbh? Kuriiistariisslmas? Yiiy!"


    Eight kobolds move with the White kobold closer to the party. Eighteen more huddle together with a black kobold. The second lot look stronger (besides the white kobold).
    The fire has spread in all the action ((Krey automatically moves away from the spreading flames.)).

    Code:
                ZZZZ
              ZZZZZZZ
                ZZZZZ
    
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ###     
    t   ##k#kk#k##t############       t
         ##kW#k#k##############             
    t ###k#       ###           #
    #   ##              #####  t#   t     
                     OO x######          t   
     t      t        OO ##K###
     x               NT ######     #
    #At               A x ###    t 
           #  ## G     #t    
     t    #x##Mx##    xJx#         t
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli. T = Prone Thargol [5hp]. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. W = White kobold. Z = Huddled kobolds.


    ((Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the picture of Gaariss.))
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Krey jumps back from the flames spreading again. "Crap!" He wheels around and sees the fight escalating. Swearing again in Druidic, he rushes back towards Thargol, kicking himself for not being able to do anything more for the fire with the fight going on as it is.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move action to get next to Thargol, opposite Gaariss.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    It´s time to finish this, before the entire forest is reduced to cinders Thargol thought, looking around. he hesitated But there´s little cover to be found, making this very dangerous
    Suddenly, he decides for a course of action and makes a dash straight across the clearing, for the lone tree opposite of the group of Kobolds....
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Raging kobolds barraged his senses only a few trees away so they could lead him to nothing less than total insanity. Clever little beasts never left well enough alone and he wouldn’t either. Raising his voice so everyone could hear it he gave another suspect command. “Someone tell me if we can put out that fire.”
    He approved of their strength in hauling that flea-ridden mutt from the hole, but he wouldn’t tell them that. Unfortunately for his stores of chocolate that meant he owed them a piece. They didn’t need to know that. He heard a distinct croak from his helmet. That was probably just a scratchy throat. His eyes never once left the white Kobold, they shifted from side-to-side in search of anything that might call his attention.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Arianelle, entirely unfamiliar with Gnoll gratitude, flinches away from the licking. She watches in bemusement as the others shake out into what could be termed fighting positions. I can run, I'm not the one needs to be leaving now for a head start...

    She takes the opportunity to jog over to the sheltering leaves behind the...strangely rambling...dwarf, and attempts to draw the miniature javelins from his leg and shoulder. While doing that, she addresses the others. "The last kobolds had javelins. We're lucky to be alive. These have crossbows. Gaariss is out of the pit. Why are we standing here?" Though initially calm, or at least controlled, her voice rises noticeably on the final question.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move and take ten heal check to treat Gauli

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Sorry guys, I've got a chest infection, so I'm too sick to DM for now. I'll try to post tomorrow [if you like, you can roll for initiative now*])).

    OOC: *: Note on the dice roller: [roll=Test]XdY(+/-Z)[/roll ]
    Test = the name of the roll. X = number of dice used. Y = number of sides to each dice. Z = amount added or subtracted from the roll. Note that it won't work if you have the space between the "roll" and the "]".
    Example - (1d20+10)[12]

    Hope this helps, and I hope I get better soon.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope you get better soon that chest cold seems to be impairing your motor functions. It looked like you typed 'roll for initiative', and I wondered whether Connors was that weird. You didn't mean fight or anything...
    I'm sorry, that may have been in poor taste. I really hope you feel better soon. Don't forget to eat well and exercise a little if you can. Nothing too serious, you might try walking from one end of the room to the other.


    Gauli clenches his teeth tightly, jerking around as the javelins are pulled from him. He doesn't think so much, he'd even forgotten they were there. It felt good to hurt. For the first time in minutes he remembered he could move that way.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-07-14 at 11:33 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Finally feeling a bit better.))

    Arinelle removes several javelins from Gauli, causing him acute pain. ((Gauli's speed has returned to normal.))
    The kobolds that had huddled together, begin to move. They circle around the pit toward the party's right flank.
    "Grahg-hrah, grah-rah grrg," Gaariss volunteers. He moves away swiftly toward the flanking group of kobolds.

    Everyone please roll for initiative.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]

    Good to have you back.

    To give everyone notice, I'm going to be away friday to monday, and may not have internet access. If it turns out that I do, I'll let you know.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Enlong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In deNile

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[10]

    Welcome back boss! Missed ya!
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

    Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

    Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    1d20

    Stupid 10 letter limit

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Gah! I messed up the rolling function. Real initiative:
    (1d20)[12]

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[11] Wonder how I managed to botch that?

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative roll:(1d20+1)[11]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[6]
    Initiative roll is hereby begun.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    ((Sorry about the late posting. My virus has somehow became a stomach problem, so I won't be posting the first combat action yet. Here's the initiative order for now.))

    Initiative order:
    Kobold
    2 kobolds
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Arianelle
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Conners's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC) EDIT

    All the kobold load their crossbows.

    Initiative order:
    Kobold
    2 kobolds
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Mexanis' turn.

    Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ZZZ
    t   ##k#kk#k##t########ZZZZ       t
         ##kW#k#k##########ZZZ#             
    t ###k#       ###           #
    #   ##              #####  t#   t     
                     OO x######  N       t   
     t      t        OO ##K###
     x      T           ######     #
    ##t                 x ###    t 
           #  ##AG     #t    
     t    #x##Mx##    xJx#         t
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli. T = Prone Thargol [5hp]. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. W = White kobold. Z = Huddled kobolds.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-25 at 11:42 PM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Mexanis looks towards the sound of reloading crossbows. And turns to Gauli.
    I don't think we can beat this group. Especially if the huddled ones join in. What should we do? I'm almost out of spells, All I have left is Mount. I can't fight them! I'll die!
    Saying this the slim wizard's right hand begins twirling a single silver piece.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Gauli turned from face to face feeling his fingers with his palms only as long as they could still feel before they went white. He felt like a ragged scrap of meat so thin it looked like cloth, he felt like shaking. Mexanis needed his help, that was enough for him. "Horses and trees don't mix." He observed. "Or dwarves for that matter, so don't use the horse spell." He blinked, inching back a hairsbreadth. "You're smart enough not to get killed, so lets see what everyone else does before we make ourselves scare from all those nasty little bolts. It hurts when you're shot, but bolts are sissies compared to javelins." His humorless smirk showed more teeth than it should have.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-07-24 at 09:42 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Arianelle stares disbelievingly at the Dwarf. "If we let them shoot at us, it'll be bad anyway. If we're not going to go away, we've got a better chance right up in front of them."

    That said, she waits to see what the others actually do.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Arianelle startles and fixes her eyes on apparently empty air toward the middle of the clearing, awe and a touch of suspicion dawning on her face. Moments later she blinks, and mutters under her breath. "Was that it? It was different before. But I'm awake this time...Doesn't matter, no choices. Can't all run anyway... At them, before they can shoot!"

    She charges across the open space toward the kobolds, sickle in hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack roll: (1d20+3)[6](9) damage: (1d6+1)[5]
    AC 15
    Charging and attacking like so:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ZZZ
    t   ##k#kk#k##t########ZZZZ       t
         ##kW#k#k##########ZZZ#             
    t ###k#    |  ###           #
    #   ##     |        #####  t#   t     
               |     OO x######  N       t   
     t      t   \    OO ##K###
     x      T   |       ######     #
    ##t         |       x ###    t 
           #  ##AG     #t    
     t    #x##Mx##    xJx#         t
           # ##  #      #    t

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DC area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going under the assumption that I delayed my turn due to general Indecision

    Mexanis looks around frantically, as if trying to find someone.
    Huh? Wait don't go! What am I supposed to do with it? Fine. Its not like the spell will do any good later.Arcesso Equus
    As he says this a light horse appears, standing in front of Mexanis as if waiting for him to mount.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action:Cast Mount(The mount should appear in the squares directly in front of me)

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kioran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bundeskaff Bonn, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

    Thargol sees the priestess-woman running intot he enemy ranks. Cursing softly, he takes one deep breath and gathers his strength. "May today become the day...... he mutters softly, before setting his sights on the white Kobold. Explosively, he breaks from his position, runs towards his mark, and drops to his knees, sliding up to the white Kobold to deliver a crushing backhand to the head...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status: 5/9 HP, AC 14
    taking a move action to head over to the white Kobold, using my one stunning attack (DC 13). Oh...it was nice knowing the rest of the party.
    Attack roll (1d20+3)[19]
    damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

    Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •