New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Jacob's Crossing Ch.1

Devron takes the dagger from Aidan then falls into step behind Nash.

does devron notice the marks? i would assume they would be fairly visible but im just checking.
    Last edited by Nooblar; 2007-06-17 at 01:36 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Uhm... so yeah now what happens?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Andrius tells us what happens now since we are just walking.

So Devron have you gotten any new horses? Nash decides to make small talk as he walks.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, you notice the etchings.

You head out towards the Burn. You see nothing extraordinary for the next hour.

Survival check to keep from getting lost DC 15.

Nash (from current location to village)

1d20+5=13

Aidan + Devron (from current location to the clearing)

1d20=3

1d20+2=15

The rolls basically speak for themselves. Devron is the only one who can accurately backtrack to the clearing. Nash, if you get back to the clearing, you still remember how to get back to the village.

Devron looks around. things are begining to look a little familiar. Perhaps you are getting closer to finding the trail to the ruins after all...

Aidan's Spot check to find a suitable weapon. DC 12.

1d20+2=18

After a couple thorough whacks against the trunk of a large Oak, Aidan is satisfied the maple branch he spotted will suffice. But all the scanning for the staff made him forget to keep careful track of his surroundings...
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

No. 24627 from "Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 25".

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Devron fails to hear Nash's question as he is completely absorbed in the markings he has just spotted on the dagger. He stops and finds a ray of light through the forest canopy to hold the dagger under. He looks at one side then the next, looking intently at the markings. He looks at his friends and says Take a look at this! There is writing on the dagger. I told you guys it was magical! What do you think it says?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
    Devron fails to hear Nash's question as he is completely absorbed in the markings he has just spotted on the dagger. He stops and finds a ray of light through the forest canopy to hold the dagger under. He looks at one side then the next, looking intently at the markings. He looks at his friends and says Take a look at this! There is writing on the dagger. I told you guys it was magical! What do you think it says?
    Nash turns to look at the dagger. Really, let me check to make sure! Cast detect magic.

Now to wait and see. Also did Aidan wander off, that was the impression I got...
    Last edited by Zanatos777; 2007-06-20 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Cool is not venacular...stupid DM...
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    I really haven't. The players quickly move to the tavern after the campaign starts but they never start there. Even the three which have taken place in a city.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nash detects nothing special about the dagger

Oh snap, meta gamer just got pwnt! lol

Seriously, this is how it would look in real life

"Hey this spatula looks funny!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIITT!!!!!!!! LET MEEEEEEEEE SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    detect magic detect magic detect magic

lolololol
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos777 View Post
    Nash turns to look at the dagger. Cool, let me check to make sure! Cast detect magic.
    lol, also 'cool' is not exactly common vernacular
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground

p0wned Kevin!
    Official House Bard of House Kato

Valierion Kels

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfalle View Post
    p0wned Kevin!
    **** you (both of you)! He went on about it being magic so I checked. That seems to be a perfectly logical response to someone saying something is magic.

After detecting nothing from the dagger Nash decides to not dampen Devron's spirits about the dagger.

Edit:Wait! What is this crap I cannot write that?! Damn it!!!!!!
    Last edited by Zanatos777; 2007-06-20 at 11:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

In a strange twist of fate after reading this im going to have to agree with Kevin on this one. While the detect magic was a bit hasty, it really isnt that unbelievable that he would cast it. I mean he is right about how Devron swears up and down that it is magical, this is not the same case as a random cool looking kitchen utensil. There is reason (especially for devron) to think it is magical. We all wouldnt be arguing about this if kevin had said something like "Zomg writing? Well here hand it to me and we can find out it if it is really magical or not" (which is basically what he said) The idea of the dagger being magical is in everyone's mind as it is a strang myserious dagger found by some ruins with strange writing on it. And we are all 12-14 year olds with big imaginations. maybey some more conversation was needed about the writing before the detect magic thing, but if he has an ability like detect magic, im surprised he didnt use it the first time devron was like, hey hey hey this is a magical dagger. If nothing else he might use it to stop Devron from prattling on about his "magical dagger" But anyway that is my opinion on it.

Devron seeing Nash obviously doing something looks at him anxiously. After Nash stops he says What did you just do? Do you know what it says? He also looks to Aidan since he always has some strange tidbit of knowledge.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
    In a strange twist of fate after reading this im going to have to agree with Kevin on this one. While the detect magic was a bit hasty, it really isnt that unbelievable that he would cast it. I mean he is right about how Devron swears up and down that it is magical, this is not the same case as a random cool looking kitchen utensil. There is reason (especially for devron) to think it is magical. We all wouldnt be arguing about this if kevin had said something like "Zomg writing? Well here hand it to me and we can find out it if it is really magical or not" (which is basically what he said) The idea of the dagger being magical is in everyone's mind as it is a strang myserious dagger found by some ruins with strange writing on it. And we are all 12-14 year olds with big imaginations. maybey some more conversation was needed about the writing before the detect magic thing, but if he has an ability like detect magic, im surprised he didnt use it the first time devron was like, hey hey hey this is a magical dagger. If nothing else he might use it to stop Devron from prattling on about his "magical dagger" But anyway that is my opinion on it.

Devron seeing Nash obviously doing something looks at him anxiously. After Nash stops he says What did you just do? Do you know what it says? He also looks to Aidan since he always has some strange tidbit of knowledge.
    Thank you.

Nash looks at Devron, unsure if he can or should lie. Um, I used magic to see if the dagger was magic or not. I don't know what the writing says but... Nash is unsure not wanting to hurt his friend's feelings. It doesn't seem to be magic but maybe we should show it to someone who is better than me at this, Nash says very quickly so as to get it all out before Devron gets annoyed.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

LOL hahahaha

roflmao

wooheheheheheeeheheeeeee

*wipes his eyes

No worries Zanatos, i was mostly joking. It was goofing around in reference to the previous attempt to detect magic. This time around it was a little bit hasty, but certainly not out of character.

Also, since it's literally been like a freaking week:

Aidan

Aidan climbs over a fallen log to get to Devron as Nash casts his magic at the rusty relic.

"Writing? Let me see! Maybe I can understand it if it's in the Old Tongue." He reaches out and takes the dagger from Devron.

Nash and Devron both wait anxiously as Aidan stares at the dagger, his brow furrowed in cincentration.

"Hey, yes it is. I can't quite make out all of it though. ONly a couple words. All this rust and gunk is covering it." He tries to rub it out along the edge of his shirt, but all it appears to acomplish is to re-cover the exposed areas with more dirt and soil his shirt. "No use. We have to find some way to clean it, it's just one big sticky mess."
    Last edited by AngelAndrius; 2007-06-27 at 05:49 PM.
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

I was waiting on Aidan to post

15. - Top - End - #105

This is a POST

Valierion Kels

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfalle View Post
    This is a POST
    yes, that would be nice
    In the last dark hour
    Of the night,
    Angels come to love us
    And awaken us.

- Sri Chinmoy

17. - Top - End - #107

::punches DM in face::

Valierion Kels

18. - Top - End - #108

Well, maybe we'll find something up ahead. Now let's get moving before it's dark! Aidan continues in the direction they were headed, hoping to see a familiar sight.

Valierion Kels