New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default To pathfinder's frame: Champions of Khyber.

Such a thing is supported in eberron's setting. In essence, it goes as follows: An individual believes there is a glorious paradise lying deep within Khyber. Generally speaking, these individuals are quite mad (voices, visions, ect.), so of course they would think this. To reach this paradise, however, they believe they must achieve a great victory over the forces of evil.

So, I thought, why not port this concept into pathfinder and ask what people thought of it? So, roughly translated, here it goes;

A paradise lies within the abyss.
    The qlippoth are the mad heralds of this place, for lack of a better term, for their aim to eliminate sin.
    If one can win a significant enough victory over the forces of evil, part of which is at least putting a dent in the demon population if not eliminating sin outright, one may be able to reach this place.

How well would this play? What alignment(s) and classes would you see likely fulfilling this role?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: To pathfinder's frame: Champions of Khyber.

I could see that as a summoner. Your eidolon will be a monster drawn from the darkest reaches of the Abyss. Possibly a synthesist summoner, and RP a personality shift when you're encased in the eidolon and the voices become so much louder.

The alignment isn't evil either in aims or means, but certainly chaotic; you're trusting crazed voices only you can hear over the wiser voices of society.

The horizon walker PrC is another possibility. Entry from aberrant or abyssal bloodrager seems appropriate. This guy could be any alignment, he's seeking out his roots rather than following voices.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't quite see the3 connection to class... This is a matter of belief, and you can make a case for most if not all classes and such to be able to do so. An oracle might have a special theory/ link, so could a witch, a wizard who studied the occult, but even mundane character- A fighter could easily wish to "fight the good fight", a rogue who knows the unfairness of the world, but seeks to use his special skills, and more.

The PF rules allow for many kinds of build that can work with the belief you've stated, and also be quite effective. Hell, even paladins could fit (Especially if you're also importing Eberron's take on belief in general). They still strive to do good, though their primary concerns may be incorrect, or misguided.

Or am I misunderstanding your question? I'm not quite sure...

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Thats an element of it, yes. I think there would be classes that might be more likely to hold certain beliefs, but there are certainly no true restrictions (except druids. They have limits).