1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Some more stuff:
    Spoiler: Alternative Class Features
    Show
    o Bluff
    Half-Elf Fighter Substitution Levels - Races of Destiny (also diplomacy and sense motive)

o Diplomacy
    Half-Elf Fighter Substitution Levels - Races of Destiny (also bluff and sense motive)

o Knowledge (architecture and engineering)
    Dwarven Rogue Substitution Levels - Dragon #338, pg. 96

o Knowledge (dungeoneering)
    Dwarven Cleric Substitution Levels - Races of Stone

o Sense Motive
    Half-Elf Fighter Substitution Levels - Races of Destiny (also bluff and diplomacy)

o Survival
    Elf Paladin Substitution Levels - Races of the Wild

Spoiler: Variant Classes
    Show
    Wizard-Illusionist variant, Shadow Shaper: Add Hide

Dragon #311
    Ancestral Speaker (Cleric): Replace Knowledge (the planes) with Knowledge (local). Add Perform, Sense Motive, and two any other skills
    Arcane Disciple (Cleric): Add Knowledge (arcana) and Use Magic Device
    Aspirant (Cleric): Add Knowledge (arcana)
    Benevolent (Cleric): Add Knowledge (arcana)
    Crusader (Cleric): Eliminate Knowledge (the planes) and Diplomacy. Add Knowledge (arcana), Handle Animal and Intimidate
    Evangelist (Cleric): Eliminate Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (the planes). Add Gather Information
    Metal Master (Druid): Eliminate Handle Animal. Add Knowledge (architecture and engineering) and Knowledge (dungeoneering)
    Wild Reaper (Druid): Add Intimidate
    Winter Warden (Druid): Add Knowledge (geography)

Dragon #310
    Bodyguard (Fighter): Eliminate Craft, Climb, Jump, and Swim. Add Diplomacy, Gather Info, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot
    Commander (Fighter): Eliminate Climb, Jump, and Swim. Add Diplomacy, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), Profession (siege engineer), Sense Motive, and Spot.
    Corsair (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal and Intimidate. Add Appraise, Balance, Profession(sailor), Spot, and Use Rope
    Exoticist (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal and Ride. Add Tumble
    Fencer (Fighter): Eliminate Craft, Climb, Jump, and Swim. Add Bluff, Diplomacy, and Gather Info
    Horseman (Fighter): Eliminate Climb, Intimidate, and Swim. Add Balance and Tumble
    Kensai (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal and Intimidate. Add Balance, Concentration, and Tumble
    Knight (Fighter): Replace Intimidate with Diplomacy. Add Heal
    Pugilist (Fighter): Eliminate Craft, Handle Animal, and Jump. Add Bluff, Sense Motive, and Spot
    Shield Bearer (Fighter): Eliminate Swim. Add Diplomacy
    Survivalist (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal, Intimidate, and Ride. Add Balance, Hide, Move Silently, Survival, and Use Rope
    Targetteer (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, and Swim. Add Hide, Move Silently, and Profession
    Anarch (Paladin): Eliminate Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), and Ride. Add Bluff, Disable Device, Intimidate, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), and Survival
    Avenger (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Ride. Add Bluff, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (local), and Move Silently
    Enforcer (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Ride. Add Gather Information, Intimidate, and Knowledge (history)
    Incarnate (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty). Add Knowledge (nature), Listen, Sense Motive, and Survival
    Sentinel (Paladin): Eliminate Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Ride. Add Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Search, Spot, and Survival

Dragon #312
    Anti-Paladin: Eliminate Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Sense Motive. Add Bluff, Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (the planes), and Survival
    Corrupter (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession. Add Bluff, Disguise, Forgery, Hide, and Knowledge (history)
    Despot (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, and Ride. Add Bluff, Intimidate, and Search
    Deathwalker (Wizard): Replace Decipher Script with Bluff
    Fleshcrafter (Wizard): Eliminate Decipher Script and Profession. Add Heal

Dragon #324
    Wild Monk: Eliminate Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Perform, and Sense Motive. Add Knowledge (nature) and Survival
    Filidh (Wizard): Eliminate Profession. Add Gather Information, Intimidate, Sense Motive, and Survival.

Dragon #317 (pg. 30)
    Urban Druid: Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Listen, Knowledge (nature), Ride, Spot, Survival, and Swim. Add Bluff, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Perform, and Speak Language

Dragon #329 (pg. 94)
    Gnome Paladin (variant, not a sub. levels): Replace Knowledge (nobility and royalty) with Perform (comedy)

Dragon #332 (pg. 90)
    Wyrmslayer (Paladin): Replace Knowledge (nobility and royalty) with Knowledge (arcana)

Dragon #336 (pg. 105)
    Mystic Ranger: Add Spellcraft

Dragon #339 (pg. 90)
    Sidhe Scholar (Druid): Add Knowledge (arcana)

Dragon #344 (pg. 104)
    Anagakok (Wizard): Add Survival

Dragon #349 (pg. 93)
    Paladin variant, Hunter of Fiends: Replace Knowledge (nobility and royalty) with Knowledge (the planes). Add Survival
    still working on adding all the variant classes there, I have been going through dragon mags and I keep finding more stuff such as
    Barbarian Backgrounds
    Born-Again Barbarian - Dragon magazine 335 pg 84 - Suggested Benefit: add Knowledge (local) as a Barbarian class skill

Druid Organizations
    Glendale Park Protectorate - Dragon Magazine 337 pg 95 - members add Knowledge (local) to thier Druid class skill list

Variant Classes
    Athasian Sorcerer - Dragon Dragon Magazine 319 pg 97 - add Sleight of Hand
    Athasian Wizard - Dragon Dragon Magazine 319 pg 97 - add Sleight of Hand
    Thane (Fighter) - Dragon Magazine 323 pg 96 - Replace Intimidate with Diplomacy
    Janissary (Fighter) -Dragon Magazine 334 pg 88 - Adds Speal Language and 2 Knowledge skills (of his choice) and loses Handle Animal, Intimidate and Swim

Human Regions -Dragon Magazine 334 pg 60-4 - adds a Class Skill, a Favored Class and suggests common PRCs
    Shou Lung - Knowledge (nobility and royalty)
    T'U Lung - Knowledge(arcana)
    Tabot - Knowledge (relegion)
    The Plain of Horses - Ride
    The Northern Wastes - Knowledge (spirits)
    The Jungle Lands - Survival
    The Island Kingdoms - Bluff
    Koryo - Knowledge (history)
    Kozakura - Intimidate
    Wa - Diplomacy

Paladin Domains Substitution Level- Dragon Magazine 328 pg 90 - adds Knowldege (arcana) and Spellcraft

Shadow Soulknife Umbragen Racial Substitution Levels - Dragon Magazine 330 pg 46 - adds Knowledge (dungeoneering) and Survival, replaces Knowledge (psionics) with Knowledge (arcana)

I added a note in the dragon section, that its class skills for RHD levels only, not sure if I should eliminate it or expand it, took a bit of thinking and reading, and I was wrong in my original assumption, but I still think it could have been worded better

2. - Top - End - #92

Some more stuff:
    Spoiler: Alternative Class Features
    Show
    o Bluff
    Half-Elf Fighter Substitution Levels - Races of Destiny (also diplomacy and sense motive)

o Diplomacy
    Half-Elf Fighter Substitution Levels - Races of Destiny (also bluff and sense motive)

o Knowledge (architecture and engineering)
    Dwarven Rogue Substitution Levels - Dragon #338, pg. 96

o Knowledge (dungeoneering)
    Dwarven Cleric Substitution Levels - Races of Stone

o Sense Motive
    Half-Elf Fighter Substitution Levels - Races of Destiny (also bluff and diplomacy)

o Survival
    Elf Paladin Substitution Levels - Races of the Wild

Spoiler: Variant Classes
    Show
    Wizard-Illusionist variant, Shadow Shaper: Add Hide

Dragon #311
    Ancestral Speaker (Cleric): Replace Knowledge (the planes) with Knowledge (local). Add Perform, Sense Motive, and two any other skills
    Arcane Disciple (Cleric): Add Knowledge (arcana) and Use Magic Device
    Aspirant (Cleric): Add Knowledge (arcana)
    Benevolent (Cleric): Add Knowledge (arcana)
    Crusader (Cleric): Eliminate Knowledge (the planes) and Diplomacy. Add Knowledge (arcana), Handle Animal and Intimidate
    Evangelist (Cleric): Eliminate Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (the planes). Add Gather Information
    Metal Master (Druid): Eliminate Handle Animal. Add Knowledge (architecture and engineering) and Knowledge (dungeoneering)
    Wild Reaper (Druid): Add Intimidate
    Winter Warden (Druid): Add Knowledge (geography)

Dragon #310
    Bodyguard (Fighter): Eliminate Craft, Climb, Jump, and Swim. Add Diplomacy, Gather Info, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot
    Commander (Fighter): Eliminate Climb, Jump, and Swim. Add Diplomacy, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), Profession (siege engineer), Sense Motive, and Spot.
    Corsair (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal and Intimidate. Add Appraise, Balance, Profession(sailor), Spot, and Use Rope
    Exoticist (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal and Ride. Add Tumble
    Fencer (Fighter): Eliminate Craft, Climb, Jump, and Swim. Add Bluff, Diplomacy, and Gather Info
    Horseman (Fighter): Eliminate Climb, Intimidate, and Swim. Add Balance and Tumble
    Kensai (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal and Intimidate. Add Balance, Concentration, and Tumble
    Knight (Fighter): Replace Intimidate with Diplomacy. Add Heal
    Pugilist (Fighter): Eliminate Craft, Handle Animal, and Jump. Add Bluff, Sense Motive, and Spot
    Shield Bearer (Fighter): Eliminate Swim. Add Diplomacy
    Survivalist (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal, Intimidate, and Ride. Add Balance, Hide, Move Silently, Survival, and Use Rope
    Targetteer (Fighter): Eliminate Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, and Swim. Add Hide, Move Silently, and Profession
    Anarch (Paladin): Eliminate Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), and Ride. Add Bluff, Disable Device, Intimidate, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), and Survival
    Avenger (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Ride. Add Bluff, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (local), and Move Silently
    Enforcer (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Ride. Add Gather Information, Intimidate, and Knowledge (history)
    Incarnate (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty). Add Knowledge (nature), Listen, Sense Motive, and Survival
    Sentinel (Paladin): Eliminate Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Ride. Add Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Search, Spot, and Survival

Dragon #312
    Anti-Paladin: Eliminate Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession, and Sense Motive. Add Bluff, Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (the planes), and Survival
    Corrupter (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (nobility & royalty), Profession. Add Bluff, Disguise, Forgery, Hide, and Knowledge (history)
    Despot (Paladin): Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, and Ride. Add Bluff, Intimidate, and Search
    Deathwalker (Wizard): Replace Decipher Script with Bluff
    Fleshcrafter (Wizard): Eliminate Decipher Script and Profession. Add Heal

Dragon #324
    Wild Monk: Eliminate Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Perform, and Sense Motive. Add Knowledge (nature) and Survival
    Filidh (Wizard): Eliminate Profession. Add Gather Information, Intimidate, Sense Motive, and Survival.

Dragon #317 (pg. 30)
    Urban Druid: Eliminate Handle Animal, Heal, Listen, Knowledge (nature), Ride, Spot, Survival, and Swim. Add Bluff, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Perform, and Speak Language

Dragon #329 (pg. 94)
    Gnome Paladin (variant, not a sub. levels): Replace Knowledge (nobility and royalty) with Perform (comedy)

Dragon #332 (pg. 90)
    Wyrmslayer (Paladin): Replace Knowledge (nobility and royalty) with Knowledge (arcana)

Dragon #336 (pg. 105)
    Mystic Ranger: Add Spellcraft

Dragon #339 (pg. 90)
    Sidhe Scholar (Druid): Add Knowledge (arcana)

Dragon #344 (pg. 104)
    Anagakok (Wizard): Add Survival

Dragon #349 (pg. 93)
    Paladin variant, Hunter of Fiends: Replace Knowledge (nobility and royalty) with Knowledge (the planes). Add Survival
    finished adding the Variant classes and found 3 you missed in dragon 310
    Hunter Monk - Dragon 310 - adds Survival
    Martial Monk - Dragon 310 - Replace Knowledge skills with Intimidate
    Urban Ranger - Dragon 310 - Replace Knowledge (geography) and Knowledge (nature) with Knowledge (local) and Gather Information

also added our very first template

Elder Serpent - Dragon Magazine 313 pg 86-7 - If the Base creature has less than ten class skills, choose additional class skills to bring the total to ten, only adds skills to RHD levels, must be snake or snake like creature

its the only template so far I've seen that adds class skills, most just merely add a bonus to several skills, but I haven't verified every template yet, just merely the ones in dragon 310-359 so far

I also moved the Variant class section below the ACF section, eliminated the dragon section for now, and moved the Sovereign Archetypes into the race section, as they are race specific

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet06320 View Post
    its the only template so far I've seen that adds class skills, most just merely add a bonus to several skills, but I haven't verified every template yet, just merely the ones in dragon 310-359 so far
    The variant Half-Fiend article adds the skills of the Fiendish parent to RHD.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    added, thanks
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2016-04-01 at 03:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    That article was continued in "Elite Opponents: More (Half-)Fiendish Variety"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

The variant classes section is pretty unreadable. Any particular reason why it's not all under alternate class features, sorted by skill like the rest of them?

7. - Top - End - #97

That article was continued in "Elite Opponents: More (Half-)Fiendish Variety"
    added that, and so far the few templates we have only add to RHD, I've been through a bunch more templates and so far looks like mostly adds a bonus to skills. not actual skills though

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    The variant classes section is pretty unreadable. Any particular reason why it's not all under alternate class features, sorted by skill like the rest of them?
    to start with, I agree its hard to read and noticed it earlier. It originally was only a handful from UA, but then we found a ton more in the pages of Dragon. a lot of them also say eliminate this and gain that, so its a lot of repetitive information, and I'm at the point that I'm worried about running out of room. This was one of my first mirrors and didn't think to leave extra room, like I did in many of my other mirrors.(I really didn't know what I was getting into, LOL)
    and the reason these are not in ACF section is they are not ACFs or substitution levels, they are actually variants on the base class, but I did move several that was listed as variant classes, but are really ACFs

Enchanter Variant - Social Proficiency gain Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Sense Motive while losing wizard feats every 5 levels
    Diviner Variant - Enhanced Awareness add sense motive and other bonus's while losing familiar
    Illusionist variant - Shadow Shaper Adds Hide

those belong in the ACF section, despite how they are listed in the SRD

for the moment I broke up the Dragon Magazine Variants into blocks of what class they are Variants of, to make it little easier at reading

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet06320 View Post
    added that, and so far the few templates we have only add to RHD, I've been through a bunch more templates and so far looks like mostly adds a bonus to skills. not actual skills though
    If "RHD only" templates are fair play, then Lycanthrope and Entomanothrope are get racial skills of whatever they are "were..."

About the Variant Classes: maybe it would be more readable if we do it like a table?
    Something like this:
    Skill name
    Add
    Remove
    Appraise Corsair (Fighter) - Dragon #310 Wilderness Rogue

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

For all intents and purposes, they are ACFs, though.

I think if space is at a premium, it's probably not worth having the dragon section, and you could also remove most of the quotes.

10. - Top - End - #100

If "RHD only" templates are fair play, then Lycanthrope and Entomanothrope are get racial skills of whatever they are "were..."

About the Variant Classes: maybe it would be more readable if we do it like a table?
    Something like this:
    Skill name
    Add
    Remove
    Appraise Corsair (Fighter) - Dragon #310 Wilderness Rogue
    those 2 do add skills, to RHD, so for now why not, lets add them
    and thanks for the table, I didn't know how to make them, I think that would confuse me trying to do that, but it did come in handy, I used to reformat the skilled city dweller ACF from the format it was in to a table, looks nicer that way IMO

For all intents and purposes, they are ACFs, though.

I think if space is at a premium, it's probably not worth having the dragon section, and you could also remove most of the quotes.
    I had already removed the dragon section, I have it saved in a word doc incase it goes back in at sum point

I did start working on the Variant Class Section, I got all the UA, SRD ones formatted in the same way as the rest, will work on the rest over the weekend

11. - Top - End - #101

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm out of room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got most of the Variant Classes formatted properly by skill

added
    Any
    Cosmopolitan - FRCS- Choose any 1 nonexclusive skill you do not have as a class skill, it is always a class skill. It was Nerfed in PGtF

its was in the quotes at the bottom

I also found some more stuff in the Oriental Adventure stuff, humans get class skills based on their clan

I'm thinking take the race section, move it to a new thread, put a link there, then I can expand the race section with class skills specifically for RHD

Any Ideas?
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2016-04-03 at 06:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

What I would do is:
    * Remove the d20 Modern and d20 Rokugan sections, they're not for D&D 3.5
    * Move Skilled City Dweller into the main body, it doesn't need its own section. Likewise for the Favored Soul dead levels.
    * Remove the quotes at the end.
    * Put Initiate of Shar in the main body instead of a quote. Don't worry about the text/table error. The text is correct. There's even a second printing of it to corroborate it.
    * Remove the mentions of Jack of All Trades, Elf Dilettante, and Ancestral Wisdom as "honorable mentions." They don't add class skills so they don't need to be here. (Able Learner is okay though.)
    * You don't need to say which classes get mantles.

13. - Top - End - #103

What I would do is:
    * Remove the d20 Modern and d20 Rokugan sections, they're not for D&D 3.5
    * Move Skilled City Dweller into the main body, it doesn't need its own section. Likewise for the Favored Soul dead levels.
    * Remove the quotes at the end.
    * Put Initiate of Shar in the main body instead of a quote. Don't worry about the text/table error. The text is correct. There's even a second printing of it to corroborate it.
    * Remove the mentions of Jack of All Trades, Elf Dilettante, and Ancestral Wisdom as "honorable mentions." They don't add class skills so they don't need to be here. (Able Learner is okay though.)
    * You don't need to say which classes get mantles.
    your right about the d20 modern, got ride of that, and the Rokugan d20 quote I thought was from the OA book, I just never got around to checking, it must be from one of the other books, which would be 3rd party

worked in the last of the quotes except the last one, its an item and does add skill ranks

finally fiqured out how to incorporate the skilled city dweller and it saved a few characters, and apparently the link was broken, fixed that, did the same with the favored soul

I like Initiate of shar how it is, pointing out the error, let people decide for themselves how to deal with it

and I like the honorable mentions section

I added under the race section
    Human Racial Traits
    Oriental Adventures p 9-10
    The Standard PHB traits plus a class skill and favored class depending on your clan
    Crab: Knowledge (shadowlands)
    Crane: Diplomacy
    Dragon: Knowledge (history)
    Lion: Knowledge (war) errated to Intimidate in Dragon 318
    Phoenix: Knowledge Arcana
    Scorpion: Bluff
    Unicorn: Ride
    managed to work in the last of variant classes too

it took a little bit of editing, but saved tons of room, I abbreviated most of the sources, to the standard abbreviations ToB for tome of battle, RoD for races of destiny, etc etc, that gave me the room to finish

I believe every source has been checked, except living greyhawk gazeteer, which I don't yet own till it arrives from amazon in a couple days, lol
    unless someone finds an obscure websource or something other odd thats been over looked, I believe we are complete, thankfully cuz there aint much room left, lol

And thanks to everyone that has helped, only took a few months since I ported it over and almost ten years from the original post to complete, LOL
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2016-04-05 at 06:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Found a new one:

Escape Artist
    Slippery – online (bullywug or siv only)

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Found a new one:

Escape Artist
    Slippery – online (bullywug or siv only)
    well, 1 more added, good find
    thanks

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Accidentally stumbled on another feat following a link from another forum:

Appraise

Appraise Magic feat - online

*It is presented alongside an alternate skill system for identifying magic items, so may fall into the same murky area as the Skill Knowledge feat - I believe it works as a standalone feat through, allowing you to use appraise to identify Potions and Scrolls in place of Spellcraft.

17. - Top - End - #107

added that
    and also found this posted in another thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-maximum-ranks

The Codex Anathema (LoM p 214) grants an inherent +2 int/-2 wis, as well as 5 ranks Knowledge (dungeoneering) and 2 ranks each of Knowledge (arcana) and (the planes).

we have 2 Items, so I combined them into their own section, it doesn't make them class skills, but flat outs adds the ranks, odd but still fits I think

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Also looked at races/templates, couldn't see the Primordial template (Secrets of Xen'drik), which adds one Knowledge skill as a class skill.

19. - Top - End - #109

stop finding stuff, LOL

its added too, geuss we missed it along the way

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Tauric Creature template:
    Treat skills from both the base creature's list and the base humanoid's list as class skills.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, here's a nice one: affiliation with the Paragnostic Assembly grants you your choice of Appraise, Decipher Script, any Knowledge skill, Psicraft, or Spellcraft as a class skill for all your classes, if you achieve rank 3. You have to tithe and pay monthly dues to maintain your rank. (Complete Champion, pp72–74)

Also, an affiliation score of 11+ with the Land of Honor grants you Knowledge (nobility and royalty) as a class skill. (Player's Handbook II, p175)

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

I think it's pretty awesome that we are finding all these new things to add to a list that was originally started so long ago.

23. - Top - End - #113

I think it's pretty awesome that we are finding all these new things to add to a list that was originally started so long ago.
    it really is amazing, only took most of ten years to complete, lol

and added those affiliations in a new section, and the tauric template

had to do a little more editing for room, the first post is pretty much full now, I had to remove the now dead link to orginal post for a little bit more room but added

Originally posted on the WOTC boards by Griff on Dec 03, 2006
    Continued by Bullet06320 and GitP Community
    I think that should give proper credit to everyone that has helped to create this reference, as it was a community project

24. - Top - End - #114

For me, grabbing Able Learner and getting all the skills you want via prestige classes was the best way. Messing around with apprentice, or various class skill granting feats was a blood bath.

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by magicalmagicman View Post
    For me, grabbing Able Learner and getting all the skills you want via prestige classes was the best way. Messing around with apprentice, or various class skill granting feats was a blood bath.
    every build is different, this merely presents you with the many options available, some are better than others though

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Post Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Sorry to keep bumping the thread, but I've been trawling the Wizards archive lately for various things, and I've just found another addition.

Silverwood Arcanist (PrC) - Skilled Rider (Ex): any future classes you take after one level in this PrC always have Ride as an additional class skill.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't sure how useful that can be, but there is Frenzy Dog template
    Skills: If the animal didn't already have these skills, it receives them as class skills: Intimidate, Listen, Spot, and Wilderness Lore. All other class skills get lost in the transformation.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Thank you, I will add this to the forms a hound archon can transform into! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...6&postcount=34

29. - Top - End - #119

added that one

Sorry to keep bumping the thread, but I've been trawling the Wizards archive lately for various things, and I've just found another addition.

Silverwood Arcanist (PrC) - Skilled Rider (Ex): any future classes you take after one level in this PrC always have Ride as an additional class skill.
    no worries about bumping it, if it belongs it belongs, but that one is odd, its from a Prc
    kinda like the Human Paragon http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/ra...m#humanParagon
    Adaptive Learning (Ex)

At 1st level, a human paragon can designate any one of his human paragon class skills as an adaptive skill. This skill is treated as a class skill in all respects for all classes that character has levels in, both current and future. For example, if a human paragon chooses Spot as an adaptive skill, he treats Spot as a class skill for all future class levels he gains, even if it is not normally a class skill for the class in question.

it was originally mentioned in the original thread and again in this thread once or twice

both kinda deserve an honorable mention somewhere, but I'm pretty much at the limit of the first post, ive edited and re edited it several times to save space, any suggestions on working those last 2 in?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd exile all Dragon Magazine material to another post and add a link to it, since those are widely considered the 'least' official sources