Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [IC] I6 - Ravenloft

To a party of seasoned adventurers such as yourselves, this is but another dull tavern in another dull town in some nameless province. It is but another passage of time between the challenges of true adventuring. Such is the doldrum of existence waiting for another opportunity.
    Outside the inn, a fog lies over the town this evening, draping everything in its clammy grasp. The damp cobbled street shines as the light of street lanterns dances across the slick stones. The cold fog chills the bones and shivers the soul of anyone outside.
    Yet inside these tavern walls the food is hearty and the ale is warm and frothy. A fire blazes in the hearth and the tavern is alive with the tumbling voices of country folk.
    Last edited by jkat718; 2015-11-04 at 05:51 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Current Live Game: Defenders of Stormfast, "A Brave New World of Adventure" Obsidian Portal
    Current PbP Game: 5th Edition low-level game IC OOC Tracker Map
    Current PbP Game: I6 - Ravenloft IC OOC

Full Signature
    I often post from mobile, so feel free to correct any typos.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] I6 - Ravenloft

Warthog did miss it when he wasn't out making himself useful killing orcs or squashing goblins and kobolds. He loved battle and thanked Moradin that he was still alive, even after all the battles. Of course, it helps that his men were some of the bastards to blame for him being still alive, but deep down he loved every one of them.

And the cold, foggy night crept by, Warthog kept busy by drinking ale and challenging all who dared to a drinking contest. "A gold to any man who might be bestin' me at drinkin' the grog! I dare ye!" With the, Warthog threw down an ale with lightning fast speed, sliding the empty down the bar to the bartender. "Another!" Warthog slapped the shoulder of his dwarven companion, Ander, and let out a loud, boisterous laugh, "What ya think, Ander? Any o' these men seem able to do it?" Ander was much stranger than any dwarf he'd run into, but they seemed to get along alright. I mean, he was a dwarf so that meant Warthog had a connection with him. Other races didn't understand the dwarven connection.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:
    The Godkiller - OOC - Map

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Ha! I've yet to meet a man who can best you, Warthog! Ander crows, throwing back an ale of his own. Bartender! Some meat to go along with my ale-and I'll know if it's not done right. In fact, he says, standing up, I think I might just cook the meat myself. Now, no offense to your cooking, my good man, but simple fact-I'm better.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by AsteriskAmp, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Sitting near the fire, in full armor as he rarely let his guard down, a tall, silver-haired man stared at the flames while swirling the wine in his mug. Anyone who saw his eyes wouldn't be able to tell if he was focused on something in particular or drifting in thought since he had no irises or pupils to give anything away, just solid white. His shield hung by its handles on the back of his chair and his pack leaned against the leg of the table next to him while his helmet sat atop the table. He showed no signs of being interested in socializing but did look over occasionally as some very boisterous Dwarves near by would be exceptionally loud. He seemed to be waiting for something, or someone.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sebastian looked around for his friend and noticed a seat next to him near the fire where he could warm the chill off from the night and the dampness from his clothes, Damn these fog filled nights here, he thought, They make my old bones ache.

Watching the rest of the people in the Tavern the dwarves antics brought a rare smile to his face, their enthusiasm was usually infectious, but not tonight, something felt wrong. This was his usual meeting with Jack, ostensibly it was to exchange monster hunting leads but more likely it was to make sure he hadn't gotten Amy killed yet. They both allowed the veil to remain un-pierced in that regard.

Settling in, he waved over a serving girl and ordered a warm spiced mead for himself and nodded to Amy to order what she wanted. In gruff tones, his voiced ragged from disuse and the ravages he'd been through, "I'll have a spiced mead, warmed and get her what she wants. Greetings old friend, I see you appear no worse for wear from your battles."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2015-11-05 at 07:38 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jack looks up from the fire and focuses on his occasional companion. Hello, Zane. Yes, I'm maintaining my health. If only you could manage as well, yourself. I heard you had a great deal of trouble finding that Hag in the Evermoors. He motions for another mug of wine before looking at Amy. Hello, Amy. How are you? Is this ruffian keeping you out of danger as he should?
    Last edited by snowman87; 2015-11-05 at 02:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sebastian winced at the memories of the hag, the scars and bad memories, still fresh. A grunt was his only response. Nodding in acknowledgement though "Indeed, but dead is dead, she'll trouble those people no more."

He leaned back and took the room in again, watching the people move about their business.
    I like the globe warm...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Warthog let out a great laugh as his dwarven brother goes back into the kitchen to start cooking his own meal. "Don't be takin' no offense, he just like to be cookin' his own meals. He loves it!" Warthog gathers his next ale and look as an odd looking man walked in with a girl who seemed dressed for combat but Warthog could surely look at her straight in the eyes without even standing on his tippy-toes. They went and sat down with the character in the corner that Warthog has had his eyes on as well. He wasn't quite sure what was going on, but something interesting sure was happening. Hmm, wonder if they be needin' another fer that party over there?

Warthog gets up from the bar and wanders over to the group, "Greetings! I can't help but notice you all be some of the adventurin' type! Well, just so happens I be one as well and I am lookin' fer something to do, or some people to help. You can only drink ale for so long before you get the itch of combat. Warthog Hammersmith is my name, the Orcbowler they call me, Sargent in the dwarven army. Who might I be havin' the pleasure of meetin'?" Warthog acts a bit drunker than he actually is at the moment. Something in the air tells him that something is amiss. He doesn't know what, but there is a strange vibe in the air.....

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

9. - Top - End - #9

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by snowman87 View Post
    Jack looks up from the fire and focuses on his occasional companion. Hello, Zane. Yes, I'm maintaining my health. If only you could manage as well, yourself. I heard you had a great deal of trouble finding that Hag in the Evermoors. He motions for another mug of wine before looking at Amy. Hello, Amy. How are you? Is this ruffian keeping you out of danger as he should?
    Her head angled down slightly and her eyes looking up, Amy is embarrassed but happy to be included at all and answers, "It's been k-kind of tough...

She notices a slight look of concern in Jack's face when she starts and her voice becomes more nervous but forceful as she continues.
    but I can h-handle it."

She has grown immensely since her rescue. For one thing, you're still a bit surprised to her hear voice instead of her just nodding. How many months has it been now?

Jack and Zane may make an Insight check against a DC of (1d20+4)[11] to notice her hiding something.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

d6 Re: [IC] I6 - Ravenloft

Insight check
    (1d20+3)[22]

Sebastian knows she's hiding something and locks eyes with her, eyebrows raising slightly, just before the dwarf presents himself and saves her from answering him.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2015-11-05 at 10:30 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Ander barges out of the kitchen, carrying several plates stacked high with meat. Got some gurb for you too, Warthog! he says. Don' worry, barkeep-I'll pay for it all soon as I set the plates down.

With that, he drops the plates in front of Warthog and his new company. So who are you lot? he says, digging his coinpurse out and tossing some silver pieces in the direction of the barkeeper.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Unused to people just coming up to him with a cordial greeting as he was Sebastian was struck quiet for the moment, not that quiet was an unusual state for him. His reputation generally preceded him, ghost killer, witch hunter, eater of children, all the more usual greetings he got, often times with drinks or worse thrown at him.
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Insight
    Show
    (1D20+7)[9]

Jack nods at her speaking up before giving a brief glare at Zane. At the introduction of Warthog he straightens indignantly for a moment for the uninvited intrusion but then softens his stance and is about to return the introduction when another Dwarf shows up and drops plates of food onto the table. Jack grabs his cup of wine out of the way of the culinary meteors raining down before it gets spilled. If you wish to join us, I have no protests. But please mind the drinks. My name is Jack Lantern, cleric of Helm. These are my associates, Mr. Zane Shadowend and Ms. Amy. He lookis at the food and his expression tells that he does find the aroma tempting.
    Last edited by snowman87; 2015-11-05 at 02:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sebastian shrugs at the cleric as if to say, "I don't know these guys, do you?" Missing the intent of the glare, or so it seemed...
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

As Warthog waits for the others to introduce themselves, he takes a leg of mutton and starts munching on it. He looks to Amy, "Do ya want some, love? There's plenty to go 'round and it looks like ye need some meat on your bones!" Warthog gives a chuckle and pushes a small plate of meat to the girl, then gestures to the others to take some as well.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Regaining his composure Sebastian introduces himself "Greetings and well met Master Hammersmith, your reputation precedes you and I consider it an honor to meet you. We have no immediate adventures to set our sights upon though one never knows what the night will bring, and for some reason I think it's bringing something to us. Please, you and your wife join us, have a seat." His companions that know him better will likely blink in surprise at the sheer volume of words he used at one time.

Spoiler
    Show
    If that slight/insult from Sebastian causes any animosity amongst us as players I will certainly change things up! Please let me know.
    I like the globe warm...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Warthog snaps his head to the man speaking and blinks a couple of times. He then erupts in laughter and smacks the man on the back, probably a bit harder than he was expecting, "Ack, aye. She ain't much to look at, but a better cook there isn't!" He smacks Ander on the shoulder as well as howls with laughter again. Warthog takes a deep gulp of his ale, and throws his hand up for a refill.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2015-11-05 at 11:12 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Warthog finds the Sebastian a bit more solid than he expected though the blow still is felt deep, especially since it happened to be right on the wound the hag had given him, wincing he takes it in stride, glad the dwarf took no offense to the remark.

Amy and Jack will likely notice the wince and then a very rare smile play across Sebastian's face. He slides a plate over and begins eating, finding the food to be outstanding!
    I like the globe warm...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Ander looks at the man who dared insult him, his eyes aflame with murder. After maintaining the stare for just long enough to make the other man sweat, he breaks out into gales of laughter. You're the first man I've met who dared insult me like that! Ha-ha-ha! he roars out, clapping him on the back. I don' know whether to slap you 'cross the face or give you a hug, my lad, so I might as well do both! he continues, his voice still booming, then slaps Sebastion before grabbing the man in a friendly bear hug. Ah, haven't had a laugh that good in a long while, he finishes, releasing him.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Something flares behind the Witch Hunters eyes at the slap that makes the dwarf momentarily uneasy, as if he may have stepped too far, but he hasn't, and it quickly fades, the mood lightening already. "My thanks for the food good dwarf, what do I owe you for it? And what name have your ancestors hung upon you, if I may ask?"
    I like the globe warm...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Warthog chuckles at Ander goes about dwarf-handling the man, "Now now, Ander, don't be handlin' the humans as ye would a dwarf. They are a might bit squishier!" Warthog waits for Ander to introduce himself before asking his question. "What be your name, funny man? You've an odd look about ye I can't quite place."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Ander, not noticing the momentary flash of anger, says Nothing more than a hearty laugh, which you've already graced on me! And the name's Ander Hornraven-son of Alton Hornraven, and former chief of the Black Mountain Orcs!

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well met, and as Master Lantern there mentioned earlier, I am Zane Shadowend. As to the odd look, well, I get that a lot."
    I like the globe warm...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing Zane's name again makes Warthog stop chewing for a moment and gives him a once over. Then something seems to spark in his eyes and he smiles. "OOhhhhh, you be that Witchhunter lad that be making a name for yerself. I be hearin' of ya before. If you be he, then I'll go where yer goin'. Can't be borin' to be around you!" Warthog lets out another laugh, and guzzles down some more ale, "Well met to the other two of ye, and a big hello from me man Moradin. Helm be worshipped back home as well some, though not as much as Moradin or Torm or Tempus. We be likin' our fightin'." Warthog ends with a wink at Jack and goes back to eating his mutton, almost finishing it off.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

25. - Top - End - #25

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Insight check
    [roll0]

Sebastian knows she's hiding something and locks eyes with her, eyebrows raising slightly, just before the dwarf presents himself and saves her from answering him.
    Amy didn't actually get to order any food. When the waiter/waitress finally asked her, a small fight broke out and the waiter was distracted enough to follow-up. She hasn't mentioned it once and looks a bit sad.

Except never mind because somebody already solved the puzzle before I even gave the question. Speaking of which.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Musician View Post
    As Warthog waits for the others to introduce themselves, he takes a leg of mutton and starts munching on it. He looks to Amy, "Do ya want some, love? There's plenty to go 'round and it looks like ye need some meat on your bones!" Warthog gives a chuckle and pushes a small plate of meat to the girl, then gestures to the others to take some as well.
    Amy is flustered by the dwarf. She was intimidated by the extroverted, bearded warrior - she had never met him and people giving her things was new. But she was so hungry and Zane's expressions indicated it was quite tasty.

"T-thank you," barely escaped her mouth before she began happily but slowly munching on the food the Orcbowler had placed before her.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, that's what I love to see! Ander says, turning to face Amy. See that happy face? None of your orc-bowling does that for anyone but you, Warthog. I bring smiles to all the little boys and girls! If eyes be the window to the soul, then food be the door. he says, repeating a phrase he learned well as a chef.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Appreciative that the dwarves would be seen with him, Sebastian nods his approval, using the excuse of eating to fall back into his quieter self. He keeps and eye on Amy, looking for clues or signs of what she didn't get to say to him.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2015-11-05 at 12:31 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Well met, Sir Orcbowler and Sir Hornraven. Can I offer you a cup of wine?" Jack nods approvingly at Amy eating heartily. "Fighting may be Helm's forte but I do it out of duty, myself. So, Zane, what is this feeling you have about something that is about to happen?"
    Last edited by snowman87; 2015-11-05 at 02:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Warthog smiles as Amy reaches for some food, "The more the merrier, wee one." Then he lets out a laugh as Ander rambles on, "Ach, tis true enough, Ander. Food makes everyone smile. But bowlin' orcs over makes 'em laugh. Just you wait, wee Amy, until you see an orc go head-over-heals after a bowlin' I be givin' em. You'll hafta hold yer sides you'll be laughin' so hard!" Warthog pats his stomach as he reaches for some more of the great bounty before them.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"It's more unease than anything, like something powerful is moving in the dark, watching...." his voice trails off and he shrugs. Since joining the order he had learned to trust these feelings though their warnings tended to be a little like a cat looking at a moth you could not see. You never knew just how bad the threat was until you saw it for yourself.
    I like the globe warm...