New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Dreamscarred Press Presents: "Arcforge: Technology Expanded"

While I am sad the project has gone on hiatus, I am still going to add this input:

Powered Servomotors should also add its bonus (as well as the bonus from a high speed) to Ride checks made for mounts to jump. Otherwise, it will be a near-worthless enhancement for the vehicles.

Edit: if a rider tries to use their vehicle's natural attacks, does it use the rider's str/dex, or the vehicle's str/dex?
    Last edited by MilleniaAntares; 2016-06-26 at 02:52 AM.
    My Homebrew Material, mostly focusing on Dreamscarred Press's Path of War and psionics material!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniaAntares View Post
    While I am sad the project has gone on hiatus, I am still going to add this input:

Powered Servomotors should also add its bonus (as well as the bonus from a high speed) to Ride checks made for mounts to jump. Otherwise, it will be a near-worthless enhancement for the vehicles.

Edit: if a rider tries to use their vehicle's natural attacks, does it use the rider's str/dex, or the vehicle's str/dex?
    Vehicle's.

Good thought on Powered Servomotors, I've added that to the Powered Servomotors entry in the playtest on Google docs.

3. - Top - End - #723

OrcBarbarianGuy

I've noticed that this is becoming more and more of a trend with major sourcebooks nowadays, so I'm curious to see if this will be implemented here as well.

At the end of the book, will there be a reference page that details examples of high-tech psionic universes? Aside from the obvious ones like Code Geas and X-Men, I think it would be a great idea to throw up a list of inspirational material that inspired the project. Paizo did this with the Core Rulebook and Horror Adventures, and I was immensely grateful for both.
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

By the way are we waiting starfinders release so we repackage the whole thing in to first starfinder supplement so we can continue fix paizo content trend and not create something superior to paizo's creations

5. - Top - End - #725

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hello everyone. It’s been a really, REALLY long time since this project began, and we’ve gone through a lengthy series of publication issues, complications, and publisher switches. This process has made me all the more happy to announce that the first volume of Arcforge: Technology Expanded is now available for purchase (with the second volume on the way) as a Legendary Games publication. The whole thing will be released in two volumes, and the second one should be released soon. After that, we've got at least two more Arcforge books on the way based on stuff we've cooked up in the meantime.

Thank you all so, so much for your interest in this project and your patience with its publication. We could not have done this without your support and we hope that you find the final product satisfactory.
    Last edited by Thealtruistorc; 2019-01-26 at 06:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground

How useful is the book, if you don't use psionics?
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

7. - Top - End - #727

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    How useful is the book, if you don't use psionics?
    If you use Akasha, the Technology Guide, or just happen to like the idea of giant robots in Pathfinder, I’m sure you’ll find something of value here.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Binds the table has hands at 2 the class feature has head. (And the other is missing in list regardless).

Themistoclien sacrifices non existent 8th level (probably should be 10th) enhanced capacity.

Why does the Themistoclien not use the archetype progression table?
    Last edited by calyst; 2018-12-27 at 10:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by calyst View Post
    Binds the table has hands at 2 the class feature has head. (And the other is missing in list regardless).

Themistoclien sacrifices non existent 8th level (probably should be 10th) enhanced capacity.

Why does the Themistoclien not use the archetype progression table?
    The Themistoclien’s maneuver progression is an error. It should use the Archetype maneuver progression. The bind should be hands in both cases, not head. The 8th-level enhanced capacity should be 10th.

Thanks for pointing these out. We’ll fix them ASAP.

10. - Top - End - #730

EvilClericGuy

So what's next to come? I'm super interested, I enjoyed the Helmsmen and the potential of mechs and vehicles.

11. - Top - End - #731

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    So what's next to come? I'm super interested, I enjoyed the Helmsmen and the potential of mechs and vehicles.
    Right now, there are three more more-or-less finished manuscripts for the Arcforge line that are in various stages of layout.

The first will be the other half of the playtest, and that is expected to release within a month or so.

The second is a book for integrating Arcforge and other Pathfinder content into Starfinder, with additional rules for utilizing written-for-Starfinder mechanics in Pathfinder.

The third is going to have a lot of things, hosting support for additional classes (paladin, voyager, vigilante, and others) and containing some other stuff I can’t fully discuss right now.

If folks are engaged enough, we may well do a fifth book. I know that I certainly enjoyed working on this project.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thealtruistorc View Post
    Right now, there are three more more-or-less finished manuscripts for the Arcforge line that are in various stages of layout.

The first will be the other half of the playtest, and that is expected to release within a month or so.

The second is a book for integrating Arcforge and other Pathfinder content into Starfinder, with additional rules for utilizing written-for-Starfinder mechanics in Pathfinder.

The third is going to have a lot of things, hosting support for additional classes (paladin, voyager, vigilante, and others) and containing some other stuff I can’t fully discuss right now.

If folks are engaged enough, we may well do a fifth book. I know that I certainly enjoyed working on this project.
    so I can eventually play my favorite mecha Musume sorcerer in Pathfinder now this would be interesting care to drop few sniped for the second part of the playtest mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Bugbear in the Playground

How compatible are the rules with the Skybourne vehicle rules?
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

divination spell result gm gonna have a huge headache and maybe migraine after this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

15. - Top - End - #735

EvilClericGuy

Not very compatible, the vehicles within are written like animal companions.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Pixie in the Playground

@Thealtruistorc

I've been recently reading into Arcforge Expanded for a forum game and some of the language used is ambiguous and/or does not mesh well with the core rules. Especially the rules for bonded mech could use some scrubbing.

Some things I have caught and would like to hear what was your intention when writing them:

Overcharger
    Tech surge benefit has no duration listed for most of its benefits?
    I assume they are all supposed to last a round.

The damage die increase is ambiguous compared to what Paizo uses. Typically either the size itself increases or you count the damage size as X steps bigger. The way it is written right now allows it to stack with everything which increases size, which can lead to balance issues.
    I assume the intention was to count as X sizes bigger?

Improved Surge Bond says that you get a Overdrive Boost, but doesn't mention getting the Overdrive ability itself.
    Do you also get the ability or you can just activate the boost for free when you want?

Mech rules
    Since the mech is written as a separate creature this causes multiple questions with various spells and effects, particularly those with a Range of personal. And most psionic buffs are personal.

Do Personal powers affect you, your mech or both? How are the following powers interacting with your Mech?
    Force Screen, Metamorphosis, Call Weapon, Claws of the Beast, Bite of the Wolf, Energy Resistance, Expansion, Compression

What about movement speed modifying spells/powers?

When you get climb/fly/burrow speed does it apply to yourself/the mech/both?

What happens when you are hit by an AoE attack?
    I'm assuming that you roll save against the full damage, reduce your HP by half of damage taken and divert the other half to the mech and then that damage is reduced by 50%.

Can you make multiple attacks with multiple slotted weapons as part of a Full Attack?
    I assume the intention here was for Mech weapons to be treated similar to Natural Attacks and that you can indeed attack with all slotted weapons as part of a full attack. Is this correct?

What kind of weapon can you fit in a mech weapon slot?
    I assume there is nothing stopping you from equipping multiple Greatswords in all mech slots?

Powers:

Kinetic Arsenal has no mention for damage used?
    Do you add your manifester attribute to damage?
    Do you add 1+1/2 for 2h weapons?
    What about weapons that use ammo - do you animate a quiver alongside the weapon?
    Can you animate oversized weapons if available?
    Last edited by azmodael; 2019-01-15 at 07:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by azmodael View Post
    @Thealtruistorc

I've been recently reading into Arcforge Expanded for a forum game and some of the language used is ambiguous and/or does not mesh well with the core rules. Especially the rules for bonded mech could use some scrubbing.

Some things I have caught and would like to hear what was your intention when writing them:

Overcharger
    Tech surge benefit has no duration listed for most of its benefits?
    I assume they are all supposed to last a round.

The damage die increase is ambiguous compared to what Paizo uses. Typically either the size itself increases or you count the damage size as X steps bigger. The way it is written right now allows it to stack with everything which increases size, which can lead to balance issues.
    I assume the intention was to count as X sizes bigger?

Improved Surge Bond says that you get a Overdrive Boost, but doesn't mention getting the Overdrive ability itself.
    Do you also get the ability or you can just activate the boost for free when you want?
    Tech surge's duration is supposed to be one round

By "increase a weapon's damage die", I meant "treat the weapon as one size larger". I apologize that the language was rather ambiguous.

I should have specified better with the Overdrive Boosts. The pilot overcharger gains boosts points in the same way that the reactor knight does, save that they gain Cha bonus + 1/2 Wilder level boost points rather than Wis bonus.

Mech rules
    Since the mech is written as a separate creature this causes multiple questions with various spells and effects, particularly those with a Range of personal. And most psionic buffs are personal.

Do Personal powers affect you, your mech or both? How are the following powers interacting with your Mech?
    Force Screen, Metamorphosis, Call Weapon, Claws of the Beast, Bite of the Wolf, Energy Resistance, Expansion, Compression

What about movement speed modifying spells/powers?

When you get climb/fly/burrow speed does it apply to yourself/the mech/both?

What happens when you are hit by an AoE attack?
    I'm assuming that you roll save against the full damage, reduce your HP by half of damage taken and divert the other half to the mech and then that damage is reduced by 50%.

Can you make multiple attacks with multiple slotted weapons as part of a Full Attack?
    I assume the intention here was for Mech weapons to be treated similar to Natural Attacks and that you can indeed attack with all slotted weapons as part of a full attack. Is this correct?

What kind of weapon can you fit in a mech weapon slot?
    I assume there is nothing stopping you from equipping multiple Greatswords in all mech slots?
    Mechs aren't so much separate creatures as much as they are extensions of the character. The powers you described would affect both the mech and the pilot.

You are correct regarding the AoE attacks

Mech weapons do indeed function like natural attacks. You can make one attack with each slotted weapon. Each slot can fit an appropriately-sized weapon regardless of whether it normally takes one hand or two. If you want a mech bristling with greatswords, that works.

Powers:

Kinetic Arsenal has no mention for damage used?
    Do you add your manifester attribute to damage?
    Do you add 1+1/2 for 2h weapons?
    What about weapons that use ammo - do you animate a quiver alongside the weapon?
    Can you animate oversized weapons if available?
    With kinetic arsenal, I think it would be fair to add your manifesting ability score modifier to damage with animated weapons but not to multiply it for two-handed weapons (you aren't really carrying it, after all). I would also allow ammo such as quivers or belt feeds to be animated alongside the weapon.

I would restrict the power to weapons of your size, but I'm thinking an augment could increase the size of weapons you are able to wield by 1 for every 2 power points spent.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you for the quick replies. I really appreciate that you provide support for your written content.

I have a few more, admittedly minor questions about the "Arms" Enhancement.

It mentions being able to wield an appropriately sized weapon, but does that refer to pilot or mech size?
    I assume it is referring to Mech size here

Do you need to sheathe weapons held by arms to make full use of the mech slotted weapons or you can just ignore the attacks granted by the Arms and do your Mech weapon routine without dropping/sheating held items?

How does powerful build interact with weapons held in the Mech Arms?

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you for the quick replies. I really appreciate that you provide support for your written content.

I have a few more, admittedly minor questions about the "Arms" Enhancement.

[I]It mentions being able to wield an appropriately sized weapon, but does that refer to pilot or mech size?
    The mech's.

Do you need to sheathe weapons held by arms to make full use of the mech slotted weapons or you can just ignore the attacks granted by the Arms and do your Mech weapon routine without dropping/sheating held items?
    Slotted weapons function from their slot and generally don't need to be swapped around. Note that the Arms enhancement does decrease your number of available slots, so if you wanted to use a weapon in an unavailable slot you'd need to sheathe the weapon held by your Arms first.

How does powerful build interact with weapons held in the Mech Arms?
    It doesn't.
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2019-01-16 at 03:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Pixie in the Playground

Allright! Thanks for those answers!

One (hopefully) last question:

The Overcharger's Pilot Surge - does it apply to all Mech carried/equipped weapons when activated or to only a singleone of them?

Edit:

Actually make that two

How does "Rocket Crash" overdrive of the Reactor Knight function on a character with pounce (full attack on charge)?
    Last edited by azmodael; 2019-01-18 at 10:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #741

OrcBarbarianGuy

Allright! Thanks for those answers!

One (hopefully) last question:

The Overcharger's Pilot Surge - does it apply to all Mech carried/equipped weapons when activated or to only a singleone of them?

Edit:

Actually make that two

How does "Rocket Crash" overdrive of the Reactor Knight function on a character with pounce (full attack on charge)?
    Pilot Surge should apply to all weapons.

For Rocket Crash, the damage should be multiplied on all attacks to coincide with how the ability's counterparts (such as spirited charge) work.

Also, I would like to point out that the second volume of playtest content, Psibertech is now on sale everywhere. This contains rules for enhancements, robot upgrades, armor penetration, and monsters of all sorts

22. - Top - End - #742
    Orc in the Playground

Got a couple of Psibertech questions for ya, as well as a couple of concerns:

The base augmentation Pattern Fluidity of the Cyberart of the Expert Tattooist says you can expend power points equal to "the normal cost of the power" to manifest it from a tattoo without the tattoo disappearing. What exactly is meant by normal cost? The base cost without augmentations, even if the power is augmented? As you can make tattoos of a higher than needed manifester level and the power the tattoo manifests will be auto-augmented up to the higher ML cap of the tattoo. This would be very power point efficient with level 1 powers with good scaling from augments if so.

The advanced augmentation Enhanced Transformation from Endoskeleton of the Morphic Soldier, do I understand correctly that when used it increases all ability score increases from the power by +2 while also reducing all ability score penalties by 2? Seems very strong in combination with Psychofeedback power. Especially in combination with the ultimate augmentation.

Enhanced Data advanced augmentation from Library of the Psionic Scholar is terrifying. It turns you into a 3.5 Erudite++. It's so good that I don't even see much of a point to the ultimate augmentation, because you could just permanently learn the new power instead and add it to your ever growing list of versatility (and many, many levels earlier). In addition, since you get an extra power known from using Enhanced Data, could you not then immediately exchange it for a new piece of psibertech?

Why is there a difference between the Plating of the Psion-Killer's Artificial Form and the Nano-Metabolic Interface's Artificial Form? The former gives DR 10/-, while the latter is DR (level/2)/-. Nano-Metabolic Interface's DR thus only becomes equal to Plating of the Psion-Killer's at level 20.

Along the lines of Library of the Psionic Scholar, being able to double your daily power points through the ultimate augmentation of the Portable Psionic Generator is extremely powerful. It's another case of not all ultimate augmentations being at the same level of power.

How do the phantoms gained from Projector of the Spirit Channeler work if you have actual Spiritualist levels? Would they stack with the 1/2 character level effective spiritualist level to bring them up? Would they suddenly be able to have an emotional focus? Basically, how independent to the actual class are they?

What exactly is the "Heighten Maneuver" feat that the Resonant Maneuvers advanced augmentation of the Resonant Musculature of the Goddess is referring to? There is no such feat in PoW or PoW:E, the most I could find is that it seems to have been a feat in the playtest of PoW:E that was eventually cut. Did it get printed somewhere else that I am not aware of?

When crafting psibertech is regular cybertech, do you need to have three advanced augmentations before being able to pay for the ultimate augmentation? And does the ultimate augmentation work immediately, or is it passive until you hit level 20? Because if it's the former the balance of things starts to get all kinds of screwy, especially if you don't need the advanced augmentation prereqs for the ultimate augmentation. 55k gp to get the basic and ultimate augmentation of certain psibertechs would be more than worth it.

23. - Top - End - #743

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Got a couple of Psibertech questions for ya, as well as a couple of concerns:
    Thank you so much for pointing these out. I'll try to get errata out soon for these.

The base augmentation Pattern Fluidity of the Cyberart of the Expert Tattooist says you can expend power points equal to "the normal cost of the power" to manifest it from a tattoo without the tattoo disappearing. What exactly is meant by normal cost? The base cost without augmentations, even if the power is augmented? As you can make tattoos of a higher than needed manifester level and the power the tattoo manifests will be auto-augmented up to the higher ML cap of the tattoo. This would be very power point efficient with level 1 powers with good scaling from augments if so.
    The cost in power points is intended to be equal to the power point cost of the power if it was manifested in the same way it can be manifested from a tattoo. For example, a tattoo of a ML 1st Expansion would cost 1pp while a tattoo of a ML 7th Expansion would cost 7pp.

The advanced augmentation Enhanced Transformation from Endoskeleton of the Morphic Soldier, do I understand correctly that when used it increases all ability score increases from the power by +2 while also reducing all ability score penalties by 2? Seems very strong in combination with Psychofeedback power. Especially in combination with the ultimate augmentation.
    Error on my part. It increases one ability score bonus per psionic focus expended, but all ability score penalties are reduced by 2 (although Psychofeedback is ability damage, not a penalty).

Enhanced Data advanced augmentation from Library of the Psionic Scholar is terrifying. It turns you into a 3.5 Erudite++. It's so good that I don't even see much of a point to the ultimate augmentation, because you could just permanently learn the new power instead and add it to your ever growing list of versatility (and many, many levels earlier). In addition, since you get an extra power known from using Enhanced Data, could you not then immediately exchange it for a new piece of psibertech?
    My original idea is that this would be similar to a wizard or arcanist being able to copy scrolls into their spellbook, but if this is turning out to be problematic I'm thinking that adding some sort of gp cost to the transaction would help to balance it. Until I get it all down in errata, assume that the cost to learn a power from a stone is equal to 1000 gp x (the power's level squared).

Why is there a difference between the Plating of the Psion-Killer's Artificial Form and the Nano-Metabolic Interface's Artificial Form? The former gives DR 10/-, while the latter is DR (level/2)/-. Nano-Metabolic Interface's DR thus only becomes equal to Plating of the Psion-Killer's at level 20.
    Plating of the Psion-Killer's Artificial Form should scale in the same way the Nano-Metabolic Interface's Artificial Form does, with DR/- equal to half your level.

Along the lines of Library of the Psionic Scholar, being able to double your daily power points through the ultimate augmentation of the Portable Psionic Generator is extremely powerful. It's another case of not all ultimate augmentations being at the same level of power.
    This one may have come out more powerful that I intended, even for a 20th-level ability. Thinking that simple fix would be reducing the power point regeneration to 50.

How do the phantoms gained from Projector of the Spirit Channeler work if you have actual Spiritualist levels? Would they stack with the 1/2 character level effective spiritualist level to bring them up? Would they suddenly be able to have an emotional focus? Basically, how independent to the actual class are they?
    I hadn't thought of that, actually. Let's say that a spiritualist with the Projector of the Spirit Channeler advances their spirit by 1/2 non-spiritualist levels and applies all advanced augmentations of the psibertech to their spirit.

What exactly is the "Heighten Maneuver" feat that the Resonant Maneuvers advanced augmentation of the Resonant Musculature of the Goddess is referring to? There is no such feat in PoW or PoW:E, the most I could find is that it seems to have been a feat in the playtest of PoW:E that was eventually cut. Did it get printed somewhere else that I am not aware of?
    Yeah, the feat was cut and I seemingly missed that. You can erase that sentence.

When crafting psibertech is regular cybertech, do you need to have three advanced augmentations before being able to pay for the ultimate augmentation? And does the ultimate augmentation work immediately, or is it passive until you hit level 20? Because if it's the former the balance of things starts to get all kinds of screwy, especially if you don't need the advanced augmentation prereqs for the ultimate augmentation. 55k gp to get the basic and ultimate augmentation of certain psibertechs would be more than worth it.
    You need to have three advanced augmentations before being able to purchase the ultimate augmentation, and the ultimate augmentation does not function if you aren't level 20.

24. - Top - End - #744

OrcBarbarianGuy

Here to announce that part 3 of Arcforge is now on the market, detailing the stuff we playtested in Arcforge: New Age of Legends.

Arcforge: Star*Path contains a bunch of rules for bringing classes from Pathfinder into Starfinder as well as for brining Starfinder classes into Pathfinder. Want to bust out the Helmsman in Starfinder or a Technomancer in Pathfinder? Now you can.
    Last edited by Thealtruistorc; 2019-01-26 at 06:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you so much for pointing these out. I'll try to get errata out soon for these.
    Well, since you appreciated it so much, how about another set of questions, some for the first Arcforge...

When a character is piloting a mech, which is the primary target of attacks? As the pilot is completely enclosed and no one has LoS to them it seems like you target the mech and thus have to deal with its hardness, but that starts to get weird with what its AC should be or making a save. Should it be basically like a Synthesist Summoner in terms of attacks/targeting/AC/saves/etc? With damage going split half and half between the pilot and mech instead of all the damage (like Synthesist eidolon does)? Oh, and does the mech's hardness apply to the redirected damage? Or to the pilot? I'm a little unclear on when a piloted mech's hardness takes effect.

Is it intended that the Overload hypercharge could be used multiple times on the same receptacle? I doubt it, but it currently has nothing preventing such stacking. On a related note, does a Kobold's Helmsman FCB (Increase bonus of hypercharges by +1/3) affect the amount of faux essence given by Overload? I believe technically no because it isn't a "bonus" as Pathfinder defines it (part of why it stacks with itself, doesn't by RAW run into the no stacking untyped same source bonus rule) but wanted to check.

How come there's no Boon Companion equivalent for mechs (Boon Mech?)? It's hard to justify splitting pilot levels between multiple mechs with archetypes like the Eclipse Dread or Fleet Commander Helmsman for much the same reason as splitting up animal companion levels.

Does a Psiborg Adept's Cognizant Mechanisms obey the usual rules for "Using Stored Power Points"? Normally I would say yes but with how Unified Energy works (allowing you to mix and match charges and power points) I wanted to be sure.

Custom Vehicle feat should probably be limited to your character level when stacking its effective druid/pilot level with that from other sources.

If your mech has the Arms mech enhancement, is there anything preventing you from using them at the same time as your own normal arms when combined with the Cybernetic Integration feat (essentially giving you 4 arms total, qualifying you for Multi-Weapon Fighting)?

When crafting tech items as magic items through the Ingenious Craftsman feat, do they still use charges? Likewise, do magic items made as tech items start to require charges of their own, and if so how much?

For Transcendent Power/Spell, does the conversion to the other system also include benefiting from caster/manifester level bonuses? With say an Orange Ioun Stone, does its caster level bonus apply to a Transcendent Power (because it now counts as a magic spell) or to a Transcendent Spell (because you figure out your caster level, then convert)? Or conversely which application can a Wilder's Wild Surge/Overchannel feat be used with? This pair of meta feats is very interesting, but I've been trying to find some sort of unique interaction to justify using them in campaigns with psionics-magic transparency without much luck (yet).

This one may have come out more powerful that I intended, even for a 20th-level ability. Thinking that simple fix would be reducing the power point regeneration to 50.
    I think a flat amount like that might not be good enough, especially when the basic augmentation is already providing 20 itself at that level. 50 PP is 2 and change fully augmented manifested powers. Perhaps a fraction of total PP pool, like 1/5th or 1/4th? A high Int level 20 Psion with the basic augment has about 500 PP for example. Perhaps with a minimum on how much PP it recharges so non-9 manifesters have a good benefit from it as well?

Expanded Clip from Psibertech should really be Expanded Magazine or Expanded (Ammo?) Capacity (since it can affect things with more than just physical ammunition).

I haven't gotten the new book, but I'm sure I will have some questions about it when I do .

26. - Top - End - #746

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sorry it took so long. These last few weeks have been incredibly hectic for me (school ain't letting up) and I haven't had time to look through a lot of the stuff on the forums. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

When a character is piloting a mech, which is the primary target of attacks? As the pilot is completely enclosed and no one has LoS to them it seems like you target the mech and thus have to deal with its hardness, but that starts to get weird with what its AC should be or making a save. Should it be basically like a Synthesist Summoner in terms of attacks/targeting/AC/saves/etc? With damage going split half and half between the pilot and mech instead of all the damage (like Synthesist eidolon does)? Oh, and does the mech's hardness apply to the redirected damage? Or to the pilot? I'm a little unclear on when a piloted mech's hardness takes effect.
    The pilot and the mech are effectively one creature, so the AC and saves of the base creature are used (modified by their being in the mech, of course). Damage is indeed split in half, and hardness is applied to the mech after the split (this resulted in some interesting playtest situations where a character went unconscious inside their mech).

Is it intended that the Overload hypercharge could be used multiple times on the same receptacle? I doubt it, but it currently has nothing preventing such stacking. On a related note, does a Kobold's Helmsman FCB (Increase bonus of hypercharges by +1/3) affect the amount of faux essence given by Overload? I believe technically no because it isn't a "bonus" as Pathfinder defines it (part of why it stacks with itself, doesn't by RAW run into the no stacking untyped same source bonus rule) but wanted to check.

No, the Overload hypercharge should not be usable multiple times on the same receptacle. Neither should the kobold FCB boost Overload.

How come there's no Boon Companion equivalent for mechs (Boon Mech?)? It's hard to justify splitting pilot levels between multiple mechs with archetypes like the Eclipse Dread or Fleet Commander Helmsman for much the same reason as splitting up animal companion levels.

In Hindsight, adding something like that might have been a good idea, although I did create a feat in another book (Adepts of the Inward Eye) which will serve just fine for these purposes

Spoiler: Feat: Devoted Student
    Show

Devoted Student
    In spite of your dabbling elsewhere, your core talents remain strong.
    Prerequisites: Character level 4th
    Benefit: Choose one class feature from one class that you have at least three levels in, excluding spellcasting, manifesting, or martial maneuvers. For the purpose of that class feature, your class level is treated as 4 higher, to a maximum of your character level. This does not stack with feats such as Boon Companion which increase your effective class level in a similar manner. Special: You may select this feat multiple times. Each time, it applies to a different class feature.

Does a Psiborg Adept's Cognizant Mechanisms obey the usual rules for "Using Stored Power Points"? Normally I would say yes but with how Unified Energy works (allowing you to mix and match charges and power points) I wanted to be sure.

Yes, it would obey the normal rules

Custom Vehicle feat should probably be limited to your character level when stacking its effective druid/pilot level with that from other sources.

Yeah, it should

If your mech has the Arms mech enhancement, is there anything preventing you from using them at the same time as your own normal arms when combined with the Cybernetic Integration feat (essentially giving you 4 arms total, qualifying you for Multi-Weapon Fighting)?
    No, there is nothing preventing you from doing this

When crafting tech items as magic items through the Ingenious Craftsman feat, do they still use charges? Likewise, do magic items made as tech items start to require charges of their own, and if so how much?

If an item uses charges, it requires charges whether it is magical or technological. If an item doesn’t use charges, changing the source of its power does not cause it to require charges.

For Transcendent Power/Spell, does the conversion to the other system also include benefiting from caster/manifester level bonuses? With say an Orange Ioun Stone, does its caster level bonus apply to a Transcendent Power (because it now counts as a magic spell) or to a Transcendent Spell (because you figure out your caster level, then convert)? Or conversely which application can a Wilder's Wild Surge/Overchannel feat be used with? This pair of meta feats is very interesting, but I've been trying to find some sort of unique interaction to justify using them in campaigns with psionics-magic transparency without much luck (yet).

Yes, these sorts of cross-system benefits would apply. These feats were intended for nontransparent games, but this sort of system integration gives them some interesting new utility.

Expanded Clip from Psibertech should really be Expanded Magazine or Expanded (Ammo?) Capacity (since it can affect things with more than just physical ammunition).

Maybe. Expanded Clip just sounded snappier in my opinion.
    Last edited by Thealtruistorc; 2019-02-23 at 06:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

How would mechs interact with the Ships of Skybourne vehicle construction rules?

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by viperwolf306 View Post
    How would mechs interact with the Ships of Skybourne vehicle construction rules?
    The mech rules were actually written before Ships of Skybourne was really a thing, so they don't really talk to each other.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Pixie in the Playground

That sucks. Any ideas to how someone can blend the two together?

30. - Top - End - #750

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by viperwolf306 View Post
    That sucks. Any ideas to how someone can blend the two together?
    I haven't looked into Ships of Skybourne, so I can't say.

On a related note, the fourth Arcforge book is now available, this one dealing with Spheres of Power and a new campaign setting in which to utilize all of the content from the books.