New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Orc Politics (IC)

Glazed eyes are the least of his troubles he can't even see the bodies, really. His axe was already clean. Blood wafted from his clothes. He put his gear back together and sat down quietly in the shadow of a tree.

"Moradin grant your children peace and your enemies the compassion they're due." It's all he offers to the world for the things that just happened. Hard-faced as a stone the Dwarf waits counting blades of grass. He doesn't notice his helmet when it falls off his head.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Mexanis ignores the wound in his shoulder, as the adrenaline is still dulling the pain, though it's beginning to wear off. Seeing Thargol's wound, he offers the half-orc his potion, though he has to steady his right arm due to its shaking.
    Here, friend. Take my potion. You look like you could use it more than me.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I´ll roll that save first:
    Fortitude save: (1d20+3)[21]
    Also, thanks to Wayril for the nice Avatar!

Mourning Ashigaru of the - Fanclub

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thargol manages to remove the spear with only a quiet scream. He is able to move almost immediately after. [Speed reverts to normal.]

In the distance where Gaariss was fighting the kobolds, you see the gnoll doing some odd victory dance. He lifts up a kobold corpse in smells it. After a moment's consideration he takes a bite out of its arm. Chewing and concentrating hard, he gives an expression that shows the bite was not very satisfactory. The gnoll picks up several more kobolds and walks over to where most of the party are gathered. He then brings some firewood out of his bag, brings one of the sticks over to the forest fire, ignites it on a burning bush, and walks back to where the rest of the firewood is. Placing it on the other logs, he brings out a spit, planning to put one of the kobolds on it.
    My Happy Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRj9lQDVGY
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

He isn't paying that stuff any attention to begin with, the grass is his only interest despite the forest fire burning beside him and the... cleanup, going on in front of him.

6. - Top - End - #216

Arianelle finishes binding the kobold's stump and makes a frantic jog to the gnoll's cookfire to ensure that the guide is not attempting to cook any still-living kobolds.

7. - Top - End - #217

To Arianelle's relief (or horror), none of the kobolds the gnoll picked out were alive.
    Blinking with the attempt of understanding her actions, Gaariss gives that up and offers the cleric a partially cooked tail.

((OK guys. Just tell me when you've finished looting [and eating, in Gaariss' case] the kobolds. Then we'll move on to the Orc Camp.))
    Credit goes to Lord_Herman for the fantastic Joseph avatar (and the also fantastic Kremle avatar which I can't use because I'm already using the Joseph one).

8. - Top - End - #218

Arianelle plods back to the scattering of unconscious kobolds the party left behind without responding to the Gnoll's offer, the undamaged right side of her face very pale. "Thargol, see if there are any survivors from the bunch Gaariss was fighting. Please."

She begins stabilizing the still-living kobolds, beginning with those mauled by Jeff, then the white kobold Thargol laid out and the one Krey knocked down with his staff. There's no way the ones the horse got are alive...

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten on all heal checks, unless for some reason that proves inadequate

9. - Top - End - #219

Arianelle finds one of the kobolds dead from its injuries, but the rest are treated without incident.

Having finished a kobold, Gaariss cooks another one. He offers pieces of it to each member of the group, usually trying at least twice to convince them.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Sniffing around where he shouldn't have been the Gnoll only found a mute dwarf willing to kick him in the face if he pestered him any more. Things were just starting to hurt now, so he really wasn't in the mood for anything not that he would have to begin with.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

With the battle over, Krey moves around the now quiet battlefield. He sighs as he sees the still-burning fire, and understanding that it'll not spread to much else, being contained in the bushes, he still quenches one of the salvageable bushes with his last waterskin. He then eats a piece of meat offered to him by Gaariss without really looking at what he's eating. He responds with a vague cough when he realizes it's kobold meat, then shrugs and has a bit more "Mustn't waste, I suppose." He mutters. He then stands up. "Hey, one of you had a spade, right? Could I borrow it for a minute?"
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

12. - Top - End - #222

Thargol

Thargol looks over to the Gnoll, mildly disgusted. He then looks over to mexanis, shaking his head. "No, thanks. I have one of my own, besides, I´m relatively sure we´ll need them in times to come, and don´t want to squander our resources. Then, he looks over to the druid. "Here, take the spade. i´m afraid I can´t work that well right now - I´ll look for nearby water though. He struggles to his feet, looking over to Gaariss, barely hiding his disgust "Some people award their foes proper burial...."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey, sensing Thargol's disgust, agrees with him silently, and feels disgusted with himself for accepting Gaariss' offer. He remembers the sheer anger of the kobolds, and begins to suspect that there was far more to the attack then random xenophobia. "Who knows how this scene will affect our talks with the orcs?" he muttes, almost inaudibly, to himself. He silently shuffles over to the body of the White Kobold, the obvious leader of the group. Muttering a quick prayer, he begins to dig a grave for the kobold.

Spoiler
    Show

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

14. - Top - End - #224

"Get away from me.... you da**ed dirty gnome," the white kobold hisses. The group jerks in surprise. The kobold sat up and picked up his spear, pointing it at Krey dizzily.

Gaariss runs around panicking and screaming. After several attempts, one of you discerns that he's saying, "EEEKK, ZOMBIES!!"

15. - Top - End - #225

"Lie down, idiot lizard! You're in no condition to wave that stick around." Arianelle, revived a bit by the sudden action, takes a moment to glare at Krey. "Don't attempt to bury my patients while they're still breathing."

At the same time, she edges around behind the kobold, ready to restrain it if it does anything stupid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    readied action to restrain the kobold (as a grapple, fighting defensively) if it tries to stand or attack. Also flanking it against Krey, if possible.

Adendum: If she can't do both, she'll move but not ready the action.
    Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 2007-08-10 at 04:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226

The white kobold hisses viciously at Arianelle, continuing to hold its spear threateningly. "I won't be beaten by your kind," it says, rather weakly. "An ogre fell to me, and you'll die just as it did: With a big 'thump' as you hit the ground." It slowly reaches for something in its brown satchel....

17. - Top - End - #227

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I notice the happenings around the white Kobold? Can I interfere?

18. - Top - End - #228

((Yep, you're all assumed to have heard him. If not, you at least heard Gnolley--I mean Gaariss screaming, which would lead you to noticing the White Kobold after scanning your surroundings to see what's wrong.))

19. - Top - End - #229

Arianelle drops to her knees to grab for the Kobold, attempting to restrain it and hopefully keep its hands out of the satchel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming she isn't interrupted by a spear-jab (functional AC 18, with dodge):

Touch attack (1d20+1)[9](10), +2 if flanking with Krey.
    Grapple check (1d20+1)[13](14)

On success, she'll take the opportunity to deal damage only if she can be entirely sure that it won't endanger the kobold's life. Damage if so: (1d3+1)[2]
    That's non-lethal, of course...
    Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 2007-08-10 at 09:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Arianelle lands right on the White Kobold, it being still too dizzy to react. She hits hard on the kobold's forearm, bruising her fist and causing the stunned reptilian to drop its spear. It lies facing the ground -- too shocked to try anything.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey grabs the dropped spear, in order to keep the weapon out of the kobold's hands. Feeling incredibly stupid, he aplogises to Arianelle "I'm very sorry. I had no idea he was still alive. I was only trying to be respectful. Perhaps we should try to remove that bag from him? He probably has something dangerous in there."

Spoiler
    Show
    A little bit fuzzy on this action, but I think it's a move action to pick up the spear, and a free action to speak to Arianelle. The Kobold is on the ground, right? Not taking action for the time being?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232

"Oh..." Arianelle tries to think about this, founders on reconciling the idea of respectful burial with Gaariss's treatment of the dead, and falls back on immediate problems. "Get the bag if you can. And check for a dagger, too."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

He wouldn't have been surprised. Had the Orc simply killed him before it wasn't like he'd know he was in hell. He pushed off the ground with his hands and moved closer to the others, taking everything in slowly so he understood what was going on. "How can I help?"

24. - Top - End - #234

The kobold curses at the group in common, causing some of the members' eyes to widen. Gnolley-Gaariss has placed the fried kobolds onto kebab sticks, and once again offers one to each diplomat.
    Last edited by Conners; 2007-08-10 at 10:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey slaps himself in the forehead, a gesture of exasperation and self-disgust. Knowing that it is likely futile to try and reason with the white kobold, especially considering Gaariss' behavior towards the dead kobolds, Krey decides it far better to disarm the kobold. He reaches out for the satchel, and attempts to get it off of the kobold.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

Although the kobold squirms and struggles, Krey manages to take the satchel off it. The bag contains a flask of alchemist's fire, two potions of cure light wounds, and a large, diamond-shaped ruby. There is also five gold pieces worth of silver and gold coins.
    "Filthy gnome!" the kobold hisses, regaining some of its strength. "How dare you touch my belongings! Don't you even think about touching that jewel!" Arianelle finds herself straining her arms to hold the creature down. It's far stronger then any average kobold.

Grapple - (1d20+1)[17] [Require grapple check from Arianelle.]

27. - Top - End - #237

Thargol resolutely steps over to the White Kobold, and takes a short look at it, before raising his left fist, sending it down and stopping it mere centimeters before the kobolds nose "Treat with us in a civilized manner. That might motivate us to return the favor. Besides, you know my fists...."

28. - Top - End - #238

Arianelle attempts to hold the resisting kobold down. "Be still! If the gnoll left any of your people alive, they don't have time for this."

Spoiler
    Show
    grapple (1d20+1)[18]
    Did you include the size modifier in the kobold's roll? Because

29. - Top - End - #239

The White Kobold looks up at the half-orc's close fist in a bored fashion. He spits on it ceremoniously. "That's what I have to say for your fists," he added.
    With huge effort-- and the use of her greater size --,Arianelle manages to pin the kobold again, gasping for breath. ((Yes, I added in the size modifier. I said it was stronger than a normal kobold .))

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Krey raises an eyebrow at the kobold's specific screaming about the gem. He places the satchel on the ground beside him, out of the kobold's reach of course, and stares at the white kobold. "Calm down, we don't mean to kill you or take your things if it's avoidable. What I would like is to know why you and your group attacked us, and the specifics of the alliance between you and the orc tribe."
    Last edited by Enlong; 2007-08-12 at 03:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show