Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

Yeah, I have, but the guy who made the Umbramendax hasn't responded. I don't know if he still frequents these forums. I was more asking because I don't know if I'm the only one still interested in 3.5.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    Yeah, I have, but the guy who made the Umbramendax hasn't responded. I don't know if he still frequents these forums. I was more asking because I don't know if I'm the only one still interested in 3.5.
    Well i am to intrested in 3.5 version
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Message lanth sir. We play with the 3.5 stuff on a regular basis add he's got like 2-3 unfinished ones floating around here.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theseventh View Post
    I'l be honest. Sad to see the jump to 5e. I don't care about 5e at all and I know this is going to mortally wound, or at the very least slow, the continued development of the 3.5 stuff. Call me selfish I guess.

Reminds me of Gramarie all over again. Old system was not done, it had it's flaws yes. But then everyone decided to jump ship to begin working on a new version that never panned out and now both are dead. Sad times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    Still, I really hope Xefas can get his info back. I enjoy 5e well enough, but I vastly prefer 3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Well i am to intrested in 3.5 version
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoli View Post
    Message lanth sir. We play with the 3.5 stuff on a regular basis add he's got like 2-3 unfinished ones floating around here.
    I still wish to post my Phileotheysia for 3.5 at some point...

Something that would help me do so would be if I could get a solemn oath VERY strong assurance that I will not be bugged about the titan-related stuff (I never took much of a shine to that oddly enough), nor about having merged "healing" onto "sacrifice" and ESPECIALLY that nobody will utter the word "simplify" in my thread without offering a rewritten version for my consideration. If I could write simpler without compromising my vision I already would have. Complexity of writing is a inherent problem of mine. OTOHs one of the previous thread titles for these general mythos discussion threads was "Where Simplicity Goes to Die" and Bdrone made it through the entire thing on GoogleDocs with only a few questions.

Note that I would be more than happy if someone (perhaps Lanth Sor) would work on the Titan part, I just don't want to be told I need to get such a thing created before people will consider my work.

On a side note that spoils a recent Blockbuster that has semi-recently made it onto DVD, plus a PonyFic and an Magical Girl Anime:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Movie!Doctor Strange now joins my list of really good examples of a Phileotheysia's mentality in action... which, with Nightmare Whisper and Madoka, brings the list to three... most of the other examples have this nasty problem of that their sacrifice has a end-point, rather than being indefinite or eternal. Of course, with the way the Phileotheysia mythos usually work it is more a matter of "repeated", rather than "continual". The Shintai is the partial exception (thank you Madoka for the inspiration!).

EDIT: I DO have some notes on the Titan, they just don't add up to a full story. I think I may make up for it with other flavorful bits such as a filk I wrote for the class, and a link to another filk that fits a different part of the class, but which wasn't written for it, and isn't by me.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2017-06-24 at 01:45 PM.
    Playing: Timoci in 100th level Pentastalt game.
    Running: Ruceeglaelsktinag IC OOC (Now accepting applications via PM for anyone interested when/if I start this up again)
    Equestria Begins (Post Hearth's-Warming era My Little Pony game): New Recruiting, Original Recruiting, OOC, IC
    For everything else (including my extensive homebrew) see: Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I still wish to post my Phileotheysia for 3.5 at some point...

Something that would help me do so would be if I could get a solemn oath VERY strong assurance that I will not be bugged about the titan-related stuff (I never took much of a shine to that oddly enough), nor about having merged "healing" onto "sacrifice" and ESPECIALLY that nobody will utter the word "simplify" in my thread without offering a rewritten version for my consideration. If I could write simpler without compromising my vision I already would have. Complexity of writing is a inherent problem of mine. OTOHs one of the previous thread titles for these general mythos discussion threads was "Where Simplicity Goes to Die" and Bdrone made it through the entire thing on GoogleDocs with only a few questions.
    I am all for anything that kicks simplicity to the curb! Why do you think I still play 3.5? I really want to see this!

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Theseventh View Post
    I am all for anything that kicks simplicity to the curb! Why do you think I still play 3.5? I really want to see this!
    Very well. I'll get it up when I have a chance. Gotta figure out how many posts I will need for this beast and such. Not to mention trying to leave out at least MOST of the editing notes and mechanically incomplete excellencies and mythoi.

Plus I'm still recovering from a nasty cold.

EDIT: I hope to post later tonight after the site traffic has died down. Intentionally leaving in about 10% of my editing notes so that readers may advise me on the uncertainties they mention.
    Last edited by DracoDei; Today at 05:27 PM.
    Playing: Timoci in 100th level Pentastalt game.
    Running: Ruceeglaelsktinag IC OOC (Now accepting applications via PM for anyone interested when/if I start this up again)
    Equestria Begins (Post Hearth's-Warming era My Little Pony game): New Recruiting, Original Recruiting, OOC, IC
    For everything else (including my extensive homebrew) see: Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.