New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default A few Rifts questions

I am starting a Rifts game soon and two questions came up.

The first is Can an operator with weapons engineer make specialty weapons of their own design? or would I need a separate skill?

The second is about arrows. Where can I find special arrows? Something like Green arrow uses. Gas, knockout, sound maker, and an explosive.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: A few Rifts questions

Quote Originally Posted by frost890 View Post
    The first is Can an operator with weapons engineer make specialty weapons of their own design? or would I need a separate skill?
    That will be on a GM by GM basis. I would allow it, though I'd somewhat limit you to the materials you have available... you're not going to be making something to beat a boom gun if all you have is two wilks laser pistols and a dead eclip.

The second is about arrows. Where can I find special arrows? Something like Green arrow uses. Gas, knockout, sound maker, and an explosive.
    IIRC, Rifts Sourcebook 1 had this information, but I am not positive, and I really don't know if the updated reprint has them. You might also check the Game masters Guide, which had a lot of the old equipment reprinted (quick check shows page 150 of the GMG has the arrowheads).
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A few Rifts questions

I would look into the Tech-Wizard device rules to find some rough equivalency points for custom Operator weapons. After all, whether it runs on magic or superscience is just window dressing- all it affects is whether you need gemstones or phlebotinum.
    Last edited by Drynwyn; 2015-11-06 at 01:01 AM.