New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 mutliplayer GMR 14 On the Euro

Gnomish, everything okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, I just was really busy and forgot.
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

3. - Top - End - #453

Gnomish. 2 days. Still your turn.

Can we get a turn timer?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #454

Oh I thought we had a turn timer already and I was skipped. My bad.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

24-hour turn timer re-added.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

6. - Top - End - #456

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

We hear rumors of a Taj Mahal completed in foreign lands.

As the French people declares that they will protect Lhasa, and Manila.

Lampang's guards report no problems.

Muang Saluang also has no problems.

As our work bands mostly wait around.

As the Palace guard has no problems.

As our great people waits.

Si Satchanalai's defenses also report no problems.

As our trimeme's start to be repaired.

And others continue scouting.

Our scholars start to try and understand physics.

Maps of our capital.

As Si Satchanalai works on a new frigate.

Muang Saluang works on a bank to fiance all these ships.

Lampang also works on frigates.

Here we see our government undertaking the highlights of secularism to use.

Here we see the different paths the world congress can vote on.

The scholars say we are best in population, worst in nothing.

Here we see the results of all the tourism.

And the information on the Siamese foes.

7. - Top - End - #457

Would it be possible to get a turn timer extension from Friday to Monday?

8. - Top - End - #458

Turn timer edited to not run on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Character sheets:

9. - Top - End - #459

Turn timer is good to be removed whenever.

Spoiler: DWthyme;Persia
    Show

I voted you host.

~The King of Siam.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-03-24 at 09:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

Spoiler: Persia:DwThyme
    Show

It wouldn't let us accept the deal, are you sure you're not getting crabs from another source?

In any case, we don't actually gain a benefit from this deal, why are you interested in our crabs?

11. - Top - End - #461

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Persia:DwThyme
    Show

It wouldn't let us accept the deal, are you sure you're not getting crabs from another source?

In any case, we don't actually gain a benefit from this deal, why are you interested in our crabs?
    Spoiler: Siam
    Show
    One of our newer towns has acquired a taste for crab meat and we wish to aid their growth. Hopefully our people have access to a resource desired by the Siamese so that the trade is mutually beneficial.

OOC: Yeah I don't know what's going on, had the same bug just happen in GMR 15. I'll just cancel the trade and maybe see what happens if you try initiating? Supposing you're willing to keep trying.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (Siam)
    Show
    Greetings, friend and citizen. I am Gustavus Ad-U-FUS-1, representative of the High Council of Aleph Complex. I extend the right hand of friendship and happiness to you and your citizens (pay no heed to the left hand behind my back) and offer you a joint exchange of R&D workers to further both our Complexes' research. Is this arrangement acceptable to you, despite our prior limited contact?
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

13. - Top - End - #463

Spoiler: RayGallade;Sweden
    Show

Assuming we have the gold, that would be acceptable.

Question with Datsmore leaving, who's the host now?

14. - Top - End - #464

I've been host since you left

Character sheets:

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by Dada View Post
    I've been host since you left
    Facepalms.

In any case, can we get the turn timer back to a day or two.

16. - Top - End - #466

Turn timer is now back to running on all days.

Character sheets:

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

So, here's the problem I've been having. I have another family member who has Steam installed offline on another computer in the house. They play Civilization 5 a lot on that computer and like to walk away leaving the game open all the time. Since it's my steam account that's offline, when I get on with my other computer, the 2 steam's link and if I try to open GMR and play a game, I can't because it tries to stream to the other computer, and basically have me remotely access his game, not the GMR games I'm trying to play and take my turns. I've been for a while saving and turning off his game whenever I take my turn, but it always leads into an argument when he comes back to his computer wanting to play. After these last few times it's become too much of a bother of arguing with him just to take my turns, so I'm going to surrender from my games in GMR. I do hope you guys are able to find a replacement for me or still have fun with me dropping from the games. I did have fun playing multiplayer with you guys.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #468

I'm seeming to have a problem trading with another player. It won't work, and said player wants to trade with me, so it's not that they are denying the deals. Any idea what's up.

19. - Top - End - #469

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

The French people have completed the Forbidden palace.

As the Aztecs hold the world's first fair and free elections.

La Venta is not impressed with our cultural growth.

Our scouting ships continue to explore the world.

As our war ships prepare for war.

Our workbands wait around.

As town guards report no problems.

Our great people wait to be called.

Here we see the tech tree of the Siam empire.

Maps of the palace.

As Si Satchanalai works on a public school.

Muang Saluang does as well.

As does Lampung.

Our government has focused on the study of the people. Focusing on nourishing the brightest young minds of their generation.

Here we see what the delegates of the world wish to vote on.

The scholars say we are best and worst in nothing.

The tourism wars rage on.

[B]

Our information on our nations foes.

Okay it's past turn 150. My plans are simple. Conquer a couple of city states because I need land. Try to sim city past other people and probably fail.

20. - Top - End - #470

If can get a turn timer extension possibly my mom's delirous I'll try taking my turns but no promise.

Turn taken.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-04-24 at 06:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectator Update
    Show
    The year was 1700. Two cycles after the bells of freedom rang throughout Aleph Complex, a secret meeting in FUS Central was to seal the fate of all citizens. Beneath the center of government, a new leader was born. Calling itself Friend Computer, this strange entity proclaimed the evils of Order and Autocracy, and even other Freedoms. The High Council, now known as High Programmers, set out to organize the troubleshooter squads to [CLASSIFIED] on Hiawatha's now leaderless complex.

Alpha Complex has risen. Let Freedom ring. The sweet bells of Freedom that shall redeem the Aztecs and Iroquois and the wonderous structures they have crafted.

Now that I have an ideology (curse the Aztecs' AI for claiming Freedom just before me because of turn priority), I am leaning towards trying to push a diplomatic victory. I'd like to pull the Aztecs down since they're AI now. Once I get my public schools up and running, I'm going to push for artillery in case my crossbows are no good anymore.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

22. - Top - End - #472

OOC: Reverting for GnomishPride. If you're like pretty much everyone else you're probably close to getting an Ideology and the AI might've messed stuff up. If there's another skip in 24 hours without any posts here I'll take my turn though.

23. - Top - End - #473

So they'll be no sunday spectator updates today, because photobucket isn't working.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Greetings citizens of Alpha Complex. The benevolent computer, who is your Friend, in its infinite wisdom has released these scenes from the [REDACTED] for your newspapers. Be aware that these scenes are {information not available at your security clearance} out of date.

Here we see a bold troubleshooter team, defending their higher clearance "friends" from immediate death and annihilation. Truly, these are exemplary citizens. Unforunately, shortly after this photograph was taken, the team was slaughtered by the Aztec Complex cowards.

Our northern front is largely quiet, with the smaller sector providing our troubleshooters with lodging for the night. Traitors will be shot on sight.

These are our targets. Our Friend Computer has benevolently determined that these sectors would be better ruled by our complex. The liberation of IRQ and AZT sectors shall commence immediately.

Let the citizens rejoice. R&D has just unveiled a new weapon to test on the traitors. Calling it artillery, they claim it outranges any sector defenses. Alpha Complex shall soon overcome all resistance to our troubleshooters once we can roll out these new weapons

25. - Top - End - #475

Spoiler: Siam
    Show
    OOC: Ok so I had a turn without any proposed trades for the first time in a bit and had a thought. Proposed 5 gpt for your Crab, if it lets you accept it you propose 5 gpt for one of my single copy luxes. Essentially trying the same trade but maybe the game won't bug out if it's gold for lux instead of lux for lux? At this point I'm more interested in figuring out a workaround than actually getting the Crab (though my city still wants it)

26. - Top - End - #476

Spoiler: Dodgerh20
    Show

Deal went through on our end, so we sent our part of it.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Do you all mind if I get a revert? I'm in the process of finishing my undergraduate thesis and forgot that I had shut down GMR while I was editing it last night.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

No problem, done.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

29. - Top - End - #479

Having some steam login issues, I'll keep trying (still have ~18 hours) but if I get skipped I'd appreciate a revert. Or alternately pause/extend the timer.

Plus, GnomishPride, you ok? Looks like another skip, is 24 hours enough for you?

30. - Top - End - #480

Yeah, I'm fine, just a little busy; finals are terrible. Though I am going to be out of town for a week, so I'll put myself on Vacation mode.