New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Flash, Season 2

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Flash, Season 2

Spoiler
    Show
    All right, I'll accept their "timey-wimey" reason why Reverse Flash exists as plausible and not written out of the posterior. Still, I was hoping this would have been the episode that showed Reverse Flash going back in time to kill Barry as a kid and Flash following him to save himself and tell his earlier self not to change the timeline and have this story line over and done with already. Alas, we can expect to see Reverse Flash again, but in consolation Cisco's timey-wimey-vibey troubles would explain why Flash does tell himself not to save his mom and change the timeline, presuming it's referenced when they finally get around to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The silliest part of this episode is that if Barry does end up meeting the Reverse Flash in the future, he's basically going to have to lose or let him go. The only time he'll ever "win" is when he goes back to his own childhood and strands Thawne there.

Otherwise, a decent episode. I thought Cisco's goggles were kinda cool.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Silly 'theme': Long Distance Relationship being an issue for The Flash. Sure, he can pick up any time and rush out to Star City in No time flat, way out in California, but a jaunt a few hundred miles away to Midway City, that's a deal breaker (even as he was going to break the news, yet once again, that he is The Flash, not that she doesn't know...)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Finally saw the new episode oh man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay so maybe it's just my fault for reading the TV guide, but it said "no one believes Cisco about Reverse Flash" but then in the episode we see the Reverse Flash Vibe...and then cut to ads, and when we get back to the show Thaun is fighting Barry. Did this happen to anyone else or just me?

That aside, this is a pretty okay episode. Glad the Thaun stuff was basically a B-Plot sort of. I too like Cisco's goggles, and it's cool that he's learning how to use his powers better. His actual genuine excitement at being able to see the future is pretty cool. His uh...brain seizure from ****ing with the futurepast sucks though, poor guy. I hope the "bye Felicia" moment was worth it..

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was...I don't know who McGee is! Also hey Patty figured out Barry is The Flash all on her own!

We also get the reveal that Earth-1 Jay is called "Hunter Zolomon" which basically confirms that Earth-2 Barry is Zoom.

5. - Top - End - #245

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, Why can't Barry keep his girlfriend? He can see her on weekends EASY! COP OUT! And he was just being so damned mopey about it for no reason. Last week SHE shut HIM down and now he is all mopey refusing to talk any more. She was despretly reaching out to him and he was all

Barry: There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Patty. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand.

Patty: I don't understand.

Barry: You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Patty. A rebel. So long, Patt.

Although I did love they let her figure it out and throw it in his face a little bit.

And This in no way confirms that Barry is Earth 2 zoom, sorry.

“You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by themaque View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I meant more that Earth-1 Jay having the name Zoom's human identity has in the comics confirms it.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant more that Earth-1 Jay having the name Zoom's human identity has in the comics confirms it.
    How does that "Confirm" anything?

Although, I concede you where right on Turtle.
    Last edited by themaque; 2016-01-29 at 08:46 PM.
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

8. - Top - End - #248

How does that "Confirm" anything?

Although, I concede you where right on Turtle.
    In Earth-1, Barry becomes the Flash and Jay becomes an orphan without the ability to gain his speed through his science. Likewise on Earth-2, since Jay didn't become an orphan and got to make his science, Barry got into a different situation. Maybe his parents died still, but since he gets his power from a science that he didn't make, he could still theoretically get it.

I'm just theorizing of course, calling it "for sure confirmed" was probably a little much.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-01-29 at 08:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

In Earth-1, Barry becomes the Flash and Jay becomes an orphan without the ability to gain his speed through his science. Likewise on Earth-2, since Jay didn't become an orphan and got to make his science, Barry got into a different situation. Maybe his parents died still, but since he gets his power from a science that he didn't make, he could still theoretically get it.

I'm just theorizing of course, calling it "for sure confirmed" was probably a little much.
    Okay, fair theory. Has some nice symmetry to it. Let's see how that plays out for her, Cotton.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, Why can't Barry keep his girlfriend? He can see her on weekends EASY! COP OUT! And he was just being so damned mopey about it for no reason. Last week SHE shut HIM down and now he is all mopey refusing to talk any more. She was despretly reaching out to him and he was all

Barry: There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Patty. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand.

Patty: I don't understand.

Barry: You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Patty. A rebel. So long, Patt.

Although I did love they let her figure it out and throw it in his face a little bit.

Spoiler
    Show
    They can't have Patty and Barry stay together because now he and Iris can start to get together..but suddenly...PATTY SHOWS UP! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNN!

No, you can't convince me that won't happen, this is the CW dag nabit.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Spoiler
    Show
    Zoom is evil evil Earth-1 Jay Garrick. Earth-1 Garrick is actually Hunter Zolomon, Hunter Zoloman is Zoom in the comics, ergo...

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zoom is evil evil Earth-1 Jay Garrick. Earth-1 Garrick is actually Hunter Zolomon, Hunter Zoloman is Zoom in the comics, ergo...
    Zoom came from Earth-2 in the show, thus my reasoning for why he's Earth-2 Barry. Presumably if Earth-1 Jay/Hunter got speed powers he might become Earth-1 Zoom as well.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

So ever wonder if Jai or Irey West will be kid-flash instead of Wally since he's Wally's brother-in-law?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #254

New episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    We get some more information and stuff about Wally, specifically his obsession with SPEED SPEED GOFAST SPEED MAXIUM GO FORWARD. Yes we get it he's gonna become a Flash. We also get to see Iris being...well, to be blunt, good ole Iris.

Tar Pit seems like a neat villain, hunting people in revenge for being "drowned" in tar. Unfortunately he's kind of a slowball for Barry, so he doesn't get concerned when Cisco mentions hey yo buddy you're going a little slower. That'll be a problem (as we see later)! We also get to see a cute Flash power, speed reading! Only lasts in his short term memory though, which is completely sensible and smart.

Speaking of smart, Barry thinks he's smart by bringing up the "we don't need to have binary thinking" when Welles STRAIGHT UP says "I will betray you" and it's like...man, that's cool and all, but have a little self awareness. Though to be fair he's right, I can see Wells betraying Zoom, giving the speed to...oooh lets say...Wally? OF course the end of the episode shows otherwise but hey it might happen! We also see Wells trying to call his bluff and...getting a jolt of death through him. You can see Zoom's lightning running through one of his eyes and that's...kind of horrifying actually. Also I wrote all of this while this was happening and I THOUGHT THE EPISODE WAS OVER OOPS. Given what happens later, that's certainly egg on MY face.

Oh hey we also got a Breach Bomb that makes them stop happening so that's super awesome! Things are progressing nicely, and I quite like it. I can see a confrontation coming up in the future, and it's going to be hella sweet. And it seems like it'll be taking place...in Earth 2, dun dun duuun!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm glad they didn't drag out Wells' betrayal for the whole season. Season long story arcs have been done to death with almost all action shows. They were great when they were new, but now "everyone's" doing it the novelty has worn off, and I want conclusions to stories already. Agents of Shield does it right. A story arc can last two or three episodes, but they resolve it. A season-long meta-mystery can still work, but get on with it already.

What I'm not liking is they spend so much time dealing with the meta-mystery the actual show they're doing is an afterthought. Tar Pit was what, 15 minutes total of the entire episode? After all the build-up they gave in the opening sequence, even tying it into the C-Story of Iris and Wally, his final capture takes 10 seconds. Why bother having Tar Pit at all then?

Sometimes I do care about the McGuffin, and it's supposed to be the whole point.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm glad they didn't drag out Wells' betrayal for the whole season. Season long story arcs have been done to death with almost all action shows. They were great when they were new, but now "everyone's" doing it the novelty has worn off, and I want conclusions to stories already. Agents of Shield does it right. A story arc can last two or three episodes, but they resolve it. A season-long meta-mystery can still work, but get on with it already.

What I'm not liking is they spend so much time dealing with the meta-mystery the actual show they're doing is an afterthought. Tar Pit was what, 15 minutes total of the entire episode? After all the build-up they gave in the opening sequence, even tying it into the C-Story of Iris and Wally, his final capture takes 10 seconds. Why bother having Tar Pit at all then?

Sometimes I do care about the McGuffin, and it's supposed to be the whole point.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, that's a pretty big problem. Tar Pit seems like he could of been a cool villain and now he's just a popsicle I guess. I...don't even really remember what HAPPENED to him.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    The Wells 2 plot went faster than I thought it would, and of course The writers show they know how to do actual good guy HEROES by having Barry say "Hey, We understand you were in a bad spot man, we will help you" after the understandable anger.

GOOD GUYS BEING GOOD GUYS THANK YOU FLASH.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wells 2 plot went faster than I thought it would, and of course The writers show they know how to do actual good guy HEROES by having Barry say "Hey, We understand you were in a bad spot man, we will help you" after the understandable anger.

Yup, that was the best part of the episode.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I also liked the feeling that the others were thinking "Well, Barry was the one directly wronged here, though we were all betrayed, if he wants to look past it, crud, saying anything would make me look like a real jerk."

Like, if someone else said "he's in a bad spot, let it go," they'd be a jerk. But the one who was directly wronged? Well, I guess it's his call.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Man Joe has a lot of anger to work through doesn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

22. - Top - End - #262

I have a hunch that Jay Garrick is Zoom

1. His Doppleganger on Earth-1 is named Hunter Zolomon. Hunter Zolomon has glasses, and Earth-2 Barry has glasses drawing a parallel
    2. Zoom and Jay have never been in the same room together. They've only been seen together in the flashback which was told by Jay
    3. Jay says Zoom stole his speed, but we learned that Zoom can't steal speed and needed Harrison to figure out a way to do so.

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    I have a hunch that Jay Garrick is Zoom

1. His Doppleganger on Earth-1 is named Hunter Zolomon. Hunter Zolomon has glasses, and Earth-2 Barry has glasses drawing a parallel
    2. Zoom and Jay have never been in the same room together. They've only been seen together in the flashback which was told by Jay
    3. Jay says Zoom stole his speed, but we learned that Zoom can't steal speed and needed Harrison to figure out a way to do so.
    Interesting theory, we'll have to wait and see. It wouldn't fit with them studying Jay's blood and seeing no Speed Force in it, when Zoom clearly HAS the Speed Force.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting theory, we'll have to wait and see. It wouldn't fit with them studying Jay's blood and seeing no Speed Force in it, when Zoom clearly HAS the Speed Force.
    True but a prepared Speedster should be able to substitute somebody else's blood for his without anybody seeing it happen
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    True but a prepared Speedster should be able to substitute somebody else's blood for his without anybody seeing it happen
    Then consider the whole "cell degradation disease thing" that he's going through that they found from that glass of wine he had. If he was as prepared as you say he would of been able to prevent that being found, I imagine.

Still a good theory though, I just doubt we're going to go the "the guy you trusted was evil all along!" plot line again, especially with Wells-2 standing around being a living embodiment of that.

26. - Top - End - #266

Still a good theory though, I just doubt we're going to go the "the guy you trusted was evil all along!" plot line again, especially with Wells-2 standing around being a living embodiment of that.
    Did any in the audience trust Harrison Wells after the first episode?

It might be possible that his connection to the Speed Force isn't the same as Barry's which is why it can't be detected, and maybe also the reason why the darts didn't work.

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeoaice View Post
    Did any in the audience trust Harrison Wells after the first episode?

It might be possible that his connection to the Speed Force isn't the same as Barry's which is why it can't be detected, and maybe also the reason why the darts didn't work.
    I haven't seen it so I don't know! I know some people were confused about what it meant though but that's about it?

My point stands that if Jay is evil then it's just a plot retread.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jay Garrick is not evil because he is Jay Garrick. It would be like having a character named Clark Kent show up, and have him turn out to be the villain. I mean they could go that route but then they would have to worry about being lynched at the next comic book convention that they attend.

29. - Top - End - #269

Spoiler
    Show

I think this episode is really against the Earth-2 Barry or Jay Garrick as Zoom Theories.

30. - Top - End - #270

Spoiler
    Show

I think this episode is really against the Earth-2 Barry or Jay Garrick as Zoom Theories.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a question: Where did Barry-2 go in the mid point way of the episode? They had him around, but then they just kinda...forgot about him when they went into action. Then and only then, AFTER Reverb made it clear that "heey...Zoom's gone. We could be in charge." did he show up.

I think this makes it more solid. Especially because in Earth-2, a lot of villains are together as friends, it'd be a nice contrast if the Earth-1 heroes were still together as allies (if evil and prone to backstabbery, or frontstabbery as the case may be). It'd also be a funny contrast because Barry-1 is bad at hiding that he's The Flash, so Barry-2 would be REALLY good at hiding he's Zoom.

That aside, good episode. Glad we got to see Killer Frost and pals, a shame they all died except for Frost (and I hope this inspires our Kaitlyn to try and pick up powers of her own maybe, for justice). I also totally called that Reverb would have sonic powers and as such Vibe'll get em too at some point, to be a really good and cool side kick.