Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Results 631 to 637 of 637
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gideon Falcon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

    Note that he never did finish the Diffuse Mind option for Neural Echoes under Necrotic Meat Mutation. If anyone has an idea, he would probably not mind developing it.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

  2. - Top - End - #632
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Arkanist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    My house
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

    For your consideration, a prestige class centered around owning a Stronghold and infusing it with one's own Myth. In the thread, I'd love to take suggestions, feedback, and tweaks.
    Avatar adopted from Kid Kris.

    Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    Fool! What torments have you unleashed upon the playground! The black gates of the abyss have been thrown asunder and soon all forms of monstroties shall rush forth! Repent! Repent I say! Before the end times! Before it is too late! I can feel the evil in my teeth!

  3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gideon Falcon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

    I like the Death Star capstone. Some ideas for more Mythos would be, say, some sort of Labyrinth that drives people mad if they get lost in it, predatory garden plants patrolling the outer grounds (as another offshoot from the leadership effects), and some more abilities for extradimensional spaces. It's true that the Stronghold Builder's guide can provide a lot if similar abilities with the right Landlord expenditures, but any free forms (and often improved versions) will always help make the estate that much grander.
    On tell other hand, I also like how the Drawing from Arcane Wells ability works- it's based on an existing Stronghold Space feature, but gives it a new function appropriate to the Mythos system. You could find some other specialized rooms that could be given Mythos abilities to become more exotic, fantastic, and befitting a mysterious mansion.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

  4. - Top - End - #634
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Ya know what? I don't think I will. After hearing y'all mention the Kreikiri, I just realized I've never actually read it to completion (or at all now that I think about it). Now that I have, it's just about everything I could've wanted in a fleshwarping class. And let me tell you, I have an... unhealthy appreciation for anything dealing with fleshwarping.

    If you're reading this ThreadNecro5: Good on ya. You did some good damn work.
    I would still love to see your take on it. The Kreikiri is my favorite mythos class out of the whole system and I support more fleshy themed spin offs!

    At the very least, consider making a sort of subset of mythos as a sort of homebrew add-on to the kreikiri? I did the same thing with another Mythos class where I made a whole set of mythos that gave it a Truenaming path.
    Where can I host a picture for use as an avatar? Gitp seems so outdated using only http and not https.

  5. - Top - End - #635
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Primal Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the heart of the beast
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

    Quote Originally Posted by Theseventh View Post
    At the very least, consider making a sort of subset of mythos as a sort of homebrew add-on to the kreikiri? I did the same thing with another Mythos class where I made a whole set of mythos that gave it a Truenaming path.
    I think I'll put it down completely. The whole "mother/father of monsters" thing raises the question as to how they make the monsters. And since "Sanrasha" is japanese for "ovipositor"... well. Let's just say, in my head at least, some of those mythos would be a bit too risque to be posted on a decent forum like this.

    Also. If you look up the word ovipositor, please be careful. People are into some WEIRD stuff.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2018-01-19 at 10:41 PM.
    My Homebrew



  6. - Top - End - #636
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gideon Falcon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

    I believe someone was working on rewriting the Proidos- any news on progress in that front?
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

  7. - Top - End - #637
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Also. If you look up the word ovipositor, please be careful. People are into some WEIRD stuff.
    *nipple impregnation comic flashbacks* ...This is where I regret my choice of fetishes... At least it rarely crosses with scat or snuff. Pretty frequently involves insect-buggering and tentacles. Yes, both, at the same time, because ovipositors are usually rendered as tentacles rather than *****.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    I believe someone was working on rewriting the Proidos- any news on progress in that front?
    Of my own posts, this is the closest I can think of to such a suggestion. Looking at the Proidos, it is, mechanically, largely about adding abilities to items, with some Mythos to graft items to add abilities to into people. By appearances, it's also planned to have some form of minion creation, but that never got anywhere.

    A rework would, obviously, need to actually finish the class. And also touch up the fluff, because it's a bit unfitting.
    My most liked class, thematically, is the Artificer. Make free items! (fail by RAW to)Hold up the setting! Have access to every magic item...
    My most liked class, mechanically, is the Bard. I sing the enemy to death! (at level 21)I talk you into a suicidal fanatic! I need to cheese rules that make me sing as I fight or talk to get things done...

    I prefer t2 over anything else, because t2 lets you become anything. I think Psionics is more versatile than magic.

    Homebrewer's sig

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •