New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 mutliplayer GMR 14 On the Euro

Spoiler: Bonus spectator update
    Show

Here we see the great Siamese fleet.

As our work bands wait on orders from on high.

Lhasa's security force notices no poachers.

Si Satchanalai's defense force reports no problems.

Our great people wait for their day of judgement.

The palace guard reports no problems.

As do Muang Saluang.

Lampung notices no problems.

Here we see the Siam science.

And maps of the capital.

And maps of the lesser cities.

Broadcasting Siamese music to the citizens.

As well as Lampang.

And the conquered cities contribute to the empire.

The Siamese government.

The congress of the world.

Not the best, not the worst in anything.

The results of the tourism wars.

And information on our nation's foes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators: Turn 200 Text Update
    Show
    OOC: Sorry for the lack of updates and pictures but I'm getting a bit burnt out on GMR in general. Least I can do is give a text update.

So, turn 200! Persia currently has the highest Production, GDP, and Happiness. Also we produce the most tourism by almost 3-fold. I really don't think a Cultural victory is going to happen but as I chose Autocracy our influence is affecting the Happiness of other nations, Egypt in particular keeps going negative.

Autocracy was a weird choice but honestly I'm growing bored of my usual Freedom and Order, plus my preexisting Tourism meant if I chose a different Ideology than the others I would get to leverage the influence. I don't really intend to go on a conquest spree but rather use the military bonuses to discourage other nations from attacking me. Plus the Happiness options from military buildings mean I can use Persia's Golden Age bonuses to best effect.

Carthage (AI) is pushing up against my borders as well as blocking off the "Mediterranean" west of my area. I may have to torch a few of their cities, plus they stole my Wonders way back when so it might be worth conquering a few select cities. I'm hoping they will declare war on me and then I can just rampage through their territory in retaliation but my navy needs an upgrade first.

My biggest worry right now is Sweden, with whom I have historically friendly relations. They seem poised to take the Aztec lands and that will get them 3 Capitals and enough Tourism that my influence will probably start dropping. I see this game being won by a Science victory, honestly. The map is just so big, even with my production and Autocracy I'd have to spend way too long conquering and I don't think any other nation is poised better than I am for Domination. I'm number 4 in Science right now so not thinking I'll win this but the other players might worry about my cultural influence or Autocratic tendencies and decide to take me down a peg just in case.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectator Turn 200 Update
    Show
    Greetings citizens of Alpha Complex. Rejoice, for our image recording devices have reached a pinnacle of resolution at 3000x2000. Lament, for it thus means it is impossible to see anything in the captured images. Allow High Programmer Gustavus Ad-U-FUS-2 to summarize the events of Alpha Complex.

In sector FUS, we are currently working with R&D to construct a wondrous castle to house our upper clearance citizens. It is the hope of the High Programmers that this castle will inspire all the sectors into constructing beautiful castles. Future plans for this sector are above your security clearance.

Sector GEM continues its work as an intersection sector. Its hydro-electric power plant is nearly operational. Our Power Services committee expects [REDACTED] from it.

Sector HIL has blossomed into a thriving productive powerhouse. We are able to train new troubleshooter squads within three cycles here, though it is far from the front lines.

Sector SEA remains a mere anecdote. We are becoming concerned about Persia Complex's tourism industry and are beginning to realize that perhaps opening our trade routes to their citizens may not have been the wisest choice. Still, it is a sector close to the warfront with the mechanized Montezuma.

Sector HUN, while still occupied by a legion of troubleshooters, has largely stepped up its production and contributions to R&D. Unfortunately, our wall to end all walls that the traitorous HUNs stole from us no longer protects us. Apparently, the gentleclones who developed our long-range artillery used the vast wall was a firing range and blasted large holes in it.

Now, for the battlefront. We sport seven of our new long-range artillery batteries on the warfront. These are supported by our troubleshooter squads, whose medical officers have demonstrated tremendous ingenuity in patching up wounds as their fight. Two cycles ago we conquered our first sector in Aztec complex. However, our troubleshooters will not rest until AZT and IRQ sectors are under our command. Sector TEO is a secondary objective, as it is a large sector with plenty of supplies.

---

Currently, as of turn 200 I have no idea how I'm going to go about winning this game. The World Congress seems to have broken, since there is no timer counting down and we've been waiting on a vote for at least five turns now. While I have the income to support a Diplomatic victory, I also have the most powerful military. Except we're playing on a flat map. With 12 players. And my lands are in the top right corner of the map. I think I'm in Russia if I remember this map correctly. Picking on the AI is one thing, but I doubt I'm going to be able to steamroll any of my fellow players, especially with the distances I need to travel.. If the World Congress weren't broken, I might liberate the Iroquois' capital for the extra votes, but that doesn't look viable right now. My science is well behind Byzantium's but I could invade them to stop that. Finally, I need to do something about Persia's culture, they're sporting a 75 right now and are beginning to step up pressure. Any suggestions from the crowd would be appreciated.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

4. - Top - End - #484

So... Um.... Something broke....

HALP.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

What broke? The World Congress?
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

6. - Top - End - #486

It kicked me and Poland. Then cloned our host and made the clone take my spot while erasing my civ.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've reverted the turn and sent GnomishPride a reinvite.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving until the start of july and enabling a turn timer on the game in the current condition would probably kill it.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

How're we doing? Still waiting on Gnomish to return?

9. - Top - End - #489

Yes, we are. Our host was supposed to have sent them an invite link?

10. - Top - End - #490

I just rejoined - sorry it took so long. I've just been super busy.
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

11. - Top - End - #491

I know we just got everyone back but if we could keep the timer off for at least another week I'd appreciate it.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Maybe make it two since I am getting married in 10 days?

13. - Top - End - #493

Congratulations! I'm leaving the timer off at least two weeks .

Character sheets:

14. - Top - End - #494

Throwing in my Congratulations and happy wishes for you too

(Also I'm back to my normal schedule so good for timer return when everyone else is)

Spoiler: Siam
    Show
    Persia thanks your people for their support to retain our position as Host. We have already made our proposition but if there is anything you would like us to propose next round let us know. Also let us know how you feel about espousing Autocracy throughout the lands. We have little expectation of passing this World Ideology mandate but would obviously benefit greatly if it were to pass and would owe a large favor to anyone who helped with such.

15. - Top - End - #495

Spoiler: Dodgerh20;Persia
    Show

We will have to vote it down, it would absolutely cripple our happiness to have this go through.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I have returned from my honeymoon and move and should be able to resume regular playing.

17. - Top - End - #497

Gnomishpride, is everything okay?

18. - Top - End - #498

Can we get a turn timer put back up? Because Gnomish pride has played civ 5 several times, and hasn't taken their turn.

19. - Top - End - #499

Turn timer re-added at 2 days.

Character sheets:

20. - Top - End - #500

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

Here we see with the development of atomic theory the glowing green rocks outside of Si Satchanalai can be put to productive uses.

And we see the glorious efforts of the Siamese people in science

As we see our capital working on a military base to protect our liege.

Si Satchanalai is just about to finish an opera house.

Muang saluang works on a castle.

Lampang also works on a military base.

Lhasa plugs along at a research lab.

As does Manila.

Here we see the Siamese form of government.

The scholars say we are best and worst in nothing.

The world congress continues strong.

Here we see the results of tourism in all countries.

And our information on other nations.

So it's past turn 200. Admittedly I'm not sure how I win this. My big decision is do I continue freedom and try buying spaceship parts, or do I go autocracy and try for blitz x-com. I'm unsure what would be the better play, and if either of them would be enough to win.

21. - Top - End - #501

Sorry about the inactivity. I've just on vacation, but totally spaced putting on Vacation Mode. I'm back now, and ready to play. Thanks for your patience!
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

22. - Top - End - #502

Spoiler: Sweden
    Show
    We hope that your nation's unwillingness to keep their Open Borders comes only from worries about Persia's cultural influence and does not reflect a degradation in the historical friendship between our two lands.

Spoiler: Spectator Text Update
    Show
    OOC: Persia's tourism is finally slowing down, most of the other nations have built up their resistance via culture/tourism increases. I highly doubt I can win a cultural victory. Also I'm down to 4th place in technology so that doesn't bode well for the prospects of building a spacecraft. Siam has Uranium, which as they are the furthest nation from Persia, is not as bad as it could be, but I suspect they will have a nuclear sub in the Mediterranean to slow me down if it looks like I'm about to win culturally or via tech. In light of all this, I've decided the time has finally come to invade Carthage. They stole my next few settlement spots and my naval power will be greatly improved if I can get the Great Lighthouse, extra vision will help me spot any nuclear subs also. My current plan is to build up my military over the next dozen or so turns until my next Golden Age, then declare war. If I time it right I can also nab Clausewitz's Legacy (Receive a 25% attack bonus to all Military Units for the first 50 turns after adopting). That along with my Golden Age bonus should allow me to take Carthage easily.

I also may rush Atomic Theory just to see who has access to Uranium and ensure I have a source. It's less than optimal for use of my Scientists but will help me plan ahead while I have my war bonuses.

Again, apologies for the lack of screenshots, will try to get some up once the war begins.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DodgerH20 (Persia)
    Show
    Alpha Complex still believes in the enduring friendship between our two complexes. However, The Computer, in its grand wisdom, has determined that our citizens are beginning to think and act differently than they had before. We hope to remain friends, but must take measures to preserve Complex Culture.

We shall endeavor to keep trade routes open between our complexes and prioritize your sectors above others as a sign of friendship, though your traders do bring strange ideas to our lower clearance citizens.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Does anyone object to us doing a revert back to my prior turn? GMR never told me that I was up last time and the AI decided that I needed to make peace with the Aztecs, something that I definitely was not set up to do.

25. - Top - End - #505

I am okay with this.

26. - Top - End - #506

I was wondering about that, one of many reasons I never trust the AI to take my turns. I'm fine with a revert.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Yeah, I just started teaching again, so the first week of classes tends to leave me scatterbrained. Probably didn't help me ensure that GMR was sending notifications.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Revert is fine by me.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

29. - Top - End - #509

Revert is fine by me too.

Character sheets:

30. - Top - End - #510

GnomishPride was skipped the last turn so I doubt they will mind. I think it's up to you to do it as host Dada.
    Last edited by DodgerH2O; 2017-09-07 at 08:28 PM.