New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Straight and Crooked Path IC

The walk to Kavita and Baktus' home is uneventful. As the party passes from the nicer parts of HollowHill, they veer from the wide thoroughfares of the city's grid to the chaotic alleyways that twine through the almost stacked-looking housing of their home area.

Caratacos in particular has to watch his feet for broken glass as they round a corner to see a small home tucked away between two precariously towering tenements. Besides being a stand-alone structure, this house is notable for having unusually tall doorways, nearly six feet in height.

Of course, there are a variety of missives tacked to the elongated door.

The first appears to have been pasted onto the door about three feet up, its corners peeling up and inward as the globby substance beneath dried.
    Spoiler: Interesting Note 1
    Show

Dearest Nephew (and Kevata),

Land and Gold!

I've run into a little hiccup securing my latest business venture- all's well and all's good, but I seem a bit less cut out for bushwhacking than I had surmised!

I know Cavita comes from far away, so perhaps she can help with some of the more distasteful aspects of an out-of-city venture.

The trade route through the BloodSworn Vale (isn't that a nice name? I came up with it myself!) must be opened. If you are of stout heart and able body, Uncle Tallikoallen needs your help!

Rewards aplenty for those who help tame this wild land. If you're interested, you and Kyveta should report to Fort Thorn, inside the vale.

Your Favorite Uncle,
    Tallikoallen

Spoiler
    Show

Tallikoallen has been known to "absolutely require help" with trivial tasks that he is too lazy to do himself. Refusing this will not activate Baktus' disadvantage.

The second important looking note is about a foot higher, and is secured by a boring nail. It seems to have stayed on a little better than the first.

Spoiler: Interesting Note 2
    Show

Kavita,
    Since you helped me in the delicate matter of the sleeping draught, you might want to be aware of an opportunity.

Fabulous treasure is up for grabs! The Keening Crone is a riverboat that makes the dangerous journey down the river to Bridgetown On its latest trip, Captain Mellicar was bringing a massive ingot of raw mithral—forty pounds or more in size—to sell in Bridgetown.

Rumor has it that less than a day upriver from Bridgetown, the Keening Crone went down in the Spindleflow River with all hands aboard. The wreck of the ship lie beneath 20 feet of acidic water, its cargo available as salvage to the first to claim it.

I happen to know of a witness: Old Fisheye. He can be found just south of the city, where the river comes up from underground.

Sincerely,
    A Grateful Friend

Of course, there are various unimportant correspondences as well.

Spoiler: Bill
    Show

Dear Ms. Snakewater,

I am writing to inform you that you have an outstanding fine of 11 copper pieces for a parking violation. In case you were unaware, all vehicles, living or otherwise, are required to be parked on alternate sides of the street from dawn to noon on street cleaning days.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Graves
    Hollowhill Civil Services

Spoiler: Edona's Light!
    Show

Would you like to know the truth about the world?
    Would you like to stop wallowing in sin and suffering?

Come to the Reform Church of Edona today!
    Do good works and be taken under the goddess' wing.

[there is a crudely drawn pair of wings embossed into the paper]

Spoiler: Mr. Janyvanyan
    Show

I am the sister of the King of the Dwarven Republic, stuck far away in the barbaric halfling lands with no access to my vast amounts of money. If you send but a small sum of 500 silver pieces, you will be richly rewarded when I get to my treasury!

[The return address is from two streets over]

Spoiler
    Show

My dearest angel,

After many trials and tribulations I have found you at last. The memory of your eyes has stained itself upon my soul until I cannot escape. I love you- there, I said it! We were meant to be, meant to spend the rest of our lives together when I arrive in the city.

Lovelovelovelovelove,
    Snuffy Boopkins (Remember that nickname? I shall cherish it always.)

[The handwriting is completely unfamiliar. It smells faintly of lavender.]
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-04-17 at 07:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kavita groaned and pulled the various notes off the door. "I need to put up a mailbox. Here Danni, take this one." She handed the dwarf the religious brochure. "And this one is yours Baktus." She handed the note from the dwarves to Baktus. She crumpled up the bill and tossed it into a suspiciously large pile of detritus next to one of the tenements. Reading the last minor correspondence she scratched her head, "Snuffy... Boopkins?? Which Snuffy Boopkins?" She shrugged and looked at the last two notes, having to kneel to read them properly. "Oh! A sunken ship. Well posting it here wasn't smart, now the whole street will know."
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Briefly examining the short note from the "Dwarven sister-of-the-king", Baktus mutters "Third time this month. Should at least leave a return address from where they say they are. Or claim a friend at the address will ensure she gets it. If you're going to swindle people, do it right."

As he reads the note from his uncle, he exclaims "'BloodSworn Vale', he always did have a talent for naming things." After further reading: "Sounds like fun. Some nice wilds." Glancing under Kavita's shoulder, he skims the other note, his eyes falling on one phrase "Oohmy! 40 pounds of mithral! It would be so nice to have some of it." He looks skeptically at Kavita "Which 'grateful friend' is this? One of your 'sleeping pill' clients? Or was this the more potent kind, for 'longer sleep'?"

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    Briefly examining the short note from the "Dwarven sister-of-the-king", Baktus mutters "Third time this month. Should at least leave a return address from where they say they are. Or claim a friend at the address will ensure she gets it. If you're going to swindle people, do it right."

As he reads the note from his uncle, he exclaims "'BloodSworn Vale', he always did have a talent for naming things." After further reading: "Sounds like fun. Some nice wilds." Glancing under Kavita's shoulder, he skims the other note, his eyes falling on one phrase "Oohmy! 40 pounds of mithral! It would be so nice to have some of it." He looks skeptically at Kavita "Which 'grateful friend' is this? One of your 'sleeping pill' clients? Or was this the more potent kind, for 'longer sleep'?"
    Kavita looked deeply offended at Baktus's insinuation. "I place clear instructions on the difference between safe and lethal dosages on the packaging. Improper usage can not be blamed on me."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The party passes out of Hollowhill's gates and finds a small settlement pressed up against the thick stone city wall, battered shacks and piers secured where the river emerges. Strangely enough, none of the piers seem to have pilings in the water itself, but are instead secured solely to the bank by precarious-looking contraptions.

Old Fisheye is waiting exactly where the note stated, his boots splattered with the telltale discoloration of acid. The elderly gnome stares up at you with eyes that seem to point in different directions, making it hard to tell who he is looking at.

“Yep, I was down further south than usual yesterday, chasing the fish,” the old man tells you, leaning against the peeling door of his shack and taking deep drags of his pipe.

“About 16 hours south of here rowing hard, there’s a wide rock shelf jutting out into the river. About ten feet from that shelf I saw the Keening Crone listing badly, like she was taking water. Cap'n Mellicar was shouting orders to his crew, but there was just too much damage." He shakes his head with a kind of macabre glee.

"It was a misty day already, but a thick bank of fog rolled over the Keening Crone for a few minutes. I could hear people screaming, but I was nowhere near close enough to help ‘em, even if my old arms could lift more than a fishing pole." He puffs on his pipe, creating little clouds of pungent smoke as if to illustrate.

"When the fog cleared, most of the Keening Crone was underwater. I saw her slip beneath the waves myself, tipping as she went below. A few of the crew floated to the surface, but they was already dead. I got back here this morning, and I’ve been telling anyone that’ll listen. It's a better story than that time a dragon tried to eat me."
    Old Fisheye chortles and puffs some more on his pipe.

6. - Top - End - #216

Griffon

Without any better notion of what to do next, Danni follows the others first to the house and from there to the docks. She supposed she might as well get more knowledge about the town and how it worked before starting to make inquiries of her own, it was a puzzling place enough.

She listened to Old Fisheye's tale with horror and unwilling curiosity. She chided herself for the latter; those poor people! How awful it must have been, to be covered in water with nothing solid to be found under one's feet. And people drowned, unless they could swim of course. "Any chance that the crew would have survived?", she asked.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

7. - Top - End - #217

"Probably not!" Kavita had been listening in rapt attention, but looked up cheerily at Danni's question. "And if they had, plenty of scavengers along the shores. Much easier to steal boots off a dead man."

8. - Top - End - #218

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "Probably not!" Kavita had been listening in rapt attention, but looked up cheerily at Danni's question. "And if they had, plenty of scavengers along the shores. Much easier to steal boots off a dead man."
    Danni looks perplexed. "Why would you steal someone's boots? And even so, surely no one would kill over them!" She frowns, trying to mimic an expression fit for scolding. "You shouldn't joke about things this serious."

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Danni looks perplexed. "Why would you steal someone's boots? And even so, surely no one would kill over them!" She frowns, trying to mimic an expression fit for scolding. "You shouldn't joke about things this serious."
    Kavita put on a serious face, looking Danni right in the eye. "But what if they were really nice boots?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Without any better notion of what to do next, Danni follows the others first to the house and from there to the docks. She supposed she might as well get more knowledge about the town and how it worked before starting to make inquiries of her own, it was a puzzling place enough.

She listened to Old Fisheye's tale with horror and unwilling curiosity. She chided herself for the latter; those poor people! How awful it must have been, to be covered in water with nothing solid to be found under one's feet. And people drowned, unless they could swim of course. "Any chance that the crew would have survived?", she asked.
    Old Fisheye fixes an eye on Danni. "Survived? The ones I saw were dead as doornails, drowned or poisoned by the river, it's all the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    At this, Old Fisheye laughs, trails of smoke coming out of his nose. "Nah, their boots were not that nice anyways. Cap'n Mellicar though... his boots were lovely. Such a shame to think of that leatherwork sitting at the bottom of the river, bleached and dissolving. If I'd found his corpse..." He looks at one of his own boots contemplatively. "Nah, they prob'ly wouldn't have fit."

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Old Fisheye fixes an eye on Danni. "Survived? The ones I saw were dead as doornails, drowned or poisoned by the river, it's all the same."

At this, Old Fisheye laughs, trails of smoke coming out of his nose. "Nah, their boots were not that nice anyways. Cap'n Mellicar though... his boots were lovely. Such a shame to think of that leatherwork sitting at the bottom of the river, bleached and dissolving. If I'd found his corpse..." He looks at one of his own boots contemplatively. "Nah, they prob'ly wouldn't have fit."
    "Oh? What size was he?" Kavita examined her own feet. "When you say poisoned by the river what do you mean? Should Baktus and I take samples for... experiments?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Old Fisheye started to reply, but he was cut off by a thick voice from a nearby alley.

"Old man, you won’t be telling anyone else about the wreck. And you lot ain’t gonna get it. We’re here to put you out of the running, permanently." A thickset dwarf dressed in black leather steps out into the alleyway, followed in multiple directions by five companions in identical garb. He cracks his neck loudly and points a rapier at the group.
    "Boys, let’s prune back the competition.”

And with that, the leader swings his rapier at Caratacos.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    Crit confirm (18-20): (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[7]

Four of his men swiftly follow suit, one attacking each of the group.

Spoiler: Attack Baktus
    Show

Attack: (1d20+4)[8]
    Crit confirm (18-20): (1d20+4)[20]

Spoiler: Attack Kavita
    Show

Crit confirm (18-20): (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

So, that's two damage for Kavita.

Spoiler: Attack Danni
    Show

Attack: (1d20+4)[7]
    Crit confirm (18-20): (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]

Spoiler: Attack Obelix
    Show

Attack: (1d20+4)[9]
    Crit confirm (18-20): (1d20+4)[24]

All manage to dodge aside, except for Kavita, who is barely nicked.

The fifth thug runs around the back, not attacking at the moment, but he has something other than a rapier in his hands. He has a flask.

Spoiler: EVERYONE
    Show

Party's turn.

Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-05-06 at 04:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Kavita raised her hands, slowly taking a step back feeling her back hit the wall. "Boys, boys. I didn't know you wanted boots that badly?" She whipped her hands downward, letting a needle shoot out from her sleeve toward the man in front of her. "As for pruning I find a small prick is better." She tilted her head examining the man in front of her with a look of pity. "Well, maybe not."

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/...obe-of-needles

Ranged Touch: (1d20+5)[10]

If it hits it does 1 point of damage and 1 bleed damage
    a full round action to remove the needle and stop the bleeding

14. - Top - End - #224

Griffon

"Hey!", Danni shouts while dodging the blade, "There's no need- Oh! You're some of those criminal scum of the city that Sister Meren warned about, aren't you?!" She shifts her balance and brings her foot up to kick the thug twice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Non-lethal Flurry, with the first attack also being a Stunning Fist attempt (or Foot as the case may be).

Attack: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11]
    If hits, target is stunned for 1 round, meaning the next attack is done against a lower AC.

Attack: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]

15. - Top - End - #225

"Okay then. Get em' Obelix!" Caratacos then conjures a storm cloud that drifts menacingly towards the leader.

Spoiler: Actions, Caratacos
    Show
    As a standard action, I cast "Aggressive Thundercloud", and I can then direct it over enemy 1 as a move action. The cloud occupies one square, and anything in that square suffers 3d6 damage unless they make a reflex save (DC 14, I think [10+2(spell level)+2(my wisdom modifier)]).

Damage: (3d6)[14]

Upon hearing the okay, Obelix lunges at the nearest enemy.

Spoiler: Actions, Obelix
    Show
    Attack 6 with bite.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[14]
    Crit? (20, x2): (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]

Spoiler: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Show
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ \\('0')// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES!
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

16. - Top - End - #226

"Rude, we were talking." Baktus hops backwards, closer to this Fisheye character. He then unslings Gwen from his back and lowers her towards the man in front of him. "Gwen will have to teach you some manners: don't interrupt people. Even criminal organizations need manners."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Baktus takes a 5-foot step back to G6 and points Gwen at the duelist in front of him (#2).
    Attack: (1d20+12)[17] Misfire on roll of 1-3 (result of 13-15) Against Touch AC.
    Crit?: (1d20+12)[30]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[5]
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2016-05-07 at 05:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sadly, the thugs avoid all attacks, one the leader even managing to attempt a counter attack as he dodges the roiling mass of thundercloud Caratacos sends his way.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show

1 Attack: (1d20+4)[8]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5]

They retaliate, several looking more than a little miffed.

Spoiler: Attack Kavita
    Show

3 Attack: (1d20+4)[8]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[17]

Spoiler: Attack Baktus
    Show

2 Movement: to F6

2 Attack: (1d20+4)[13]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[15]

Spoiler: Attack Danni
    Show

4 Movement: to F6

4 Attack: (1d20+4)[6]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[9]

Spoiler: Attack Caratacos
    Show

1 Attack: (1d20+4)[13]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[20]

Spoiler: Attack Obelix
    Show

6 Attack: (1d20+4)[21]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[10]

This time, one manages to slice into Obelix's flank.

The fifth thug looks more than a little angered at Kavita's blatant goading, and flings the flask at her, unwisely aiming near his friends.
    It's a direct hit, and the flask of Alchemist's fire splatters across her and flames lick out across the surrounding area, nipping at thugs and party members alike.

[SPOILER= Attack Kavita, Danni, Baktus with FIRE]
    5 Movement: to F6

5 Attack: (1d20+1)[17]
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+4)[8]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    If hits, 1d6 damage to Kavita. even if miss, 1 fire damage to all within 5' of its landing spot. (3, 4, F)

Danni, Baktus, take 1 fire damage.

Kavita, take 6 fire damage and see the rules for Alchemist's Fire

Spoiler: EVERYONE
    Show

Party's turn

HP Totals:
    Kavita: 25/33 (and slightly on fire)
    Danni: Full
    Tacos: Full
    Obelix: 32/37

EDIT: The reason roll count does not match is that I accidentally duplicated a section and didn't think my actions through before just deleting it. Whoops.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-05-07 at 10:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

With a flick of his wrist, the storm cloud loops around for another pass at the thug. Caratacos then makes his own attack.

Show
    Intuitively, I would think that if the target remained under the cloud, it would keep striking him every round, but the Pathfinder page kind of makes it sound like it has to leave and re-enter the square, so I will have it do that as my move action.

Thundercloud damage against 1: (3d6)[11]

Caratacos also attacks 1 with the scimitar (since this is a melee attack from an adjacent square, the cloud shouldn't attack him. Nothing on the page seems to indicate that it would).
    Attack: (1d20+4)[12]
    Crti? (x2, 18-20): (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]
    Thundercloud grants a 20% miss chance concealment bonus: (1d100)[57]

Obelix continues his attack.

Show
    Attack 6.
    Attack (bite): (1d20+7)[19]
    Crit? (x2, 20): (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

19. - Top - End - #229

Feeling a little cramped, Baktus glances back to Fisheye "I know it's fun to watch, but you really should help or get out of the way." With that, Baktus touches his belt then Gwen in a single, swift motion and raises her once again towards the duelist in front of him.

Show
    I believe I provoke an AOO.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[15] Against Touch AC. Misfire on 13-15.
    Crit?: (1d20+12)[16]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[4]

Welp, boom. Misfire. More in OOC.

"Ow, dagnabbit. That's what happens when you stand too close to fighting."
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2016-05-08 at 01:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Griffon

Danni misses, but manages to also dodge the counter attack. She frowns and tries to punch her opponent this time.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Same kind of attack as before. Non-lethal Flurry, with the first attack also being a Stunning Fist attempt.

Attack: (1d20+7)[27]
    If hits, target is stunned for 1 round, meaning the next attack is done against a lower AC.

Attack: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[5]

21. - Top - End - #231

Kavita looked down at the flames licking her and looked very annoyed. The light of the fire glinted off the goggles she wore under her hood. "That is rather painful. Ask a lady before doing something like that." She took a quick step away from most of the men and then grinned and snapped her fingers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting defensively DC is 15+2*spell level (SLA for SM 3 is 3), casting while taking damage = 10+1/2 damage + spell level (16)
    DC 21 vs Concentration check: (1d20+10)[14]
    DC 16 vs Concentration check: (1d20+10)[15]

If either fail ignore:
    Summoning (1d3)[2] Venomous Snakes

Spell failed.

Kavita waited a second, then looked at her fingers, then up at the men again. "Oh bugger."
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-05-15 at 11:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The leader dodges both Caratacos' attack and the thundercloud, laughing a bit as he skillfully evades each attempt.

Obelix rips into his opponent with his razor sharp teeth, leaving the thug looking about as good as you'd expect him to look after being mauled by a bear. He looks in horror at the animal, then flees, clutching an arm to his chest.

Show

Double move action to P16

Danni's first blow connects, leaving the man reeling. His rapier clatters loudly to the ground.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show

4 is stunned, so he currently has a much lower AC, and there is a +4 bonus to combat maneuvers used against him for the next round.

The leader spares a glance at his fleeing companion. "Coward!" He yells, taking another swing at the druid. This time, he manages to connect, drawing a thin line of blood.
    Spoiler: Attacking Caratacos
    Show

1.) 5-foot step to J8
    2.) Attack: (1d20+4)[23]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]

Good thing that Crit didn't confirm!

The fire-thrower runs forward to replace the one bitten by Obelix. He makes a half-hearted swing at the bear, trying to keep out of range.

Spoiler: Attacking Obelix
    Show

1.) 5-foot step to H10
    2.) Attack: (1d20+4)[13]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[11]

Likewise, the thug abandons his pursuit of Kavita in favor of striking at Danni, although he barely misses.
    Spoiler: Attacking Danni
    Show

1.) 5-foot step to G9
    2.) Attack: (1d20+4)[17]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[19]

Yet another cackles as Gwen fails to shoot, then looks suitably embarrassed as he also fails to hit.
    Spoiler: Attacking Baktus
    Show

1.) 5-foot step to G9
    2.) Attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Crit: (1d20+4)[18]
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-05-16 at 12:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

Spoiler: Additional Damage
    Show
    (1d6)[4]

The flames finished burning Kavita and the annoyed look on her face vanished as well. She quickly stepped against the wall and making sure there were no foes she snapped her fingers again. A cheetah with red glowing eyes and a sense of dread around it, manifested behind their attackers. Kavita looked at the leader of the group of attackers. "Don't worry. He wasn't very smart about running." As she spoke the cheetah was already charging across the ground, closing the distance between it and the running prey. As it pounced, it went for a killing bite.

Spoiler
    Show
    SLA to summon Fiendish Cheetah (level 3 summon monster) into square I13. Technically don't need somatic or anything, Kavita just thinks it looks cool.
    Cheetah is charging at 6. +2 to attack, -2 AC next turn (down to 13)
    Bite:
    Attack: (1d20+8)[15]
    Crit: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]

24. - Top - End - #234

Nimbly ducking under the rapier's swing, Baktus gives Gwen a quick cleaning, and raises her towards the man bothering them.

Show
    1 grit to clear misfire as move action. Swift action to teleport a round into Gwen.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[15] Hopefully not, but misfires are on 13-15.
    Crit?: (1d20+12)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[10]

Seriously? no explosion or anything. it just doesn't hit.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2016-05-16 at 01:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Caratacos shakes off the hit. Perhaps the thundercloud wasn't the best idea. Oh well, he's bound to mess up at some point, right? With a flick of the wrist, he quickly points at the leader, and the thundercloud centers above him once more. Caratacos then continues his own attack.

Show
    Move action to direct Stormcloud to J8, and it strikes at 1 again.
    Thundercloud Damage: (3d6)[12]

Caratacos makes another attack with the scimitar.

Attack: (1d20+4)[11]
    Crit? (x2, 18-20): (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]
    Thundercloud grants a 20% miss chance concealment bonus: (1d100)[95]

Obelix turns his attention to the man who thought pestering a bear with a timid swing was a good idea.

Show
    Attack number 5 with a bite.

Attack (bite): (1d20+7)[18]
    Crit? (x2, 20): (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

26. - Top - End - #236

Griffon

Danni looks horrified when Kavita sends the cheetah after the fleeing man. "No! You can't do that, he's running away! Call it back!" The other thugs are too close to be forgotten though, and she kicks twice the same man she stunned before, then takes a long step back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Non-lethal still. Ordinary flurry this time.
    Attack1: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[7]

Attack2: (1d20+7)[9]

Move to H7.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-05-18 at 02:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The mauled thug yelps and dodges the Cheetah's attack, then keeps on running.

Show

He is taking the withdraw action, so does not provoke an AoO when leaving the Cheetah's threatened square, and can move twice his normal land speed. (W17)

Baktus opponent looks at him (and his malfunctioning weapon) in disbelief before swinging his rapier once again.

Spoiler: Attacking Baktus
    Show

Attack: (1d20+4)[11]
    Crit?: (1d20+4)[9]

The leader somehow manages to avoid yet another lightning strike, as well as Caratacos' blade. He strikes back with perhaps an excess of confidence, no longer even bothering to move away from the cloud.

Spoiler: Attacking Tacos
    Show

Crit?: (1d20+4)[7]

Obelix catches the thug's sleeve in his teeth, but nothing else. Emboldened, he puts a bit more effort into this swing of the rapier.

Spoiler: Attacking Obelix
    Show

Attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Crit?: (1d20+4)[20]

Danni's opponent still looks a bit fuzzy as she kicks him, and he lurches off into a stumbling run.
    Show
    4: Withdraw to A6

However, another steps up to take his place and strike at Danni.

Spoiler: Attacking Danni
    Show

Five foot step up to G8
    Attack: (1d20+4)[22]
    Crit?: (1d20+4)[5]

28. - Top - End - #238

Once again dodging the rapier swing, Baktus chuckles at the humor of the situation, but trusting in Gwen, he repeats his actions, confident it will work this time.

Show
    1 grit to fix misfire as move action. swift action to teleport a round into gwen, then fire it at 2 once again.
    Attack: (1d20+12)[17]
    Crit?: (1d20+12)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[11]
    Here goes something!

Well, at least it doesn't misfire again. Still only a 5.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2016-05-20 at 01:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Both Caratacos and Obelix continue their attacks.

Show
    The thundercloud continues to deal damage, since the enemy remained in that spot.
    Thundercloud Damage: (3d6)[7][12]

Caratacos makes yet another attack with the scimitar.

Attack: (1d20+4)[19]
    Crit? (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage: (1d4)[4]
    Thundercloud grants a 20% miss chance concealment bonus: (1d100)[28]

Show
    Attack number 5 again.

Attack (bite): (1d20+7)[17]
    Crit? (x2, 20): (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

30. - Top - End - #240

Kavita looked confused at Danni's order. "Why? He's having fun." But the man was out of sight now, so Kavita sighed. "Fine. This one time." She whistled and pointed at the man fighting Obelix.

Spoiler: Cheetah
    Show
    Cheetah is charging at 5. +2 to attack, -2 AC next turn (down to 13) and Flaking: +2 attack
    Bite:
    Attack: (1d20+10)[22]
    Crit: (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]

She looked over the fight in front of her and shrugged a little. It seemed under control. She reached into one of the hidden pockets in her scarf and pulled out a small dart, from her pouch she pulled a vial. Hunched against the wall she hummed quietly to herself as she started applying the contents of the vial to the dart.

Spoiler
    Show
    Applying poison (Drow) to a blowgun dart, potentially for later use. No risk of poisoning self