New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: [IC] Ares Team A - Conflict on the Horizon

Jill closes the door behind her and seals it again. From the outside it might look like wood, but from the inside it looks more like a vault door. She crosses the room, giving the laundry pair a reassuring pat on the way, and disengages the security system. She cuts the chain and opens the sliding door for the van.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

once in johns leg pops open and he pulls out a flask "anyone need a swig" john takes a long pull then tips it up side down with grown "fine..."his other leg pops open and an even bigger flask pops out he tips it in the direction of the team

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Steve will grab the flask "Thank the tinman. If it is all the same to you guys, I will keep quiet unless you need me for some details." Steve will hunker down in a corner and close his eyes.
    Character Sheets for Conflict on the Horizon

If you ride upon the tiger you can never get off
    They get hungry

4. - Top - End - #94

Zombie

Summer Murphy

After making sure the Van is parked in the bolthole pointing towards the exit, so they can make a quick exit if needed, Summer joins the rest. She gave a quick shake of her head when John's flask was offered to her. She was a lightweight at best and she needed to keep her head.

This is the same as any other mission. Well almost, but we need to lay out the facts so we can plan. She started by holding up four fingers to illustrate her points.
    We need information. What do we know about team b? If Wayne has kept our access open we should be able to pull their files, if not Wayne may know a lot more about them. Once we have that hopefully it'll point at a place to strike at them or even lure them into some kind of trap.
    She folded down her index finger before moving on

We also need to know what's killing Steve and what antidote we need to save his ass. Any idea's what they poisoned you with Steve?
    She then folded down her middle finger, continueing

The final bit of basic information is that we need to know about the Horizon site with the real data. Where is it, what kind of security do they have, you know: the usual.
    She then folded her ring finger back into her fist, leaving her pinky out. She looked at it intently as she spoke
    Finally, or more to the point: firstly, we need to know where we all stand on this. Is everybody good with killing the other team, ripping off horizon again and saving Steve's butt? We'll make enemies doing this... And we have a good chance of getting killed doing all this under twenty-two hours and change.
    She then looked away from her hand as she folded her pinky back into her fist, waiting for the others to pitch ideas and information they had or could get. She didn't expect any of them to back out of the fight.
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalin

How is that different than usual?

My entire family works for Ares, I want my damn job back.

Team B deserves a worse death than what we will be able to give them.

Steve bought us this chance, we should help him.

Our deal with Horizon does not preclude us from stealing the real data. We will execute our part of the bargain, and then do what we gotta do.

6. - Top - End - #96

Zombie

Summer Murphy

It's different because we're deciding to do this. It's not something we're ordered to do. There's a big difference between those two. She answered Kalin.
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalin

Risk is risk. None of us were forced into service. I will see those bastards ended, preferebly by my blade.

8. - Top - End - #98

GreenSorcererElf

"Violence" Jill

"Don't change a thing if we get told to do a thing, or if its our own idea. It's the 'xact same. And I'm in. Steve, why does your corp want us to steal the files back if they ain't real?"
    Jill asked.
    Last edited by Entelechy; 2015-12-11 at 01:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

slight drunkenly "Steve's a good guy i'm all in for helping em... as for the rest. you people are the closet to a family i got left so i'm all for getting team b and our jobs back no mater what it takes"slumping to the ground in the in a corner
    Last edited by Rivi; 2015-12-11 at 01:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

"My Manager wanted the information back, I wasn't made aware of the reason. But he wanted it to be a stipulation in your release. If my source is right, it is because, even though it maybe old tech, it is about 6 months old, but it has a break through in the thermodynamics problems we were incurring." he will pause and take a deep breath through in through his nose out through his mouth.

"As for the poison, it is likely a specialty mix that Horizon uses to end problems, that they do not want linked back to them. It has an approximate incubation period of 24 hours. We..(He corrects himself) They keep it locked up with the other special tech, along with an antidote. With some guidance, I think I can get you guys in and out with the antidote, and the actual
    neo-device that Ares was looking for."
    Last edited by Nocturno; 2015-12-11 at 05:22 PM.

They get hungry

11. - Top - End - #101

GreenSorcererElf

"So we got to plan, arm, and run real fast, then. Do you know any thing that can save us some leg work?"
    Jill asked. Jill sits on the edge of her plastic wrapped bed, and if not afraid to give a deathglare to anyone else who approaches it, or even looks like they might be thinking about doing so.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Cozy, Castiel comments upon entering the bolt hole, I should get one. Briefly, Castiel considered suggesting they skip the job Horizon hired them for, but dismissed the idea; if anything, doing the job might make getting the real data, and the cure, easier. After all, having a present for Ares would certainly make them more likely to resurrect the team.

I haven't heard a voice among us who doesn't want to get our jobs back. Revenge is not something I need, but justice is another matter. As for Steve... even if I were hardened to his plight, he has value to us; getting the actual data our bosses want is going to make them real happy. So here's my proposal: we start with Ares, secure the data Horizon wants, and the information we need to finger team B. Then, we use that data as a way into Horizon, secure the actual target and the antidote, cure Steve, present the prize and the evidence to Ares, get our jobs back and justice delivered to team B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

"Maybe Wayne can get us a lead on the device. Without the device the software is useless. If we can get in before they fully analyze it, we can fulfill Horizons request. He will spit after he says Horizon.

"It could work, My former Manager is a pompous ass. It may bring their guard down if we bring them what they want." he will snort and chuckle.

"I doubt they will have delayed in removing my access. But from the looks of your team, that should not be a challenge. I have a pretty good memory, and I will get you what I can. Anyone have something I can use to put down some notes?"

They get hungry

14. - Top - End - #104

Zombie

Summer Murphy

That's about how I see it as well. So first job; getting back what team B stole. Preferably without alerting Ares to what we're doing before we bring back the real score and most definitely not harming any Ares employees. Excepting team B of course.

Summer said while pulling out her cheap commlink and checking that it was still slaved to her own biological pan. She then turned of access to the matrix to prevent it from transmitting and handed it to Steve with a Use my burner. before turning back to the rest.

Wayne will be our obvious way in. Like Steve said he'll of been keeping an eye on this and will probably know more ore be able to find out more. If none of you objects I'll give him a call and ask him to get on it, it'll take a moment to make sure we aren't traced easily.

Spoiler: if nobody objects
    Show
    If nobody objects Summer will contact Wayne using the location he left. On the way there she'll start by routing her matrix presence through a few other nodes to make any trace a bit harder. Even though she won't need to, she'll say the following out loud so the team can 'listen in'
    Wayne, we need your help again. We need any information about the site that's holding what Team B stole from Horizon and as much information as you have on Team B. We have the start of a plan to fix this for Ares, us and Steve, but it'll be tricky and we'll need what they took to start it off.
    Last edited by Chivy; 2015-12-16 at 11:03 AM.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

Tadhg Bryson

-Previously-

Tadhg swiftly exits the van when instructed to do so. He makes his way into the area and give it a quick look around. Doesn't seem like much, but at least it is something out of sight. While Larry might have been able to hook us up with a table in a shady corner or maybe, maybe, a little time after hours it would have taken someone knowing we were still alive. This was definitely the better option. It may not have been as nice but it was at least safe from prying eyes, and drones, at least for now. Tadhg looks to Steve and says, "Well, I could probably whip up a dose of detox but I'm not sure how effective it would be against a custom toxin. It works well for me after a night out, but I have never had to use it for something like this before. But that would take a run to Stuffer Shack since my alchemist kit is still at my place."

-This very now-

Tadhg nods when offered the flask and when it came around to him he took a small swig. If stereotypes had gotten anything right it was that Scots were good at keeping their liquor in. But he knew to much might start to take its toll, and now was not a good time for that at all. Perhaps after all this is sorted out. "Count me in, Murph. I need my job back too. While I could take the work off the books, I'd hate always feeling hunted. Luckily for this "Team B" they won't have to feel hunted for much longer. So what's the plan?"

After hearing everyone chime in Tadhg gives his two cents. "I'm with Cas on this. Any other way doesn't make sense given our time crunch here. Lets touch base with Wayne and see if he has any updates on Team B. Maybe we can catch 'em while their still drunk on the success of their plotted betrayal."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

john nods feeling good about the plan "what ever you guys think"

17. - Top - End - #107

"I don't think the stuffer shack is a good option, we should stay inside. If we can't get the antidote, we can try your detox. Thanks, I will get as much down as I can to make infiltration possible."

They get hungry

18. - Top - End - #108

GreenSorcererElf

"Violence" Jill.

"You leave, you don't come back,"
    Jill said simply to Tadhg's suggestion to made a run for the alchemist kit.

"That plan is bad. I won't help you steal from our corp. We have done no wrong by them so far, and I won't let you stain my rep with them. If we touch what they stole, we can't prove its fake, anyway. The real score, and a dead Team B should be good enough,"
    Jill said.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalin

I am uneasy about stealing from the company. I think it will be in the best interests of the company for us to perform this task, but I do not have to like it. Anything to get our jobs back.

When it comes time to deal with Team B, I want to be at the fore.

20. - Top - End - #110

Zombie

Summer Murphy

With a shock Summer realised what she had been proposing to do. She had let her reasoning board a train and run allong it's track not taking the time to question the conclusions she had made. A pang of loss exploded inside of her then. Cambridge would never have made a mistake like that..
    Drek, you're right. I have no idea what i was thinking, all this has me rattled I guess. I can't believe that I.... She stammered, her voice thick with suppressed grief and shame.

Summer visibly made an effort to reign in her rampant feelings, taking a few deep breaths to steady herself before sincerely saying
    Thanks for questioning my reasoning. I don't know why i got fixated on keeping our promise, while there is another way to save Steve. Guess I should at least be glad that this is different from our normal missions and we can actually question what we're doing.
    A disarming and slightly mischievous smile played across her lips at her little jibe, before she again became all business.
    So step one is hitting the Horizon facility and nabbing the Device, Up-to-date Data and Steve's antidote. Steve we'll need whatever you remember asap. Start with the location and we can start planning our approach. It'll go without saying that Horizon will probably have their security on alert with them burning Steve and him knowing what he knows. So we plan for the worst case scenario.
    Last edited by Chivy; 2015-12-18 at 06:29 AM.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"ok sounds like weve got a plan lets call whos-its and find out the whatsis so i get to shooting somebody" john say slightly pissidly

22. - Top - End - #112

"Ok, I think this is everything."

Steve will have notes of access codes he can remember, that were his or others he noticed people entering when he entered with them.

Typical security schedules, and shift changes.

All the entrances and exits. And what kind of security to expect. (Hardware and Humanoid)

Everything that should let you make a plan, like the pros you are.

He does not have building blue prints, as no Matrix was available.

They get hungry

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

You're looking at it wrong, Castiel almost immediately replied, We're not harming Ares, not in the long run. The data's useless if we get the whole thing, so they'd probably even give it to us if they knew what we were planning. It's like an investment. More importantly- Castiel paused, wondering if he really ought to reduce the recent tragedy to strategic concerns.

More importantly, he said again, we're down three teammates and a whole lot of advice and resources. We need every advantage we can get. Castiel didn't voice his secret fear, and hope, that Ares might decide to leave them dead anyway, either not caring, or finding more use in them as Shadowrunners than security. He'd always figured on becoming a Shadowrunner one day, but he'd also figured he'd be going it alone when he did. Truthfully he was torn, between the possibilities of having a team from the get go, and the empathy he felt towards their lost lives. Even he was feeling it, which was part of why a part of him wanted Ares to leave him officially dead, even if it wasn't the perfect opportunity he'd always planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalin

I agree that it wouldn't hurt the company long term, but it would decrease our chances of being accepted back.
    The real question is would the advantage we gain, offset the the time spent. We are on a short clock.

25. - Top - End - #115

A short message will come in on the Pi-Tac:

I created a secure host on my private access and hooked your Pi-Tac in to the 'trix through that host.

You should be able to use a connection for communications, and light searches with no trouble, maybe just a bit of delay.

- Wayne

They get hungry

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

john snorts something intelligible about someones mother before passing out

27. - Top - End - #117

Wayne comes up on the Pi-tac again.

"Hey folks, I have the rest of the team ready to meet up. The heat is off the van and your comms for the time being. I will be working to tie in another comm for Syliva so she can help with some planning if needed. Assemble at the diner at the corner of Pike and Stewart."
    Last edited by Nocturno; 2016-02-23 at 07:02 PM.

They get hungry

28. - Top - End - #118

Zombie

Summer Murphy

Thanks Wayne Summer replied using the tacnet. She smiled at the news that the rest of their team had gotten out safely and was impatient to hook up with them. She quickly got to her feet and started a quick check of her gear, obviously eager to go.

Alright guess it's time to saddle up and get this show on the road. We can plan all we want from here, but until we get eyes on the facility it'll be a waste of time. If we can get Lucy's drones up and scouting that place we'll have a better idea of what our options to infiltrate it quietly are. Her's have a lot better autosofts than Buzz has... It'll also be good to get us all together again. She then cocked her eyebrow to see if the others would object, before walking towards the van intent on moving as soon as possible.

Owh, and can somebody slap John awake and take his booze away from him. We need everybody on their a-game untill this is over.
    Last edited by Chivy; 2016-02-23 at 07:32 PM.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalin Lightstepper
    Sure thing boss.
    (Proceeds to remove, and hide the flask before waking him up)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

john snorts awake and blurts out "whats the possum" before regaining his faculty "are we ready to do yet or should i pull out my third hidden flask" then heads for the van