1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Civ 5 mutliplayer GMR 14 On the Euro

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    And we have photobucket again!

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

The prophets tell us, that they believe an unknown civilization has reached something they call the medieval era.

Si Satchanalai makes notes of the orc savages in boats, almost managing to sink the ship with our civilian defense force.

Lampung starts having demands for a thing that does not exist. What motivates the people to provide their leader with impossible demands?

Muang Saluang's defense force reports no problems at least.

Nor does our glorious palace guard.

Our great builder, waits for when he is called.

Our workforce continues improving the land, at the behest of our glorious leader.

And the orc ship has been sunk!

And we start trying to remove one camp of the orcs.

Having finished the study of horseback riding, our glorious leader starts working on a standardized trading unit so as to reduce the time of barter.

Here we see the glorious city that repelled the orc invaders.

Muang starts work on a circus to keep our civilians entertained.

Lampung does similar, working on a coliseum, so our citizens don't feel dread about being the only sentient people in the world.

Here we see, the government of the Siam people. A master of tradition, and with freed citizens underneath the ruling class.

The prophets say we have the best harvest, and are the worst at nothing.

So it's past turn 50. It's time to discuss my starting area and such. Being completely isolated has it's benefits and drawbacks. The benefits practically no need for a military. Right now I don't have hostile neighbors, I know a player is not going to attack me at least until they find me, this frees up my production for other things. The downside. My techs are more expensive then other players, because every other player that you know that has a tech decreases the cost of your techs by about 5%. I'm getting no free beakers from my total isolation.
    Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Plus internal trade routes can't produce gold, strangely enough. Your income is quite low, I noticed. Maybe teching to Astronomy to get some caravels so you can find other people before they find you? You could be like the Collectors from ME2—mysterious and sinister traders coming from an unknown home base.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza!
    Show

The sages tell us that they believe an army of stone men have been given life in some far off land.

They say that another civilization that we have never met has entered the medieval era.

They also say that our faith is weak, and that our people must head forward without the gods.

The orcs attempt another invasion of our land.

Lampung's defense force reports no problems.

Muang Saluang's defense force reports no problems as well.

Our palace guard does nothing as well.

Our great engineer continues his eternal wait.

Si Satchanalai's defense force moves to protect our worker band from being enslaved by the orcs.

As our army takes the battle to the greenskins.

Here we see that our people have almost finished making a standardized unit of trade.

Here we see our glorious capital.

Maps of Si Satchanalai

Muang Saluang has almost finished a circus.

Lampung hammers away at a colosseum.

Our government has undertaken no change in form.

And we are best and worst in nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

The Iroquois did not shed enough blood for the gods to be sated. Byzantium shall have to bleed as well.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #364

And onto important news.

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

The sages tell our lord that a wondrous structure called the Chichen Itza was built in some foreign land.

The orcs invade our lands seeking only despair and ruin.

However Lampang reports no problems with orcs.

Our work band starts to work on farms.

As Si Satchanalai's guards attempt to remove the orcs.

Our palace guards report no problems.

Alexandre waits. He waits for his day of judgement.

Muang Saluang's guards also report no problems with the orcs.

Here we see our lord telling us the people, to work on our service for a civil society.

Maps of the capital.

Here we see Si Satchanalai working on a market place.

Muang Saluang works on areas for death matches!

As does Lampang.

Here we see our leader's forward thinking. Including a path to citizenship should any orc tire of their lives of raiding, or if we meet fellow nations.

The sages tell us we are best and worst in nothing.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Aztec
    Show
    One of our newer cities has begun to clamor for the fine Dyes produced by your people. We are prepared to trade the largest Pearls harvested in our sea and 50 Gold, paid over time, as compensation for a temporary diversion of your supply to Persia.

OOC: Happiness neutral trade, I need Dyes for the growth bonus on a city, hopefully one of your cities wants Pearls but I threw in the gold so you would be guaranteed to profit regardless.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Spoiler: Aztec
    Show
    One of our newer cities has begun to clamor for the fine Dyes produced by your people. We are prepared to trade the largest Pearls harvested in our sea and 50 Gold, paid over time, as compensation for a temporary diversion of your supply to Persia.

OOC: Happiness neutral trade, I need Dyes for the growth bonus on a city, hopefully one of your cities wants Pearls but I threw in the gold so you would be guaranteed to profit regardless.
    Spoiler: Persia:DodgerH2O
    Show
    This trade has the blessing of the gods. Our people do not care about pearls or dyes, but your gold is a most appreciated offering.

7. - Top - End - #367

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

The sages tell us, that a great wall has been built in a far away land. To deal with threats both orcish and human.

The orcs and their worgs circle the lands around Si Satchanalai, hunting for weakness.

But the Siamese people are not weak. And pick up stick and rock in defense of their home.

As our soldiers grow yet more experienced in the ways of combat.

Si Satchanalai's guard dispatch the orc menace. Ending what the people started.

The Palace guards report no problems with the Orc menace.

Alexandre waits for the day, our ruler calls him into service.

Muang Saluang's defense force reports no problems at the western end of the world.

Our work bands continue to improve lands around the palace.

Lampung's defense force has no problems in the southern edge of the world.

Having finished Civil service. Our leader commands us to form unions to protect and serve bodies of smiths and traders.

Here we see maps of the Palace, and the lands around it.

Si Satchanalai works on a ampitheater.

Muang Saluang works on a Colosseum to distract the people from their loneliness.

Has Lampung works on a stone works.

Our government has undertaken no change.

As the sages tell us we are best in harvests. Worse in nothing.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

War update:

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Been meaning to do this for a couple turns now; here we are.

This is the war in its entirety; there's only one front (I don't know if the Aztecs even know where my other cities are). They would probably not bother continuing if they took Constantinople. Of course, that's my capital, and probably a contender for best city in the game at the moment, so that would leave me pretty crippled.

Anyway. When the war started I had no garrison; my military (one warrior, a couple of archers, one dromon) was off exploring/disposing of barbarians elsewhere. No walls, either. Really bad starting position, I have a bad habit of neglecting my defenses when I don't have a specific reason to expect war... I've managed to recover enough to have a fighting chance, by now, though, thanks to 3 advantages:

1) Terrain. My capital is out near the end of a peninsula, meaning that the besieging force is bottlenecked.
    2) The Byzantine unique unit. Most civilizations at this stage wouldn't have access to a naval ranged unit; I do, and that means I can take full advantage of that bottleneck to bombard the attackers from offshore.
    3) High production. I have two cities capable of producing combat units every 1-2 turns (even with enemies blocking some of Constantinople's land resources).

It took the enemy a couple turns to start attacking properly - by that time I'd produced a chariot archer and gotten my one dromon back; those two plus the city can kill one enemy unit per turn if they focus fire. Then I went for walls. Then back to ships.

My first target was the Jaguar they sent in the first wave - it was the only melee unit I could see, and I was hoping they didn't have any others close by. No such luck; as you can see, there's a horseman present too, lurking just outside of my sight range but still close enough to attack. This is a good tactic on Narkis's part: horsemen are fragile, but if they can get the city down to 1 HP it doesn't really matter, any melee unit would be good enough, and the horseman is fast enough that it wouldn't have to endure my garrison's bombardment. I wouldn't have known this was coming if I hadn't landed that archer on the flank (it was one of the explorers I recalled when this started).

Now that I know it's coming, though, I think I can handle it. It'll take me 2 turns to finish building a pikeman, which outclasses anything the Aztecs have by quite a bit. The city is currently just under half health, and I don't think Narkis will be able to take it before that pikeman is done. Once that happens, the pikeman can crush that chariot archer effortlessly and block the horseman from getting to the city. His archers can probably kill it in 1-2 turns by focusing fire, but they won't be bombarding the city during that time, and I'll be building another pikeman in 2 turns, and at that point he'll be starting to run low on archers... I mean, it's possible that there are more reinforcements I can't see, but I think he'd have brought them in closer so that they can replace fallen archers without any delay. And even if I'm wrong about that, it won't be long before I have enough ships and archers hanging around to make this peninsula an impassable killing field.

So. One way or another, the war should be decided pretty soon.

This is my second city, which has been churning out dromons nonstop. They're faster-moving than ground units, so it only takes them a couple of turns to reach the battlefield. I would not have had a prayer of winning this fight if I didn't have these guys.

My third city is pretty new, and not up to military production yet. I'm not sure if the location is good, it's right next to snow tiles, but it does have access to a nice set of sea resources. Time will tell, I guess.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    War update:

Show
    Been meaning to do this for a couple turns now; here we are.

This is the war in its entirety; there's only one front (I don't know if the Aztecs even know where my other cities are). They would probably not bother continuing if they took Constantinople. Of course, that's my capital, and probably a contender for best city in the game at the moment, so that would leave me pretty crippled.

Anyway. When the war started I had no garrison; my military (one warrior, a couple of archers, one dromon) was off exploring/disposing of barbarians elsewhere. No walls, either. Really bad starting position, I have a bad habit of neglecting my defenses when I don't have a specific reason to expect war... I've managed to recover enough to have a fighting chance, by now, though, thanks to 3 advantages:

1) Terrain. My capital is out near the end of a peninsula, meaning that the besieging force is bottlenecked.
    2) The Byzantine unique unit. Most civilizations at this stage wouldn't have access to a naval ranged unit; I do, and that means I can take full advantage of that bottleneck to bombard the attackers from offshore.
    3) High production. I have two cities capable of producing combat units every 1-2 turns (even with enemies blocking some of Constantinople's land resources).

It took the enemy a couple turns to start attacking properly - by that time I'd produced a chariot archer and gotten my one dromon back; those two plus the city can kill one enemy unit per turn if they focus fire. Then I went for walls. Then back to ships.

My first target was the Jaguar they sent in the first wave - it was the only melee unit I could see, and I was hoping they didn't have any others close by. No such luck; as you can see, there's a horseman present too, lurking just outside of my sight range but still close enough to attack. This is a good tactic on Narkis's part: horsemen are fragile, but if they can get the city down to 1 HP it doesn't really matter, any melee unit would be good enough, and the horseman is fast enough that it wouldn't have to endure my garrison's bombardment. I wouldn't have known this was coming if I hadn't landed that archer on the flank (it was one of the explorers I recalled when this started).

Now that I know it's coming, though, I think I can handle it. It'll take me 2 turns to finish building a pikeman, which outclasses anything the Aztecs have by quite a bit. The city is currently just under half health, and I don't think Narkis will be able to take it before that pikeman is done. Once that happens, the pikeman can crush that chariot archer effortlessly and block the horseman from getting to the city. His archers can probably kill it in 1-2 turns by focusing fire, but they won't be bombarding the city during that time, and I'll be building another pikeman in 2 turns, and at that point he'll be starting to run low on archers... I mean, it's possible that there are more reinforcements I can't see, but I think he'd have brought them in closer so that they can replace fallen archers without any delay. And even if I'm wrong about that, it won't be long before I have enough ships and archers hanging around to make this peninsula an impassable killing field.

So. One way or another, the war should be decided pretty soon.

This is my second city, which has been churning out dromons nonstop. They're faster-moving than ground units, so it only takes them a couple of turns to reach the battlefield. I would not have had a prayer of winning this fight if I didn't have these guys.

My third city is pretty new, and not up to military production yet. I'm not sure if the location is good, it's right next to snow tiles, but it does have access to a nice set of sea resources. Time will tell, I guess.
    Spoiler: The Snark
    Show
    It would appear that you're really getting the authentic Byzantine experience, what with having your capital (on a peninsula, no less) besieged by numerically superior foes.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    Show
    It would appear that you're really getting the authentic Byzantine experience, what with having your capital (on a peninsula, no less) besieged by numerically superior foes.
    Show
    Seems so! Here's a mini-update, since I just took the next turn:

With impeccable timing, a friendly city-state decides to give me a horseman; I send him out to die in front of protect the city walls. Thanks, Belgrade!

My forces and the Aztecs are now evenly matched in numbers. The tide, I believe, has turned.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Byzantium
    Show
    The gods have drank their fill. Our war has been decided. It is now clear, Constantinople shall not fall by our hand. We admit defeat. What is the price for peace?

Could we get a timer extension until negotiations are concluded?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Aztecs
    Show
    If you return the laborers you captured, we will allow your men to depart without further bloodshed. A token payment of 1 GPT, to compensate for the damage to our lands, would not go amiss either.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2016-10-11 at 10:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Show
    That's way too little! He tried to take your capital. At least ask for a luxury or a real amount of gold.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    Show
    That's way too little! He tried to take your capital. At least ask for a luxury or a real amount of gold.
    Spoiler: Vox and other spectators
    Show
    Eh, I don't think he'll agree if I ask for a real concession; he doesn't need a peace treaty in order to retreat. Might take some more losses that way, but most of my military is ships, so once he gets away from the coast I can't harry his forces effectively.

I was expecting a white peace, honestly. My capital is safe, but I'm not in any position to make demands.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Spoiler: Aztecs
    Show
    If you return the laborers you captured, we will allow your men to depart without further bloodshed. A token payment of 1 GPT, to compensate for the damage to our lands, would not go amiss either.
    Show
    Your terms are fair. We accept. Our forces shall retreat, leaving your workers to be escorted back. We are unfortunately unable to pay GPT, so we have offered the equivalent lump sum payment. May this signal the last drop of blood spilt between our people.

16. - Top - End - #376

Show
    Greetings from the lands of Persia. It is good to meet another civilized people. Though your lands lie far to the north of ours we hope Byzantium will be amenable to an exchange of embassies for faster diplomatic communication.

Our scouts speak highly of the flesh and oil acquired from the large beasts in your northern seas. We anticipate a supply of fine Pearls will be found in the next several years and would gladly trade some for the products of these Whales once your people have a surplus.

OOC: I can't quite tell but it looks like your borders I've found are near another Whales tile as yet unclaimed. If you're interested I'll reserve the next Pearls I have in exchange for those Whales, that is if you don't have your own Pearl supply.

Spectators, I'm planning an update on Turn 100, so just a couple more turns. Sorry for the lack of updates

17. - Top - End - #377

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

As our population grows the scholars tell us that, the gods have smiled on one foreign land.

Lampang's guards report no problems with the orcs.

As our armies deal with the latest camp.

Our work bands continue improving the lands around the capital.

Si Satchanalai report no problems with the orcs.

The palace guards report no problems.

As Alexandre continues his wait.

Muang Saluang's guards report no problems.

Here we see what demands the king places for the people to learn.

Here we see maps of the palace and surrounding areas.

Maps of Si Satchanalai.

Muang Saluang continues work on it's library.

Lampang works on it's stoneworks.

Our government has changed no form since last time.

And the scholars say we are best at nothing, and worst in approval. Our king muttered under his breath about the people's unreasonable demands.

18. - Top - End - #378

Pictures?
    Spoiler: Hope This Works
    Show

A caravan is recruited and sets out to supply food to our new settlement.

Our archers continue their journey from the southwest back home.

Our spearman valiantly crushes some heathens, rescuing a captured worker.

Our worker's union gathers on their break.

Our trireme slaughters a shipful of heathens.

Our glorious leader demands another caravan be recruited in the capital.

We also begin production of another coliseum to bring joy to the people.

Our northern outpost begins work on a market to increase our prosperity.

Forgot to take a pic of my demographics, but I'm very happy that I finally got a not-negative happiness and gold production, which was my main focus for the past couple turns.
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

19. - Top - End - #379

Spoiler: Spectators: Turn 100 Update
    Show
    Persia's newest leader inherited a land primed for success. Though but one of many in the lands, the Persian empire has much to offer.

(http://imgur.com/1TcJN73)

As the year 800 dawns upon our empire, the first of a fleet of warships is built in our capital. The people are happy, and our sages predict an age of bounty within a few generations. Inspired by tales of valor, our armies will serve to expand Persia's reach during this coming Golden Age.

(http://imgur.com/qqu5keR)

Persia's Capital city may not be the most populated, but our quarries produce some of the finest stone in all the world. We have built a great pyramidal monument named Chichen Itza to celebrate the highest pinnacles of our history. In addition, a grand Mausoleum showcases the marble- and stonework skills of our masons. The nearby Persian Sea provides its own bounty in the form of plentiful seafood and massive pearls.

(http://imgur.com/FZiMBZN)

Alkali Rivers, a pleasant city situated near fertile hillside valleys and a deposit of precious Salt. Currently our only port on the great southern sea. A small but industrious culture of Writers is the hallmark of our southern city, and deposits of precious Iron nearby are Persia's only current source of the metal. Their smiths work to create the tools needed to pave a great road from our first two cities to our newest acquisitions...

(http://imgur.com/1IeJsiB)

Pearlsepolis, Persia's prized port. Also serves as a canal in case of sea access becoming blocked by the Hunnic barbarians. The isthmus on which the canal city stands is surrounded by the richest waters known to our peoples. Satisfying the paricular tastes of the sailors required a bit of negotiation, but has allowed the city to grow quickly and bring in plentiful wealth. We have mandated a focus on more scholarly pursuits with the construction of a library but this city will be primarily a trade hub and military outpost once it develops further.

(http://imgur.com/RD1wXfH)

And our smallest city, Lemon Lamb. Named for the delicacy cooked by its chefs, it serves as the first city encountered by most of our western neighbors. The finest riding horses are trained in the stables, and rumors of nearby Iron deposits spur slow expansion towards the nearby woodlands. The shepherds and stable hands care not for frivolities, but have acquired a taste for the spice known as "Sugar", claiming it would allow their namesake food to acquire a much more pleasant flavor. We have yet to find a large supply, but expect to soon enough. In the meantime the royal architect has decided to create an ampitheater, hoping to add a bit of culture and refinement to the rough frontier city.

OOC: The last dozen turns have been fairly productive. I managed to snag Chichen Itza, which stacks nicely with Persia's UA, and am preparing to declare war on the Huns, as I cannot trust the AI and so a preemptive strike appears prudent. By the time my Golden Age triggers I intend to have a decent naval bombardment force, some archers, and my Immortal-upgraded pikemen ready to take one or possibly two of the Hunnic cities. I can't spare the production for a push to the capital, as I need to get my Universities up and running ASAP. I lost the tech lead in the last few turns and taking more cities is unlikely to help me catch up.

Long-term I'm hoping to take most of the land around the rim of the inland sea and leverage my military power defensively afterward, switching gears to attempt a cultural victory. The map is just too huge for me to plan victory by conquest, and I'm not an aggressive player. I'm primarily worried about the AI right now, with Attila to my north I worry about invasion. Carthage is too far away to easily conquer and the AI bonus with their current tech lead and tourism parity means they're likely to remain solid contenders, provided a closer human player doesn't conquer them. Egypt's proximity makes me a bit anxious, but so far they appear willing to coexist peacefully.

I wasn't sure about taking over a civ mid-game but I was left a pretty decent situation and think at this time I'm not doing too badly.

And here's some info images I couldn't quite come up with IC text for.

Tech tree:
    (http://imgur.com/H6QhGI3)

Policies:
    (http://imgur.com/aNlwuCT)

Demographics:
    (http://imgur.com/ft4VmY8)

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators: Turncycle 100
    Show
    Greetings, citizens of Aleph Complex. Know that your high council has been busy preparing you for new, happier life. Not to say that life isn't happy already in our great complex. We simply believe that there is always space for further happiness.

Here we see a map of our grand central sector, FUS. It is a productive powerhouse, though there are pockets of secret societies lurking within the tundra regions. Soon we shall have completed a new HQ for HPD & MC. Following that construction, we shall further mobilize the armed forces.

We now present sector GEM, the defensive border of our glorious complex. Stationed within the mountainous region, the lay of the sector prevents traitors from invading our sector. Currently, all production is dedicated to (this information is not available at your security clearance). We request that citizens mobilize in order to assist us in building HIL's infrastructure, as it is lagging behind our two other sectors.

Here we have sector HIL. While it lacks the prime location of FUS and GEM, the valuable resources held within its borders have boosted it beyond HIL. We shall soon unveil further mobilization of our military.

Here we see the majority of our military forces. We are one turncycle away from improving our weaponry, R&D has nearly finished testing these devices they call "crossbows." Citizens who volunteer as test subjects for R&D shall be rewarded with [REDACTED].

Citizens, be warned. The traitors have sprung up in sector HUN. The new high council in HUN has refused friendly communication. Their secret societies spotted our efforts to construct a beautiful wall in sector FUS. Rather than celebrate along with our citizens, they demolished our construction and erected their own twisted version of our wall. Once R&D perfects these crossbow devices, we shall recruit another three squads of troubleshooters and reclaim sector HUN for ourselves. None shall stand in the way of Aleph Complex.
    Once we initiate this mission, we shall keep the public informed with wonderful paintings, complete with creative perspective angles, as produced by our troubleshooting squads. At this time, we shall also take public questions about our mission and goals of the complex.
    Happiness is mandatory citizens. Stay alert, trust no one, keep your {ERROR} handy.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Show
    Greetings from the lands of Persia. It is good to meet another civilized people. Though your lands lie far to the north of ours we hope Byzantium will be amenable to an exchange of embassies for faster diplomatic communication.

Our scouts speak highly of the flesh and oil acquired from the large beasts in your northern seas. We anticipate a supply of fine Pearls will be found in the next several years and would gladly trade some for the products of these Whales once your people have a surplus.

OOC: I can't quite tell but it looks like your borders I've found are near another Whales tile as yet unclaimed. If you're interested I'll reserve the next Pearls I have in exchange for those Whales, that is if you don't have your own Pearl supply.
    Spoiler: Persia
    Show
    Greetings, travelers, and welcome to the north. Ware barbarians; our navy keeps the shores of the Great Inland Sea clear of them, but farther north the land is lawless and wild, and the city-states to the west do little to police their territory.

Our merchants are intrigued by your offer; new whaling ships are under construction as we speak.

OOC: that particular tile actually lies outside easy reach of the nearest city, but as it happens there's another unworked source of Whales elsewhere in my empire that I'll have improved in a few turns.

22. - Top - End - #382

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

Today. In the south eastern hills. Our army spotted them.

Ships flying a flag.

Ships we have seen, every once in awhile an orc stronghold produces one crudely crafted vessel from which to harass in the seas.

But they never fly flags. Upon sighting our banners, they didn't ready to attack. They readied to talk.

We could not understand them, and they couldn't understand us at first, but they could reason, they could think. That much was clear.

We exchanged embassies with them, from which we learned they called their lands Carthage.

If you are reading this, and are a Siamese citizen.

We are not alone!

23. - Top - End - #383

Spoiler: Gnomishpride;Polish
    Show

Greetings from the world of the Siamese. We offer you a trade of cotton for your gems. Do you accept?

24. - Top - End - #384

Spoiler: Siamese (Illven)
    Show
    We graciously accept your offer, and hope that trade between our great nations will flourish in the future.

25. - Top - End - #385

Spoiler: Gnomish pride;Poland
    Show

Would you be willing to trade embassies and then make a deal of open borders. The king's trimeme's would love to explore the outside world.

26. - Top - End - #386

Show
    We would be honored, but we require a small financial bonus of 3 gold per turn in addition. Would you be amenable to this change?

27. - Top - End - #387

Spoiler: Gnomishpride;Poland
    Show

No. While what you ask for is fair, we are close to researching ships that will be capable of ocean travel.

28. - Top - End - #388

Show
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm for exploration, especially for one as isolated as yourself. I too, wish to explore the world. I'd willing to allow open borders and embassy exchange, provided you gift a ocean-faring vessel within the next 10 turns or so. Would you accept this a fair deal?

29. - Top - End - #389

Spoiler: Gnomishpride;Poland
    Show

That would be worse for us then the 3 GPT.

30. - Top - End - #390

Show
    That is disappointing to hear. In any case, perhaps an exchange of embassies would be mutually beneficial. I am willing to settle for one GPT in exchange for open borders.