New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,504 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Overwatch: HYPETRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION Spring 2016 Release Confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    How is "she can't use her skills fully because they'll get her murdered" a good thing Psyren? She was good before the Mccree buff because she could fly up to escape. Now she can't, so she is not nearly as survivable as she was the last time she was in the meta.
    IMO, there was never any point at which Pharah/Mercy couldn't be countered pretty hard by anyone. At launch, it was Widowmaker, then it was Soldier, before his recoil nerf, then it was McCree with his midrange damage boost. Now Soldier's getting another boost to his recoil recovery, now that McCree's midrange damage has been toned down. The upshot here is that I don't think Pharah's drop from the top-tier meta has anything to do with counterplay, but merely to do do with how teams have better adapted to her ultimate.

I also don't think Mercy's phase out from the meta has much to do with Mercy. She's better than she was at launch, her boost is stronger, now her healing is stronger, and I still don't expect to see her figure very prominently. Even if they nerf discord orb, 30% extra damage from your entire team to a single target is scarier than 50% more damage from one teammate, especially when you consider that the dominant ultimate abilities aren't damage, they're largely control or defense (Zarya/Reinhardt or Zen/Lucio). But the biggest dig against Mercy is that she's basically dead weight alone. She's GOT to be shackled to a teammate, and that tether is a neon sign pointing at her going 'gank me'. Here rez is theoretically huge, but kind of requires cooperation of the enemy to bring off. What team of professional gamers isn't going to look askance when they see Mercy slink off from the point to let her team die?

I hope that this boost brings Mercy back into contention, but I don't expect it to.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Overwatch: HYPETRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION Spring 2016 Release Confirmed!

That's fifty-one pages, so I took the liberty of creating a new thread: All change, please, all change.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually, one was already made.

NEW THREAD

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, well, thanks for letting us know.