New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Star Wars Saga Help

Hi, I've been playing a Saga campaign for nearly a year and I'm having fun. Lots of fun. The problem is my DM is brutal. He's polite, friendly and understanding but holy crap, the situations he designs are just too much. We lose weapons frequently, enemies overwhelm us and I already lost two characters. Could someone suggest a build? We use just the Core manual. Currently the group is formed by a sly talking noble, a (kind of) Dark Jedi and my former soldier.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Star Wars Saga Help

While I can't suggest a build, I would suggest looking at what's going on an building to that. He likes you to lose weapons... go with weapons you can't lose.

Also, remember the key to old-school gaming: Sometimes, you have to run. Too many people to fight? Run away (or set up a conga-line of death). Y'all might be having trouble, not because of anything other than tactics.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles23 View Post
    Hi, I've been playing a Saga campaign for nearly a year and I'm having fun. Lots of fun. The problem is my DM is brutal. He's polite, friendly and understanding but holy crap, the situations he designs are just too much. We lose weapons frequently, enemies overwhelm us and I already lost two characters. Could someone suggest a build? We use just the Core manual. Currently the group is formed by a sly talking noble, a (kind of) Dark Jedi and my former soldier.
    Lose weapons how? Being disarmed, or having your illegal stuff seized?
    What kind of enemies are overwhelming you?
    Is the 'problem' the evil character(s)?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

You should head over to the saga edition boards I frequent. Those guys will be able to help with lots of Saga-related stuff.

The Saga Continues

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

What level are you and what do you want to do?

Some general advice: multiclass to get the talents you want, since there is no real downside to doing so. A level or 3 of Scout is great for anyone, as you can get Evasion (which is amazing), Uncanny Dodge (good if you've got good Dexterity and are surprised often) and Shake It Off as a free feat. Scouts also get the second most skills, so it makes a great 1st level, even if you don't continue in the class after level 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Alright, let's do this.
    So the necessary skillset for a modern Major-General is Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (History), Profession (Mathematician), Profession (Siege Engineer), Perform (oratory), Perform (singing), Perform (whistling), Speak Language, and Ride, as well as a solid baseline Intelligence score
    PM me for any games in the Toledo area!