New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 mutliplayer GMR 14 On the Euro

It is done.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Getting some extra deja vu here, I think we went back 2 turns? Totally fine if so but hopefully we're meant to be 2 back.

3. - Top - End - #513

Yes, we went back two turns.

Character sheets:

4. - Top - End - #514
    Colossus in the Playground

So my mother died.

If we hold a wake, I may ask for a turn timer extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #515

Turn timer removed.

My condolences and best wishes, I am very sorry for your loss.

Character sheets:

6. - Top - End - #516

You have my condolences. Take as long as you need.

7. - Top - End - #517

GnomishPride left the game. Now when I load the save it shows Poland, if I click through the AI seems to take the turn and then it moves to my turn but I can't do anything for a minute or two then it reloads the main menu. I loaded the save again and the same thing happened except it moved to Siam's turn after Poland instead.

8. - Top - End - #518

You'll probably need to revert to me, and then I'll have to retake my turn.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: The_Snark (Byzantium)
    Show
    An officially unofficial and unredacted missive from the monitor and CPU of your Friend, The Computer

Peace citizen and ruler of the great Byzantines. Our high clearance citizens have observed that an official vote is to be held on who ought to run the World Congress. If the memory reports are correct, our two Complexes' representatives voted for the other Complex in the last election, splitting the vote entirely. We propose that in this election, your voters cast their ballots for our Complex, in order to secure the world's Freedom from Communism and Oppression. If perhaps your diplomats could communicate with another Complex that has not voted yet, we would appreciate the support.

Your Friend, the Computer.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

10. - Top - End - #520

Carthage continues to settle within Persia's sphere of influence and everyone else's despite repeated warnings. Therefore a formal Declaration of War has been issued. Once the Mediterranean becomes safe for all nations Persia will gladly talk peace terms with the Carthaginians. Persia hopes to resolve this issue with a minimal amount of civilian casualties.

Spoiler: Egypt
    Show
    Your people must have heard about the attempt to impose Freedom upon the world. We believe with your aid the proposal may be defeated. Can we count on your voting against this Ideological attack upon both our cultures?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

So, Civ V just decided that it would crash twice in a row after I ended my turn. I will be trying to figure out what's going on, but my turn might bog down for a while unfortunately.

If anyone has ideas, I'd appreciate them. It crashes when I go to save after my turn, but before I can click on save.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

12. - Top - End - #522

I'm not sure. It shouldn't be a save file bloat bug... Maybe try reverting, and resending?

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Reverting worked

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Website seems to be bugging out - it notified me that it's my turn, and the turn history/current icon support that, but it's not otherwise acknowledging it. Meaning no download button, or upload button, or for that matter revert. Could our host do a revert to Sweden and see if that fixes it?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Unfortunately, Alpha Complex is experiencing technical errors at the moment and the Computer will require some attention from the High Programers. R&D suggests reverting time back to the prior Complex's action, as all attempts to "save" have met with fatal errors for the troubleshooters.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Website seems to be bugging out - it notified me that it's my turn, and the turn history/current icon support that, but it's not otherwise acknowledging it. Meaning no download button, or upload button, or for that matter revert. Could our host do a revert to Sweden and see if that fixes it?
    So, er. This is still going on. Any word from the host? (I can't recall who that is at the moment)

17. - Top - End - #527

I did some reverts, lets see if it helps.

Character sheets:

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Seems to have fixed things on my end, anyway.

19. - Top - End - #529

I accidentally reverted.... My bad....

20. - Top - End - #530

As we don't have a timer I won't ask for an extension but my turns may take a bit longer for the next couple of weeks. Should still be able to keep the pace we've been having or close to it.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: DodgerH20 [Persia
    Show
    ]Citizen Darius, our troubleshooter squads have reported troubling news. Just as our armed forces liberated Iroquois Complex, they discovered that your generals carved out a portion of the sector. Normally, we might overlook this, but your citizens have illegally obtained Alpha Complex property, the green rocks called Uranium. Even now your people march to strip mine what otherwise would have belonged to Iroquois Complex and its citizens.

What is the meaning of this incursion? Surely you do not desire to sour relations between our two Complexes after millennia of peace?

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Citizens, we report a mixed bag. Alpha Complex sees no avenue for victory upon the world stage. Our soldiers have proven victorious against Aztec Complex and its holdings in former Iroquois land. However, this world is far too large to successfully conquer the entire world, even though our troubleshooters are now backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS! Meanwhile, while we rule the United Nations, there is not enough time left nor enough money to buy out the necessary states before another nation flees this planet. Our missile (along with two more in the works) cannot stop everyone before it is too late.

22. - Top - End - #532

Spoiler: Sweden
    Show
    The acquisition of the land and specifically the Uranium beneath the land was a project that began over a decade ago and our General did not appear to stop and question his orders upon the news that ownership of the land had left the Aztecs. In fact, the entire purpose of the acquisition of Hadrumetum was to secure access to the ore, which our military council believes is vital to the security of the Persian people. We assumed your people would not care what we took from the Aztecs but the timing of your conquest was such that by sheer technicality the land was yours.

Our geologists report that your people have access to an abundance of the material and our diplomats say your scientists have not been shy in using it to create terrible weaponry. If our proposal to the United Nations council succeeds we would end the development of these infernal weapons and repurpose the green stones for peaceful power solutions. Surely the loss of such a small quantity would not jeopardize the goodwill existing between our peoples? What actions might Persia be able to take to make up for this act?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Persia
    Show
    Alpha Complex's information network has determined we may require your Complex's assistance in some sensitive manners. We have observed that Egypt, Byzantium, and Siam Complexes have been developing secret projects to establish undisputed control of the skies above. Our Complex sees these devices as a threat to world sovereignty and Freedom. Would Persia Complex perhaps be able to assist us in dismantling these projects?

Byzantium and Siam Complexes are nearly in range of our defensive missiles after our recent liberation war with Montez-U-MAA, but Egypt Complex is beyond our reach. What is Persia Complex's relationship with the Egyptians?

24. - Top - End - #534

Persia has suggested that the United Nations ban production of the nuclear weaponry produced by most major nations in recent years. It is our hope that all nations of the world will support us in this endeavor to ensure peace for everybody. We ask for the support of all Ideologies to overcome our disparities and work together on this issue. Nobody wants to see these weapons in use.

Spoiler: Sweden
    Show
    Our people enjoy a congenial relationship with the Egyptians but we are also worried about their space program. Extraterrestrial activity has spurred our development of mobile infantry squadrons known internationally as the X-COM project, slated to begin within a half-dozen years or so. We think we could use soldiers from this project to secure the Egyptian sources of Aluminum and thus stall their progress. We have no other gripe with their people and will not agree to conquer them unprovoked but may have to take territory to ensure the security of our troops. Would your people support us on the world stage if this became necessary? We would honestly prefer your strikes against your neighbors come first, to avoid the Freedom coalition from turning on Persia as the instigator of a World War.

25. - Top - End - #535

I can't access the website right now.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Nor I (and it is, I believe, my turn).

27. - Top - End - #537

I can, and it is Thesnark's turn.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Byzantium has recently become aware of the presence of Swedish nuclear weaponry stationed in the former Aztec capital, within range of our borders. This is not acceptable - doubly so as Alpha Complex has recently negotiated a ceasefire with the Aztec remnant, and there are no other targets within striking range. After a brief waiting period, in case the missiles were merely in transit, the Empress Theodora has concluded this is a prelude to an attack, and responded accordingly.

We do not intend to invade foreign lands; however, any Swedish (or Persian) military force near our borders will be treated as an active threat. Please withdraw immediately.

(Sorry for the delay! Spectator war update soon)
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2018-01-25 at 03:33 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

A message to all Complexes from your Friend, The Computer

My fellow citizens, today is a dark day for the world. In an act of unprovoked aggression, Byzantine Complex has launched nuclear missiles at AZC sector, murdering millions of citizens and destroying a precious piece of R&D tech. Our device was merely meant for peaceful occupation, that the recently inducted citizens of Alpha Complex might be reminded of the power of our great Complex. It was not Alpha Complex who first unleashed nuclear weapons upon the world, it was the traitorous Byzantium Complex!

In response to this wanton act of slaughter carried out by these traitors, our Armed Forces have struck a mighty blow. Byzantium Complex has been developing the technology to launch entire cities into space. Alpha Complex, however, sees this as a direct threat. Already you have launched nuclear missiles without warning. No doubt this project of yours is merely a cover for a plan to place nuclear silos in space where you could strike any target you so desired with impunity. Perhaps your people would do well to remember that in space, no one can hear you scream when the hull of your precious ship is torn asunder. In one daring swoop, our troubleshooters obliterated the control center of your spacecraft with ease.

To arms, citizens of the world! Know that if Byzantine Complex deems your people a threat, they will not hesitate to rain nuclear fire upon your lands unprovoked! Stop their dangerous ambitions and join Alpha Complex in defending the world from those who wish to leave and destroy it.

Your friend, The Computer

Spoiler: DodgerH20 [Persia
    Show
    ]Unfortunately, our original nuke was destroyed in their opening volley. We have a second device inbound, but aren't sure how many nukes Byzantium might have. There is the possibility that we may lose the western front before being able to push anywhere near their homeland.

Spoiler: Illam [Siam
    Show
    ]As Byzantium Complex's nearest sane neighbor, we look to you for assistance in curbing Byzantine aggression. Can Alpha Complex count on your Complex for military aid against these traitors?

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Not much to say since I am yet to figure out where I want to host images now that Photobucket charges for image hosting. Suffice to say, I had a nuke stationed in the old Aztec captital along with a mechanized infantry and two artillery. All of those were destroyed in the bombing. At least my bomber survived to destroy the SS Cockpit outside of their capital, so at the very least I've been a nuisance in response.

30. - Top - End - #540

NinjaGuy

Re hosting images, I've been using Imgur and that seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."