New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Civ 5 mutliplayer GMR 14 On the Euro

So, I'm having trouble connecting to Steam, tried to submit my turn in offline mode, and then it wouldn't send. We might need to revert
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    So, I'm having trouble connecting to Steam, tried to submit my turn in offline mode, and then it wouldn't send. We might need to revert
    I don't necessarily think so, I'm having an issue with submitting my turn in GMR 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I had no issues submitting my turn just before you.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Looks like it's giving me an HTTP 503 error when I try to access GMR.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Looks like it's giving me an HTTP 503 error when I try to access GMR.
    Same here. I think it's a general GMR is down.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not just you, GMR is down for me too.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Byzantium
    Show
    Hail, and well met! Our capital lies directly south of the mountain range your scouting archers have found themselves on. And we hope our people will enjoy a long and prosperous friend.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Aztec
    Show
    Greetings! Our capital lies opposite said range, on what we currently believe to be the northernmost edge of this landmass. We offers these maps as a token of our goodwill:

Pictured above is our home city of Byzantium and the lands surrounding it; below is the region in which we met your scout. We found one of the strange ruins dotting these lands in that area, but it had been plundered already by barbarians whose tracks led east; avoid or seek them out, as you please. Our scouts are currently headed due west, in hopes of finding more ruins.

Last edited by The_Snark; 2015-12-19 at 07:36 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Byzantium
    Show
    Thank you for these maps. (Though the second image is in fact the same as the first) Our own explorations have revealed this to be the layout around our capital:

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Aztecs
    Show
    Ah, our mistake; it should be displaying correctly now, though you appear to have explored most of the relevant territory in any case.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: To Poland
    Show
    The proud people of the Iroquois welcome you as neighbors.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Turn 10 Spectator update
    Show

Here's how things look for Carthage:

On the plus side, we do have flood plains and some wheat for potential food growth. On the downside, I've gotten an africa start on a Europe map, which means the barbarian hordes are going to be an issue, as the camps the ancient ruins I hit this turn demonstrate.
    More worryingly though, the position of that northern camp makes it look a lot like I may have started by a landlocked sea.

This may not turn out very well.

13. - Top - End - #193

Spoiler: Bonus Spectator update
    Show

The orcs. At first we were pleased to meet the other feet that stride on legs.

But we were not prepared. The green skins care not for talking, they care not for hunting, or children or anything. Born from the darkness, they live only to kill.

Our warriors try to move to aid the scout band.

And more Orcs stand in the ruins. I mean it's not an issue, I'm 99% sure I'm isolated. But it's still annoying.

Our tech tree. Our leader has told the people to focus on trying to engagne the orcs at range. So that their superior strength, is less important. He also hopes that one day we will be able to construct a great temple to whatever instrument we use at range.

Here we the capital. A small collection of huts, some fancier then others. Currently, we are focused on recruiting up a work band to construct farms by the nearby rivers.

Chieftain Ramkhamhaeng was crowned King, long before. While others age and die. Our glorious king retains youth and life. He has designated certain members of the tribe, to live a higher lifestyle then the rest of us. To have some say, however small in whatever we do. However these people also age, and die.

The prophets say we are best in population, GNP, and Land.
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-03-11 at 11:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

The high consul has determined that the messenger bringing us this useless information has committed treason and must be executed. Remember citizens, telling the high consul what it does not want to hear is treason.

Not pictured, our scout has found the eastern boarder of our world. It is indeed a flat world that we live on. Fortunately, this should spare us some defense on our boarders in the future. The Armed Forces look forward to funneling these budget savings into future pet projects. Reports indicate that Internal Security is investigating this abuse of Complex funds.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey all, is it possible to have the timer extended/off for the holidays?
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Aztecs
    Show
    Hail Aztecs! Looks like you just beat me to those ruins. Just mind the barbarians.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Hey all, is it possible to have the timer extended/off for the holidays?
    Sure, I turned it off.

I'll turn it on, Jan 2 if there are no objections.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

I think that January 2nd seems fair.

To Carthage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Moroccan people. We hope to build a peaceful relationship in the future based upon trade and mutual regional defence.

19. - Top - End - #199

Is it bad that I immediately assumed that the spoiler to Carthage was addressed to The Snark?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Iroquois
    Show
    Meh, you didn't miss much:

Let the barbarians come, the gods are thirsty. And it's good to see you here.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Is it bad that I immediately assumed that the spoiler to Carthage was addressed to The Snark?
    I have to watch myself for that, too.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Aztec
    Show
    Ah. So instead of me, we can blame you for releasing the barbarians.

23. - Top - End - #203

The turn timer of a day has been reinstated.

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

King Ramkhamhaeng orders the greatest minds of our people to focus now on the makings of the instruments he calls bows.

Our recon squad learns how to live off the land better. Making it harder for the Orcs to track and kill them.

Our new Worker cautiously approaches the sheep. Unsure if the methods taught to it by King Ramkhamhaeng himself will truly work to domesticate these beasts.

Our warrior moves to guard the worker for the orc savages.

Our recon squad tries to see what is in that ancient ruin.

With the understanding of how to domesticate cattle and sheep, we are one step closer to understanding all.

Our capital is barely bigger then last time.

Our government is how we left it.

King Ramkhamhaeng declares we are best in population, and land. Worst in nothing.
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-03-14 at 10:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show

Here we see the newly determined settling ground for our future sector. We believe once we can drive away the traitors who have entrenched themselves next to our ideal land, this area will become a wonderful sector. There is only one problem...

It appears this land is rather close to a unknown band of warriors. The High Council believes this may lead to some future tension if not handled properly.

So rather than extend a warm hand of welcome, the scouts of Aleph Complex have been ordered to avoid greeting our future neighbors until absolutely necessary. Perhaps if we can secure our new sector quickly, the entire mess can be alleviated.

In all seriousness, I'm in big trouble. Next to Attila with almost nowhere to settle is not particularly ideal. I may be an easy target if he gets violent.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Pissing hell.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Iroquois
    Show
    You have met The Hun. We require your strongest ale and your most beautiful women.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Huns
    Show
    What a rather strange introduction of oneself.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show

At the High Council's urging, Aleph Complex has embraced legalism. Truly the bureaucracy shall grow year by year.

Meanwhile, the scouting division of the Armed Forces has reported that these traitors have blocked them from accessing important information contained within the ruins. The council has ordered a strategic retreat so as to draw away the treasonous foes.

Back at the central sector, we have reorganized the sector to honor the recent outstanding citizen, Gustavus Ad-U-FUS. Plans are also underway to develop a new sector in the foothills to the south. Unfortunately, traitors have been spotted at the boarders of the sector. The Armed Forces have been scrambled to protect the sector and especially our deployed red clearance citizens.

So far, we are yet to officially greet our southern neighbors. We hope to establish the second sector prior to opening official communications. Plausible deniability and all that.

29. - Top - End - #209

So... Guess what I can do now.

Illven obtained the power to check production times on things you aren't even building yet!

So glitch, or normal game mechanics?

30. - Top - End - #210

Spoiler: Bonus sunday spectator update
    Show

As our scouting band, records the way of the coastline, our people finish the science of mining, and cutting down forests.

Ramkhamhaeng orders our scientists to start work on this concept of working a metal called bronze.

Our worker bands start to chop down forest.

And we hear tales of glorious defenses against the green skins

Here we see maps of our capital. Where glorious Ramkhamhaeng reigns.

Since yesteryears, Ramkhamhaeng has started a codification of laws, so that every man may know what the state forbifs.

The scholars say we are best in land, worst in nothing!
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-06-09 at 09:36 PM.