New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: RWBY VII: Winter is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    "Possible using RWBY's loose application of physics" was the main thing I was going for, with contradicting "Penny exerted an unprecedented amount of force" as a secondary point, so this is fine. Gravity still isn't the only downward force involved, or the truck still wouldn't have gotten off the ground, but the angles involved are a lot shallower than Yang's, at least until Penny breaks through the street, so still not enough to generate the result we're looking for. So the revelation is that Penny's heavy. That's fine.
    Look, I'll be the first to admit that RWBY plays it fast and loose with the laws of physics in the name of the rule of cool. The only point I was making was that the mechanics at play in the truck scene are different to the mechanics at play in all the other examples. Pretty much all the downward force would have been generated by gravity at the initial point of impact. Proper bracing can help transfer some of that to downward pressure, but it's pretty negligible at the impact speed and mass to angle we're looking at (as soon as the truck starts to lift, that's obviously a different matter). In short, all I'm saying is that Penny did something that the observers did not have a reasonable expectation that an ordinary human being could easily do, and other examples of feats performed by people haven't countered this, as they are fundamentally different from a physics equation standpoint.

I think we're mostly in agreement here?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Apart from the apparently inevitable framing dispute, yes.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

I would note the laws of physics aren't on the minds of the random observers.

Even if, IF, girls that destroy trucks at speed with their bare hands are commonplace at Beacon, it's probably not a common sight during rush hour on the busy streets of Vale.

And any big accident is sure to get rubbernecking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, is Penny the strongest thing in the Remnant universe?

I'm working on my episode 3 commentary btw, I'll be putting it in the other thread since it continues the conversation there.

My rewrite of season 3 will be a bit later, when I have more substance then "I miss Monty's fights damn it."

One of the things we are going to miss is team CMENs first fight. It looks from his tweets Monty was doing working on something really elaborate for the villains all the way back before Christmas time last year when he posted doing Neo's upside down spin MoCaps.

Looks like they scuttled it...
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post

I'm working on my episode 3 commentary btw, I'll be putting it in the other thread since it continues the conversation there.

My rewrite of season 3 will be a bit later, when I have more substance then "I miss Monty's fights damn it."

One of the things we are going to miss is team CMENs first fight. It looks from his tweets Monty was doing working on something really elaborate for the villains all the way back before Christmas time last year when he posted doing Neo's upside down spin MoCaps.

Aww... I would have liked to have seen that .

As an aside Reddish, I'm not overly sure that's a good team acronym for them .

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    Aww... I would have liked to have seen that .

As an aside Reddish, I'm not overly sure that's a good team acronym for them .
    You CAN read it in the other thread you know

Also yes Reddish please just call them Cinder's gang. Please.

7. - Top - End - #217

I skimmed what you wrote and I'm not quite sure why you put it there. It's pretty much just you noting various different reveals and revelations, with some speculation thrown in, rather than complaints about the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post

MNCE, menace.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

I was meaning the actual finished scene, not just being told Monty had been working on it .

I've also tried reading the other thread, and while I know RWBY isn't perfect, I'm just not interested in reading about things others have found wrong, disliked and would change if they had the oppertunity. I fully respect everyones opinions and views, but I just don't think so indepth about shows I watch. It's also the reason I stopped reading all the other RWBY threads. It just became more than I cared for.

Spoiler: V3C3
    Show
    Another explanation about why everyone was just standing around watching Qrow and Winter fighting is that they might have thought that it was an exibition match that had been organised behind the scenes due to the Vital Festival. Thinking Qrow destroying those robots was all part of it and that everything had been at least partially scripted.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2015-11-20 at 05:58 AM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Mentioned why I posted e3 comments there, it played off the conversation.

Working on my rewrite, my rewrite will be of the usual theme of changing small things here and there would perfect an acceptable product, although the current conversation is on the showing more of the bad guys ominous world chomping threat. And that is actually a pretty big thing (it just doesn't require much to show something is big threat)

Anyway reposted. I'm going with MNCE

commentary to Episode 3! Now available without wading threw comments about refuse and the handling thereof (tip- recycle of course!).

Spoiler: S3E3 Things you haven't notice
    Show
    After those crashing and banging noises that Jeff Williams wants us to appreciate for being sophisticated...did someone mention in that end shot with RWBYJNPR holding hands Pyrrha is the only one that loses her grip and falls away from them?

Anyway episode opens. Weiss is all excited at the coming of Winter. Its like she's a kid expecting to hear school's out and snowball fights...instead we get Winter.

People are claiming Winter is one-dimensional, Winter indeed acts formal, rigid, uptight, and easily offended throughout but there's clearly other things going on here. I was wrong about her simply being evil. Weiss wouldn't be so excited and hero-worshippy of her if Winter was always acting like like an uptight OCD witch. Winter's slaps Weiss as a way of showing concern. Irredeemably evil people don't worry that their sister isn't making enough friends. Their slaps also aren't opportunities for physical comedy ("boop").

There's 3D effects now....for like 3 seconds.

Qrow appears, he had grey hair in the concept drawing. He is sporting a cross. Now we know where RWBY got her symbol she wears in the Red Trailer before she decided to go with roses. Not that Qrow is Christian. Christianity probably doesn't exist in this world, which means no Alcoholics Anonymous, which explains why the guy seeks redemption through drink.

Notice both Qrow and Ironwood are always carrying around drink. What horrors are these guys facing that two of the four defenders of the universe are alcoholics?

Qrow and Winter face off as Ruby and Weiss pick sides, Weiss clearly thinks Winter is the bees knees, which she might be, we can't see her knees. Qrow is supposed to be a scythe-rifle wielder, instead its a giant sword thing and that's lame.

I thought after going through to the end of the fight that Qrow had TWO hilts, and one was the sniper-scythe. No the Sword just transforms, and was about to transform into a scythe when he put it away...way to tease us.

I don't like the big sword, sure its cool, but there is just way too many characters out there with big swords. Also, I hate that they have it making all those cog noises and close ups of the blade slowly transforming as the fight goes on instead of the sword turning into whip-blades or something similarly awesome and fast and smooth and we get to see fancy action. I miss all the Oum action. RWBY now has anime syndrome (AKA Dragonball disease or D&Ditis) where actions take a long time and opponents just sit around waiting their turn.

Why the heck is Qrow picking fights with Winter anyway?

So there's a lot more to Winter then we get to see. When the secret cabal I'll nickname "protectors of the universe" get together Winter is sent to her room. She isn't cool enough for this club. She appears to be Ironwood's flunky, but she's also a Schnee heiress (if not THE heiress apparent) and Weiss seems to LOVE her in an unhealthy and disturbing manner. There's a lot more to her, we just haven't seen it yet.

Anyway the secret cabal. Qrow has infiltrated Cinder's gang's organization but doesn't know who Cinder is. MNCE DO know who Qrow is. Ironwood believed Qrow was compromised, apparently he was. Emerald even suggests shutting down the operation now that Qrow is here, but Cinder says no, because she knows everything and knows she has all the cards, and a iPad that controls stuff that the computers apparently didn't have control of before the virus, like the fights.

Qrow was doing something something very dangerous, and knows this "Black Queen" has something so powerful Ironwood's "little ships" are nothing compared to it. Whatever this Big Thing is, its already known to the cabal so its not the computer virus that apparently gives Cinder hacker-god powers and magic fight-fixing apps.

We know there is something Ozpin thinks can take on what this Black Queen has that makes giant helicarrier-sized sky-ships look small. Ozpin calls it their "Guardian."

Who is this Guardian? What can the Guardian be if its not just handpicking more students, and why isn't it Penny if Penny is so mad powerful. Yes, I think Penny is going to get hacked and become all evil and magically lose her awkwardness and become smooth and sexy because that is what happens to girls in TV shows when they turn evil, but why is she like...whatever.

So that's the episode. Coco and That Guy Whose Name is Also a Snack are about to get worfed.

I was wrong Pyrrha would be the one to get worfed. Maybe she will get killed instead.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rewriting RWBY: Stepping into Monty’s fancy shoes

Okay, it's official. This is the best thing that has, and ever will, come out of RWBY. Ever. Of all time.

Spoiler: Pic
    Show

Credit to Matt the Mammoth Rider for the caption and to Roosterteeth for the original image.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is that how this works? Post something in one thread and then post the same thing in the other? I get that you want people to read your post but it seems like clutter, especially when two threads is clutter anyway.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Mrc. View Post
    Is that how this works? Post something in one thread and then post the same thing in the other? I get that you want people to read your post but it seems like clutter, especially when two threads is clutter anyway.
    I have no memory of making that post, so I'm going to assume that either an admin or a mod did for me. Not entirely sure why, given that there's no red text in the post I originally made and as far as I can tell the post isn't breaking either the forum or media discussion rules, but someone did. And if it's because of the language, please, tell me, and I will delete the picture entirely.

Actually, no, I do know that it was either one of the admins or mods, because that post is listing the rewrite thread as the thread it's replying to, which is where I originally made that post, and as far as I am aware, it takes a mod or an admin to move a post.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2015-11-21 at 07:29 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    I have no memory of making that post, so I'm going to assume that either an admin or a mod did for me. Not entirely sure why, given that there's no red text in the post I originally made and as far as I can tell the post isn't breaking either the forum or media discussion rules, but someone did. And if it's because of the language, please, tell me, and I will delete the picture entirely.
    There are a combination of issues which the moderators are trying to prevent. The first is that, with two threads, some people are inevitably going to post in the wrong thread by accident. The second is that some people are deliberately attempting to disrupt discussion as some kind of misguided act of rebellion. We know this because some have outright stated it, while others are a little more transparent than they would like to believe. This leads to a third issue, of confusing people who come to post in the threads so they won't know what goes where.

We have the ability to move, merge, and split posts when necessary. In order to prevent the confusion, and help those who post in the wrong place by mistake, we will be moving the posts as necessary. At the moment, every such post has been treated as as accident, though we are of course keeping a note of it to identify who keeps doing it repeatedly.

Actually, no, I do know that it was either one of the admins or mods, because that post is listing the rewrite thread as the thread it's replying to, which is where I originally made that post, and as far as I am aware, it takes a mod or an admin to move a post.
    You're aware that editing a mod edit is an infractionable offence, yes? So it wouldn't be a very good idea to try and undo the change yourself if you know it was done by a mod.

Your current post will now be split to return the contents of the original post.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

no episode this week. just a world of remnant.
    havent seen it yet since i'm not a sponsor. but i am a bit dissapointed we once again dont get a real episode...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    no episode this week. just a world of remnant.
    havent seen it yet since i'm not a sponsor. but i am a bit dissapointed we once again dont get a real episode...
    Aren't we all, Swaoeaeieu, aren't we all…

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You're aware that editing a mod edit is an infractionable offence, yes? So it wouldn't be a very good idea to try and undo the change yourself if you know it was done by a mod.

Your current post will now be split to return the contents of the original post.
    Crap, you're right. I am so sorry, I had completely forgotten about that . Inshallah, that will not happen again.

However, if I may ask, may I edit that post so it actually contains everything I wrote on the subject of that picture? I'm guessing probably not, since I've expanded it to contain actual discussion and not just be a fluff post since I made it, but I figure I may as well ask.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2015-11-22 at 05:48 AM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

17. - Top - End - #227

However, if I may ask, may I edit that post so it actually contains everything I wrote on the subject of that picture? I'm guessing probably not, since I've expanded it to contain actual discussion and not just be a fluff post since I made it, but I figure I may as well ask.
    I kept the full text of what your new post said as per your final edit in the rewrite thread. Feel free to edit this post again as normal if you notice any typos or anything else that needs fixing. The part of the split post that was moved to this thread had the original text restored as per what was stored in my cache (though I included the image credit you added). PM me if you'd like to edit it.

I'll take responsibility for fixing any moved posts between these two threads in the future, even if it wasn't me who moved it. If you feel really strongly that a post may have been moved in error and don't know who moved it, please PM me (if you do know, feel free to contact them first).

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: WOR Hunts(wo)men: Special Agent Women
    Show
    So typical to a WoR segment we hear a lot of basic stuff we already know from a bored-sounding Ozpin, with some tantalizing hints about what we all know is coming
    Spoiler: S4 if you havent figured it out yet
    Show
    the upcoming full-on war
    . Atlas, unsurpringly is encouraging their hunters to join the military. Speaking of which, does Atlas even have a separate Hunter-academy? I thought Ironwood was the military academy head, not a hunter academy head. Yet he is also an active general and has Winter serving under him.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2015-11-22 at 11:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: WoR Huntsmen
    Show
    Atlas is the Academy, not the kingdom? Not that there seems to be a difference between the two. They "encourage their huntsmen and huntresses to join the military. That sounds a bit like a euphemism.

More importantly, Atlas was founded in the former kingdom Mantle. I wonder if this is related to the war and/or whatever group Cinder works for.

The last sentence sounded ominous. Someone has (or will) succumbed to darkness I think. Cinder? If "Sacrifice" is from her point of view she might have been one of the "good guys" in the past. Or maybe Ruby/someone close to her?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

20. - Top - End - #230
    Halfling in the Playground

Show
    So Atlas is the academy, and the kingdom is defunct? This means that the academy took over the kingdom, and now functions both as an academy and as a kingdom? That's interesting, and explains a few things that were only tangentially referred to before*, on top of explaining the general issues with trust on Ironwood (He's both the head of state and the academy headmaster, so there's room for a conflict of interest). In a darker setting, it would also explain why the populace feer having Atlas' flying troop transports on their skies. They're nominally for protection, but what if they're an invasion force instead?

* I mean, for example, the comments by Weiss when she meets Winter. She's cut short, but when she starts explaining how in Beacon they have completely separate <cuts off here>, she could be referring to that.
    Antoni Ten Monrós
    GURPSoid - Here are my works
    Fate Lover and backer
    Spaniard Despite Himself
    English is my 4th language, so please, if I say anything offensive, don't take it personally, it's probably a misunderstanding.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
    Show
    So Atlas is the academy, and the kingdom is defunct? This means that the academy took over the kingdom, and now functions both as an academy and as a kingdom? That's interesting, and explains a few things that were only tangentially referred to before*, on top of explaining the general issues with trust on Ironwood (He's both the head of state and the academy headmaster, so there's room for a conflict of interest). In a darker setting, it would also explain why the populace feer having Atlas' flying troop transports on their skies. They're nominally for protection, but what if they're an invasion force instead?

* I mean, for example, the comments by Weiss when she meets Winter. She's cut short, but when she starts explaining how in Beacon they have completely separate <cuts off here>, she could be referring to that.
    Spoiler: The Iron fist is in a velvet glove
    Show
    It is certainly not as you are having it. While Atlas is likely a military-city-state, Ironwood is unlikely to be the dictator and I suspect the kingdom became defunct because the Grimm overran everywhere outside of Atlas rather than military aggression.

In either case, Ironwood is there because he was INVITED. Ozpin let him in on the secret (which he apparently is keeping close to his vest) and then the Vale Council invited him to watch over the games, because they were worried an untimely Grimm attack makes for bad TV.

If people are afraid, it's because they have no clue wtf could be such a huge threat to warrant a wall of little-giant sky ships, not because Atlas could probably take over Vale anytime they wanted.

22. - Top - End - #232

Show
    It is certainly not as you are having it. While Atlas is likely a military-city-state, Ironwood is unlikely to be the dictator and I suspect the kingdom became defunct because the Grimm overran everywhere outside of Atlas rather than military aggression.

In either case, Ironwood is there because he was INVITED. Ozpin let him in on the secret (which he apparently is keeping close to his vest) and then the Vale Council invited him to watch over the games, because they were worried an untimely Grimm attack makes for bad TV.

If people are afraid, it's because they have no clue wtf could be such a huge threat to warrant a wall of little-giant sky ships, not because Atlas could probably take over Vale anytime they wanted.
    Show
    That's why I said "In a darker setting". I know he's been invited. Still, I believe that other characters see him as vulnerable to corruption and power abuse. He wields, after all, both the might of an academy and the might of an army.
    Antoni Ten Monrós
    Fate Lover and backer
    Spaniard Despite Himself
    English is my 4th language, so please, if I say anything offensive, don't take it personally, it's probably a misunderstanding.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    So typical to a WoR segment we hear a lot of basic stuff we already know from a bored-sounding Ozpin, with some tantalizing hints about what we all know is coming
    Show
    the upcoming full-on war
    . Atlas, unsurpringly is encouraging their hunters to join the military. Speaking of which, does Atlas even have a separate Hunter-academy? I thought Ironwood was the military academy head, not a hunter academy head. Yet he is also an active general and has Winter serving under him.
    In chapter 3 Weiss makes a big deal about the separation of school and state in Vale as opposed to Atlas. So Atlas does not have a separate Hunter academy.

Also, we've known Ironwood was both general and headmaster since Ozpin gave him both titles in V2C2; that he is still active has been sorta implied by the giant robot army.

24. - Top - End - #234

Show
    Show
    the upcoming full-on war
    Spoiler: V3 WoR 2 Huntsman + V3C3
    Show
    In V3 WoR 2 it is specifically stated that Atlas was the academy for Mantle and that Mantle is now defunct (with the special side note of military indoctrination of its academy students). In V3C3 Weiss explains to Winter that Beacon (and Vale too) are different to Atlas, then provides the example of the government and school being completely seperate.

From this we can infer that after whatever disaster befell Mantle, Atlas took up the mantle and became a smaller military state.

Show
    {snip}
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
    Show
    {snip}
    Hey guys, I'm all for you being creative with your spoiler titles, but please remember to keep the volume & chapter number in the title!

25. - Top - End - #235

Heeeeey buddy buds. Guess what came out todaaaay.
    RWBY MANGA: Chapter 1 {URL Scrubbed}

Spoiler: MANGA CHAPTER 1
    Show

LOOK AT THIS FIGHT SCENE IMAGINE IF IT WAS ANIMATED! They are making the petals fly from Grimm like blood and it makes the fight look VERY visceral and I love it. This. THIS! THISTHISTHIS! This is what RWBY should be!

After RWBY gets her little teaser video fight scene we cut to Beacon, with our team...ACTUALLY discussing "hey yo what IS this Dust stuff anyway?" and Weiss gives the explanation and we also learn something we DON'T know from the anime series. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT DUST ACTUALLY COMES FROM! Yo, this is ACTUALLY important and INTERESTING. What could it mean! Also note: they were able to get that exposition out without breaking up the flow of the action, AND in a way that made sense (Weiss likes talking about her family's company).

The end of the chapter has Jaune getting smashed into their table by Cardin, and it seems a confrontation will happen. But that's the chapter.

So...my thoughts on the RWBY Manga's first chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I...actually really really enjoyed it. It was actually interesting, the Grimm LOOK THREATENING and the fight scene was actually really good. It still had some issues of it being unclear what all happened in some scenes but that ASIDE the results of said fight was actually kind of cool to watch. I wish it was animated, and like ACTUALLY animated not the teaser trailer RWBY had. I am actually quite interested in seeing where this goes.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2015-11-23 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Scrubbing bubbles

26. - Top - End - #236

RWBY MANGA: Chapter 1 {Scrub the original URL, scrub the quote}
    Huh. That actually looks pretty good. Can't quite place who the art style reminds me of, but it looks familiar. Writing is a little cheesy, but not bad considering the subject matter. And if it's actually canon, I find it very interesting that no one knows where Dust comes from. They must've been really desperate to use something they don't really understand as a weapon.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2015-11-23 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Scrubbing bubbles

I have a quote!
    I like you.

27. - Top - End - #237

Huh. That actually looks pretty good. Can't quite place who the art style reminds me of, but it looks familiar. Writing is a little cheesy, but not bad considering the subject matter. And if it's actually canon, I find it very interesting that no one knows where Dust comes from. They must've been really desperate to use something they don't really understand as a weapon.
    Yeah, and the Schnee corp must be pretty fool hardy to be using something they don't understand in basically everything, from weapons to magical devices to apparent clothing to straight up body modification. The writing is cheesy and a little flat in some places, but I'm going to give the manga some credit and hope it continues on this trend of "actually good". I'm also pretty sure the manga is meant to be canon with the show, I think.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Hey guys, I'm all for you being creative with your spoiler titles, but please remember to keep the volume & chapter number in the title!
    No problem, I'm sorry, I'm a newcomer to the thread, I'll always put the volume and chapter from now on. The thing is, I wasn't sure it applied to these posts, as they didn't directly deal with a given volume/chapter, but I can see how they can be considered spoilerific.

Yeah, and the Schnee corp must be pretty fool hardy to be using something they don't understand in basically everything, from weapons to magical devices to apparent clothing to straight up body modification. The writing is cheesy and a little flat in some places, but I'm going to give the manga some credit and hope it continues on this trend of "actually good". I'm also pretty sure the manga is meant to be canon with the show, I think.
    I'll believe it's canon when Rooster Teeth says it's canon. I expect it to be "Expanded Universe" at best (meaning it's less canon than the show, so if the show contradicts anything, then the show has preference over whatever is in the manga).

That being, I feel it translates the show to the written medium quite well. It's also showing scenes that never happened in the videos, so it's fleshing them quite well. So long as they keep it's canonicity within control (It's so easy to write themselves into a corner, when dealing with multiple media with radically distinct release schedules), it will be a welcome addition to the RWBY universe.
    Antoni Ten Monrós
    Fate Lover and backer
    Spaniard Despite Himself

29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

RWBY MANGA: Chapter 1 {Scrub the original URL, scrub the quote}

Spoiler: MANGA CHAPTER 1
    Show

LOOK AT THIS FIGHT SCENE IMAGINE IF IT WAS ANIMATED! They are making the petals fly from Grimm like blood and it makes the fight look VERY visceral and I love it. This. THIS! THISTHISTHIS! This is what RWBY should be!

After RWBY gets her little teaser video fight scene we cut to Beacon, with our team...ACTUALLY discussing "hey yo what IS this Dust stuff anyway?" and Weiss gives the explanation and we also learn something we DON'T know from the anime series. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT DUST ACTUALLY COMES FROM! Yo, this is ACTUALLY important and INTERESTING. What could it mean! Also note: they were able to get that exposition out without breaking up the flow of the action, AND in a way that made sense (Weiss likes talking about her family's company).

The end of the chapter has Jaune getting smashed into their table by Cardin, and it seems a confrontation will happen. But that's the chapter.

So...my thoughts on the RWBY Manga's first chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I...actually really really enjoyed it. It was actually interesting, the Grimm LOOK THREATENING and the fight scene was actually really good. It still had some issues of it being unclear what all happened in some scenes but that ASIDE the results of said fight was actually kind of cool to watch. I wish it was animated, and like ACTUALLY animated not the teaser trailer RWBY had. I am actually quite interested in seeing where this goes.
    Spoiler: manga #1
    Show
    well that fight scene just looks like a manga version of the red trailer. but i agree that the artwork looks pretty snazzy

all the characters look kinda stretched out, or exceptionally skinny or something. just looks a bit different then the show is what im saying.

i liked that they put velvet in the cafeteria. and the dust talk is new but not really suprising. it kinda looks like they want to do world building, but because the show never told some things, they make Weiss tell us no one knows.

but it looks promissing, certainly worth reading
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2015-11-23 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Scrubbing bubbles
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    well that fight scene just looks like a manga version of the red trailer. but i agree that the artwork looks pretty snazzy

all the characters look kinda stretched out, or exceptionally skinny or something. just looks a bit different then the show is what im saying.

i liked that they put velvet in the cafeteria. and the dust talk is new but not really suprising. it kinda looks like they want to do world building, but because the show never told some things, they make Weiss tell us no one knows.

but it looks promissing, certainly worth reading
    I think the manga version is superior. For me it's easier to focus, the Grimm actually look kinda scary, and yes they drop as easily as flies but Ruby kinda looks like this whole fight is messing her up mentally, which it should. It's also actually making the fight more visceral, what with the petal blood going on.

Maybe it's just me but I like how the manga makes them look better. They actually look like teens. I also APPRECIATE they're doing some actual, in universe world building. I'm actually kind of interested if the "we don't know what Dust actually IS" thing is canon for the regular RWBY or not. Because if so I'm actually intrigued.