Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Guilds IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Guilds IC

The four ambassadors of each of the most prominent guilds in Bonta are, currently, waiting. They are waiting in a very nice anteroom, just outside the throne room of the king of Bonta, but waiting all the same.

They have been called here for an unexplained but important piece of business.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

I have a Youtube channel. Check this out!

For my players: I'm a relatively new GM. Expect plenty of mistakes.

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Guilds IC

Claribel looks at the other people here, a dwarf, an elf, and a deep gnome. Only the later is interesting in and of itself so she walks over to him, extends a hand, and says, "Good day sir, I am Claribel. What may I call you?" Meanwhile a strange infernal or perhaps elemental looking bat-like thing flies around the room, always somewhat nearby her.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Draven felt uneasy here. This place was not for him, especially if he was known here. He didn't mean to be rude by not speaking, rather he was just concentrating. Draven looks all around the room trying to find potential escape routes if the worst should happen and this be a trap. He stands leaning against the wall not making a sound.
    Current Characters
    Anvorwulf Targgund (Human Sorcerer 3) | IC | OOC
    Aruzara Sarotir (Half-Orc Fighter 2) | IC | OOC
    Saskia Cindersaw (Human Mystic 1) | IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Durthmeck was sitting in the softest bench he could find looking at the ceiling and the pictures adorning the walls. His fingers were constantly running through his beard, and the rat sitting on his shoulder seemed to be doing the same. When the man who entered the room introduced himself, Durthmeck responded by saying,
    "Hmm... What was that?... oh yes that's right, well you can call me Master Crystalfist... Wait, do I know you? My acquaintances call me Durthmeck... Hmm... very well whatever suits you."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

((Man?))

"No, Master Crystalfist, I would recall if we had met before. And who is this little one?" Claribel asks, indicating the rat.

I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    My overly long signature

6. - Top - End - #6

Flumph

"Very well then! Good to meet you Gabriel. This little buddy is Onyx, and who or what is that... bat?"

He looks over to the other seated and says "Well, are we not doing introductions here?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hello Onyx!" Claribel says in her taking to pets voice. "This is Cinderella. She's a fiendish bat of some kind. Come say hello." she says, indicating the bat which comes over and makes a sound that is a high pitched combination of something burning, a regular bat screech, and the feint muffled screams of the damned.

At Durthmeck's words to the others she joins him in looking at them expectantly.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-11-10 at 10:39 PM.

My overly long signature

8. - Top - End - #8

Lizardfolk

It takes a moment for Draven to notice that he was being addressed, he looks up and stands up straight off the wall. "Oh you meant me? You may call me Alpha. You will have to forgive me for not being so forthcoming but in my line of work the ones using their real names are the ones locked up in a cell or in the ground". When he looks up there is a nasty brand on his right cheek in a different script that is clearly visible.

Spoiler: If you can read Orcish
    Show
    The brand clearly says "coward" on it.
    Current Characters

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rimedur sat comfortably, watching the others with sharp eyes. His long blonde hair was pushed back but loose, falling nearly to his mid back. Today he wore long white and red robes, with an blue pin in the shape of an eye on his left breast. A silver feathered bird perched on his shoulder, it's head tucked into its wing, obscuring it's face. Anyone well versed in fowl would recognize it as an owl.

He waited for the others to introduce themselves, then greeted them, nodding to each as he acknowledged them. "Claribel, Durthmeck, Alpha, my name is Rimedur. It's a pleasure to meet the three of you."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Claribel considers "Alpha's" words and nods and holds out a hand for him to shake, then offers one to Rimedur in turn. She notes the pin and recognizes the guild symbol and based on Alpha's words he's also a part of some organization and arrives at a conclusion, "So we're all here representing our guilds then? This is a bit unusual isn't it?"

My overly long signature

11. - Top - End - #11

Lizardfolk

"To be quite brutally honest, I feel like myself and the organisation I represent are out of place here. There must be a good reason for being summoned, and an even greater one for my organisation to accept these summons. Perhaps the royalty wants some certain...delicate...matters attended to".
    Current Characters

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

As the four of you chat, the doors swing open, revealing a short, plump looking man. The king desires your presence, he announces, waving his hands in a gesture indicating you should follow him inside.

I'm not late, am I? a fifth man says, arriving into the anteroom. His most distinguishing feature is a tattoo that continuously swirls on his face, eddying and whirling into different forms.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rimedur nodded to Claribel. 'Perhaps it is a bit odd,' he thought to himself. He pondered this a moment while Draven spoke, but immediately stood when the far doors swung apart. Rimedur acknowledged the king's aide and started forward. He stepped through the doorway as the latecomer arrived.
    Last edited by abwinningh42; 2015-11-11 at 02:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, the king says in his booming voice. The new guilds have arrived. Now, as you know, the law of the land prohibits any guild operating without a license issued by me personally. Now, in order to earn your-

My liege, if I may speak with you privately a moment? the latecomer with the tattoo asks.

What is it? the king, genial as ever, asks.

The tattooed man steps towards the king, aiming to whisper in his ear.

Spoiler: Insight DC 20
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20]

He's going forward with murder in his eyes.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2015-11-11 at 02:38 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Claribel, by some miracle sensing the man's intent, gives a snap of her fingers in the man's direction and a large fire suddenly springs to life underneath him. (Hopefully positions so that he'd have to move away from the king to get out of it, but if not oh well.) "Your Majesty, stay back! This man intends you harm!" she shouts...also taking a step away from the man. If possible she moves behind the dwarf, since he seems a dangerous sort.

((Casting Create Bonfire. Bad dude needs to make a DC 14 Dex save or take 1d8 damage... which I'll just let the GM roll if he fails since I forgot to do the roll before the post. And I'll concentrate on it either way so if he ends his turn in it he has to make the save again.))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-11-11 at 03:15 PM.

My overly long signature

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

The man leaps headlong over the flames and grabs the king, a thorny whip extending from his hands wrapping around the king's throat.

As he does, a snarl of rage rips its way out of his throat.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Athletics DC 15 to vault the flames: (1d20+5)[12] (1d20+5)[11] advantage or take (1d6)[1] fire damage

Bonus action rage.

Main action grapple the king

(1d20+5)[11]
    (1d20+5)[14]

versus

(1d20-1)[8]
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Claribel stops concentrating on the spell since the fire would just get in people's way now.

((And that's all I'll do since other people should logically move before she does again. Just did that because ceasing to concentrate on a spell can be done at any time.))

My overly long signature

18. - Top - End - #18

Flumph

Durthmeck was just complacently observing the kings decor as the pleasantries were going on when suddenly fire sprouted out of nowhere and the advisor was choking the King. Not knowing what was going on at all Durthmeck just yelled, "STOP!!" and points his wand towards the assailant.

Show
    Cast sleep centered so the attacker is in the sphere, or king and assailant if that is not possible sphere, but not the party. If possible. The creature with the lowest hit points will fall asleep if it has hit points lower than the roll, and the next creature will fall asleep if its HP is lower than the remainder of the roll, and so on.
    (5d8)[16]
    Last edited by Gothos; 2015-11-11 at 05:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

The king falls unconscious in the tattooed assassin's arms. The assassin himself stays standing, unaffected by the spell.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rimedur frowned, he would have preferred to charm the culprit, rather than resorting to violence. C'est la vie. He extended his arm and pointed a finger at the accoster. Three bolts of glowing force formed and streaked towards their target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile targeting the attacker

Damage (3d4+3)[10]

21. - Top - End - #21

Lizardfolk

Draven recognized the look in the man's eyes instantly, due to the fact that he wears that look frequently himself. Whilst the spells are flying he runs into the fray, rapier and shortsword drawn as he attempts a quick jab with the rapier followed by a swing at the leg with his shortsword at the assassin.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Rapier: (1d20+5)[7] to hit
    (1d8+3)[11] piercing damage upon hit.
    Shortsword (1d20+5)[24] to hit
    (1d6)[6] slashing damage upon hit.
    Current Characters

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Claribel doesn't have a lot of options to hurt the man without potentially hurting the King too, so she decides to try and prevent him from going anywhere. She casts a spell and suddenly a little cloud forms above him and rains down warm grease as it makes a sound and smell like bacon cooking. As this happens she moves over to the door they entered from and closes it (unless it already was, in which case she just stands in front of it).

((Assuming it's my turn again. Casting Grease. DC 14 Dex save or he falls prone. If possible trying to place it where it wouldn't make Draven have to make the save too, but if it's both or none I'll choose both. Just hope the guy doesn't do that thing where he makes an Athletics check instead of a Dex save again.))

My overly long signature

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    ((Assuming it's my turn again. Casting Grease. DC 14 Dex save or he falls prone. If possible trying to place it where it wouldn't make Draven have to make the save too, but if it's both or none I'll choose both. Just hope the guy doesn't do that thing where he makes an Athletics check instead of a Dex save again.))
    It's not. The assassin gets a turn, you know.

The assassin grabs the king's head, twisting it and dragging the spikes against his throat.

The king begins to bleed heavily from the neck, but as the grease appears underneath, they both fall prone, the grease staining red in the king's blood.

Show
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d20+5)[21] Reckless Attack

(1d6+3)[9]

And then, Dexterity save (1d20+2)[4]
    (1d20+2)[11]
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2015-11-12 at 10:47 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Flumph

Very frustrated to see his spell do the opposite of his intentions, Durthmeck decided to take a lesson from Rimedur and shot three spectral arrows at the assailant.
    Show
    Cast magic missile at assassin
    (3d4+3)[13] for damage

25. - Top - End - #25

Lizardfolk

Seeing his advantage with the assassin prone, Draven moves in for the kill.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Target is prone, granting advantage.
    Rapier:
    (1d20+5)[6] to hit
    (1d20+5)[20] advantage
    (1d8+3)[9] piercing damage upon hit.
    (1d6)[5] sneak attack damage
    (1d8)[5] extra damage upon potential crit.

Shortsword:
    (1d20+5)[7] to hit
    (1d20+5)[13] advantage
    (1d6+3)[5] piercing damage upon hit.
    (1d6)[4] extra damage upon potential crit.
    Current Characters

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

The tattooed assassin bleeds heavily, but bares his teeth in anger. He's wounded, but still ready to fight.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking it best not to light a grease fire right next to the sleeping person they're attempting to save, Claribel opts to cast a spell that conjures a toad shape ball of acid atop of the assassin. (The one trying to kill the king, not the other one she doesn't actually know is an assassin.)

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Acid Splash, choosing to just hit the one target. He has to make a DC 14 Dex save or take (1d6)[1] acid damage.

If the tattooed guy ends his turn in the grease he needs to make another DC 14 Dex save or fall prone. Unless he's just staying prone I suppose.

My overly long signature

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Dex Save
    Show
    (1d20+2)[17]
    (1d20+2)[6]

The man rolls out of the way of the acid, successfully avoiding it. He then grabs the kings head and twists, hard, and you hear an audible snap. Ha! Victory!
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2015-11-13 at 09:54 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon hearing the king's neck snap, Rimedur feels his chest tighten in anger. Without thought, he extends his hand again firing more bolts of force.

"Where in the Nine Hells are the king's guards!?" His voice rings out as the shining darts streak into their target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile targeting assassin

(3d4+3)[12]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

The assassin, finally, drops down dead, bleeding from many wounds. His blood mixes with that of the king, but then you hear a sound you hadn't thought you would-the king coughs, slightly, sending blood flecks out onto the ground.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew

Show