New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Ashourina! (In Character)

Stonebiter

"I agree that an enemy who is known is half defeated already. Let us learn what we may first. While I don't have the magic or infiltration abilities of some, I can certainly harry the citizens of this Paladin's demesne that we might know his response."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ashourina sits, listening to her servants. So many ideas, all of them already in her mind, but it helps them to let tyem speak first. She sees Cordelia kneel, and knows what she will do. The woman is easy, now she is, she was difficult. She looks down on the knight, smiling kindly. "You have served well in the cause of bringing order to this world. You are our sword, Cordelia. You deserve to be named. Now rise, Lady of the Black Rose."

She again looked over the others, still kind. It was her face for the world, her face for the heart was never shown, only to those whose souls were with hers. "To strike at a foe is more than striking at his body. Bodies fall, but souls continue. To triumph, one must best the soul. This saint has a singular soul, carved from adamantium through years of sacrifice. It is misguided, yes, but it is too set in its way to turn, or even to bend. All that can be done is to stop this soul. It can only be stopped by destruction. A direct attack however is the focus of this soul, the path it seeks. It also is the path on which it will bring all of its attentions. To strike against strength is folly, it wastes power that could be sent against weakness. And that is where we will strike."

"But weakness must be found, and all take care to hide it, except those who are strong even in weakness, or those who are ill-equiped mentally. Our foe is neither, and so care must be taken to find weakness. Stilltongue is capable in that regard, and we would task him with entering this fortress, and finding our true enemy. Archmage Adath possesses power in the art of divination, and we ask him to bring that to bear alongside Stilltongue's methods. At this same time, the Lady of the Black Rose will form up one if our legions, keeping them hidden but ready to be marched forwards. At the same time a party from Grimfell will set forth, led by Velduvian and Izolas. speaking of the need to form an alliance. Combined with this, we would have Stonebiter set attend to this keep, exploring its contents, and causing feelings of unease by targeting guards and others who can be taken unaware. Our own might will remain here, to intervene when necessary.
    Last edited by Raunchel; 2015-11-04 at 01:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thy will be done, My Queen."

Aldik stands, takes three steps backwards before pivoting on the heel of his boot, walking towards the entrance. After three steps, he stops and loops up at the deep ruby atop his metal staff for a brief moment.

"Stilltongue...before you leave. Take this with you."

Aldik reaches up, grasping the stone and pulling it from its setting atop his staff with a metallic click. He holds it up in the palm of his hand for a moment and it begins to hover, and then float leisurely over to Stilltongue, stopping to hover near him as if waiting for him to pluck it from the air.

"This device will allow me to see through it, and communicate with you via it. Should you encounter trouble, I can assist you through it, or come to your aid directly if necessary."

He begins stepping towards the exit of the ziggurat at a modest pace, his staff sans crystal still making a metal on stone 'clink' with ever couple of steps, and his boots still only impacting lightly under the near total lack of human bodyweight.

"I will return when my divinations are completed, and share all information that I glean from them."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stilltongue accepted the device, tucking it away in his coat. Giving a nod to the Queen, he turned and walked out of the throne room.

Spoiler: Aldik:
    Show
    Once the gem is placed in Stilltongue's coat, any sensory information it imparts is possibly lost to Aldik (as though it were in a handy haversack)
    Last edited by ValarMorgulis; 2015-11-04 at 10:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

At the Ashourina's command, the Lady of the Black Rose stood. "As you wish, my Queen."

There was much to be done... Cordelia needed to return to Grimmfell and muster her troops... and she needed to do it while the element of surprise was on their side.

But before she left...

She stepped outside, seeing Aldik descending downwards. She called out to him.

"You like to solve riddles, don't you, Aldik? Perhaps there's one you could solve for me," she said, the bitterness clear in her tone.

She slowly walked towards him. "When I swore my allegiance to the Immortal Queen," she said. "Did I 'fall,' as you so eloquently put it? Or did I see the light?"

She stopped just close enough for him to see the meaning in her eyes. "I would choose your words carefully, next time," she continued. "Had I brought the Queen's attention to the poison escaping from your mouth, she might have looked upon you disfavorably."

She glared. "I don't know if you meant offense, and I don't care. It is unwise to anger me... and equally unwise to underestimate me. I may die, one day, yes. But do not mistake that for weakness."

She brushed past Aldik and descended downward. "If anything, it makes me stronger."
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-11-04 at 12:44 PM. Reason: She stepped outside, seeing Aldik stepping down the steps." ... No.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eldest member of the group speaks. "Grimfell stands on the edge of the wilderness, and it is their duty, as well as ours to defend the world from the dangers that lurk in the remote places. Fell powers are gathering in the mountain, and we lack the strength to stand against them alone. Furthermore, our efforts to gain aid from the nations we protect have failed. They do not know of the evil, and think Sal'Veen is growing old and senile, and has deluded himself into believing it in the hopes of reviving his glory days. Some minor help was promised, but it should have arrived a week ago. Truly, our job is a thankless one…" He trails off.

"Still, it is our duty, and when allies from afar do not stir, we must look closer to home. Grimfell is also directly threatened, and to stand any hope of survival, we must stand together."
    Spoiler: rweird
    Show
    Lucius, in appearance, seemed to be listening patiently, but if one were to peer into his thoughts...

Hells... this man can drone on... Get to your point, will you...? Look you really don't need all of that, just say "we need some of your troops" and go about your way...!

A pause as the old man trailed off, then he resumed.

Ugh! Are you going to finish or not, you old fart?!

When he finally concluded his plea, Lucius nodded. "...Yes."

"Well, it seems you're in luck. On behalf of his majesty, I can spare you a certain number of troops... some will remain here to defend the city of course.

"How does... say... 1500 sound? And we'll have them take the main road to Fort Sal'veen."

Extended Sig.

Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

At first, Velduvian followed Cordelia. After she spoke he bit his cheek to keep from laughing.

"Hmm." Velduvian tapped his lips and then grinned. "Such a firebrand, that Black Rose. I wouldn't upset her, Aldik. Mortals might surprise you. The knowledge that they will die one day regardless tends to make them reckless when angry." He offered a wink to the lady in question as he spoke.

Chuckling, Velduvian took a step forward and teleported back to his home; there were dozens of plans to put into action. And he had orders for his loyal followers. Much of his forces were ordered to assemble near Grimmfell, or at least in the forests closest to Grimmfell to await orders. And then he'd have to meet with Cordelia before he took charge of the diplomacy mission along with Izolas. Since it appeared he'd be using her own troops, he wanted to pay proper respects and learn about the men he'd have following him. And offer to replace any men he took with his own men to keep the castle safe.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2015-11-04 at 02:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldik stops, halfway down the steps and turns to face Cordelia as she speaks to him and approaches. He waits patiently for her to finish speaking before replying to her in as a respectful tone as his deep raspy voice can offer with no actual vocal cords to manipulate

" My Lady of the Black Rose, I was not aware you were a paladin prior to your association with our queen. Regardless of how you choose to refer to it, my use of the 'to fall from grace' idiom does not necessarily imply any negative connotation, or imply any actual loss in power or ability. In fact, in regards to the adversary we seek to engage at this time, it means literally that we hope to create a loss of favor for him from the holy powers that allow him to combat those he views as evil so effectively.
    The fact that this may or may not have happened to you is not necessarily of importance, but it does prove that the stratagem I suggested can potentially be successful. You are a living example of exactly what I propose is possible. To say such a switch would have made you any weaker, or stronger in a direct sense would not be accurate, and such would not apply to him as you both hold within you the force of will and dedication to do great things. That force of will is not diminished by the switch in views, but it does free you from the restriction of choices that are contained within a very narrow set of options, defined as 'good' or 'benevolent', and that arguably is an increase in power all the same."

Aldik turns back around, proceeding back down the stairs

" I meant no disrespect, and I agree that it would be unwise to underestimate you. But let it be clear that I do not fear you, or anyone else for that matter. My presence here is a matter of conscious choice, and an oath of fealty which I consider binding. That oath was not made to you, but to our Queen. As you and I are both her servants, we are allied in a common goal. I urge you, in spite of anything I say, or you feel that might come between us, to remember that. She trusts you, and therefor so do I. The rest is just meaningless posturing."

He takes another step

" I hope my reply has been satisfying to you."

A few moments pass, allowing Cordeila to perhaps retort before Aldik's crimson pinpoints for eyes flash silver fire and a rainbow flash of light sweeps over everything within 5 feet of him. Instantaneously, the light is gone, and so is Aldik.

9. - Top - End - #39

Izolas and Iskar Jarak both bow deeply to Ashourina, accepting her decision on the recommendations she and the others had put forward. She was less than pleased by the prospect of Velduvian's company - his pronouncements of law and order grated on her sensibilities, and his blindness to reality's fundamental non-conformity was not likely to be changed. Still, one might have said the same of her in eons past, and she had changed. She would not be the one to try to change him, though - that way lay frustration and unnecessary conflict - she would leave that to reality. It would eventually work through to even the blindest of beings or they would be swept away if they challenged it too dramatically.

A thought from Iskar popped into her mind, "My love, I believe Czith would be most useful in performing a reconnaissance of Fortress Sal'Veen. However, a warning to the others who are also spying will avoid conflict."

"I agree. I believe Meridah might enjoy an outing as well, though certainly not within the walls of the fortress," the last phrase was tinged with humor as memories of Meridah's previous orgies flashed through her mind. "I doubt the paladin would view her influence favorably."

Izolas took a few quick steps toward Stilltongue as the mage left him.

"Master Stilltongue, a moment of your time as well. Master Stonebiter, if I may speak with you too. As Velduvian and I are there to pursue diplomatic channels, I shall have some servants in the area. I would appreciate it if you would not kill them. They will be gathering valuable information and might even be a source of aid to you."

Iskar Jarak spoke up. "The first is my personal spymaster. He is a master of changing his appearance, but do not worry about killing him by accident. He is quite resilient."

"The other who you might encounter is a Pleasure Devil who I will task to scout around the fortress and hopefully seduce any who are outside its walls," Izolas continued. "She will be ... quite obvious, I suspect. She may gather a few converts to her side. Both of them will be instructed to provide you any aid they can should the need arise. If either of you have particular guidance, I will give it to them before I send them to their duties."
    Last edited by Anomander; 2015-11-04 at 03:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Sontebiter, who had been busy staring at the ceiling, bows after the Queen's orders, "Your will."

He exits and nods to Izolas, "I will try not to destroy your underlings. I will try not to kill any of those they subvert. If they could share the information they find, that would be useful. I will be starting at the edges and moving inward, to gauge our opponent's reaction to this encroachment."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

"..."

Cordelia wasn't satisfied, but she wasn't dissatisfied either. In any case, the time to dwell on it was not now.

Rynskaald's roar rang from high above. Cordelia raised her hand, allowing the beast to swoop down over her, and she grabbed hold of the saddle as it passed. Mounting the dragon mid-air, they made for the City of Grimmfell.

There was much Aldik did not know about Cordelia. She would not allow him to know. But what he seemed to be missing was that Cordelia had "turned" at a much younger age... and as Izolas pointed out, Thryvak Salveen was old. Set in his ways. It took much time and care for Ashourina to show Cordelia the way... time, she feared, Sal'veen did not have.

In a sense... she was sorry that Sal'veen would become her enemy. She had grown up hearing of his exploits... he had become something of a role model, back when Cordelia was starting off, without ever even meeting him. She would never have anticipated then that they might cross swords.

Regardless, there was only one thing that mattered. Ashourina will not be denied.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-11-04 at 04:58 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Starmage21:
    Spoiler: Metafaculty results
    Show
    Thryvak Sal'Veen, sainted human, lawful good, cleric, crusader, ordained champion, prestige paladin, warblade, divine oracle, contemplative and Hierophant.
    Very high (21 HD to 40 HD)
    Warrior's Rest (Sal'Veen's fortress), edge of Grimfell and Ashourizar, this world, prime.
    Items of significant: Enchanted shield and mithril breastplate, belt of magnificent and battle, cowl of warding.
    Any significant activities or actions: Dispatched envoys to Grimfell, four of his strongest warriors. patrolled battlements, talked with followers to try to rally them. Cast three Sendings.
    View: You see Sal'Veen, appearing to be about seventy, although his skin is smooth, and hair still white. He has a set of angelic wings, and his skin is a reddish bronze. A longsword is strapped to his side, and a shield with his god's holy symbol in his hand (the fist grasping the lightning bolt is also on his breastplate). He has a white cowl over his head, feeding into a flowing gold and white cloak. He is talking to an archer on the wall, assuring him that they are righteous in their cause, their blessed lord shall guide his shots, and if they fall, they shall join their god's host in heaven, before steeping off the wall, and seeming to land on an unseen platform, is whisked away at incredible speed, faster than your remote viewing can follow him.

Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "While an additional garrison would prove most useful, it would only delay the inevitable. Unless we can find other allies, we will eventually overwhelm us. Saint Sal'Veen has a number of boats, and recommends that you evacuate the civilian population of Grimfell, along with as many material goods as possible, leaving your soldiers to protect them, before eventually evacuating them as well. Sal'Veen and his followers, and any other warrior who wishes to stay, remaining to cover our retreat. Hopefully, we'd be able to hold off long enough for aid to be sent. A nation's displacement is not ignorable, unlike, it seems, Sal'Veen's wisdom is." He finishes bitterly.

"However, you mentioned that your liege is seeking allies in the mountains, and an evacuation would be a great hardship on Grimfell's people. If allies can be found, I would advise that we march against this threat and strike before they are ready."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Velduvian
    Show
    Once home, Velduvian greeted a few people as we passed. A massive hybrid beast, more lion than anything else, but also part dragon and goat appeared from seemingly nowhere. "Ah, hello Grar. Eat anything tasty lately?"

Grar roared pleasantly and scratched at the ground, knowing he can't claw at the people unless he means to eat them. "Yeah! Trespassers! Goblins!"

The Fey King rubbed a hand through the lion's mane. "Good. Keep keeping the forest safe for me. And remember, kill all witnesses but one, if you want. But never kill all of them."

Moving on, he was stopped by Alexstrasza, his general. She smiled in her way that demanded to know everything. "It begins. Send the bulk of our forces to Grimmfell's forests. And the most talented spies and diplomat with me. Thank you, Alex."

The draconic fey grinned viciously. "Good. And then we will bring order to this world. And destroy all who oppose it. Even-"

"Yes. Hush. Even among us there might be spies. But yes. Once Queen Ashourina has the world in her hands, and Law is absolute, things will be different, and during that time we will bring total order to this world. And with someone as powerful and paranoid as Ashourina on the throne, the reign will be without end. It will be a grand day, and then a grand eternity. Marshall the troops, and go with them. Should we need you in combat, I expect to see you there. Dismissed, Alexstrasza."

The LeShay had slowly let her grin wane, but it returned in full force and she nodded slightly before teleporting away to begin her part to play.

It was then at last that he made it to the palace and walked up to the woman who was second to him only by Ashourina, Rose, the Queen of the Fey. He had spoken long with her of his plans, and today he was pleased to inform her that it was all finally being put into motion. She would lead the Fey he left behind, and would use whatever resources not spent on the various wars they would have to keep order within his domain; Grar foremost, but legions of undead and even a few still living Fey would serve to protect the forest should it come under attack.

Velduvian doubted any would attack the forest, though, as it posed no threat to anyone alone. Regardless, he had to be sure.

With his meetings concluded, he awaited the small army of his diplomats and led them to Grimmfell's forest. Once there, he took on the appearance of a wizened old hermit and approached the fortress walls.

14. - Top - End - #44

The gloom turned an eyeless gaze to the fallen angel. He did not trust her -- how could he when she had betrayed all of Celestia and her very creators? But neither had he witnessed any treasonous behavior from her. And in all honesty, he didn't trust anyone.

After listening to Izolas and Iskar, he spoke.

"I kill nothing by accident."

He took another step and his form began to dissolve into the shadows.

"Nevertheless, keep your servants far from the Saint."

And with that, he was gone.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Unlike the most of the others, Stonebiter has no preparations to make, no armies to rally, other than choosing a plan of attack. He will begin near (a few miles) the keep, looking for settlements or patrols to prey upon first. He begins flying toward his destination.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "While an additional garrison would prove most useful, it would only delay the inevitable. Unless we can find other allies, we will eventually overwhelm us. Saint Sal'Veen has a number of boats, and recommends that you evacuate the civilian population of Grimfell, along with as many material goods as possible, leaving your soldiers to protect them, before eventually evacuating them as well. Sal'Veen and his followers, and any other warrior who wishes to stay, remaining to cover our retreat. Hopefully, we'd be able to hold off long enough for aid to be sent. A nation's displacement is not ignorable, unlike, it seems, Sal'Veen's wisdom is." He finishes bitterly.

"However, you mentioned that your liege is seeking allies in the mountains, and an evacuation would be a great hardship on Grimfell's people. If allies can be found, I would advise that we march against this threat and strike before they are ready."
    Spoiler: rweird - Lucius
    Show

Lucius cocked his head slightly to the left. "Strike? Strike where? Our scouts have been unable to locate the threat's stronghold. It could lie anywhere in the mountains... and we have many mountains here. Unless Sal'veen has some insight we're unaware of, I won't send my King's troops down a blind alley.

"And as for our people, I can assure you, they are quite safe here. This fortress has stood strong in the face of aggression since before Grimmfell was even declared a recognized domain. It's walls have never been breached; they are as strong as the mountain itself and reinforced with metal. It has arcane countermeasures that have been tested by archmages all the way from Onara. Countless armies have tried and failed... this city has never, and will never, be taken."

This was, of course, a lie, but nonetheless, he put much emphasis and confidence behind his words... to sound convincing. The knights behind him, invigorated, clashed their gauntlets against their breastplates.

Bluff
    (1d20+13)[22]
    Aid
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[17]

Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-11-05 at 08:54 AM.

Extended Sig.

Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Cordelia
    Show
    Just as Lucius finished, there was a flash of red emanating from the center of the bridge, behind the envoys. The shape of a fiendish, winged creature had manifested itself into material form... the form of a green dragon... and it's rider.

This was Cordelia, not that the envoys had any way of knowing. She had expected them to visit, and it was a pleasant suprise they chose now. Coldly she gazed at Sal'veen's emissaries, then at Grimmfell's "Caretaker" with his escort of knightly guards.

She then looked upon the mighty gates of the city's wall. "The Great Fortress of Grimmfell," she said, dismounting her dragon. "...Doesn't look like much to me."

Lucius did his best to feign ignorance. "Erm... Here now! Who goes there?!"

The knight guards stanced, uneasily.

Bluff(1d20+13)[25]
    Aid
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[19]
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[11]

Cordelia responded with silence at first, letting tensions rise. She looked to Lucius and spoke with power. "I am the Lady of the Black Rose."

Lucius, having no frame of reference to this alias, was genuine in his ignorance this time. "...I'm sorry, who?"

She turned her attention to the emmisaries. "I speak for Ashourina, the Immortal Queen of the Mountains of Ashourizar."

Extended Sig.

Show

18. - Top - End - #48

"Delightfully chatty person, that Stilltongue," comes her cohort's thought into Izolas' head.

Izolas graces him with a smile and turns to face Ashourina. "As you wish, my queen. I take your leave to further your vision."

With a kneeling bow and swoosh of wings, she turns to leave, already beginning to plan with her cohort.

"Well, we have no small amount of planning and scheming to do, and we'd best be about it.

"Our man of many faces will need to head over to Sal'Veen's fortress area. Our lusty lady, too.

"We'll need to organize with Velduvian about our approach to Sal'Veen ....."

Their talking fades out as they leave the chamber. When they exit to the top of the massive ziggurat, they both take to the skies, Izolas with a glorious flash of wings and Iskar Jarak with a calm rising through the air.

19. - Top - End - #49

Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is contingent on Cordelia not appearing:

"We don't know its location... yet, however it should not be difficult to find, if we could muster a force large enough to challenge this evil.

"While your fortress may have had yet to fall, can you fit every man, woman, and child in Grimfell? If so, how long could you feed them? Undead are relentless, and have time on their side, hiding behind your walls might allow you to live until age takes you, but you would have no kingdom, all your subjects slaughtered beyond your walls, then to rise against you as abominable undead. Hold Grimfell to the last, but don't let your subjects be slaughtered by your foolishness."

20. - Top - End - #50

Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The emissaries turn, one reaches for a bow, a glowing arrow of force materializing on the string. The goliath and other young man remount reaching for their lances, the old man turns, his hand, trembling with age, touches the hilt of his sword, but motions of the others to lower their weapons, if just for the moment.

"I am Lawrence Trent." Replies the old man coldly. "Envoy of Saint Sal'Veen, may I inquire as to your name and business her?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The emissaries turn, one reaches for a bow, a glowing arrow of force materializing on the string. The goliath and other young man remount reaching for their lances, the old man turns, his hand, trembling with age, touches the hilt of his sword, but motions of the others to lower their weapons, if just for the moment.

"I am Lawrence Trent." Replies the old man coldly. "Envoy of Saint Sal'Veen, may I inquire as to your name and business here?"
    Spoiler: rweird - Cordelia
    Show
    She brought her attention to Lawrence. "I believe I've already given you my identity. If you feel it's convenient to do so you might be better off addressing me as 'Milady' for the duration of this encounter.

"As for why I'm here..." She needed to do more than keep her secret. She needed to present herself as a force to be reckoned with. She wanted to introduce herself... not with simple names, but with exploits to back them. These envoys needed to properly warn Sal'Venn of her coming.

She turned her attention to Lucius. "I bring grave tidings," she continued, "to the Kingdom of Grimmfell.
    "His Majesty, King Titus II, the Lion of Grimmfell, has fallen.
    "I killed him, in fair combat."

Lucius stiffened. He needed to react with something, and quickly. "YOU LIE!"

But it wasn't a lie. She indeed killed the king. It could not have happened any other way. She simply did not reveal when.

She switched her attention back to Lawrence Trent and approached slowly, until they were close enough to look into each other's eyes clearly. "You seem like a wizened, experienced man, " she said.

"Tell me... do I lie?"

Extended Sig.

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Only a coward or a trickster hides behind a title, Milady." He says, stressing the last word. "I cannot say, you bring no evidence of it but words from a nameless stranger. Lucius seems to believe you, despite what he says. Did you know of this duel before Milady's return?" He asks Lucius.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: rweird - Cordelia
    Show
    Lucius looked at Lawrence. "...What are you..."

Cordelia smiled. "Wiser than you appear, it seems. But believe me: I do not hide behind falsehoods. My name was bestowed onto me by the Queen herself, and the woman I once was has been cast aside. To give you the name I once had... that would be the lie, for she died some time ago.

"And yes. I speak the truth about about King Titus. You have my word, as a Knight of the Immortal Queen's Court. And if that is not enough for you... well. It seems I cannot help you there. You'll just have to take it on faith."

She turned her back to Lawrence. "Hmm... It's funny you should bring up Sal'Veen. I was just thinking of him on the way here... from what I understand, he and Titus once fought side by side... they must have been close. It would be a shame if he never learned of his friend's demise..."

She looked back at them. Eyes darkened. "Say, you will tell him I'm coming, won't you? I'd rather not be rude and show up unexpected."

Extended Sig.

Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of Character: They couldn't have been very close friends, or else Sal'Veen would have came and visited personally earlier numerous times and have already learned of the fall of Grimfell.

"In my experience, names do not begin with 'the.' Still, cowards are not turned to courage by shame, and tricksters feel it not for deceit. Nevertheless, you have my word that I will inform Saint Sal'Veen of this upon my return. Such a loss would undoubtably pain him, I could not say you would have a warm welcome. While Sal'Veen would certainly speak with you, if you have a message to deliver, you can tell us, and we would convey it to him."

25. - Top - End - #55

Stilltongue:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trees have been cleared from around the fortress to a distance of about 2000 feet. You can vaguely make out the men on the walls, and occasionally, the shape of a gold dragon rises from behind the wall, although from this distance, you cannot make out any details. There do not seem to be any current patrols outside of the fortress.

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You come across a tribe of orcs sleeping in a hollow in the forest, a band of elves are sneaking towards them through the trees.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Stonebiter will sneak behind the elves, and assuming they are indeed going to attack the orcs, he will wait until just before they are ready to attack, and then roar (alerting the orcs) and attack the elves from the rear.

Spoiler
    Show

Move silently (1d20+53)[54]
    Hide (1d20+53)[62]

27. - Top - End - #57

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The elves sneak into position, not noticing their impending doom sneaking up from behind.

OoC: We can do the battle if you want, although they really have no way to hurt you or escape, so if you want to just describe how you kill them (unless you spare any), or just skip the battle, that'd work too.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Stonebiter

Spoiler
    Show
    Having left only 2-3 elf survivors who didn't get too of a look at him, Stonebiter turns to the Orcs, and tries common, "I would have words with your leader." He will say the same telepathically if none of them show signs of understanding common.

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler: Stilltongue's actions
    Show
    Stilltongue will fly up if necessary to get a good vantage point to observe the fortress (still sneaking via hide in plain sight). If it's distance that is the issue, he will approach within 1,000 feet, searching for magical traps along the way (65 if taking 10). If there's simply nothing to see, then he will stay put. In any case, he is going to wait until Aldik relays him the results of his metafaculty (should we just assume that this happens?).

Note: Even creatures with extra-sensory abilities like blindsight will need to make a listen check to notice him.

Relevant effects: Greater invisibility, hide in plain sight, quiescence, mindblank, nondetection (CL 33)
    Last edited by ValarMorgulis; 2015-11-06 at 09:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Stonebiter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A rather sleepy orc gets up, still looking surprised. "I'm the leader." she says, looking at the elves torn up in the trees above. "Who are you?"

Stilltongue:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The time streams are getting rather messed up now. Izolas, Velduvian and Cordelia both may pay a visit before Aldik finishes his casting. In fact, Izolas, and Velduvian if teleporting, would probably already be there when you arrive unless they wait some time before leaving.

While you can get a decent vantage point, thousands of feet away is kind of too far away to make out much detail. The fortress is well-built from stone, and manned by warriors, but there really is nothing exceptional besides the dragon within noticeable from a thousand feet away.