New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Orc Politics (IC) Edit

The kobold Arianelle attacks lifts its crossbow to shield itself from the oncoming blow. The sickle stabs into the weapon, cutting the catch which holds the bolt. Twang! A kobold steps back hurriedly to avoid the misfire. The crossbow, after its modification, looks more suited to be a club.
    The horse Mexanis sees, seems to be a perfectly ordinary horse, besides the fact it's white. The only strange thing, is that it's mane is slightly golden and-- glowing... The horse's two shiny eyes look at Mexanis invitingly. "Neigh!" it says, in a somehow nicer way then horses usually sound.
    The white kobold stops hissing to turn to Thargol, crossbow aimed perfectly at his head. The half-orc is still ten feet away as the white kobold aims. Click, the trigger is pulled back...... but the bolt stays where it is. The white kobold looks at its crossbow confused, trying to see if the bolt had disappeared without seeing its flight. As it does this, WHAM! The white kobold slides backwards from the force of the blow. It sways a few times, then, with his hand to the spear on its back, its teeth grit and a glare of utter fury -- falls to the ground...

The other kobolds stare in shock at their fallen leader, as well as the monk that felled it. One reptilian shakes off the confusion, and aims its crossbow up at Arianelle. "Rauf, rauf!"
    'Wha-?' was the most likely thoughts of that kobold before the great monster leapt upon him. It was Jeff. The creature he savages would not be getting up any time soon.

A wind feeds the flames into a sudden inferno, absorbing more bushes.

Formation:
    Code:
      ##      # ##  # #  ## ZZZ
    t   ##k#kk#k##t########ZZZZ       t
         ##kx#k#x##########ZZZ#             
    t ###k# T A J ###           #
    #   ##              #####  t#   t     
                     OO x######  N       t   
     t      t        OO ##K###
     x      T           ######     #
    ##t                 x ###    t 
           #  ###G     #t    
     t    #x#HMx##    x#x#         t
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Gauli. T = Prone Thargol [5hp]. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. W = White kobold. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    2 kobolds
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Krey's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-26 at 08:07 PM.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

Seeing the powerful work of his companion, Krey cannot contain his excitement "Woo-hoo!" he cries, then jumps back as the fire flares up again. He grits his teeth again and, understanding that the safety of the group is what he should be focusing on, darts from his spot and moves closer to the kobolds, while remaining in the foliage for cover, putting his guard up in anticipation of attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    using move action to move through the foliage, to the top-left corner of the patch of bushes I was already in, and using Standard action to initiate Total Defense for this round.
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-07-26 at 07:56 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

"That's a nice horse." He looked more than a little edgy. "Let's not sully Moradin's favor with blood, can you talk them out of this?" Inches closer to the horse he'd be able to step behind it if someone tried shooting at him. That was what it wanted, after all. "At worst they'll eat him instead of us." He glanced at the horse and shimmied closer to Mexanis. He wasn't keen on following everyone into a crossfire and getting his innards on display before their message got where it was supposed to go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving a little closer to Mexanis but standing beside the horse in view of everyone in the clearing. Ready an action to dive behind it and defend if someone attacks at range.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-07-26 at 08:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184

Krey hustles closer to the kobolds, while the cowardly fighter sidles behind the horse.
    A more clumsy kobold had dropped his bolt into the foilage while reloading its crossbow, and only just now fishes it out and begins to once again load the weapon.

In the distance, Gaariss challenges the other group of kobolds, alone. The lizardlings look to be snickering as they reload their crossbows. Twang! A flurry of bolts fly at the gnoll and blurring speed. The ranger sidesteps, just as quickly as the oncoming projectiles, but several kobold had shot late and anticipated this. A second flock of bolts fly at the gnoll. Unable to dodge, he brings out his over-sized battleaxe and handaxe, shielding himself best he can. Chink, chang, klunk! All but one of the bolts deflect off his axes, and the one that hit barely gets through the chainshirt Gaariss wears.
    Grinning largely at the frightened kobolds, Gaariss charges headlong into them. He decapitates one and severs another in half, vertically.

The fight continues.....

End of Round 1

Beginning of Round 2

The kobolds look at each other, shocked by the brave action of the monk and cleric. They aim their crossbows (careful to avoid shooting their own) and... click! Nothing happens. The kobolds examine their weapons bewildered. They spend their time unjamming their crossbows.

Formation:
    Code:
         ##kw#k#x##########ZNZ#             
    #   ##              K####  t#   t     
                     OO x######          t   
     t      t        OO ######
     x      T           ######     #
           #  ####     #t    
     t    #x#HMx##    x#x#         t
           # #G  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Prone Thargol [5hp]. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. w = Unconscious/Dying White kobold. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    2 kobolds
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Mexanis' turn.
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think I can really ride this thing into battle...but he's a normal horse! He can attack by himself!
    Go! Attack the kobold.
    Saying this Mexanis points to the kobold directly in front of the summoned horse. After ordering the horse, Mexanis moves behind Arianelle, calling out to Gauli as he does so. Come, Gauli. Or companions need us.

Spoiler
    Show
    I summoned a light horse, so I assume this is permissible. I believe its a standard action to direct it.
    Mexanis: Standard action to direct horse. Move action to get next behind Arianelle.
    Horse: Move action to get next to Kobold.
    Attack Roll:(1d20-2)[3]
    Damage:(1d4+1)[3]

6. - Top - End - #186

((Sorry for not saying this ealier, but I handle all rolls and actions made by animal companions and summoned creatures [unless they have no mind].))

The horse seems disappointed by Mexanis' not mounting it. Still, it decides to charge into the kobolds. Charge Attack - (1d20+6)[21] Hoof - (1d4+6)[10] A strange, white, see-through smoke appears around the horse's front hooves as it charges. It pulls itself back suddenly, and throws its full weight down at the targeted kobold.
    The reptilian almost explodes from the impact. It's ribs are broken and blood splatters over the bushes around it, and burns away like acid... The neighs, frightened at the gush of blood, but steers itself back into the fray.

Formation:
    Code:
         ##kw#k#x##########ZNZ#             
    #   #H    M         K####  t#   t     
                     OO x######          t   
     x                  ######     #
           #  ####     #t    
     t    #x###x##    x#x#         t
           # #G  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Prone Thargol [5hp]. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. w = Unconscious/Dying White kobold. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    2 kobolds
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Horse
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Arianelle's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-29 at 11:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arianelle watches the kobolds fumbling with their inexplicably disfunctional crossbows. Thank you... Noting the mage at her back, Arianelle holds her place in the line, cutting at the kobold with her sickle.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+1)[11](12) damage (1d6+1)[4]

If she takes it down, she'll step diagonally up/left next to the white kobold

8. - Top - End - #188

The kobold blocks Arianelle again with its crossbow(club), the weapon is cut in two from the blow. It hisses what might be a curse, and draws its spear, beginning to strike...
    Jeff at this point, sees the kobold threatening the human who healed him, and jumps at the kobold's throat. Attack - (1d20+3)[19] Bite - (1d6+3)[6] Jeff catches onto the kobold's neck, ripping it badly and cracking the bone. The kobold chirps in pain, and writhes on the ground.

Formation:
    Code:
         ##kw#kJx##########ZNZ#             
    t ###k# T A   ###           #
                     OO x######          t   
           #  ####     #t    
           # #G  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Thargol. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. w = Unconscious/Dying White kobold. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Horse
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Thargol's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-30 at 09:34 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

rolling over his left shoulder, Thargol comes back to his feet, rolling over the white Kobold and kicking at the one dirctly behind it

Spoiler
    Show
    That´s assuming I am, indeed, prone to begin with. Makes 1 AoO for the kobold to the upper left of me. Otherwise I´d 5-foot step for a full attack
    Attack (1d20+3)[22]
    Damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

10. - Top - End - #190

((Oh darn I'm sorry. I forgot to change that from when you were on the ground dying. That means we go with the 5-foot step and full attack.))

Thargol steps forward and swings his leg around, catching a kobold on the side of its neck before it could shield itself with its crossbow. It falls to the ground, well stunned.

Formation:
    Code:
    t   ##k#xk#k##t########ZZZZ       t
         ##kT#kJx##########ZNZ#             
    t ###k#  A   ###           #
                     OO x######          t   
           #  ####     #t    
           # #G  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Thargol standing over unconscious white kobold. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Horse
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Krey's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-30 at 11:27 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey notes with a bit of disappointment that the kobold numbers are already dwindling without him. Nevertheless, he exits the foliage and moves toward the fray, exiting the bushes, and noting a strange lack of noise from the fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Krey uses a move action to move one square north and three east (20 feet) and a standard action to use total defense for the round. Is the fire out somehow? Also, note that my being here today doesn't mean that I don't still wish you to NPC me if I don't show up later... did that make any sense?

Spoiler
    Show

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    double post hurts
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-07-30 at 11:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

((Actually, that was a mistake on my part. The fire is still there.))

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold
    Mexanis
    Horse
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Gauli's turn.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

One cowardly dwarf started to sneak out from behind the trees and walk toward all the ruckus with no care for his well-being, fingers haunched like claws ready to rend flesh and tear at screaming kobolds so they cried for mercy.

"I am the demon of Moradin!" He growled over the fire. "I'll spill your guts from your skulls and use them as flagons of ale for my friends who have stone bones to sate their thirst for dragon scales on!" He raised his arms for effect. "And blood suckled their beards that spilled down their gore spattered bodies which where bulging with Dwarf mighty muscles and horrid killing breath so the minute little dragon's kin screamed and begged for mercy but got none unless they run!" His wild eyes and snarling lips could only help, especially when his monologue wasn't far off from how he looked.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[18] (I can't remember what my modifiers were... I'll post the final result here.)
    It turned out that I had none, so I got eighteen for my Intimidate check. Meow.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-07-30 at 11:55 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

((One problem with your intimidation check is that it won't work so well if the kobolds don't speak common.))

The kobolds ignore the dwarf's foreign ravings. Anger -- unquenchable dark lust for revenge builds up in the reptilians. The outsiders injured and killed their comrades, were surviving with only injuries and, defeated their leader. "Rkksshiiyyaassss!" they cry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let them scream as the Nine Hells!
    They drop their un-working crossbows, draw their spears, and charge while screaming something in Draconic.
    Attacks: Arianelle - (1d20)[18] Thargol - (1d20)[16] Thargol - (1d20)[18] Flank Jeff - (1d20+2)[4]
    Two kobolds come upon Thargol, trying to avenge their leader. Another one steps forward before attacking Arianelle like a berserker. A fourth stabs at Jeff from behind while he's distracted by another kobold.
    Damage: Arianelle - (1d6-1)[1] Thargol - (1d6-1)[4] Thargol - (1d6-1)[4] Jeff - (1d6-1)[2]
    Arinelle slices at the spear as it comes at her. Unfortunately, her hand-- soaked with sweat --lets slip her sickle, and the spear continues on with the weapon attached to its shaft. Luckily, the sickle unbalances the spear's thrust, but still the cleric's cheek, ear and nose are badly torn. She smells an overpowering scent of blood, coming from her own half-gone nose. [1 point of damage. You are unable to smell until healed. Your nose can be completely fixed only through magic healing.]
    Thargol is shocked by the sudden attack. He gets into combat stance and snatches at the first oncoming spear. He misses.... The small shaft continues on through the half-orc's hand and meets his shoulder deeply. Shouting in agonizing pain, Thargol forgets the second attacker... Spliishotch, the spear stuck out through the monk's back, having begun from his chest. The kobolds remove their spears quickly, leaving Thargol to writhe in his agony. [8 points of damage, status of dying: -3 HP. Unable to use right hand without magical or longterm healing.]
    Jeff's ears prick up. He jumps barely in time to avoid the kobold attacking his rear.

The fire spreads more slowly then previously.

Formation:
    Code:
    t   ###kx#####t########ZZZZ       t
         ##kT#kJk##########ZNZ#             
    t ###x#   A  ###           #
                     OO x######          t   
     x        G         ######     #
           #  ####     #t    
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Thargol, prone and dying [-3hp] lying next to unconscious white kobold. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold

Mexanis
    Horse
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Mexanis' turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-30 at 01:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Thargol! Horse, get them!
    Saying this Mexanis runs over to the Kobold directly over Thargol and stabs him with his dagger, though misses wildly.

Spoiler
    Show

Mexanis:Move:right 15 feet, up 5 feet.
    Attack:(1d20-1)[0]
    Damage:(1d4-1)[0]
    Horse: Attack the kobolds that attacked Thargol. I guess I should leave the rolling up to you, DM.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2007-07-31 at 11:18 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197

Mexanis-- having no experience in combat --stabs pathetically at the kobold. It, in turn, catches the weapon by the blade, filling the human with shock and horror. The lizardling wrestles with Mexanis for his weapon ((Make a strength check.)). Strength - (1d20-1)[9]
    The horse is at a loss as to which kobold to attack. One attacks the wizard who summoned him, but the other is about to finish the dying monk. In quick decision, the horse attacks the former, hoping for the best. Attack - (1d20+4)[20] Attack - (1d20+4)[24] Attack - (1d20-1)[19]
    Hoof - (1d4+3)[4] Hoof - (1d4+3)[6] Bite - (1d3+1)[2]
    The horse's hooves come down upon the kobold, crushing many of its bones. With what life it had left, the kobold stabbed at the horse with its spear, screaming Draconic at the top of its injured lungs. The horse, luckily, sidestepped in time, and bit onto the kobold's head. The creature's skull was shattered -- and so it died.

Formation:
    Code:
         ##kT#kJk###K######ZNZ#             
    t ###xHM  A  ###           #
                     OO x######          t   
           #  ####     #t    
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Thargol, prone and dying [-3hp] lying next to unconscious white kobold. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold

Mexanis
    Horse
    Arianelle
    Jeff
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Arianelle's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-07-31 at 12:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Spoiler
    Show
    Er, is Arianelle disarmed now? Not that that changes her current action.

"Aiii!" Arianelle staggers a moment and slaps her left hand to her gashed face. Regaining her balance, she draws it away again, little more blood-coated than it was already.

Her own injury does not prevent her from watching Thargol run through...again. Ducking past the kobold's spear she watches the kobold, and the dog behind it, intently.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step up/left, flanking the kobold against Jeff. Declaring dodge against that kobold. Readied action to burn bless to CLW (not defensively) Thargol after Jeff acts. Healing if the spell is cast successfully: (1d8+4)[6]

19. - Top - End - #199

((Sorry guys, but I got sick again. I've started taking Garlick pills for my health's sake. I guess it was hard to avoid, though. Apparently this is the biggest Flu victim rate in Australian history.))

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

((Awww. Don' worry about us 'till you get better. And that's an order. Australians are just too cool to be sick))

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

((Feeling a bit better....
    Oh yes, you are disarmed, Arianelle.))

Arianelle steps away just in time to avoid another stab. Pressed between her and the dog, the kobold is hesitant to act. Jeff, however..... He was angry, the orc-person-thing was his master's friend and the kobolds hurt him -- but the blood, was what really gets Jeff excited. He takes advantage of the kobold's indecisiveness and comes upon it. Attack - (1d20+5)[14] Damage - (1d6+3)[7]
    As he jumps, the kobold swings around and hits him in the side of the head with its spear. Jeff misses, and pauses a moment to shake off the blow.
    The kobold turns quickly again to try and strike Arianelle, but it was still off balance from its defence.

The cleric successfully heals Thargol. For him, the world snaps back out of the darkness that surrounded him. Stars and colours dance over his vision, the pain in his lungs surging through him like a burning disease. When the healing finished, all this went away, besides a strange tingling feeling pulsing through his body. Although the wounds through his hand and chest had been healed, blood still soaked his garment beyond recognition of its original colour.

Formation:
    Code:
         ##kTAkJk###K######ZNZ#             
    t ###xHM     ###           #
                     OO x######          t   
           #  ####     #t    
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Thargol, prone. lying next to unconscious white kobold. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold

Mexanis
    Horse
    Jeff
    Arianelle
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Thargol's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-04 at 01:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202

"Aahhhh...the pain. I´m spending far too much time on the ground" the Half-Orc thinks. But without much other viable options, he rolls back to his feet, hoping his luck holds, trxing to strike for a Kobold..

Spoiler
    Show
    So that´s moving with tumble to get back to my feet - it´s AoOs galore otherwise - coupled with an attempt to strike one of the kobolds:

Tumble (1d20+3)[6]
    Attack (1d20+3)[5]
    damage (1d6+3)[7]

23. - Top - End - #203

Still stunned from his injuries, Thargol's roll is clumsy on the dense foliage. The kobold who gave the half-orc his fatal wound stabs at him once again. Attack - (1d20)[15] Damage - (1d6-1)[2]
    The kobold's spear stabs into Thargol's leg, pinning him to the ground. He manages to half-stand and punch down at the creature's head, but it twisted the spear -- putting the monk in too much pain to even see the kobold.
    [2 points of damage. Standing in same square. Unable to move out without breaking the spear or removing it. Flatfooted. Speed decreased by 10ft. till treated.]

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold

Mexanis
    Horse
    Jeff
    Arianelle
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Krey's turn.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-04 at 10:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving through the rustling foliage, Krey moves within striking distance of the Kobold on his left. He grips his, sadly disenchanted, staff, and swings for the Kobold's ribs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 15 feet west with move action, and using standard action to attack the Kobold to my immediate west with my quarterstaff, which has run out of its shileilagh mojo by now.
    Attack roll (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage roll (if it hits) (1d4)[4]
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-08-04 at 03:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

Krey hears a satisfying-- and disturbing --"crack" from the kobold's ribs as his staff connects. It falls to the ground holding its injured side, cursing Krey in Draconic, from what he can tell.

Formation:
    Code:
         ##kTAkJxK#########ZNZ#             
    t ###xHM     ###           #
                     OO x######          t   
           #  ####     #t    
           # ##  #      #    t
    M = Mexanis (now in half-cover against ranged). H = Horse. K = Krey (now in cover against ranged). J = Jeff (in half-cover against range). A = Arianelle (now in half-cover against range). G = Cowardly Dwarf. T = Thargol, prone. lying next to unconscious white kobold. N = Gaariss. O = Pit that Gaariss fell into. # = Foliage. t = Tree. k = kobold. x = knocked-out/dying kobold (in cover against ranged attacks). Red = Burning. Purple = Dead. Z = Huddled kobolds.

Initiative order:
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    Kobold
    White Kobold

Mexanis
    Horse
    Jeff
    Arianelle
    Thargol
    Krey
    Gauli
    Kobold
    It is now Gauli's turn.

26. - Top - End - #206

((Gaulin isn't able to show up, so I'm NPCing him.))

Gauli-- his madness snapped out of him briefly --charges at the kobold between Jeff and Arianelle, axe swinging. Charge Attack - (1d20+5)[25] Damage - (1d10+3)[9] (Critical Miss)
    The kobold swings around again, hoping to catch the dwarf on the neck -- it misses... losing the arm that held the spear. The kobold steps back, chirping horrifically with its shock and pain. It stumbles, and continues writhe as it lies there near dead.
    Gauli, his warrior instincts awoken by the kobold's blood, lifts up his axe and yells at the top of his lungs. You all know enough of dwarven to recognize it as a victory shout.

End of Round 2
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-05 at 09:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

The kobolds look at your group hopelessly. They drop their spears, bring out daggers and hiss, "Rkkhgth, vvssig hhssssss!!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freedom to us! We shall not face your sadistic evils!!
    The lizardlings turn their daggers toward themselves, and plunge them into their chest. Damage - (1d4-1)[3] Damage - (1d4-1)[0] Damage - (1d4-1)[1] Fort - (1d20-1)[6]
    Damage - (1d4-1)[0] Damage - (1d4-1)[0] Damage - (1d4-1)[0] Fort - (1d20-1)[10]

Both kobolds stab deeply into their hearts. They drop to the ground dead.

Combat Ended:
    Victory

All party members gain 73EXP. Jeff gains 33EXP.

The horse, seeing the battle end, walks up to Mexanis -- and presses its large wet nose against his cheek. It neighs, then runs into the distance at a frightening speed, becoming less visible with each bound. Then, it disappears -- before any who watched even realize it was gone....

You may now post freely.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-06 at 10:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Arianelle watches with dull puzzlement as the last kobolds standing stab themselves to death. Turning away from the gruesomely removed opposition, she stoops to bind up the severed limb of the kobold Gauli just cut down. Without looking up, she remarks tonelessly "Someone should check on Gaariss." Is anyone left to look? It's by the Light's mercy...at least...that any of us are even alive.

29. - Top - End - #209

Thargol
    Wearily and with a slight grimace, the lumbering Half-Orc takes another stumbling step forward, then flops down in the grass. Then, teeth gritted against the pain, he slowly and methodically begins to remove the remains of the spear from his wound

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on my Heal check for a total of 15 to treat my injuries

30. - Top - End - #210

Arianelle begins the gruesome process of treating the wounded kobold. It's unconscious now, but still writhing in pain.

Thargol breaks the spear shaft near its head, and manages to pull out the spear. [Make a fort save against pain.]