New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXV: What threads are mine to make, little Lamb? All, dear Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Interestingly, that's actually a very hard dodge for Caitlyn. She's next to and slightly in front of the dead tower. She's too far to the right of the screen to dodge like Diana did (if she had done that the rest of the blue team would have caught and killed her anyway). She can't go up or down because, as demonstrated, Sion fills the entire space to the left of the tower and if she uses her movement abilities to dodge straight, she gets hit anyway. The actual dodge there was to flash further right behind the tower because it functions as terrain (so if sion hits it he stops and if he doesn't he runs past her), then walk backwards. If it looks like she's going to get caught by Sion behind her, she can walk into her blue side jungle and then net over the wall near wolves before she's caught. But that's a lot to think about in that moment.
    Nah. Net left, flash into wolf pit if necessary, done. Net right, flash over tower, done. (Or Morgana could have shielded her immediately, but let's not get crazy here.)

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXV: What threads are mine to make, little Lamb? All, dear Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Nah. Net left, flash into wolf pit if necessary, done. Net right, flash over tower, done. (Or Morgana could have shielded her immediately, but let's not get crazy here.)
    Left flash is hard at that spot and if you flash and net right, the rest of blue team might catch you.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Left flash is hard at that spot and if you flash and net right, the rest of blue team might catch you.
    I don't know exactly where you're starting Cait's decision tree, but where I'm starting it is where she nets, which is right in the middle of mid lane between the two torches. From there, she can easily net out of Sion's path in the direction of red buff, walk over to the thin part of the wall to wolf-pit, and flash over if necessary (it probably won't be necessary). Rewatching it, though, you're right that there's no play flashing over tower--but I should note that you're the person who originally gave that solution. Cait could also have flashed further towards the left edge of mid lane, which would have dodged Sion ult but left him in a good position to catch her anyway. Going around the right side of the tower has the same basic problem.

So I stand by the first solution I offered.
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2015-11-02 at 03:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Nah, the REAL solution is to flash forward, through Sion, and then use your net to dodge his Q when he turns around.

Showy and rude are the same as good tactics, right?
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2015-11-02 at 04:37 PM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know exactly where you're starting Cait's decision tree, but where I'm starting it is where she nets, which is right in the middle of mid lane between the two torches. From there, she can easily net out of Sion's path in the direction of red buff, walk over to the thin part of the wall to wolf-pit, and flash over if necessary (it probably won't be necessary). Rewatching it, though, you're right that there's no play flashing over tower--but I should note that you're the person who originally gave that solution. Cait could also have flashed further towards the left edge of mid lane, which would have dodged Sion ult but left him in a good position to catch her anyway. Going around the right side of the tower has the same basic problem.

So I stand by the first solution I offered.
    Watched it one more time with some freeze framing. So, I think if she goes left as you suggest when she hears the shout for Sion ult, she'd be safe. If she waits until she does in the video around the mid torches, going left might be a problem because of Blitzcrank's position (he leans right in the video, but could easily have veered left instead and pulled if he saw Cait go that way, and he has righteous glory running to close ground). If she walks backwards as soon as she hears the shout and flashes right to the tower instead of straight back, I think she can escape that way. It's, at any rate, not an easy spot and that's a very good Sion ult.

Though yes, Morg could have just put a black shield on her at the end there, but alas.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ya'll are taking what I uploaded as a silly play way too seriously.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Ya'll are taking what I uploaded as a silly play way too seriously.
    My only issue with it is the distinct lack of Sion chest-pounding BM at the end. Because its just the best.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
    My only issue with it is the distinct lack of Sion chest-pounding BM at the end. Because its just the best.
    I was a bit more worried about chasing down the nexus than going for BM.

So, I've been on a bit of a Galio kick recently.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fancy update page for the new season changes which reveals a crafting system and an upcoming Alpha for a new client. So very very pretty.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fancy update page for the new season changes which reveals a crafting system and an upcoming Alpha for a new client. So very very pretty.
    Or at the very least, it would be pretty, if your toaster/Etch-a-Sketch/what have you could load all the assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

I suspect that the new one will be better optimized for lower-end machines, not less.

Rioter comment.

12. - Top - End - #192

Kobold

I love what they're doing with champ select!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Y'know, with all this talk about CLG being idiots to have gotten rid of Doublelift, something occurs to me:

In all these years, through all the roster changes, dramatic interpersonal explosions, epic late-season collapses, and "Golden Ages" that turned to bronze-at-best, the only real constant has been Doublelift playing AD Carry. Pretty much everything else - roster, player positions, management, coaches, everything - has changed around him in some way.

As the saying goes, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. CLG has spent four years changing anything and everything except Doublelift over and over and over, and they've gotten more or less the same result every time: do good, collapse, roster-splode in a torrent of "I hate playing with Doublelift" tweets, rinse, repeat. Maybe they figured they'd try changing Doublelift for once and see what happens.

*shrug* Just a thought.

...although knowing my track record, ten'll get ya twenty that I'm totally wrong and just making myself look like an idiot yet again.

Am I the only one who, when they first saw the "Clubs" bit, thought for just a split-second that that was a Dalek instead of Teemo?

Now I feel bad, equating Daleks with something as horrible and unrepentantly evil as Teemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Well there's a lot of cool information there.

A few thoughts.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm gonna be terrified of Caits and Kog'Maws that get Rapid Firecannon.

New Graves passive is very interesting, and it will either be awesome, or weird to control, since you can't harass the enemy marksman if they're behind a minion. Also, how would it interact with Runaan's Hurricane? Is he going to be shooting 9 shots every auto-attack? Because that would be hilarious. Re-reading it, it will be only 5, which would still be funny, but imagining the 9 shot spray from each of Graves' attacks is still great.

Corki is going to pretty much need teleport, or rushing an early homeguards or his passive boost won't do anything unless you're losing.

Miss Fortune's passive seems like it will just annoy me if I play her, I get kind of single-minded. Luckily she's never been high on my list of champions I play anyway. I prefer Graves and Cait for my adc-ing.

Some of the masteries seem like they should thematically be in different groups, but that's just my weird opinion. They look interesting, in any case.

Corrupting Potion looks nice.

Cull is weird, I'm curious if the passive means it overcharges if you kill too many minions too fast, or if after X number of minions you just sell it and get a Doran's Blade instead (or more probably some other higher tier item you need).

Lord Dominik's Regards and Mortal Reminder will go from awesome to freaking amazing depending on if their passives work only for auto-attaks (as I suspect will be the case) or for any AD spells.

I like the Mastery Chests and keys thing. Mostly because I'm too cheap to ever shell money out for a silly cosmetic change like a skin, but also really want a single skins. Gives me the delusion that I'll actually get lucky and get it.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2015-11-04 at 12:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Y'know, with all this talk about CLG being idiots to have gotten rid of Doublelift, something occurs to me:

In all these years, through all the roster changes, dramatic interpersonal explosions, epic late-season collapses, and "Golden Ages" that turned to bronze-at-best, the only real constant has been Doublelift playing AD Carry. Pretty much everything else - roster, player positions, management, coaches, everything - has changed around him in some way.

As the saying goes, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. CLG has spent four years changing anything and everything except Doublelift over and over and over, and they've gotten more or less the same result every time: do good, collapse, roster-splode in a torrent of "I hate playing with Doublelift" tweets, rinse, repeat. Maybe they figured they'd try changing Doublelift for once and see what happens.

*shrug* Just a thought.

...although knowing my track record, ten'll get ya twenty that I'm totally wrong and just making myself look like an idiot yet again.
    The one key thing that most CLG fans are mentioning is that this year the result was different. CLG had their patented tailspin in the middle of the season, but managed to right the ship and finished strong. Then they went on a tear through the playoffs, again, not choking, and won the NA LCS championship in convincing fashion. They no showed at Worlds, but at least they made Worlds this year.

Then in the offseason, CLG fired the coach, and released both Pobelter and Doublelift, after the strongest year CLG has ever had in the LCS era. It could absolutely be the right move, I've also read the negative things about Doublelift, but the proof is going to be if CLG can build something.

If it goes wrong... oh boy.

P.S. I think it's the right move for CLG too. At this point, there's too much baggage with Doublelift and both parties could use a fresh start. It's probably great for Doublelift to be put on a team where he isn't the alpha dog, but again, we'll see if TSM's bet pays off. In the short term, it has to be good for their brand.
    Last edited by Joran; 2015-11-04 at 03:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

On the other side of the swap, TSM now has two mechanical virtuosos in key roles who hate shotcalling. One wonders who they're going to recruit to actually run plays.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

On the other side of the swap, TSM now has two mechanical virtuosos in key roles who hate shotcalling. One wonders who they're going to recruit to actually run plays.
    Bjerg actually does make calls, as I understand it, but probably for early game they'll recruit a jungler or support who makes calls, as those two roles have the most map awareness built in.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Bjerg actually does make calls, as I understand it, but probably for early game they'll recruit a jungler or support who makes calls, as those two roles have the most map awareness built in.
    Bjerg made calls because he was usually the strongest and the rest of the team was slow to talk. It's not exactly a strategic decision, and Bjergsen didn't exactly embrace the role.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Two people who tend to be cited as up and coming shotcallers are BunnyFufu and Rush, assuming the vaunted TSM bankroll and prestige can pry them from their current teams.
    Last edited by Joran; 2015-11-04 at 04:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Two people who tend to be cited as up and coming shotcallers are BunnyFufu and Rush, assuming the vaunted TSM bankroll and prestige can pry them from their current teams.
    Didn't Rush shotcall in Korean?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't Rush shotcall in Korean?
    No, he shotcalled in English; Team Impulse was a mishmash of Chinese, American, and Korean players, so they had to find a common language. I wouldn't be surprised if he talked to Impact in Korean sometimes though.
    Last edited by Joran; 2015-11-04 at 04:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    No, he shotcalled in English; Team Impulse was a mishmash of Chinese, American, and Korean players, so they had to find a common language. I wouldn't be surprised if he talked to Impact in Korean sometimes though.
    The fact that Rush was able to communicate better in Korean was often listed as a reason Rush seemed to spend so much time working around Impact rather than the bottom half of the map. It was easier and faster to set up plays.

It reminds me of Spring split Fnatic, where the jungler and the top lane would speak Korean to each other, the bottom lane would talk in French to each other and Febiven was often left on a communication island in the early game.
    Last edited by thracian; 2015-11-04 at 09:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    I love what they're doing with champ select!
    I'm not.

They're locking the meta in stone, and opening up a huge can of worms for people picking outside their lock in roles.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

24. - Top - End - #204

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Am I the only one who, when they first saw the "Clubs" bit, thought for just a split-second that that was a Dalek instead of Teemo?

Now I feel bad, equating Daleks with something as horrible and unrepentantly evil as Teemo
    Now I want a teemo dalek skin

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'm not.

They're locking the meta in stone, and opening up a huge can of worms for people picking outside their lock in roles.
    What do you mean?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Now I want a teemo dalek skin

What do you mean?
    Right now unless you are playing Team Builder, you can talk about preferences and you can alter preferences based on what the enemy has picked. You can do off-meta things. This new system locks the meta into hardened steel. Nobody will deviate from it, ever.

Then with the new draft, you are forced pre-game to select 2 roles and have those roles displayed to everybody else before anything happens. I guarantee people are immediately going to start reporting people if they dare to pick outside those roles.

Myself, when I play ranked, I generally make it known, 'pref mid, can fill jungle/top'. Now I HAVE to arbitrarily choose one of the two as my off role, and I don't want to put in fill because I don't like playing ADC in ranked. But my freedom to say 'meh, they picked or banned my top champs and I'm first pick, I feel like playing jungle', is severely curtailed if I had pre-game picked mid/top.

The gap between 2 picks and 'fill' covers WAY too much ground. What if I want to fill anywhere but ADC, so I put mid/fill as my preferences, and I get into the lobby and NOBODY else has fill or ADC? No discussion, no options, I'm stuck picking ADC.

Team builder was a great idea because it is its own separate que. This is a TERRIBLE idea because it now affects EVERY que.

A much better system would be one where you ranked or graded each of your roles - i.e. 1 mid 2 top 3 jungle 4 support 5 adc, or Mid - A, Top - B, Jungle - B-, Support - B-, ADC - C-. That gives a very clear progression of what roles you want to play/consider yourself good at.

Also, with 3 different people having bans, it makes it MUCH more likely you are going to get a troll ban or a ban of a champion rarely played just because that particular person doesn't like them.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2015-11-04 at 11:45 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not.

What, exactly, are they doing to do this? Cause from what I've read, no they aren't.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    What, exactly, are they doing to do this? Cause from what I've read, no they aren't.
    Have you not looked at the new system? It's essentially Team Builder but it now affects everything. You are required to pick 2 roles (with 'fill' being a role) prior to queing up. No altering picks or where you want to go based on picks/bans. You now select blind.

So anything outside those 5 roles is now taboo.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2015-11-04 at 11:51 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post

Cull is weird, I'm curious if the passive means it overcharges if you kill too many minions too fast, or if after X number of minions you just sell it and get a Doran's Blade instead (or more probably some other higher tier item you need).

Cull

450 gold
    +5 Attack Damage
    +3 Life on Hit
    UNIQUE Passive: Killing a minion grants 1 additional gold. Killing 100 minions grants an additional 300 bonus gold immediately and disables this passive.

So kinda like a Dorans in that you grab it early then sell it come mid game when you need a slot/have all the bonus gold.

Demo video of the new Champ Select lobby on the PBE for those of us without accounts.
    Last edited by Farix; 2015-11-05 at 12:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Question Re: League of Legends LXV: What threads are mine to make, little Lamb? All, dear Wolf

Right now unless you are playing Team Builder, you can talk about preferences and you can alter preferences based on what the enemy has picked. You can do off-meta things. This new system locks the meta into hardened steel. Nobody will deviate from it, ever.
    1.Teambuilder is single-handedly the best queue for talking about off-meta things atm(Its the only one where you can talk -before- facing long queue dodge penalties, for starters).

2.Why does this new system lock anything into hardened steel? You never qualify this statement with a mechanic for how it achieves this.

I guarantee people are immediately going to start reporting people if they dare to pick outside those roles.
    1.We report people atm for picking outside their pick order, which is statistically less optimal role assignments for the team.

2.They'll only be reported for doing so against the wishes of the team. You -can- still negotiate, y'know, and -nobody- will care if an agreement is reached.

Myself, when I play ranked, I generally make it known, 'pref mid, can fill jungle/top'. Now I HAVE to arbitrarily choose one of the two as my off role, and I don't want to put in fill because I don't like playing ADC in ranked. But my freedom to say 'meh, they picked or banned my top champs and I'm first pick, I feel like playing jungle', is severely curtailed if I had pre-game picked mid/top.
    This seems like the mildest of nuisances, especially since a distributed draft will reduce the likelihood of bans targeted solely at one role, since players tend to act in self-interest, making counter-bans more likely than now.

The gap between 2 picks and 'fill' covers WAY too much ground. What if I want to fill anywhere but ADC, so I put mid/fill as my preferences, and I get into the lobby and NOBODY else has fill or ADC? No discussion, no options, I'm stuck picking ADC.
    With greater control over which roles you are going to play also comes greater ability to practice a deeper pool within that role. If you 100% know you won't be forced to support, ADC or top, you can widen your jungle pool deep enough to face being banned out much easier than on live.

Team builder was a great idea because it is its own separate que. This is a TERRIBLE idea because it now affects EVERY que.
    That doesn't actually follow.

(Also, its queue, not que :P)

A much better system would be one where you ranked or graded each of your roles - i.e. 1 mid 2 top 3 jungle 4 support 5 adc, or Mid - A, Top - B, Jungle - B-, Support - B-, ADC - C-. That gives a very clear progression of what roles you want to play/consider yourself good at.
    Except that's a worse system. It creates the possibility of me, Kook, being forced to play support as someone who's bad at support, which is specifically what they're trying to eliminate with this change.

Also, with 3 different people having bans, it makes it MUCH more likely you are going to get a troll ban or a ban of a champion rarely played just because that particular person doesn't like them.
    Weighed against the current system where you're MUCH more likely to get -3- bans of that sort in the same game, as well as a player who bans-out his main's counters to the detriment of his team. The new way seems much preferable to me.

Have you not looked at the new system? It's essentially Team Builder but it now affects everything. You are required to pick 2 roles (with 'fill' being a role) prior to queing up. No altering picks or where you want to go based on picks/bans. You now select blind.

So anything outside those 5 roles is now taboo.
    Which other possibilities -are- there except 'top', 'mid', 'bot' or 'jungle'? Did you really want to play 'fountain' Alistar? Or 'ward' Teemo? I know this is a bit hyperbolic, but I can't honestly think of a less hyperbolic example to use.
    Last edited by Godskook; 2015-11-05 at 12:25 AM.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

30. - Top - End - #210

Kobold

If you've got three preferred lanes, just alternate between them. That way instead of starting every game with no idea what you'll play, and then playing them as fate dictates, you can actually pick.

If you miss the uncertainty, roll a die beforehand to determine which you play today