New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Tom's Tyranny of Dragons - Rise of Tiamat

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Rogin looks for an opportunity to talk to Rian Nightshade.
    Since leaving the meeting, Rian's tail has been whipping like it has a mind of its own. The streets are fairly packed after nightfall as Rogin and the tiefling weave towards Zhent friendly space. Any attempt at conversation is met with a mumbled Soon. through a sly grin.

By the time they get to the tavern the locals are quite drunk and singing in the main room. Rian pulls are Rogin's hand and guides him to a small alcove Rogin never noticed. Rian pulls him against her body and her tail tugs a lever he can't see. The alcove wall turns swinging the two of you into a pitch black room. Rian sparks some torches and the light reveals a small T-shaped room with a carpeted floor. Rian turns and walks away using her tail to put space between Rogin and herself. She stretches out and props herself up with some pillows.

Now, make yourself comfortable and we can talk more freely. There are some irons on the fire you might be entitled to know more about; we must stop the cult but there is little point if we don't make a profit too.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Rogin glanced at the content of the room, his scales clicking as he brushed some invisible dirt from them with a claw. Indeed Ma'am. He said, staying standing as he turned his attention back to Rian, thankful that his draconic biology likely hides his discomfort. Just because we are saving the world doesn't mean we can't complete our own goals at the same time. he added, clasping his claws behind his back.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2016-11-22 at 05:15 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by hiiamtom View Post
    *snips*
    Talking out loud to no one in particular, Nangwen muses in an attempt to process this information,
    "If the dragon practices the arcane arts that would explain why no one can reach her...The Ice Hunters...do you believe they are being influenced by the dragon? Charmed, threatened, or blackmailed? Or do you imagine they serve willingly? I don't know why the dragon wouldn't have enlisted them if it's been around for so long already."

Nangwen copies the location of the iceberg Lady Silmerhelve describes onto a map. Failing that, she makes a rough sketch doing her best to copy as much helpful information on the geography of the Sea of Moving Ice, prioritizing accurate distance and relative location. She hopes to compare the information to a sea chart later.

Int Roll (if needed): (1d20+4)[11]
    Last edited by Ghost Nappa; 2016-11-23 at 12:34 AM.

4. - Top - End - #694

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Just because we are saving the world doesn't mean we can't complete our own goals at the same time.
    Rian grins a little as Rogin "relaxes," I just wanted to let you know that we have already located the white dragon mask, because Varram 'lost' it thanks to his weakness for exotic women. He's still traveling with one of our own and hasn't informed his cult masters of his failure. The only reason he's even close to Boareskyr is because he knows of a powerful divination tool controlled by the snake cults in the serpent hills... as she speaks her tail taps idly on the stone wall, He'll still need some time to gather a force strong enough to venture that deep in those lands safely, he is as cowardly as you might imagine despite his ability.

She stretches out a bit and says, So, brother, when you get finished in the north try to guide those fools out that way and stop the old man from divining the location of the mask, would you? We're not able to predict the power of this thing he is seeking, and if he finds out where the mask is before it reaches the Moonsea safely it puts this whole operation at great risk.

She crosses her legs and covers her mouth as she yawns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Nappa View Post
    "If the dragon practices the arcane arts that would explain why no one can reach her...The Ice Hunters...do you believe they are being influenced by the dragon? Charmed, threatened, or blackmailed? Or do you imagine they serve willingly? I don't know why the dragon wouldn't have enlisted them if it's been around for so long already."
    Leosin is actually who responds to this, I have met some of the Ulutiun before, they are some of the few cultures hardy and stubborn enough to not migrate out of a dragon's roost. These Ice Hunters would never be fully loyal even if they were forced into some sort of agreement, and their heritage means they greet all foreigners who are friendly like their own. If the dragon has followers in their ranks, it's probably just a single tribe he managed to isolate and not all of the Ice Hunter tribes - their members spread out well beyond the Sea of Moving Ice.

Taern nods as if to say he knew this all along, for he knows all.
    Nangwen copies the location of the iceberg Lady Silmerhelve describes onto a map. Failing that, she makes a rough sketch doing her best to copy as much helpful information on the geography of the Sea of Moving Ice, prioritizing accurate distance and relative location. She hopes to compare the information to a sea chart later.
    OC: The problem with the sea of moving ice is that it moves around, so all the stable bits of lands are constantly changing making the region both dangerous to move within and nearly impossible to navigate unassisted. You can mark the general currents and such, but it would be impossible to mark where any specific iceberg would be no matter how big.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Good. I should be able to handle that. Rogin says nodding. Once the white mask is acquired, I do not see any reason to inform our allies that it is in our possession. After all, the fewer people who know of it's location, the less chance the Cult will be able to find it once more.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #696

That is a wise choice, Rogin. You will continue to do well for the family, Rian says standing, Now stand against that wall and I will show you out.

Rian operates the secret door with an unseen hand and Rogin finds himself in the small alcove of the tavern once more.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Lia stood and nodded a the others talked, not really listening. She would follow the others lead. And she had n odd feeling of tension in the back of her head that she had to really concentrate on to ignore.
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Reed pales at the story. "What kind of undead were they?", he asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

9. - Top - End - #699

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    Reed pales at the story. "What kind of undead were they?", he asks.
    Amelia turns to you as the silence is broken and Remi still stands in shock of the news, It began with reanimated undead led by powerful wights, but the actual capture of Lord Ulbrinter... that was done by vampires working with the wights. They were able to drop from the sky onto the carriage somehow.

Remi responds much as Reed does, The vampires, what did they look like?

Amelia says, There was sounds of a man laughing echoing around the area, but the attack was made by a half dozen or so spawn. They were all very thin men, many appeared to have some amount of elven blood.

Remi gives Reed a long look steeling herself, It appears the undead may be connected to the Cult, which means they have allies we did not know about. Watch yourselves, that vampire doesn't appear to be a fluke - Amelia! Bring Thesus to my private chambers, I will get my revenge by letting this thread uncover the connections we are missing. If the cult has aligned with undead warriors there are very few with the strength and organization.

Remalia begins to march away deeper into the keep. She turns and calls to Reed, Reed! Make sure to relay this to Nangwen! That magic bow will come in handy once more!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by hiiamtom View Post
    Leosin is actually who responds to this, I have met some of the Ulutiun before, they are some of the few cultures hardy and stubborn enough to not migrate out of a dragon's roost. These Ice Hunters would never be fully loyal even if they were forced into some sort of agreement, and their heritage means they greet all foreigners who are friendly like their own. If the dragon has followers in their ranks, it's probably just a single tribe he managed to isolate and not all of the Ice Hunter tribes - their members spread out well beyond the Sea of Moving Ice.

Taern nods as if to say he knew this all along, for he knows all.
    OC: The problem with the sea of moving ice is that it moves around, so all the stable bits of lands are constantly changing making the region both dangerous to move within and nearly impossible to navigate unassisted. You can mark the general currents and such, but it would be impossible to mark where any specific iceberg would be no matter how big.
    Nangwen reluctantly sighs, "I suppose we'll have to try and wing it when we go searching for it. I was hoping to resolve this quickly..."

11. - Top - End - #701

Nangwen reluctantly sighs, "I suppose we'll have to try and wing it when we go searching for it. I was hoping to resolve this quickly..."
    That's the lifeblood of adventure! Thunderspells roared, I hope you are ready, for I am prepared!

After a short incantation and the drawing of arcane runes with his fingers, the light around you bends and swirls making you briefly feel dizzy before reversing and you find yourself transported to a new location - a dedicated teleportation circle set into the floor of a stone room.

Welcome to one of my many studies! The least grand of them all, Taern's robes wisk softly as he walks and talks, Don't touch anything, don't leave my side. You'd probably die, though some of you are stronger than others.

Taern suddenly stops and opens a seemingly random door in the hall, This way, I have a cauldron stored here perfect for the task. It was taken from the great hag queen Sirenia who didn't give it up without a fight. She used this magical goop crafted from.... well let's not worry about the details, it's being used for good now. The room is cramped and cluttered but clean. The cauldron in question appears to have been carved from a stone giant's skull with some sort of glass forming the basin which is full of pitch black liquid. Taern picks up a few books and riffles through them muttering, Not here... not here... not here... Ah! This is the one. Silmerhelve, hand me the latest letter from that MacCath woman. He murmurs thanks as the letter is handed over.

Waving a hand over the scrying device, Taern's eyes close as a previously unseen eye opened in his forehead. Hmmm yes... I am near where this letter was written. There is a simple but sturdy ship here.... oooo that's not good... The masts have been cut and the oars are laying in the water.... yes, I see dead men on board but no sign of anything female let alone non-human. If MacCath was here, she's not here anymore. There appears to be notes inside the room but I cannot pass through the door, must be some kind of ward.

Over a few minutes Taern explains the location of the ship, and what evidence shows of its fate. There appears to be damage from fire and magic and weapons, if a dragon caused the damage it definitely had help. Well it's a start. Maybe you can find clues for her final destination by finding that boat, with those directions you can easily head directly there even with the ocean current - so long as you don't wait more than a week or so.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

"If you're cross-referencing vampire groups... you're looking for one led by a little girl."

He doesn't much reveal how he knows that, not without some serious proding. He'd rather get to preparing for the journey. besides, who knows? the horn might have called for Scaly, too.
    Last edited by Xhosant; 2016-12-01 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*