New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Celestials in the Ooze!

So according to some of the info available, demons can arise from the ooze of the Abyss. This primordial goop is most present on the 558th? layer called the Fleshforges where demons are constantly spawning.

So this stuff is dangerous, I mean it makes demons for crying out loud! What would happen if a celestial like some deva or angel fell in? Would it die, all melting and stuff or would some new hybrid being emerge?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestials in the Ooze!

Perhaps the Evil and Good react violently to being mixed, causing a massive explosion?
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Dwiergus, The Chrysalis Prince - owner of Fleshforges - tend to capture random trespassers and transform them into half-fiendish servants

Also, Adimarchus the Demon Prince of Madness can be one of such angels

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

99% probably one pissed of demon lord wants pc head on spike
    0,1% unique race that no one has f ing idea
    0,9% noting happens

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Perhaps the Evil and Good react violently to being mixed, causing a massive explosion?
    This is pretty much what i would imagine. In DnD beings of good and evil (and law and chaos) are literally made up of opposing elements so i would imagine if you could pump enough "good" essence into the fleshforge you could obliterate a good deal of the abyss, sort of like mixing matter and anti-matter.

Actually that sounds like a really good campaign idea.....
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    This is pretty much what i would imagine. In DnD beings of good and evil (and law and chaos) are literally made up of opposing elements so i would imagine if you could pump enough "good" essence into the fleshforge you could obliterate a good deal of the abyss, sort of like mixing matter and anti-matter.
    So fallen former Celestials must not be a thing in your world?

I dunno, I like the idea that people (and spirits) can change their outlook and morality, so the anti-matter thing seems counterproductive to the games I'd want to run.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    So fallen former Celestials must not be a thing in your world?

I dunno, I like the idea that people (and spirits) can change their outlook and morality, so the anti-matter thing seems counterproductive to the games I'd want to run.
    Oh, you can have corrupted celestials and redeemed devils its just if you take pure good and pure evil and throw them together then you get explosive results. If you "slowly" corrupt a pure being one way or the other then you can avoid the problems.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Also, Adimarchus the Demon Prince of Madness can be one of such angels
    Damn, that is a messed up story. If I ever end up in the Abyss, remind me to leave Graz'zt the hell alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, a new hybrid being would be more preferable although that amount of pure Goodness mixing with all that Chaos and Evil could make a very big bang... or a big baddie!