New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lazarus Rising - IC

Diego

Upon Diego's interjection into the debate, Jonas falls silent, allowing the Lasombra to speak what he has to say, and seems keenly interested in the man's points that he makes regarding the nature of what it is to be Cainite in relation to religion. As Jonas opens his mouth to respond, he is cut off by the Warrior Scholar that had been verbally fencing with him. The second of the Brujah remained silent in the debate still, though he turned along with Zbylut as the loud, brash man responded to Diego. "We were not discussing the Eucharist for the Damned, Shadowstalker, but of its relevance to the Kine! You should open your ears before entering the arena!" The temper of the Brujah was hard to miss, with clenched fists and a shouted baritone. Whether it was his pride being wounded at having been challenged by a stranger, his inability to come up with an equally intelligent rebuttal, or just pure inability to control his Beast, Zbylut was clearly growing more irritated by the second. He opened his mouth to continue, before Lucas rose from his seat. He was shorter than his childer, though this is attributed to the time in which he lived, rather than being physically inferior. Looking up at them, the weight of the Elder's charisma could be felt even by those in the room, even without the usage of powers of the blood. Rather than being impassioned, Lucas speaks with the calmness and patience of one that has struggled with the Beast for centuries. "You will hold your tongue when speaking to those you do not know, and not offer insult when none is warranted. You will make your apologies to our newest arrival in the Prince's library, and then you will accompany your brother Kaulder home."

Emelyn

The Gangrel assumes the lupine form, bringing with it the enhanced senses of the wolf. She can smell fear radiating from the child, and a smell of decay, like death, emanating from the group in general. Something is not right with the mortals that pervade the wilderness this night. Regardless, as the Wanderer watches, the woman that had soothed the child walks her over to the rock, picking her up to stand upon its cold, hard surface. She, and the others, then move to form a semi-circle, with the leader of the group moving some of the tools out of the leather roll. Emelyn can see with the vision of the wolf that these tools include a pear of anguish, a tinker's hammer, and blacksmith's tongs. The group begins to chant a phrase, over and over again, as the leader begins to bind the hands and feet of the struggling child with plain, hempen rope.

"Blood for the master, blood for the gods. Blood for the master, blood for the gods. Blood for the master, blood for the gods."
    Last edited by HerbertWest; 2015-11-03 at 04:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Diego Anzara de Vallejo
    Blood Pool: 10 of 14
    Willpower: 9 of 9
    Wounds & Condition: Uninjured

Diego nodded to Lucas, the Brujah elder, "Please, it is I who most offer apology, and make amends. I have been long removed from the halls of academia, and as such I tend to view such discourse as it relates to my own nature and experiences. It was my interjection, and so you," he looked the larger Brujah in the eyes, "have my sincerest apologies for interrupting your discourse with your brother."

With that Diego bowed his head modestly, "I am Diego Anzara de Vallejo, Childe of Gabrielle of Genoa, Childe of Isabella d'Agostino, Childe of Marcus D’Agostino, Childe of Constantius, Childe of Montano, Childe of our revered Sire, Lasombra. I am recently arrived to Court and would pay my respect to Monsieur de Bourbon and Clan Ventrue."
    Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear that until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice are the reality we all share, I'll never stop fighting. Ever.

~ Superman, Action Comics #775, Written by Joe Kelly (2001)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The fight goes out of Vicente. For Brujah levels of such. He had a little sister. Once. Justice had to be done, but this man's situation warranted pity. "Tell me about your daughter," Vicente says in a softer tone. "Where is she now?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Strolling through the Jewish quarter Jarvi felt good. He liked the liveliness. It felt honest. If he were to take a haven it had to be here he decided. He felt he wanted to get to know these people and their stories, become part of it. The more he walked through these streets the clearer it became to him. He needed to be here.
    Jarvi made a sharp right and made his way back towards the 'better' part of town, looking for elysium.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Emelyn
    Blood Pool: 9 of 14
    Willpower: 9 of 9
    Wounds & Condition: Uninjured

With her lupine senses flaring with the recent sensory input, Emelyn's clawed paws rip the ground below as she breaks into movement, her powerful form leaping swiftly towards the group, coming from outside their semi-circle and out of their vision, with one sudden jump the wolf soared through the air, it's open fanged maw was aimed at the neck of her unsuspecting prey, the man with the tools, hoping that once her bite landed and held onto the flesh of the kine, the inertia and strength of her jump added to the weight of her hunting form, will be enough to break the man's stance and bring the prey down on the floor, with her jaws firmly locked around the victim's neck.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Alright, spending 1BP to increase strength to 4, and a list of actions I'll do, first a Dex (5) + Stealth (3) roll for the ambush (if the previous stealth roll still applies, then ignore this roll). (8d10)[6][1][5][1][8][5][2][4](32)
    If successful, my attack goes next, but if not, here's my Initiative roll: (1d10+7)[17]
    Now the attack, since I want to bite, first a Strength (4) + Brawl (3) roll to initiate a Hold (diff 7), if the rules of attacking from the rear apply (pg 346), which I hope they do, I add 2 dice on the attack roll, if they do not apply, then I can re-roll or ignore the last 2 dice results. (9d10)[4][5][5][10][4][9][8][2][5](52)

I do have a question though, can a Vampire in Lupine form inflict the Kiss? I'm inclined to think they can't, but I wanna know before I start the bite action on the next turn if I'm successful with the Hold.
    Last edited by Lord-Leafar; 2015-11-07 at 09:40 AM.