New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 mutliplayer GMR 14 On the Euro

Something seems to have gone wrong, as I got the notification it was my turn twice and now I can't download the save. I'm gonna revert.

Edit: And it seems like reverting isn't working either... Time for some Host magic, perhaps?
    Last edited by OrcusMcP; 2016-05-02 at 12:03 PM.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Something seems to have gone wrong, as I got the notification it was my turn twice and now I can't download the save. I'm gonna revert.

Edit: And it seems like reverting isn't working either... Time for some Host magic, perhaps?
    Should be reverted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #273

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Should be reverted.
    Success, everything went properly. Thank you!

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

4. - Top - End - #274

Success, everything went properly. Thank you!
    I am best host.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators: Turn 50 update
    Show
    The still meager holdings of the Polish people

Warsaw: Losing the Great Library by one turn and having to train archers to get rid of a nearby barbarian infestation has left me with little time for expansion, but I can finally start making settlers.

The state of the Polish people

Demographics: Terrible scores, as shown here and on the scoreboard, mostly due to having only the one city so far.
    Technology: I don't really have a plan here, but I think I'll go from Sailing to Optics next and try to explore the ocean to the north.
    Policies: After finishing up Tradition, I'm not sure which tree to open next. Since there's a lot of space for barbarians to crawl out of, perhaps a couple tenets of Honor is in order.

So far, Poland has had a weak start, and I have no clear plan on how to develop from here. [I might not mind getting taken over this time, actually, unlike in that previous game where I had a much better starting position but no chance to grow before LOL ZERG RUSH.]

6. - Top - End - #276

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

The Prophets say that another race of men has entered the classical era.

King Ramkhamhaeng declares a operation murder the orcs that are where I want to settle the city.

The operation is going on.

Here we see the acculmated knowledge of all our people's lives.

Maps of our capital, of course.

And our secondary city.

Our government has undertaken no major changes since last time.

The Prophets proclaim that we are best and worst in nothing.

7. - Top - End - #277

So. After Ryuho's hypocriticalness in 12 I'm going to need to be convinced to not drop out and let/make Orcus host.

8. - Top - End - #278

After calming down, and speaking to other players.

While relations have permanently soured with the Poland empire. I'll stay in.

9. - Top - End - #279

[I'm retiring as leader of Poland because I'd rather not be a toxic influence on this game.]

Spoiler: Instructions for anyone taking up the mantle of Casimir
    Show
    I leave this game without a clear plan. My current goals were to settle a city by the lake in the south and another along the coastline to the north in order to facilitate exploration of the ocean. There are also two archers dealing with a barbarian camp to the south, another scout-turned-archer exploring to the northeast, and a scout in danger from a barbarian hand-axe.

10. - Top - End - #280

If I wanted you to drop I'd have kicked you.

Please come back.

11. - Top - End - #281

[(maybe this won't come across the way I mean it, but...)

Sorry, but if my actions as a player or as an incensed Pacal from GMR 13 are going to follow me around from game to game, I think it is best for everyone that I step back, because having that color the diplomatic landscape is not fair to me, to the civilizations I'm playing, or, I believe, to anyone else.

I stand by my decision.]

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    [(maybe this won't come across the way I mean it, but...)

Sorry, but if my actions as a player or as an incensed Pacal from GMR 13 are going to follow me around from game to game, I think it is best for everyone that I step back, because having that color the diplomatic landscape is not fair to me, to the civilizations I'm playing, or, I believe, to anyone else.

I stand by my decision.]
    Okay then. I'm dropping from all the GMR games then.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I, seem to have picked an interesting time to return to the forums.

Anyway, on with the update.

Spoiler: To Morocco
    Show

Most Esteemed Caliph,

No doubt you and your people have become aware that the deserts between our lands seem to teeming with barbarians. In fact, the dunes seem to be home to rather a lot of ravening tribes who seem only to be interested in violence. In the interests of trying to minimise the damage they inflict, both I and the Carthaginian Senate would like to propose that our two nations share intelligence, and co-operate in trying to keep these brutes contained, with a view to making these lands safe for both our people.

Dido, Suffet of Carthage

Spoiler: To Egypt
    Show

Most Esteemed Pharaoh,
    Our scouts have spotted a large number of barbarians massing to the Southwest of your lands. While most may be raiding the city states, some may also be heading in your direction.

Dido, Suffet of Carthage

Spoiler: For Spectators
    Show

Map of the Carthaginian lands

Current policies

14. - Top - End - #284
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: To Carthage
    Show
    Yes, there's a slight issue with barbarians that I may have noticed. I shall share this map with you that has the locations of all the barbarian camps I am aware of. I'll endeavour to do my best to deal with this menace, but it may take some time (and has already delayed my settlement of additional cities).

15. - Top - End - #285

Hey all, I am out of town for the weekend, could the timer be extended/turned off until Monday evening?

16. - Top - End - #286

I'm fine with a timer extension, but I'm not the host so I can't actually do it.

Also, it is sad to see players dropping. I have no idea how both parties dropping would ever make sense, but it is a damn shame. It's been a pleasure playing with both of you, I hope to see you again in games in the future.

Spoiler: Mr Silver
    Show

Egypt thanks you for the warning. We shall immediately send our armies to eradicate this menace!
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: To Morocco
    Show

Well, that is considerably more of the brutes than my scouts had led me to expect. My troops have razed the camp south of Monaco, so that should at least slow the tide somewhat. I can try to convince the senate to send some spare forces further west, which might be able to take some of the pressure off your own borders, but given the distance involved it may take some time before they are in position.

Spoiler: To Egypt
    Show

Think nothing of it, good Pharaoh. The barbarians are a menace to us all, and if any of our desert nations are to prosper these brutes will need to kept in check.

18. - Top - End - #288

Hey all, I am out of town for the weekend, could the timer be extended/turned off until Monday evening?
    Gonna revert a couple times for you, unless the host pauses/extends the timer and it's not necessary.

19. - Top - End - #289

Narkis is asking me to come back. Do other players share his sentiment.

Be aware, I have read spoilers.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Narkis is asking me to come back. Do other players share his sentiment.

Be aware, I have read spoilers.
    I can confirm I've asked Ilven to come back. (As I've asked Ryuho, but that's irrelevant at the moment) I believe it'd be best if we put the whole thing behind us and continued the game with a full complement of players. Ideally the original ones if they want to come back, else replacements if they don't.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

I am in favor of having real people in place of AI, don't mind Illven (or Ryohu) specifically, and don't think that spoilers are likely to contain anything too sensitive at this stage of the game.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #292

As before, I'm always in favor of human players over AI, and if it's your original land even better.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I am completely fine with both of you coming back into the game. It's early enough that having read spoilers really doesn't do anything either I would think.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

24. - Top - End - #294

Hey Orcus, you back yet? I've kept up the reverts as the host didn't pause the timer and nobody seemed to complain when I said I'd revert, but it's been a few more days than I expected.

Also the host should send a reinvite for Illven? I've only seen support for bringing players back.

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Hey Orcus, you back yet? I've kept up the reverts as the host didn't pause the timer and nobody seemed to complain when I said I'd revert, but it's been a few more days than I expected.

Also the host should send a reinvite for Illven? I've only seen support for bringing players back.
    Yes, I'm back, sorry, but I saw that the round had passed way beyond me, so I assumed I would catch it the next time.

26. - Top - End - #296

Well, gonna do it one more time for you, I don't like missing turns so I'm not bothered by one last revert to keep you from getting skipped.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Well, gonna do it one more time for you, I don't like missing turns so I'm not bothered by one last revert to keep you from getting skipped.
    Awesome sauce, I played the turn.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

So I have a problem taking my turn. Every time I try, it has me try to log in as Datsmore's French people instead of my Iroquois.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

I've seen this before, it's due to lag when uploading the save. GMR sometimes gets confused and skips the next player. You should revert the turn and it'll get fixed when you play again.

Also, we're still missing two players. Ilven has agreed to come back, but he was the original host so we need whoever's the new one to send him an invite link.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Also, we're still missing two players. Ilven has agreed to come back, but he was the original host so we need whoever's the new one to send him an invite link.
    Looks like Dada is current host? It says Egypt anyhow.